Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Instant Machines!

Topic closed. 46 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Boney526.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Do you use Instants(Scratch off) Machines?

Yes [ 92 ]  [80.00%]
No [ 14 ]  [12.17%]
None in my area. [ 9 ]  [7.83%]
Total Valid Votes [ 115 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Dawn32's avatar - DawnMarch2012
New Jersey
United States
Member #71646
March 1, 2009
204 Posts
Posted: October 22, 2010, 10:44 am - IP Logged

My brother was in line paying for groceries and his son was pressing the buttons on the lotto machine playing around and out popped a slingo ticket (NJ).  He scratched it off and it was a $50 winner.  My brother has luck like that it's weird.  Another time he bought me and my mom 2 scratch offs.  All the same game.  I won $15 and my mom won $50, and the 2 he bought for himself was a winner too, I think it was $10.

"Bless me Lord, so that I may be a blessing to others."

Monkey Butt, USA
    United States
    Member #54569
    August 23, 2007
    1124 Posts
    Posted: November 8, 2010, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

I stopped to look at the machine in my Fred Meyer yesterday.  I noticed that you can get your online tickets there too, Powerball, Megamillion, etc.

I'm glad I noticed before I played that with that machine, you don't get any change.  If you put a $20 in wanting a couple $1 tickets, tough luck.  Spend it or lose it to the next customer.

I didn't notice if you could cash in your tickets with this machine, but if you can I suspect your only option is to buy more tickets - no cash payouts.  Is that how it is with other machines?

Rule for using the machines is to always have the extra dollars and make sure you are using good dollars. There is nothing more frustrating than the machine rejecting your money when you have paid almost all of the amount due.

That is the only drawback I have experienced with the machine. It is frustrating as HE11!!

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
      Florida
      United States
      Member #46570
      September 14, 2006
      558 Posts
      Posted: November 21, 2010, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Hi all,

Whats the deal with these Scratch off Ticket vending machines ?!?! I bought 5 - $5 scratch off tickets all in a row and won zero, zilch,nada ! Are the tickets that are placed inside these machines, come off the original roll or do they tear them apart and stack them into the machines and therefore, mixing up their order and screwing up the overal odds that should have been a win in 1:4.36 ?!?!? I feel I got the shaft on this deal.. no more machines for me.. I want those tickets torn off the roll all in a row !

Omniscient

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

SE PA
        United States
        Member #93582
        July 3, 2010
        1872 Posts
        Posted: November 21, 2010, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

Well, 5 in a row isn't unusual, unfortunately. But I've been mostly playing the machines for the over a year I've been playing  -  and never have won more than $200, so maybe you're right.

sully16's avatar - sharan
          Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          41988 Posts
          Posted: December 4, 2010, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

My brother was in line paying for groceries and his son was pressing the buttons on the lotto machine playing around and out popped a slingo ticket (NJ).  He scratched it off and it was a $50 winner.  My brother has luck like that it's weird.  Another time he bought me and my mom 2 scratch offs.  All the same game.  I won $15 and my mom won $50, and the 2 he bought for himself was a winner too, I think it was $10.

thats a great story, my kid is always checking the coinstar machine, now I'll have him push buttons on the lottery machine.

HyperBe Happy.

United States
            Member #97729
            September 22, 2010
            321 Posts
            Posted: December 9, 2010, 12:42 am - IP Logged

Hi all,

Whats the deal with these Scratch off Ticket vending machines ?!?! I bought 5 - $5 scratch off tickets all in a row and won zero, zilch,nada ! Are the tickets that are placed inside these machines, come off the original roll or do they tear them apart and stack them into the machines and therefore, mixing up their order and screwing up the overal odds that should have been a win in 1:4.36 ?!?!? I feel I got the shaft on this deal.. no more machines for me.. I want those tickets torn off the roll all in a row !

Omniscient

Look at the ticket number. It is on the front and back of the ticket. You can tell if they are in order if you can read numbers and count. I have always found them to be in order, at least here in GA. I have heard of 10 losers in a row. As far as I know, tickets are not printed specifically for machines or clerks. The only difference is that some rolls start on 000, and others start on 029 (in example $5 tickets). The main downside to buying from machines is that you cannot read the ticket number before you buy, but I just won $150 from a machine a couple of days ago, so I am not so sure that it matters. I also won $10 on the ticket before it, so you never know.

United States
              Member #97684
              September 21, 2010
              16 Posts
              Posted: December 10, 2010, 10:18 am - IP Logged

I try to get the scoop from the clerks about the scratch machines.  Some of them don't pay attention but one guy noted 2 500 winners on the Golden Goose ticket. This was in same week at a publix in FL.  I don't mind the machines but one inconsistency is difffernt people load the tickets so when I grab a ticket and its 24 and I want 25,  I buy the next ticket but 23 comes out.  Because they put the ticket rolls in different, some count up some count down,you never know.
              So far I haven't won when getting a ticket number by accident when I was expecting a certaiin ticket number.

SE PA
                United States
                Member #93582
                July 3, 2010
                1872 Posts
                Posted: December 31, 2010, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

I had seen that there was a grand prize winner (the $2 $1,000 A Week For Life game) in my area, and today I found out where it was sold. A gas station about 5 miles away. Thw winning ticket was #45 and a xeroxed copy was on the wall. They had $500 and  $1,000 winners on the wall, too - a $500 Jingle Bell Doubler, a $500 Merry Millionaire, and the grand prize winner.

I bought 2 20x the Moneys there with no luck, but a Jingle Bell Doubler did win a small amount.

More proof that the gas stations/convenience stores have more big winners than the machines?

United States
                  Member #97729
                  September 22, 2010
                  321 Posts
                  Posted: January 8, 2011, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

I had seen that there was a grand prize winner (the $2 $1,000 A Week For Life game) in my area, and today I found out where it was sold. A gas station about 5 miles away. Thw winning ticket was #45 and a xeroxed copy was on the wall. They had $500 and  $1,000 winners on the wall, too - a $500 Jingle Bell Doubler, a $500 Merry Millionaire, and the grand prize winner.

I bought 2 20x the Moneys there with no luck, but a Jingle Bell Doubler did win a small amount.

More proof that the gas stations/convenience stores have more big winners than the machines?

I think the lottery is just a bigger, more important part of a c-store's everyday profit-maker than it is in a supermarket. The QuickTrips are all corporate stations, and they don't really post any winners there, but none of them are owned by individuals; they are all owned by the same person. Many of the stations owned independently by persons of Middle Eastern descent, or whatever nationality, post the winners more often. I think that in the grocery stores, lotto is not what they consider at the top of their food chain. Just like in QT, they like to keep a uniform, tidy appearance. They also know that a lot of people don't like gambling, so they are not wanting to necessarily advertise it as heavily.

SE PA
                    United States
                    Member #93582
                    July 3, 2010
                    1872 Posts
                    Posted: January 9, 2011, 12:25 am - IP Logged

I think the lottery is just a bigger, more important part of a c-store's everyday profit-maker than it is in a supermarket. The QuickTrips are all corporate stations, and they don't really post any winners there, but none of them are owned by individuals; they are all owned by the same person. Many of the stations owned independently by persons of Middle Eastern descent, or whatever nationality, post the winners more often. I think that in the grocery stores, lotto is not what they consider at the top of their food chain. Just like in QT, they like to keep a uniform, tidy appearance. They also know that a lot of people don't like gambling, so they are not wanting to necessarily advertise it as heavily.

It just seems that when the really big wins are announced, I hardly ever see them from Giant supermarkets or anything.

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
                      Florida
                      United States
                      Member #104435
                      January 14, 2011
                      2244 Posts
                      Posted: January 15, 2011, 12:02 am - IP Logged

Most ive won out of a machine is $100 ( 4 times )

I don't know why but every time I play I always get tickets numbered 020 - 045 and its starting to piss me off as 70% of those are losers. However I notice 040 and 044 win almost every time, though only small amounts. Ironically my $100 wins all came from 003 - 019 range. And ive been reading up on recent winners in the state and have found out the jackpot winners usually win on either the first or last 10 tickets from the roll. Twice a 000 winner ( latest Monopoly $3M and I believe a Gold Rush $500K ). the $10M Billion Dollar Blockbuster was # 091. Coincidence or what ?

And for the record, those were NOT from machines !

SE PA
                        United States
                        Member #93582
                        July 3, 2010
                        1872 Posts
                        Posted: January 16, 2011, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

What is the most someone has won from the machines? I wonder if I have to leave the machines to break my $200 win barrier.

FL
                          United States
                          Member #104946
                          January 22, 2011
                          105 Posts
                          Posted: January 28, 2011, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

I am liking the machines.  Less waiting in line and I believe they can win just the same.  It's just a roll of tickets and any roll can win, although most are filled with losers.  Just have to know when to stop which I've had a problem with the "Just one more" syndrom.  Even after a 100.00 from a Millionaire club I went and played the next few tickets.

United States
                            Member #83701
                            December 13, 2009
                            225 Posts
                            Posted: January 31, 2011, 12:36 am - IP Logged

Hello!

I live in Ohio, and just about every supermarket has a lottery instants machine.

I really do so much better then getting them from the clerks...

one stradegy I do is buy all the $1 tickets or $2 tickets usually about 5 diffrent tickets each..and then scratch them off..to see which are winners...any losing tickets I go back and buy the ones lost on, and usually win then. Also if you dont want to scratch off you can scatch only the bar code and then scan the tickets at the machine, which is cool.  You can even redeem your winners by scanning them twice and then buy new tickets, all 24 hours a day!

All in all I really like the machines, how about you?

I like the machines cause the tickets aren't curled up.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                              A long and winding road
                              United States
                              Member #17084
                              June 10, 2005
                              4575 Posts
                              Posted: February 3, 2011, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

I like the machines cause the tickets aren't curled up.

Hey! I never realized that but you are right! They dont curl, they just get sliced incorrectly when the machine goes to cut them /tear them from the roll. I had a machine do that to me and it voided the ticket entirely! I complained to the manager of the store and he said, its a gambling game and you took a risk and lost, sorry bout your luck! I said well dont you have a service number to call to get the machine adjusted to align when cutting, he said sure! ANd pay there technicians 50$ to fix it, nah aint worth it to me and my business! So I no longer go there for instants.

I sent a letter to the PA lottery and they said its the vendors responsibility to have the machines operating. (DUH!)  Makes me wanna work for the Lottery since they have such cookie cutter responses without resolving the CUSTOMERS concern.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008