Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you won 200,000 would you still go shopping?

Topic closed. 48 replies. Last post 6 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Norfolk,VA
United States
Member #83225
December 2, 2009
757 Posts
Posted: November 16, 2010, 2:30 am - IP Logged

Watch out where you go shopping, buddy.

A lot of stores carry a lot of that junk they make in China that doesn't work and falls apart right away.

Always check the label. If it says Made in China, you know for sure it's junk.

No need to thank me, I'm just glad I caught you before you bought any of that horrendous crap they make over there.

We should be boycotting them anyway until they get out of Tibet and let the Dalai Lama come home.

Bastages.

lol...... i would spend just a little and invest the rest or put it into a CD or sumthin...

''YOU CAN PAY FOR SCHOOL BUT, YOU CAN'T BUY CLASS''Thumbs Up

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
    Texas
    United States
    Member #92330
    June 5, 2010
    887 Posts
    Posted: November 16, 2010, 3:35 am - IP Logged

If shopping is paying off student loans, then yes.

With $200,000 I wouldn't really go out and splurge on stuff since it's really not that much, especially considering the amount that would go to the tax man (unless the $200,000 is after all that stuff, in which case it still isn't an extremely large amount of money).

Norfolk,VA
      United States
      Member #83225
      December 2, 2009
      757 Posts
      Posted: November 16, 2010, 3:54 am - IP Logged

If shopping is paying off student loans, then yes.

With $200,000 I wouldn't really go out and splurge on stuff since it's really not that much, especially considering the amount that would go to the tax man (unless the $200,000 is after all that stuff, in which case it still isn't an extremely large amount of money).

oh you won't have to worry about paying your student loans.....your state lottery will make sure you do before you get your cut of the money.........

''YOU CAN PAY FOR SCHOOL BUT, YOU CAN'T BUY CLASS''Thumbs Up

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
        Member #59354
        March 13, 2008
        3986 Posts
        Posted: November 16, 2010, 5:08 am - IP Logged

$200,000.00.  Hmmmm.  That's  $136,000.00 after taxes here in MO.  I would ride every roller coster

in the US and maybe overseas.  Next I would finish my time machine then I would do a little work on

my UFO.  Next I would launch my unmanned treasure hunting submersible in the gulf.  I would then

go Bigfoot hunting down Ridges way.  I would buy the boss a couple hundred pairs of shoes to keep

her occupied while I was away.  I would then build my cat a monster cat-tree with ramps that went

all through the house.  Take a trip to the keys and maybe write a book or two.  Fly down to philly and

have me a couple cheese stakes then up to NY for some pizza.  Make a couple runs in a top fuler and

ride a barrel off niagara falls.  Stoe away on the shuttle and visit the space station. 

Day 2..... 

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: November 16, 2010, 5:18 am - IP Logged

$200,000.00.  Hmmmm.  That's  $136,000.00 after taxes here in MO.  I would ride every roller coster

in the US and maybe overseas.  Next I would finish my time machine then I would do a little work on

my UFO.  Next I would launch my unmanned treasure hunting submersible in the gulf.  I would then

go Bigfoot hunting down Ridges way.  I would buy the boss a couple hundred pairs of shoes to keep

her occupied while I was away.  I would then build my cat a monster cat-tree with ramps that went

all through the house.  Take a trip to the keys and maybe write a book or two.  Fly down to philly and

have me a couple cheese stakes then up to NY for some pizza.  Make a couple runs in a top fuler and

ride a barrel off niagara falls.  Stoe away on the shuttle and visit the space station. 

Day 2..... 

RL

Not bad except for Philly in my opinion.

I had wanted to go there for a Cheesesteak until I saw a documentary about those 2 places and found out the cheese they use is Cheez-Whiz.

I have to go now, I just threw up a little in my mouth.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
            Member #59354
            March 13, 2008
            3986 Posts
            Posted: November 16, 2010, 5:55 am - IP Logged

Ride a sled down the steps of the temple at Pic-chichen-itza, climb the great pyramid at giza, push the

leaning tower of pisa the rest of the way over.   Visit the Eagles nest and take a dumb on the floor.

Climb Mount Everest and hang glide  off the top.  Visit the grave sites of William Powell and Merna Loy.

Eat a very good snow cone and kill a couple clowns.   Buy the wife a ticket to willie wonka's chocolate

factory.   See how many M&M's it would take to fill my bathtub.  Jump off my roof with a unbrella to see

if it really works.  Go body surfing at pensacola to see if the pensa-oil makes it harder to ride the waves. 

Launch a couple model rockets and sneek into area 51.  And then write a book about how I won the 

lottery and charge 40 bucks a e-copy.   

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40611 Posts
              Posted: November 16, 2010, 11:14 am - IP Logged

First I would go to lunch , then I would go shopping.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
                Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #58835
                February 27, 2008
                148 Posts
                Posted: November 16, 2010, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

I think the only thing I would buy right now if I won $200K is a nice used minivan for myself, since my SUV just got repossessed. Other than that, I would put the rest on my mortgage and maybe a little for a nice vacation.

Baton Rouge, LA
                  United States
                  Member #4602
                  May 7, 2004
                  699 Posts
                  Posted: November 17, 2010, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

In Louisiana, I'd get $140,000 after tax.  The first thing I'd do is pay off my mortgage and buy my wife a new car.  My car is only a year old that is already paid for, mainly because I was able to put almost 50% down on a new car because I got paid for my car being totaled last year and got some money for my injuries.

I'd also do some work on my house, mainly a new roof and some other repairs.  I'd also put some in mutual funds and in the bank, for the future.  I keep buying and keep hoping for the big win, maybe it will happen.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

DEE88's avatar - animal doggy2.jpg
                    PA
                    United States
                    Member #69849
                    January 18, 2009
                    14889 Posts
                    Posted: November 17, 2010, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

Not bad except for Philly in my opinion.

I had wanted to go there for a Cheesesteak until I saw a documentary about those 2 places and found out the cheese they use is Cheez-Whiz.

I have to go now, I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Don't feel bad about the Cheesesteaks in Philly...ridge..they have regular cheese steaks..with out the Cheez-Whiz....I know I had one....so come on up and try one out....Yes Nod

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: November 17, 2010, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

Don't feel bad about the Cheesesteaks in Philly...ridge..they have regular cheese steaks..with out the Cheez-Whiz....I know I had one....so come on up and try one out....Yes Nod

Well in that case I'm gonna put it back on the list.

Thanks DEE.

--Edmund Burke

stephi's avatar - winifrid
                        rural lowcountry, south carolina
                        United States
                        Member #31677
                        February 2, 2006
                        196 Posts
                        Posted: November 18, 2010, 12:43 am - IP Logged

Yes. I love Target, Dollar General, Family Dollar, and CVS. Buy my two cats some fancy toys & furniture so they'll leave me alone more often.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5124 Posts
                          Posted: November 18, 2010, 1:54 am - IP Logged

Even if I won a small Powerball prize like 200,000 bucks I would still go do a shopping spree for a whole week.

clothes

groceries

2 or 3 PSPs. Abuse the crap out of one of the PSPs and let my nephews play with it LOL

donate a few bucks to my church or whatever like 20 bucks for offering

pay off the darn school loan bills

go to Scheels and buy a sword or something LOL

urrutiap>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>whappa UUUUUUUUUUTONKIN??????????????BOUT????????

CLOHES

groceries

GROPICE

FEEL me^^^^^^^up^^^^^^^

FEEL MY>>>>>>>UMP^^^^^JUNK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WHAPPA??????UUUUUUUUDDDDDDINGDAREDARE??

GIVE me>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PLEASE!!!!!!

SIMPLE<<<<<<<<<<<TRANSPATION>>>>>>>>>>>>.....................................................................................

DON't>DON't>>>>>>>stick ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^women's (UR STRANGE FINGER's^^up her DRESS)!!!

"DON't TOUCH "MY JUNK"<<<<<<"BRO"

BananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaI Agree!

ChairArgueBashHit With StickPatriotSee Ya!PukeI Agree!

Jack-in-the-Box

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: November 18, 2010, 2:06 am - IP Logged

urrutiap>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>whappa UUUUUUUUUUTONKIN??????????????BOUT????????

CLOHES

groceries

GROPICE

FEEL me^^^^^^^up^^^^^^^

FEEL MY>>>>>>>UMP^^^^^JUNK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WHAPPA??????UUUUUUUUDDDDDDINGDAREDARE??

GIVE me>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PLEASE!!!!!!

SIMPLE<<<<<<<<<<<TRANSPATION>>>>>>>>>>>>.....................................................................................

DON't>DON't>>>>>>>stick ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^women's (UR STRANGE FINGER's^^up her DRESS)!!!

"DON't TOUCH "MY JUNK"<<<<<<"BRO"

BananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaI Agree!

ChairArgueBashHit With StickPatriotSee Ya!PukeI Agree!

Jack-in-the-Box

LOL    I gotta feelin somebody here drinks even more than I do.

--Edmund Burke

hoping2winbig's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                              Nebraska
                              United States
                              Member #72306
                              March 15, 2009
                              289 Posts
                              Posted: November 18, 2010, 2:57 am - IP Logged

I just finished readin all the posts and sure got a good chuckle at RD's " homo sapiens " lol , everyone seems to have a good idea what to do with 200,000 if they won it .

So here's what I'd do with 200,000.... I'd seek financial guidance to make a large majority of it grow into more , then I'd get the helll outta this " flat land ",  pack me an my 2 cats in the minivan and head for a mountainous part of the country , maybe back east ( where I'm originally from ) or maybe I'd go have a looky up in the northern part of the country see what it's like there , when I find a place I'd like to settle down in I'd find a nice little house with a wrap around porch with some rockin chairs on it and lottsa trees to shade it too ( someplace away from all the homo sapiens LOL ). Then I'd be at peace and be able to work on some of my ideas/designs and get them on the market so I could make MORE munny LOL and thennnnnn I'd buy enough land around where I live to have a shelter for all the unwanted , abused , neglected , homeless animals & people  .

Now if I were to hit the PB or Mega jackpot it would be a whole lot easier , ( not to mention faster )to do all these things .

So right now as it stands I feed a whole neighborhood of homeless cats & kits & possums etc . basically anyone or anything that's looks a mite hungry LOL

So iffin yer in the area an yer hungry stop by an I'll make sure ya git nice heapin plate O grits n corn meal mush , fried taters an a apple fritter fer dessert .LOL