Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 3:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Winning at NY Take 5

Topic closed. 895 replies. Last post 5 years ago by trap574.

Page 28 of 60
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3820 Posts
Posted: April 10, 2011, 2:58 am - IP Logged

Usually a number or numbers repeat from the night before, I am wondering what numbers will repeat from last night...  Maybe the 1 and 35, also I notice that back to back numbers have been coming, those are the ones that is hard to get, it is very frustrating, becuase as you know I am a Professional Take 5 player, LOL.  I pick something like 16 and they draw 14 and 15, or I pick 7 and they draw 5 and 6, LOL. 

Here is my super duper strategy, I am going to (drum roll) GUESS the 2 consecutive numbers that will come tonight and chose one of the numbers from last night and BOOM I will win 3 (hopefully 4) out of 5.

"I notice that back to back numbers have been coming, those are the ones that is hard to get, it is very frustrating"

You got that right Rex.  Last night a triple sequential was drawn. (8, 9, & 10)

I've read that sequential numbers, (a better term might be consecutive) are drawn 20% of the time. Lately, I'd say 20% is low.  For what ever reason (and I'm sure it isnt a good one) I dont pick sequential numbers when I'm picking my numbers.  I just dont do it.

So OK, let's say I'm picking my numbers for tonite's drawing. I notice it's been 5 or 6 days since a pair of sequentials has come out, and I decide I'm gonna play a set of consecutive numbers.  I like 24 so I pick it. But now here's the problem: Should I pick the 23 or the 25????  Even then, if the 24 is a losing pick, and doesnt show, if I picked the 25 to go with it, maybe I get lucky, and it comes out. Or maybe it doesnt. Or maybe a triple sequntial appears, like last night, and I didnt even consider the possibility of that happening! Frustrating aint the word!

I hope all these sequential numbers disappear soon.  I'm getting tired of that crap.  GF

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3820 Posts
    Posted: April 11, 2011, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

That 19 has gone stone cold and I like it for tonite!

4 12 19 23 30

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
      Member #94616
      July 24, 2010
      4735 Posts
      Posted: April 11, 2011, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

"I notice that back to back numbers have been coming, those are the ones that is hard to get, it is very frustrating"

You got that right Rex.  Last night a triple sequential was drawn. (8, 9, & 10)

I've read that sequential numbers, (a better term might be consecutive) are drawn 20% of the time. Lately, I'd say 20% is low.  For what ever reason (and I'm sure it isnt a good one) I dont pick sequential numbers when I'm picking my numbers.  I just dont do it.

So OK, let's say I'm picking my numbers for tonite's drawing. I notice it's been 5 or 6 days since a pair of sequentials has come out, and I decide I'm gonna play a set of consecutive numbers.  I like 24 so I pick it. But now here's the problem: Should I pick the 23 or the 25????  Even then, if the 24 is a losing pick, and doesnt show, if I picked the 25 to go with it, maybe I get lucky, and it comes out. Or maybe it doesnt. Or maybe a triple sequntial appears, like last night, and I didnt even consider the possibility of that happening! Frustrating aint the word!

I hope all these sequential numbers disappear soon.  I'm getting tired of that crap.  GF

Funny you mention the 24 as I got a FP from a hit on Sat - 1 15 21 24 36

but no consecutive numbers...

United States
        Member #94616
        July 24, 2010
        4735 Posts
        Posted: April 12, 2011, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

*6* people won the jackpot last night, getting $12,922.50!! only one was a FP, guess alot of people like that combination.

I was able to hit a FP - 1 8 15 34 39

NY State
          United States
          Member #92609
          June 10, 2010
          3820 Posts
          Posted: April 13, 2011, 5:55 am - IP Logged

*6* people won the jackpot last night, getting $12,922.50!! only one was a FP, guess alot of people like that combination.

I was able to hit a FP - 1 8 15 34 39

The numbers were what I call "Birthday Numbers"

Many people play their birthday, that's why six people won.  (Or they play their kids ages etc)

$12,922.50 minus the taxes, so they probably netted around $8,900 each.

United States
            Member #70687
            February 8, 2009
            8016 Posts
            Posted: April 14, 2011, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

04/14 Results: 22, 23, 30, 31, 34 (Drawn as 22, 30, 31, 23, 34)

Congratulations to any & all winners.

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3820 Posts
              Posted: April 17, 2011, 6:20 am - IP Logged

Last nites numbers; 8 12 27 30 36

They look kind of normal/typical, dont they?

Well, if ya put 'em under the microscope, you'll see they're not normal/typical at all.

1 odd, 4 even.  There are only 77,520 combinations out of a possible 575,757 combo's that can be 1 odd, 4 even. Compare that to 3 odd, 2 even, which has 194, 940 possible combinations.  So picking 3 odd,  2 even is always a good way to go. Except last nite.

There are 7 different digits in the set. (0,1,2,3,6,7, & 8)   That's a lot of individual digits. Usually there are 5 or 6 digits in each set of number that are drawn. Picking 6 individual digits is a smart way to go.  Except for last nite.

The distribution of the numbers in "groups" is 2 - 0 - 3.  (The three Groups are 1 -13, 14 - 26, & 27 - 39)  There are only 22,308 possible combinations with that distribution.  The best group distributions are 1-2-2,  2-2-1, or 2-1-2.  Each of those group distribtions have 79,092 possible combinations.  Picking a group distribution of 2-1-2 is always a smart thing to do.  Except it would haven't done you any good last nite. 

But!  Somebody in Erie County is $80,500 richer after last nite.  They did it with a QP.  It had to be a QP, nobody that picks their own numbers (like me) would ever pick 'em like they came out.  Not based upon the above criteria, which is what I use to pick 'em. I shoulda ditched that criteria and bought me a QP!

NY State
                United States
                Member #92609
                June 10, 2010
                3820 Posts
                Posted: April 17, 2011, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

I ended up buying the Take5 promo today.  But it really isnt any good.

I went to the store and cashed in a bunch of empty bottles.  I got 5 bucks back from the bottles, so I decided I'd put another 5 bucks with my 5 bucks from the bottles, and buy the Take5 promo.  I filled out two play slips and handed them to the clerk.  She then says, "If you want the Take5 promotion, you have to buy $10 on one ticket, not two."   Now, I'd much prefered to have played 10 lines tonite, plus my 3 free lines, but noooooooooooooooo, I gotta buy two nites on one five dollar play slip.  So I take back the play slips, color in the box for two drawings on one of the play slips, and give it back to the clerk.  She reads it in the machine, it spits out a five line two nite ticket, ($10) and one free ticket for tonight with 3 lines on it.

The the numbers on the three free lines STINK:

11 14 15 21 24

8 12 15 17 36

4 7 23 33 34

United States
                  Member #94616
                  July 24, 2010
                  4735 Posts
                  Posted: April 17, 2011, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

I ended up buying the Take5 promo today.  But it really isnt any good.

I went to the store and cashed in a bunch of empty bottles.  I got 5 bucks back from the bottles, so I decided I'd put another 5 bucks with my 5 bucks from the bottles, and buy the Take5 promo.  I filled out two play slips and handed them to the clerk.  She then says, "If you want the Take5 promotion, you have to buy $10 on one ticket, not two."   Now, I'd much prefered to have played 10 lines tonite, plus my 3 free lines, but noooooooooooooooo, I gotta buy two nites on one five dollar play slip.  So I take back the play slips, color in the box for two drawings on one of the play slips, and give it back to the clerk.  She reads it in the machine, it spits out a five line two nite ticket, ($10) and one free ticket for tonight with 3 lines on it.

The the numbers on the three free lines STINK:

11 14 15 21 24

8 12 15 17 36

4 7 23 33 34

Yea $10 in tickets is LOT to get free plays.  Never thought of spreading it out over 2 nites on one ticket, good idea!

But check out my FP for tonight and tell me if this is WORSE

18 22 33 34 35

none of yours have 3 in a row!!!  Frown

NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3820 Posts
                    Posted: April 18, 2011, 6:58 am - IP Logged

Yea $10 in tickets is LOT to get free plays.  Never thought of spreading it out over 2 nites on one ticket, good idea!

But check out my FP for tonight and tell me if this is WORSE

18 22 33 34 35

none of yours have 3 in a row!!!  Frown

No doubt about it Kap, that's definitely one butt ugly QP ya got there!

I buy QP's on occasion, but I always hate the numbers when I look at 'em.  I even got a QP with 4 in a row once. 

I hit two free plays last nite, but not with those idiot FP's I got for buyin the promo.  I did it with my own pix.

I played 19 on two lines, and it came home last nite.  19 was out for almost 50 days.  I missed having three numbers on one of my lines by one.  I hate "one-offs" too.

I had: 5 9 11 19 32.  Had that 32 been a 33......

United States
                      Member #94616
                      July 24, 2010
                      4735 Posts
                      Posted: April 19, 2011, 4:47 am - IP Logged

No doubt about it Kap, that's definitely one butt ugly QP ya got there!

I buy QP's on occasion, but I always hate the numbers when I look at 'em.  I even got a QP with 4 in a row once. 

I hit two free plays last nite, but not with those idiot FP's I got for buyin the promo.  I did it with my own pix.

I played 19 on two lines, and it came home last nite.  19 was out for almost 50 days.  I missed having three numbers on one of my lines by one.  I hate "one-offs" too.

I had: 5 9 11 19 32.  Had that 32 been a 33......

Yea best I seem to be able to do latey is a Free Play.. got one from last night hit the 5 & 8

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
                        Watervliet, New York
                        United States
                        Member #1100
                        February 2, 2003
                        3214 Posts
                        Posted: April 19, 2011, 6:33 am - IP Logged

Yea best I seem to be able to do latey is a Free Play.. got one from last night hit the 5 & 8

G5& Kapla,

Check out payout locations last night , been seeing this occasionally all winners at the same store. hmmmmmmm

MINK

April
                        18, 2011 Take Five Winning Numbers: 05-08-22-23-34 Take Five Drawing - 4 Top
                        Prize Winner(s) of $19,346.50 top prize

Prize LevelNumbers MatchedPrize AmountNo.of Winners
                        First5 of 5$19,346.504
                        Winning Counties: SUFFOLK , ROCKLAND (QP), SUFFOLK , SUFFOLK ,
                        Retailer Locations:
                        • AMOCO (BP) , 444 COMMACK RD , COMMACK
                        • DAVID'S MONEY CENTERS , 59 ROUTE 9W SOUTH , WEST
                          HAVERSTRAW
                        Second4 of 5$232.00500
                        Third3 of 5$19.0010101
                        Fourth2 of 5FREE PLAY *107764

*Free Plays are "Quick Pick"
                        tickets, good for a subsequent TAKE FIVE drawing. Free Play tickets can be
                        claimed at any retail location.

Total cash winners: 10605

"Bet with your head..... not over it!" 

NY State
                          United States
                          Member #92609
                          June 10, 2010
                          3820 Posts
                          Posted: April 19, 2011, 6:45 am - IP Logged

G5& Kapla,

Check out payout locations last night , been seeing this occasionally all winners at the same store. hmmmmmmm

MINK

April
                          18, 2011 Take Five Winning Numbers: 05-08-22-23-34 Take Five Drawing - 4 Top
                          Prize Winner(s) of $19,346.50 top prize

Prize LevelNumbers MatchedPrize AmountNo.of Winners
                          First5 of 5$19,346.504
                          Winning Counties: SUFFOLK , ROCKLAND (QP), SUFFOLK , SUFFOLK ,
                          Retailer Locations:
                          • DAVID'S MONEY CENTERS , 59 ROUTE 9W SOUTH , WEST
                            HAVERSTRAW
                          Second4 of 5$232.00500
                          Third3 of 5$19.0010101
                          Fourth2 of 5FREE PLAY *107764

*Free Plays are "Quick Pick"
                          tickets, good for a subsequent TAKE FIVE drawing. Free Play tickets can be
                          claimed at any retail location.

Total cash winners: 10605

Yeah, I just saw that myself Mink.

I was gonna post the same thing, you beat me to it by about 10 minutes!  As a matter of fact, you're still online as I type this!

What do you figure is up with that????  Somebody somewhere is real smart.  They basically won almost $60,000 of an $80,000 JP.  The other person that won took it on the chin.  Had the person on Long Island not played three lines of the winning numbers, the person in Rockland County would have won almost $40,000 instead of $19,346.

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
                            Watervliet, New York
                            United States
                            Member #1100
                            February 2, 2003
                            3214 Posts
                            Posted: April 19, 2011, 7:06 am - IP Logged

Yeah, I just saw that myself Mink.

I was gonna post the same thing, you beat me to it by about 10 minutes!  As a matter of fact, you're still online as I type this!

What do you figure is up with that????  Somebody somewhere is real smart.  They basically won almost $60,000 of an $80,000 JP.  The other person that won took it on the chin.  Had the person on Long Island not played three lines of the winning numbers, the person in Rockland County would have won almost $40,000 instead of $19,346.

G5,

My take on this is the players down there were definitely using a wheeling system due to the fact the 2nd prize had 500 winners so to me it looks like they cleaned house period.  There are usually about half that amount of 2nd prize winners day to day, these numbers were spread out and not all calendar days so to speak.  Whoever hit are smart and picked the right numbers to wheel.. pretty much it .... congrats to those who won last night.  Off to work!

MINK

"Bet with your head..... not over it!" 

NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3820 Posts
                              Posted: April 19, 2011, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

G5,

My take on this is the players down there were definitely using a wheeling system due to the fact the 2nd prize had 500 winners so to me it looks like they cleaned house period.  There are usually about half that amount of 2nd prize winners day to day, these numbers were spread out and not all calendar days so to speak.  Whoever hit are smart and picked the right numbers to wheel.. pretty much it .... congrats to those who won last night.  Off to work!

MINK

Mink,  I think you're right on about who ever won using a wheel.

The only thing I dont get is why did their wheel produce 3 sets of the same 5 numbers?   It would seem to me that a wheel would produce the same set of 5 numbers only once.  But then, I dont know anything about using a wheel, I just know what wheels are and how they work.  I've never played any lines/numbers generated by a wheel.  GF

Page 28 of 60