Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 11:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How would you get to the Lotto office?

Topic closed. 47 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Daveyl.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
jevola's avatar - dcrn89l
Louisville, KY
United States
Member #87150
February 18, 2010
157 Posts
Posted: September 20, 2010, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

I would get on my mountain bike and blow it out all the way to the lottery office. Then I would come back home and tell my baby we have a little extra cash lets get something to eat. After dinner I would let her know that we have more than a little extra cash then head to the store and play my $5.00 pick 3 for the evening then try and catch a game on TV. It's all good and life is a dance..........

"I'm not spoiled, just living in the manner in which I am accustom to. "

Jevola

cheryl59's avatar - center
    Va Beach
    United States
    Member #46651
    September 20, 2006
    1865 Posts
    Posted: September 20, 2010, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

you just won the lotto. you have to go to the lotto office to get the winning ticket authenticated so you can collect your millions.

How would you get there? Would you drive yourself in your car or would you take a limo or taxi?

I would take a taxi. The lotto office is only about a half hour drive from my house but I'd probably be too excited or nervous to drive myself. Also my local lotto office is in a busy part of downtown and if we got into a fender bender on the way over to the office, it would be the cab driver's fault not mine.

What about you? How would you get to the lotto office?

The largest stretch limo (that can be rented of course!) I can find!   will need all that money to carry my big ole' fat check in :) 

CHERYL59Hippy

01-02-03-04-05

My Ultimate Pet numbers

United States
      Member #61232
      May 16, 2008
      126 Posts
      Posted: September 20, 2010, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

An LLC is a form of incorporating! If I already owned a business of some sort then it would be the way to go! I don't plan to operate a business, so to use an LLC to claim the jackpot is a bad idea! Good try though!

The LLC doesn't necessarily have to be ran like a business.  I own a LLC, it only has 1 asset and no customers.  I just file the taxes.  Pretty simple really.  Both LLC's and Trusts have their pros and cons, I'm sure you'll make yourself aware of them if you win.  

Good luck to us all.  Smile

OwlCreekBridge's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
        lottoville
        United States
        Member #95474
        August 11, 2010
        132 Posts
        Posted: September 20, 2010, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

The largest stretch limo (that can be rented of course!) I can find!   will need all that money to carry my big ole' fat check in :) 

this is not the most discreet way to pick up your millions but I guess not everyone cares about keeping a low profile

New York,
          Panama
          Member #73078
          April 4, 2009
          3490 Posts
          Posted: September 21, 2010, 6:05 am - IP Logged

I would get on my mountain bike and blow it out all the way to the lottery office. Then I would come back home and tell my baby we have a little extra cash lets get something to eat. After dinner I would let her know that we have more than a little extra cash then head to the store and play my $5.00 pick 3 for the evening then try and catch a game on TV. It's all good and life is a dance..........

CoolCoolCheers

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Sacramento, CA
            United States
            Member #96354
            August 28, 2010
            159 Posts
            Posted: September 21, 2010, 6:30 am - IP Logged

Right turn on Northgate, right turn on SR160, right turn on Richards Boulevard, and a right turn on N. 10th street. Then a left into the parking lot.

North Carolina
              United States
              Member #64839
              September 9, 2008
              1133 Posts
              Posted: September 21, 2010, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

Take the train to the city where the headquarters is, then catch a cab to where the office is. The return trip home would be the reverse.

"All great achievements require time."

-Maya Angelou-

Colt45ML's avatar - 4eyes
                Jawja
                United States
                Member #87469
                February 25, 2010
                109 Posts
                Posted: September 23, 2010, 1:23 am - IP Logged

Here in my state you can call the lottery office and they will send a car to your house with security and the whole nine yards to pick you up and drive you to turn in your ticket.  You can even turn it in at any of about 10 or so lottery offices around the state.  This is true even for the jackpot games like mega and powerball.  Myself, I think I would want to claim someplace like Savannah or Columbus instead of the A-T-L.  The big lottery office is right in the belly of the beast in 5 Points in a building that contains only the lotto office......NOT good!!

Someone else brought up claiming the money with an LLC instead of a trust; well, I have heard that in Georgia you can ONLY use an LLC if you want to claim annonomusly.  Don't know for certain if it's true, but in any case LLC does indeed have its advantages, especially as to being able to keep direct control over your assets during the claims process.  The main drawback  is that it is somewhat easier than a trust for a determined person (like slimy little tort lawyers) to find out the identity of the owner of the LLC.

Be sassy and be happy.

NY
                  United States
                  Member #23835
                  October 16, 2005
                  3502 Posts
                  Posted: September 23, 2010, 2:44 am - IP Logged

I'll probably go in my flying car. Odds are they'll be cheap enough by the time I win a jackpot.

OwlCreekBridge's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                    lottoville
                    United States
                    Member #95474
                    August 11, 2010
                    132 Posts
                    Posted: September 23, 2010, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

I'll probably go in my flying car. Odds are they'll be cheap enough by the time I win a jackpot.

According to Back to the Future II flying cars will be widely available in less than 5 years.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                      Texas
                      United States
                      Member #92330
                      June 5, 2010
                      887 Posts
                      Posted: September 23, 2010, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

According to Back to the Future II flying cars will be widely available in less than 5 years.

I was thinking III was about the future and III was the old west. But thinking about it more the whole "It's your children Marty, we have to do something about your children" line comes to mind at the end of I.

stripesnsolids's avatar - box
                        GA
                        United States
                        Member #97845
                        September 25, 2010
                        40 Posts
                        Posted: September 25, 2010, 9:43 am - IP Logged

Here in my state you can call the lottery office and they will send a car to your house with security and the whole nine yards to pick you up and drive you to turn in your ticket.  You can even turn it in at any of about 10 or so lottery offices around the state.  This is true even for the jackpot games like mega and powerball.  Myself, I think I would want to claim someplace like Savannah or Columbus instead of the A-T-L.  The big lottery office is right in the belly of the beast in 5 Points in a building that contains only the lotto office......NOT good!!

Someone else brought up claiming the money with an LLC instead of a trust; well, I have heard that in Georgia you can ONLY use an LLC if you want to claim annonomusly.  Don't know for certain if it's true, but in any case LLC does indeed have its advantages, especially as to being able to keep direct control over your assets during the claims process.  The main drawback  is that it is somewhat easier than a trust for a determined person (like slimy little tort lawyers) to find out the identity of the owner of the LLC.

The building that the Lottery HQ is in has other companies in it.  Also GA doesn't allow you to claim anonymously.  If you claimed as an LLC all someone would have to do is go to the Secretary of State's website and put in the LLC name and the names, address, etc that are associated with the LLC come up.

buttercake's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United Kingdom
                          Member #70550
                          February 5, 2009
                          120 Posts
                          Posted: September 26, 2010, 10:45 am - IP Logged

I would actually drive myself there with my kids in tow

United States
                            Member #81843
                            October 31, 2009
                            856 Posts
                            Posted: September 27, 2010, 1:23 am - IP Logged

On my lips, the same way I get home from the tavern.

DD

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: September 27, 2010, 1:46 am - IP Logged

On my lips, the same way I get home from the tavern.

DD

LOL, sounds like the tavern just closed.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke