Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 3:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$750,000 Winner - Jingle Jumbo Bucks - 2010

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 6 years ago by CarHauler.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Have you or someone you known played this game and won? If so, how much?

Jingle Jumbo Bucks is in my state I haven't played [ 3 ]  [18.75%]
I have played this game, but have never won. [ 3 ]  [18.75%]
I have played and won either $10 or a free ticket. [ 1 ]  [6.25%]
I have played Jingle Jumbo Bucks, and I won $20. [ 1 ]  [6.25%]
I have played Jingle Jumbo Bucks, and I won $40. [ 1 ]  [6.25%]
I have played Jingle Jumbo Bucks, and I won $50. [ 2 ]  [12.50%]
I have won $100 on Jingle Jumbo Bucks. [ 3 ]  [18.75%]
I won $250 on Jingle Jumbo Bucks. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I won $500 playing Jingle Jumbo Bucks. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I won over $500 playing Jingle Jumbo Bucks. [ 2 ]  [12.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 16 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  

United States
Member #97729
September 22, 2010
321 Posts
Posted: November 28, 2010, 3:53 am - IP Logged

The main reason for this poll and topic are to see if the $100 jingle bell symbol has ever hit for $100, or whatever the amount is in your state. Also, have you had a JUMBO worth more than 5 times $4?

I was looking for advice from those who have played this game a little, both here in Georgia, as well as other states that have it. It is a $10 scratch-off, with overall odds of 1:2.74, the best odds of any seasonal game in GA, and the second best odds of any ticket at all. According to the Georgia Lottery Corporation, there have been 2 top prize winners of $750,000, out of 5 total. There is 2.25 Million dollars left as top prizes alone.

Please feel free to vote in the poll, and write in comments here. I am hoping that people that live in states without this game will refrain from voting, so that only people with access to this game will participate. If you win a dollar amount that is different than what is listed, please put it here.

If you do win at this game, how often? Have you seen any type of pattern? Have you won on ticket number 022, or 000? Do you have to buy five tickets to win one? Have you noticed any lucky or unlucky ticket numbers? Do you have significantly better luck with this game at particular retailers, and mostly lose at another?

I am asking these questions because I have had poor luck with this ticket, and have never won more than $20, so I do not play it a lot anymore, because I have lost a lot of money at it. I should not be having such bad luck with a ticket with such good odds. Am I just missing the ball, or is this ticket a dud for everyone?

How has this ticket done in years past? Do you do better at this or Jumbo Jumbo Bucks? Is this game worth playing, and if so how? At a busy retailer? From a machine or cashier?

And the final question: why did I buy ticket number 22? It never wins, and I know that just like everyone else does. That is why it was sitting there for days.

ahelton85's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg
    Carrollton, GA
    United States
    Member #100701
    November 17, 2010
    293 Posts
    Posted: November 28, 2010, 5:15 am - IP Logged

Earlier this week I bought 4 Jingle Jumbo Bucks and was lucky enough to actually see the jingle bells! It was the first time I had won more than $40 on the srcatch off game and I was really excited. I have won on ticket number 22, but it was another game and it was not a big win and I usually by 4-5 tickets (sometimes more) from a particular store that I have had some luck with.

United States
      Member #97729
      September 22, 2010
      321 Posts
      Posted: November 28, 2010, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

Earlier this week I bought 4 Jingle Jumbo Bucks and was lucky enough to actually see the jingle bells! It was the first time I had won more than $40 on the srcatch off game and I was really excited. I have won on ticket number 22, but it was another game and it was not a big win and I usually by 4-5 tickets (sometimes more) from a particular store that I have had some luck with.

Congratulations on the win. Do you remember what ticket number it was on? Was the $40 win the most on any scratch off that you have ever won, prior to the $100 win, or just on Jingle Jumbo Bucks? In other words, have you won big on other scratch-offs? How many other times have you played Jingle Jumbo Bucks, or how many tickets would you say you have bought total?

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
        Member #71120
        February 19, 2009
        1209 Posts
        Posted: November 28, 2010, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

They all suck in Tennessee.

United States
          Member #97729
          September 22, 2010
          321 Posts
          Posted: November 29, 2010, 6:15 am - IP Logged

Yes, I am REALLY, REALLY unhappy about this game, and its false advertising. This after carefully examining my records. I will be contacting the GA Lottery Commission, and depending on the outcome, I may stir up a hornet's nest, well beyond what I have written here. I have tallied this game up, and this month I have spent $170 on Jingle Jumbo Bucks, and have only won $50 back, for a net loss of $120. I know what you are thinking: That's just how the lotto is. But wait a minute, even with the expected average lottery loss of 50% of your money, you would have expected to make $85 back, but this game has really good odds, so in all actuality, you should expect to do better. Even at the stated odds of 1:2.74, you should get back a minimum of $62, 1/3 more than I have. And that is assuming that you only won free tickets! In reality you should do better. I expect to lose sometimes, but this amounts to being raped. I should not consistently lose over 70% of what I put into a game, nor should anyone.

I keep every ticket that I purchase, except the winners which I turn in, but before I turn them in, I keep a record. It is not just from memory, I have been keeping a daily diary of my wins and losses, every purchase, and have just started transferring them to Excel to track each game individually. The full ticket number, winnings (if any), the retailer where I purchased it, and the date. I keep a daily, monthly, and yearly recap. I keep meticulous records. Every day I update my MTD and YTD totals. And guess where the vast majority of my losses are? Yep you guessed it.

I have purchased 17 of this ticket at 4 different stores, and guess what? I have only won 3 times! Yes 3 times! $20 twice and a free ticket. This is over the period of almost a month, from November 2 thru the 29th. That means that I am winning at the rate of 1 out of every 5.67 times that I play (1:5.67), and that is absolutely ridiculous! There is not even a $1 game with odds that bad! The stated odds for this game are 1 in 2.74 winners. This means that I am losing at a rate OVER TWICE what is expected. To break even for this month, and overall for this game, I would have to win $100 and $40 on two tickets! This is b.s. I have bought them in strings of 1, 2 and three consecutive tickets. And you know what? Two out of the three wins were in the same book. That was 2 out of 5, or 1:2.5, pretty close to the stated odds, but that was that book only in which I won (at anywhere near the stated odds). The overall odds are not panning out. What gives? 

I could see it if it were $1 tickets, or I had only purchased 4 or 5 tickets, but 3 out of 17? Really? That is ridiculous for the stated odds, and I am thinking very strongly about a lawsuit, and some major bad publicity, maybe I will call up every media outlet I can think of. Maybe I will start a website against the GA lottery. I have no choice but to consider these tickets defective, and in need of replacement. I wonder if we might have a boycott the lottery day? I am fiery mad about this. I usually get irritated when I lose, but this is ridiculous. This is well beyond what is reasonable. It is not even close. If I bought a car, and it was rated at 20 miles per gallon in the city, and it got less than 10 mpg in normal driving, that would be ridiculous. I would want a refund. The same applies here.

Case in point: Giant Jumbo Bucks, the stated odds are 1:3.27. I have purchased 23 of these, and won 7 times, for an average of 1 win every 3.29 games (1:3.29). That is so close to the stated odds that it is statistically insignificant. I am willing to let the lottery corporation make a fair offer before I decide what to do. Does anyone else have experience with anything similar? I personally helped a high school classmate get elected in a very tough election, and he is a ranking member of the Appropriations Committee in the Georgia State Senate. I guess I should see what they offer first, before bothering him.

What should I do? What do you think is fair? If this is far reaching, then it might be time for a class-action lawsuit.

SE PA
            United States
            Member #93582
            July 3, 2010
            1873 Posts
            Posted: November 29, 2010, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

Something definitely seems wrong there, CarHauler. Is there a way to see what a number of others have experienced in the game? If so, and their results are the same, I wouldn't rule out a lawsuit over false advertising.

United States
              Member #97729
              September 22, 2010
              321 Posts
              Posted: November 29, 2010, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

Something definitely seems wrong there, CarHauler. Is there a way to see what a number of others have experienced in the game? If so, and their results are the same, I wouldn't rule out a lawsuit over false advertising.

Thanks Matt, that is what I was thinking. I was curious how others were doing when I put up this poll, but at that exact time, I had not done the math yet. I had quit buying them for a while, but resumed to see if I would have the same luck, and I have. $10 is no small amount of change to go down the drain every time you play. 

I actually bought a few more after reading about folks winning the jingle bell $100, but we don't have a large enough response yet to form an opinion.  I hope that everyone in GA reads this, and if they are having the same luck, they will post it here, but I get the distinct feeling that there is not a ton of people on here from GA. In all fairness, I am going to call GLC today, and see if they can provide me with some sort of answer. I want to hear their side of the story. I believe that the tickets are defective. Also, I would not put it past lottery officials to post that they have won here, just to make the game look better than it is.

United States
                Member #97729
                September 22, 2010
                321 Posts
                Posted: November 29, 2010, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

If you have won over $500, please post the amount, so we can all share in your joy. If you have played in Georgia, or anywhere else that has Jingle Jumbo Bucks, I would love to hear from you. Lets get the stories rolling. Please feel free to identify yourself and let us know what it took for you to win. Did you have to spend over $100 at a time to win anything? I have a few poll responses, but no one to connect them to. So far, only 1 person in GA has replied. Come on now.

United States
                  Member #97729
                  September 22, 2010
                  321 Posts
                  Posted: November 29, 2010, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

Guess what I just found myself, a real gem. No not a winning ticket, but the next best thing. I have found a website that lists ALL of the odds for a game her in GA. I don't know where he got it, but I have been looking for it forever. Up until now, I only knew about top prizes. I am so excited. It is interesting to know that you have better odds of winning $100 than you do of winning $40 or $50 in this game. I may just have to start a new thread. For example here is Jingle Jumbo Bucks:

$10 tickets

Overall odds: 1 in 2.74

TICKET...1 in 10
                  $10......1 in 30
                  $15......1 in 10
                  $20......1 in 15
                  $25......1 in 40
                  $30......1 in 50
                  $40......1 in 375
                  $50......1 in 150
                  $100.....1 in 100
                  $250.....1 in 3,750
                  $500.....1 in 4,800
                  $2,500...1 in 60,000
                  $25,000..1 in 520,000
                  $750,000..1 in 1,560,000

Jingle Jumbo Bucks Winning Combinations

Now if I could just find out how many of each prize had been cashed in, and how many remained. That information is available on the GA lottery web site, but only odds, and TOP prize amount, number (of top prizes) claimed, and total number (of top prizes). Once again, until today, I never knew that this information was out there. Check out the site. http://www.lottohideout.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

He also has some YouTube videos out detailing him playing some games. http://www.youtube.com/user/sorensonrules41#p/f Be sure to click on Favorites (196) to see all of his videos. I have only watched one, but I just found it.

United States
                    Member #97729
                    September 22, 2010
                    321 Posts
                    Posted: November 29, 2010, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

This is really going to change the way I play the lottery. Best odds does not always equal best payout. For example, I will compare the odds of winning $20 on two different  tickets.

Giant Jumbo Bucks overall odds 1 in 3.27. Odds of winning $100 are 1 in 1000.

20X the Money overall 1 in 4.05 Odds of winning $100 are in 275.

He has a much more detailed website, and he compares the best and worst tickets.

United States
                      Member #97729
                      September 22, 2010
                      321 Posts
                      Posted: November 29, 2010, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Matt, that is what I was thinking. I was curious how others were doing when I put up this poll, but at that exact time, I had not done the math yet. I had quit buying them for a while, but resumed to see if I would have the same luck, and I have. $10 is no small amount of change to go down the drain every time you play. 

I actually bought a few more after reading about folks winning the jingle bell $100, but we don't have a large enough response yet to form an opinion.  I hope that everyone in GA reads this, and if they are having the same luck, they will post it here, but I get the distinct feeling that there is not a ton of people on here from GA. In all fairness, I am going to call GLC today, and see if they can provide me with some sort of answer. I want to hear their side of the story. I believe that the tickets are defective. Also, I would not put it past lottery officials to post that they have won here, just to make the game look better than it is.

I have sent an email to GLC about this issue, so we will see what their response is. I hope they do the right thing.

United States
                        Member #97729
                        September 22, 2010
                        321 Posts
                        Posted: November 30, 2010, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

I have sent an email to GLC about this issue, so we will see what their response is. I hope they do the right thing.

OK, here is the response which I received.

"Thank you for contacting the Georgia Lottery Corporation (GLC). 

The Georgia Lottery goes to great lengths to ensure the security and integrity
                        of every game.  Game symbols and prize amounts are distributed randomly during
                        the printing process of instant tickets. All instant games are audited by an
                        independent CPA firm prior to the release of a game to confirm that the
                        appropriate number of prizes is included in the printing process of a game.

The overall odds printed on an instant ticket are the odds of winning any prize
                        in the entire game.  For example, if the odds are 1:4 that means there is a
                        winning ticket in every four tickets printed in the entire game. Since winning
                        tickets are randomly distributed during the printing process, this does not mean
                        that every fourth ticket in a roll is a winning ticket.  There are multiple top
                        prize winning tickets, as well as multiple prize levels, available in all
                        Georgia Lottery instant games. Tickets are randomly distributed to more than
                        8,000 retailers throughout the state.

We appreciate your interest in the GLC and our games"

It is evidently a standard response, which would lead me to believe that they have had issues like this in the past. They do not seem to care, or to take this very seriously. Note that they did not even mention the game or odds by name. They just use for example...

So there you have it in their own words. Of course they are not going to admit to any wrongdoing. It would probably take some type of investigation to see if this is true, but I do not know how. The only way I can think of requires one or more persons with some extra cash to spend. Someone, a philanthropist, for example, or a group of people would need to come up with say $2740. That would cover the odds of 1 in 2.74, multiplied by 100. That would buy 274 tickets, and there should be somewhere near 100 winners, which would mean that there were exact odds. I would think that there should be no less than 95% of  the stated odds, which are 1 in 2.74. There should be no less than 95 winning tickets, which allows for a variation of 5%.

We would need 24 people located at various locations around the state to buy 11 tickets each, and one person to purchase 10. That would be $110 that each of the 24 people would need to spend, and one person would need to purchase only 10. That would add up to 274 tickets, or 2.74 times 100. Each group of 11 tickets would need to be in exact order, all from the same book, not purchased randomly. That would rule out the possibility that someone who was playing multiple games could not lower the odds for everyone else.The tickets should be purchased at different locations, but in strings of 11. It would be best to spread it out over the state as much as possible.

It would be great if we could get a media outlet to foot the bill for this, but that is extremely doubtful, and I will tell you why. The lottery spends good deal in the form of advertising at these television and radio stations. The stations should be independent, but in all reality, they might fear that the GLC would pull their ads, causing them to lose money. Possibly one or more persons with that much extra cash would be willing to participate. Or it would work if all 25 people could spend $110 each.

There would need to be some oversight, of course. If multiple people participate, then someone would need to make sure reasonable steps are taken to assure that someone who is dishonest would not take the money and run. We would also need to make sure that participants were not turning in old tickets, and just the losers. So long as they are in consecutive, non-broken order i.e. there is not a winning ticket missing, then it could be debated that those tickets could be used in the evaluation.

If we could put up an ad somewhere, perhaps we could find someone who already has some consecutive tickets. I don't know, it is just an idea. Are there any lotto winners of $5,000 or more out there willing to participate? You could buy 274 more tickets. They would be yours, and as soon as the results are documented, you can cash them in. Who knows, spending money like that spread over the state could possibly result in a grand prize. Not saying that it will, but it greatly increases your odds.

You may or may not break even, but my guess is that you would do much better than breaking even, but no one can guarantee anything. If you don't win on at least 95 tickets, then I would assume that we could be looking at a class-action lawsuit. The GLC has very deep pockets, so I think any trial lawyer would jump on this if he thought he had a case. In closing, I bought another Jingle Jumbo Bucks ticket last night, and of course I lost again.

***<!---By the way, the webmaster needs to fix the spellchecker. It is obvious that this spell checker was written by a Yankee. Anytime I type the word "any", the spell checker wants to make it NY, as in New York. I guess any is not a real word, we have just been misusing it for hundreds of years. The funny thing is that it does not do it all the time. (it does it with the word "funny" as well---!>***

SE PA
                          United States
                          Member #93582
                          July 3, 2010
                          1873 Posts
                          Posted: November 30, 2010, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

OK, here is the response which I received.

"Thank you for contacting the Georgia Lottery Corporation (GLC). 

The Georgia Lottery goes to great lengths to ensure the security and integrity
                          of every game.  Game symbols and prize amounts are distributed randomly during
                          the printing process of instant tickets. All instant games are audited by an
                          independent CPA firm prior to the release of a game to confirm that the
                          appropriate number of prizes is included in the printing process of a game.

The overall odds printed on an instant ticket are the odds of winning any prize
                          in the entire game.  For example, if the odds are 1:4 that means there is a
                          winning ticket in every four tickets printed in the entire game. Since winning
                          tickets are randomly distributed during the printing process, this does not mean
                          that every fourth ticket in a roll is a winning ticket.  There are multiple top
                          prize winning tickets, as well as multiple prize levels, available in all
                          Georgia Lottery instant games. Tickets are randomly distributed to more than
                          8,000 retailers throughout the state.

We appreciate your interest in the GLC and our games"

It is evidently a standard response, which would lead me to believe that they have had issues like this in the past. They do not seem to care, or to take this very seriously. Note that they did not even mention the game or odds by name. They just use for example...

So there you have it in their own words. Of course they are not going to admit to any wrongdoing. It would probably take some type of investigation to see if this is true, but I do not know how. The only way I can think of requires one or more persons with some extra cash to spend. Someone, a philanthropist, for example, or a group of people would need to come up with say $2740. That would cover the odds of 1 in 2.74, multiplied by 100. That would buy 274 tickets, and there should be somewhere near 100 winners, which would mean that there were exact odds. I would think that there should be no less than 95% of  the stated odds, which are 1 in 2.74. There should be no less than 95 winning tickets, which allows for a variation of 5%.

We would need 24 people located at various locations around the state to buy 11 tickets each, and one person to purchase 10. That would be $110 that each of the 24 people would need to spend, and one person would need to purchase only 10. That would add up to 274 tickets, or 2.74 times 100. Each group of 11 tickets would need to be in exact order, all from the same book, not purchased randomly. That would rule out the possibility that someone who was playing multiple games could not lower the odds for everyone else.The tickets should be purchased at different locations, but in strings of 11. It would be best to spread it out over the state as much as possible.

It would be great if we could get a media outlet to foot the bill for this, but that is extremely doubtful, and I will tell you why. The lottery spends good deal in the form of advertising at these television and radio stations. The stations should be independent, but in all reality, they might fear that the GLC would pull their ads, causing them to lose money. Possibly one or more persons with that much extra cash would be willing to participate. Or it would work if all 25 people could spend $110 each.

There would need to be some oversight, of course. If multiple people participate, then someone would need to make sure reasonable steps are taken to assure that someone who is dishonest would not take the money and run. We would also need to make sure that participants were not turning in old tickets, and just the losers. So long as they are in consecutive, non-broken order i.e. there is not a winning ticket missing, then it could be debated that those tickets could be used in the evaluation.

If we could put up an ad somewhere, perhaps we could find someone who already has some consecutive tickets. I don't know, it is just an idea. Are there any lotto winners of $5,000 or more out there willing to participate? You could buy 274 more tickets. They would be yours, and as soon as the results are documented, you can cash them in. Who knows, spending money like that spread over the state could possibly result in a grand prize. Not saying that it will, but it greatly increases your odds.

You may or may not break even, but my guess is that you would do much better than breaking even, but no one can guarantee anything. If you don't win on at least 95 tickets, then I would assume that we could be looking at a class-action lawsuit. The GLC has very deep pockets, so I think any trial lawyer would jump on this if he thought he had a case. In closing, I bought another Jingle Jumbo Bucks ticket last night, and of course I lost again.

***<!---By the way, the webmaster needs to fix the spellchecker. It is obvious that this spell checker was written by a Yankee. Anytime I type the word "any", the spell checker wants to make it NY, as in New York. I guess any is not a real word, we have just been misusing it for hundreds of years. The funny thing is that it does not do it all the time. (it does it with the word "funny" as well---!>***

Yeah, that's the usual form letter. I bet they get a lot of complaints, so they send a standard reply. If you can't get a group together, take a break from the game and see what happens later. Sometimes that works for me.

TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
                            Nashville, TN
                            United States
                            Member #86739
                            February 9, 2010
                            483 Posts
                            Posted: November 30, 2010, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Great findings! I hope you are just on a good run of bad luck and the GA lottery isnt completely corrupt. (hey, I can hope, right?)

I bought 3 of the Jingle Jumbo Bucks while in GA last weekend -- 1 was a 'winner' of a free TICKET. I bought another one down the road and lost it. So I guess that is about right but not nearly enough bought to really tell.

Last year I think I bought maybe 2 of them and lost (in GA)

Last year after this game came out in TN (my first year playing, not sure if it was the game's first year) I had high hopes for it. I remember playing several in a row because I just KNEW It was going to pay for Christmas. I am thinking I bought about 7 tix in a row and maybe won $40. I wish I could remember the payout -- maybe a $10 winner and a $20 or $30 winner? Not really sure, and I don't keep records like I should.

If someone wants to loan me about $80 to test your theory, I will gladly cover the remaining 30 when I am in GA again in a few weeks :)

Good luck with your endeavor CarHauler! I hope through all of this you hit the jackpot!

TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
                              Nashville, TN
                              United States
                              Member #86739
                              February 9, 2010
                              483 Posts
                              Posted: November 30, 2010, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

And another thing, do lotteries ever get audited?

I mean by a true, individual, separate non-affiliated audit group?

I dont know how they couldnt but it just seems there could easily be so much corruption in lottery but in todays world, post-Enron, it seems lotteries would be tightly audited (and casinos for that matter)