Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Instant Machines!

Topic closed. 46 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Boney526.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Do you use Instants(Scratch off) Machines?

Yes [ 92 ]  [80.00%]
No [ 14 ]  [12.17%]
None in my area. [ 9 ]  [7.83%]
Total Valid Votes [ 115 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
SE PA
United States
Member #93582
July 3, 2010
1866 Posts
Posted: February 3, 2011, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

Definitely don't go there anymore, TheGameGrl! I had that happen once at Giant with a BWS ticket. It cut the whole scratch area off. They gave me my $10 back. As for the Lottery, they usually won't give much satisfaction. After all, they took off the visual ticket win/loss codes with no regard for the players.

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #104435
    January 14, 2011
    2244 Posts
    Posted: February 3, 2011, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

Had this happen to me yesterday. My $20 dollar Monopoly got stuck inside the machine but I got lucky and had a store clerk open it within a minute. Ticket was scratched to hell but hey it won. 

Today one of my tickets came out so creased and banged up it was almost impossible to scratch. The machine had its way with the ticket I suppose.

2014 Highest Winner: $500

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
      The Ville, FL
      United States
      Member #95879
      August 19, 2010
      1708 Posts
      Posted: February 8, 2011, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

Most ive won out of a machine is $100 ( 4 times )

I don't know why but every time I play I always get tickets numbered 020 - 045 and its starting to piss me off as 70% of those are losers. However I notice 040 and 044 win almost every time, though only small amounts. Ironically my $100 wins all came from 003 - 019 range. And ive been reading up on recent winners in the state and have found out the jackpot winners usually win on either the first or last 10 tickets from the roll. Twice a 000 winner ( latest Monopoly $3M and I believe a Gold Rush $500K ). the $10M Billion Dollar Blockbuster was # 091. Coincidence or what ?

And for the record, those were NOT from machines !

James - where did you find out the ticket #'s for the top prize tickets?

also, Ive never seen a BDB go past #049...I think someone else on here mentioned bigger rolls before but I have never seen one that big. Who sells these bigger rolls?

Florida
        United States
        Member #104435
        January 14, 2011
        2244 Posts
        Posted: February 8, 2011, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

James - where did you find out the ticket #'s for the top prize tickets?

also, Ive never seen a BDB go past #049...I think someone else on here mentioned bigger rolls before but I have never seen one that big. Who sells these bigger rolls?

It was in the news with Monopoly and Gold Rush both winners said it was the last ticket ( or first ). And there is a image of the winning Monopoly ticket online somewhere forgot where I saw it.

BDB winner I read from an interview and he mentioned the ticket #.

numbergirly's avatar - 0002009C
          Dover, Delaware
          United States
          Member #26979
          November 25, 2005
          178 Posts
          Posted: February 8, 2011, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

I've Got It What a good question. I only wish we had machines in Delaware because, some retailers are such jerks therefore, I 'd prefer to use machines for everything. I know that's sounds harsh but, I'm sure some of you out there can relate to what I'm saying. I think I'll write to the lottery headquarters.Again what a good question Lightbulb Idea

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS   Ice Water 

bdsmartypants77's avatar - 8ball
            florida
            United States
            Member #74680
            May 17, 2009
            47 Posts
            Posted: February 10, 2011, 2:54 am - IP Logged

I've played enough tickets to tell you the winners could be anywhere. I usually vary my plays, found it much better to take a couple from each of the $5 and 1 from the $10's, ocassionally tempted to take a $20. I've tried taking 5 to 10 tkcts of $5 at once, and it has not been as profitable, sometimes losing more than 50%. What I do is go to different locations, if there are 5 different $5, I will take 2 of each, and 1 of the $10. On one night, I won $100 and $250 from two different $5 stacks. Recently, I took 2 of the Green Hornet from a machine and I got $500 on #53.

Two years ago, I hit $1k on a BDB on #41, almost lost my chance, I had played the last 4 or 5 with no luck, I decided to leave and come back later, hoping another player would move the deck. I came back 3 hours later and it was still on #41, I just took it, and won. Other times, I have thought to go back for the next ticket in different games, and have, to not find a winner for several more tickets. I've gotten $100's in the #30s, and in the early roll. It's all about luck, it's true there are millions of tickets printed, and many stores throughout the state that carry them. There are two Publix stores I frequent on a regular basis to buy tickets, one posted a $5k winner on "Miami Dolphins", which I had been buying regularly. The other posted a $5k winner on the $10 "100k for life" game, which I also buy. I don't beat myself up because it wasn't me. Many people play all games, someone is bound to be the lucky one. Good luck to all players!!!Lep

Jacksonville, Fl
              United States
              Member #46572
              September 14, 2006
              17 Posts
              Posted: February 20, 2011, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

I noticed you said the winner on Blockbuster was  #  091,how could that be , I seen rolls of blockbuster tickets sold and the roll never had more than 40 tickets per roll. If thats the case;
              091/30 =2,730.00
              091/20=1,820.00    I have never seen a 100 ticket roll in Florida in  any game , I usually buy at  gas  station and the quick-stop
              stores.It would be nice to verfy what you are saying ,I dont feel some of the stores I shop in will put up that kind of money  for tickets.

LOOKING FOR YOUR REPLY       THANKS

ONEDAY's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                OHIO
                United States
                Member #5328
                June 30, 2004
                1284 Posts
                Posted: February 22, 2011, 12:38 am - IP Logged

glad to see this thread is still going strong!

here in ohio i been lately getting the first few tickets on a roll and losing big time. they seem to put in new rolls on monday am after the weekend where I go, so I try to get there soon after and play the first 10 tickets or so...I been losing money doing this though.

have a great winning day!

Houston, TX
                  United States
                  Member #107821
                  March 15, 2011
                  3 Posts
                  Posted: March 28, 2011, 11:03 am - IP Logged

High traffic supermarket machines do increases your odds a little bit, let me repeat "just a little bit," due to more people scratching and paving the way to a winner.  However, as you all know, winning tickets are all location dependent, as the winners are distributed to random locations throughout the state. 

The advantages of machines are...

You don't have to deal with a clerk.
                  Some locations have a high roll turnover.
                  They are faster and more convienent to use.
                  There are no lines (most of the time).
                  They can be played 24/7 if the store is a 24 hour store.

My technique...

I use the same technique of just scratching the bar code area and scanning the ticket.  When I play I watch over the vending machine and scanner like a hawk.  I make sure there are no people behind me because I don't want some vulture running up behind me and trying to play the same roll I am playing when I am scanning the bar code.  This hasn't happened to me yet but I've heard stories about people who lurk over you and do this.  So I scratch that bar code as fast as I can and scan the sucker.

Since there are only so many winners in a pack I keep playing until a get a winner.  Once I get a winner most of the time I quit playing, cash the ticket, and walk out of the store.  However, if I get a big winner I will play again, if the next ticket is a loser I will I stop, if it's a winner I keep playing until I get a loser.  Why?  Because sometimes there are 2 or 3 winners in a row, which I have seen many times.  When I am done I scratch off the rest of the winning tickets right then and there in the store to check them with my own eyes and then cash the suckers.  I take the losers home and scratch off the rest of the tickets and check them with my own eyes just to be sure.

And I play at as many different store locations as I can.
                  Most of the time I stick with playing $20 scratchers.

My biggest win from a machine is $200 on a $20 ticket.
                  My biggest win from a convienent store is $100 on a $5 ticket.

I only play scratchers twice a month and I only started playing the lotto since the beginning of 2010.

Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #109275
                    April 9, 2011
                    1495 Posts
                    Posted: April 10, 2011, 11:53 am - IP Logged

I worked in a grocery store for 10 years. I can tell you the machine is just a way to get more tickets available. We only had room to keep about 15-20 behind the counter. This was a way to get another 20 games out to be played. I can also speak about TheGameGirls problem with the ticket cutting. It is the store who installs the tickets. I use to do it often. When you add a new ticket, you have to make sure to change how many inches between tickets that it cuts. For instance, the 100,000 Bingo is a 10 inch ticket. The Money Comb is 6 inch(I just happen to have some here to scratch). If they do not reset the length at which a ticket cuts, it will cut in the middle. The good news is that it is also the stores responsibility of changing the dollar amounts also. I have been to machines that have $5 tickets, but the machine was still programmed at $2.  Needless to say I bought a good amount of them.. Something to pay attention to while playing machines. you could get a good deal. Also the cutting thing. Say Bingo is 10inch and another game is 5inch. Well if they replace bingo with a 5inch game and you buy one ticket, it will cut after 2 if they don't reset. I think in alot of ways the machines can be better(if you get someone in a hurry or inexperienced filling them)

grandmadec's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg
                      Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #29819
                      January 7, 2006
                      1243 Posts
                      Posted: April 10, 2011, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

Can anyone tell me what numbers thay have been winning on with the Black Pearls and the dollar amounts and any other tickets you have been successful with.  Thanks.  Also do you pay attention to the white lines?

Port st lucie, FL
                        United States
                        Member #110275
                        April 29, 2011
                        34 Posts
                        Posted: May 15, 2011, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

I often wonder if anyone has ever bought from an istant machine and got a bigger dollar ticket instead. Like buying a $5 20X the cash but it spitting out a $20 BDB. Im sure theres bound to be that kinda mistake with these machines.

Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #109275
                          April 9, 2011
                          1495 Posts
                          Posted: May 15, 2011, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

I often wonder if anyone has ever bought from an istant machine and got a bigger dollar ticket instead. Like buying a $5 20X the cash but it spitting out a $20 BDB. Im sure theres bound to be that kinda mistake with these machines.

I personally only ever saw ticket amounts being wrong like a $5 ticket only charging $2. Thats what I mentioned before about human error. I certainly pay attention and will take advantage of it if I see it.  I prefer machines, but the place I frequent is a really nice couple, so I like to interact with them.

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #104435
                            January 14, 2011
                            2244 Posts
                            Posted: May 15, 2011, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

I have bought $5 Black Pearls only for the machine to spit out $5 Monopoly. 

Also one time I clicked on $20 Monopoly and Gold Rush came out. 

Since I never give away any ticket that ive held i played both of them. but i think i lost on both.

Best little surprise to happen to me, well about 3-4 times now, is paying for a $20 scratch off with $100 dollar bill and getting $110 back, a $50 mixed in with 3 $20s. I wasnt going to say anything either because I was cheated by that store once so it evened out.

Couple months ago I cashed about $360 of winners and wanted a $600 roll. I had the rest of the money ready and also bought some lotto tickets. It was only till I got home that I realized I was only charged $500 for the roll. Because I handed $200 over and got the roll AND $40 worth of lotto.

Toledo, Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #111029
                              May 17, 2011
                              8 Posts
                              Posted: May 20, 2011, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

Right Holee.... no cash payouts, but a pop-up box tells you this if you double scan!   Local food chain uses them near me....but I like to know what # ticket i'm playing....so the first buy is a random chance----but aren't they all :-)