Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you have to appear on either Oprah or The Lottery Changed My Life...

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 6 years ago by drhymes74.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Would you still want to win the lottery??

Yes [ 49 ]  [92.45%]
No [ 4 ]  [7.55%]
Total Valid Votes [ 53 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
OwlCreekBridge's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
lottoville
United States
Member #95474
August 11, 2010
132 Posts
Posted: August 16, 2010, 9:03 am - IP Logged

Good qoute! I'm all for cutting the strings (legally of course) and telling them to get bent!  There is a way to do this and there are people living in the good ole US of A who drive without a license, do not pay taxes and have thier own special notice on the local Sheriff's tackboard to "not detain under any circumstance" you just have to learn the legal language and history thereof to beat them at thier own game. Sorry to get political, I LOVE THE LOTTERY! (there, all betterWink)

no problem. good luck, hope you win someday soonHurray!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10344 Posts
    Posted: August 16, 2010, 10:35 am - IP Logged

lotto winner

Here's the woman I wrote about earlier, the caption says she's the "Partnership Representative" but we all know she's the winner. This is a textbook case on how to claim your prize in a state that requires winners to show up to a press conference, with your lawyer and in a disguise. Luckily my state doesn't require winners to have a press conference.

OwlCreekBridge,

It was Illinois (that's the logo in the pic). She is a pharmacist and said that if people knew it was her that had won Mega Millions she knew she'd get one malpractice suit after another thrown at her, so she hired professional make up people to disguise her.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: August 16, 2010, 11:09 am - IP Logged

I got a long list of shows for you to appear on if thats the case, Lets start with the view and head over to Keith ollbermann etc....

I'd love to go on The View but only if I got to sit with Elisabeth Hasselbeck (she could sit on my lap if she wanted). We could just gaze longingly into each other's eyes as we spoke each other's unspoken language - fluently, I'm sure. Those cows on the couch could go out and graze until Elisabeth and I were through doing the show.

The only way I'd appear with Olbermann would be if it was a Celebrity Boxing or Ultimate Fighting type thing.BoxingBashHit With StickChair I honestly can't stand looking at that slimy, lying weasel. He's on the cover of Townhall magazine (World's Worst Person) this month and I told my wife to keep it with the front cover down on the coffee table so I don't have to see him every time I go by. Something about him makes me nauseous and I'm not kidding.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

lottoville
        United States
        Member #95474
        August 11, 2010
        132 Posts
        Posted: August 16, 2010, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

OwlCreekBridge,

It was Illinois (that's the logo in the pic). She is a pharmacist and said that if people knew it was her that had won Mega Millions she knew she'd get one malpractice suit after another thrown at her, so she hired professional make up people to disguise her.

If she wasn't a pharmacist anon is still the way to go.  Even someone like a pizza delivery guy ought to collect his prize anonymously. Think of all the people he brought pizzas to who would sue him for getting heart disease or something. Sounds frivolous but they'd probably hope to get some out of court settlement.

Getting your face and name on tv for winning the lotto won't bring anything but headaches and trouble.

United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10344 Posts
          Posted: August 16, 2010, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

If she wasn't a pharmacist anon is still the way to go.  Even someone like a pizza delivery guy ought to collect his prize anonymously. Think of all the people he brought pizzas to who would sue him for getting heart disease or something. Sounds frivolous but they'd probably hope to get some out of court settlement.

Getting your face and name on tv for winning the lotto won't bring anything but headaches and trouble.

OwlCreekBridge,

I could not agree more. See ths last part of my sig.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

WINWINQ$'s avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
            durham, north carolina
            United States
            Member #95642
            August 14, 2010
            4 Posts
            Posted: August 16, 2010, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

OwlCreekBridge,

I could not agree more. See ths last part of my sig.

LurkingYou raise a very good question ...and make an even better point.  Anny is the best way

to go.... to avoid being a target from criminals and for begging friends and begging family members that

would certainly bombard you constantly.... if you didn't take precautions.   I like the idea one poster stated

which was the winner paid a professional make up artist to change the identity. 

THE BEST SUGGESTION:  Is to hire an attorney firm which would act as your legal representative

to pick up the Big Check to begin with... that way nobody would know.  And of course you could always say

you got a small inheritance or something to cover... and just spend bit by bit.  I like that idea better.

LurkingDaily ... I Visualize the Prize, shortly it will Materialize=$$MEGA MILLIONS for ME NOW!

The LIGHT from only One candle erases a sea of darkness- SHINE! 

WINWINQ$'s avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
              durham, north carolina
              United States
              Member #95642
              August 14, 2010
              4 Posts
              Posted: August 16, 2010, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

OwlCreekBridge,

Great idea... to get a professional to totally disguise yourself.... or hire a legal firm to pick up the BIG CHECK on check DAY!!! LOPartyLOLO!!! 

LurkingDaily ... I Visualize the Prize, shortly it will Materialize=$$MEGA MILLIONS for ME NOW!

The LIGHT from only One candle erases a sea of darkness- SHINE! 

United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10344 Posts
                Posted: August 16, 2010, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

I've posted this before, the first few times as a joke, but perhaps it's time for something like The Lottery Winner Protection Program. (Like the Witness Protection Program, but for jackpot winners).

The winners themself don't even go to a press conference, people from "the program" do. They also handle all corresspondence, the inevitable solicitations, everything.

Just a thought.

If I won a jackpot and had to go on Oprah I'd get some of those professional make up people and go on as Dr. Zaius from Planet of the Apes!

Scared

Lep

Honduras
                  Member #20982
                  August 29, 2005
                  4715 Posts
                  Posted: August 16, 2010, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

Assuming you won millions like $20 Million or $40 Million....Take, $300,000 which is nothing place it in the bank earning interests for: 8 years...I dont know how much the interests will be but something like: $1,400 per month...And give it to every lunatic who comes asking you for $20 or $40 bucks....

$1,400 divided by $100 every 2 days equals: 30 days enough for the next month....

after 8 years you tell them, look i dont have any more money i spent it all or by them you will have gotten more money from investing your millions and move away or afford to keep the: $300,000 in the bank for longer...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

United States
                    Member #85338
                    January 13, 2010
                    143 Posts
                    Posted: August 16, 2010, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

There seems to be some kind of animosity between Oprah and Howard Stern.....

I would go on Oprah dressed like Stern and claim that Baba Booey helped me win the lottery.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                      Ringleader
                      Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #81740
                      October 28, 2009
                      40250 Posts
                      Posted: August 17, 2010, 7:57 am - IP Logged

Green laughLMAO Ridge your to funny, put keith in the bottom of a bird cage.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
                        Member #85338
                        January 13, 2010
                        143 Posts
                        Posted: August 17, 2010, 11:02 am - IP Logged

Assuming you won millions like $20 Million or $40 Million....Take, $300,000 which is nothing place it in the bank earning interests for: 8 years...I dont know how much the interests will be but something like: $1,400 per month...And give it to every lunatic who comes asking you for $20 or $40 bucks....

$1,400 divided by $100 every 2 days equals: 30 days enough for the next month....

after 8 years you tell them, look i dont have any more money i spent it all or by them you will have gotten more money from investing your millions and move away or afford to keep the: $300,000 in the bank for longer...

I wouldn't waste time putting $300,000 in the bank to earn $1400 or any amount per month and give it away to every lunatic.  That interest is taxable, if I'm going to give it away to anybody, it will be an attorney to help me safe guard it, an accountant to make sure I am ok with tax liability and to charities that are truly worthy of a donation..There are some people that may have a sick child that you see on the news, I would make an anonymous donation.  I will also give money back to my parents (let them have a comfortable retirement), also give $$ to 4 of my 6 living uncles, my grandfather and my brother and his family....that's it.  The rest is for me to take care of my sons. 

While I may have won $20-$40 mil, $300,000 is not a drop in the bucket to me.

Somebody wants $20 or $40 bucks, too %^$%&^%*& bad!! If they are not a 501(c)3 entity that is not my problem....

This may seem harsh, but leeches need not come out of the wood work.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #92330
                          June 5, 2010
                          887 Posts
                          Posted: August 17, 2010, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

If I was guaranteed to win the Mega Millions tonight as long as I went on those shows, heck yea I'd agree to that. Even if I had to go on dressed as I normally do and not act crazy I would still do it.

Sure staying anonymous would be nice but having people know you won isn't the end of the world. After I would go on Oprah or whatever I would go back to living. It's not like they would publish my phone number and address so I would still have that hidden (as an unlisted phone number and address). Sure people could really find it if they wanted to but there'd be people doing that anyways (same with changing your names, PI's make money for a reason). I would be living in a very nice neighborhood so I wouldn't be too worried about crime and I already have a gun and a CHL (concealed handgun license), so a secured house with an alarm coupled with that isn't too frightening, plus I'd imagine an alarm would scare away most people (for some reason I highly doubt trained professionals would be trying to come after me when there are richer people out there).

I really think people blow the whole 'people coming after lotto winners' a bit too harsh. Of the big winners that collected public there's only like one or two that had bad stuff happen. The only reason I would collect anonymously to begin with (through a blind trust) is to keep people from thinking of me differently when they meet me, not because I'm worried for my safety. Now, off to buy tonights tickets and see if I have to deal with the "trouble" of winning millions.

lottoville
                            United States
                            Member #95474
                            August 11, 2010
                            132 Posts
                            Posted: August 17, 2010, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

So pretty much everyone say they will do whatever it takes to stay anonymous if they win the lottery. But what if you can't stay anonymous? Let say if you win the lottery, you will have to appear on Oprah or The Lottery Changed My Life. Would you still want to win the lottery? What will you do after appearing on TV to make sure you don't get bothered or become a "target".

I would imagine the best thing to do is to change your name and move somewhere where nobody knows who you are.

sounds like the lotto commission made an offer to rig the lotto for you but in exchange you have to be a media darling. if you say, "no" send them my way.

victorl3ichiban's avatar - georgemichael
                              san jose
                              United States
                              Member #53761
                              July 20, 2007
                              277 Posts
                              Posted: August 17, 2010, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

yes i would love to be on the show if i were to win the mega million or lotto