Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$750,000 Winner - Jingle Jumbo Bucks - 2010

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 6 years ago by CarHauler.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Have you or someone you known played this game and won? If so, how much?

Jingle Jumbo Bucks is in my state I haven't played [ 3 ]  [18.75%]
I have played this game, but have never won. [ 3 ]  [18.75%]
I have played and won either $10 or a free ticket. [ 1 ]  [6.25%]
I have played Jingle Jumbo Bucks, and I won $20. [ 1 ]  [6.25%]
I have played Jingle Jumbo Bucks, and I won $40. [ 1 ]  [6.25%]
I have played Jingle Jumbo Bucks, and I won $50. [ 2 ]  [12.50%]
I have won $100 on Jingle Jumbo Bucks. [ 3 ]  [18.75%]
I won $250 on Jingle Jumbo Bucks. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I won $500 playing Jingle Jumbo Bucks. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I won over $500 playing Jingle Jumbo Bucks. [ 2 ]  [12.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 16 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  

United States
Member #97729
September 22, 2010
321 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2010, 1:43 am - IP Logged

Well I finally got my first $100 Jingle Bell tonight. Now I am only $95 behind on this game. It was the first ticket in the pack, 029. She is a real beauty. I want to see if I can see this one.

Jingle Bell winner from Jingle Jumbo Bucks

United States
    Member #97729
    September 22, 2010
    321 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2010, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

Well I finally got my first $100 Jingle Bell tonight. Now I am only $95 behind on this game. It was the first ticket in the pack, 029. She is a real beauty. I want to see if I can see this one.

Jingle Bell winner from Jingle Jumbo Bucks

I still can't see it in the original post, but when I reply to it, it shows up in the post that I am replying to. Even if I choose include this, it still does not show up after I actually post. Seems like I have heard someone else had that problem. Does anyone know why we are unable to see the photos that we have posted?

United States
      Member #97729
      September 22, 2010
      321 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2010, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

I know that this is the wrong site for this, but I figure I would ask anyway. Are there any advanced or expert computer folks on here? Hopefully you have experience with 10,000 RPM hard drives, raid 0, and possible failed disks. I had to disconnect two hard drives from my computer, so it is not as fast as it was, and I am unable to access any of the data on those drives. Thank God I have a fail over backup system, but I am still missing my web sites that I am hosting.

The computer shuts down after about 3 seconds after a cold boot, during post, and before the monitor displays anything. There are no beeps, it just shuts down. I have tried changing the sata cables, and I tried a different outlet from my power supply, but the system simply won't start without disconnecting that array. Even if I apply power to the drives without any sata cables attached, the computer still shuts down right after it starts. I am wondering if any virus can accomplish this. It is either that, or a colossal failure. I don't imagine that a power supply could be the problem, seeing as how hard drives use less than 10 watts of power, could it? I will look at the voltage.

I have another single 10,000 rpm drive and a 7,200 RPM on the system as well, and they are working fine.

TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
        Member #71120
        February 19, 2009
        1209 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2010, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

I know what you mean and how you feel.Here in Tennessee I bought 8 $$20.00 tickets in a row---7-14 and none were winners,the girl behind the register scanned them for me and not even a free ticket..thats 140.00 lost...I got the same response from the lottery office...It's all bull s^^t if you ask me and I will not play here anymore.I got so mad,I refuse to play any Tennessee lottery again....been playing and supporting for 4 years now,and I'm glad to say I quit cold TURKEY.Turkey

United States
          Member #97729
          September 22, 2010
          321 Posts
          Posted: December 11, 2010, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

I know that this is the wrong site for this, but I figure I would ask anyway. Are there any advanced or expert computer folks on here? Hopefully you have experience with 10,000 RPM hard drives, raid 0, and possible failed disks. I had to disconnect two hard drives from my computer, so it is not as fast as it was, and I am unable to access any of the data on those drives. Thank God I have a fail over backup system, but I am still missing my web sites that I am hosting.

The computer shuts down after about 3 seconds after a cold boot, during post, and before the monitor displays anything. There are no beeps, it just shuts down. I have tried changing the sata cables, and I tried a different outlet from my power supply, but the system simply won't start without disconnecting that array. Even if I apply power to the drives without any sata cables attached, the computer still shuts down right after it starts. I am wondering if any virus can accomplish this. It is either that, or a colossal failure. I don't imagine that a power supply could be the problem, seeing as how hard drives use less than 10 watts of power, could it? I will look at the voltage.

I have another single 10,000 rpm drive and a 7,200 RPM on the system as well, and they are working fine.

Anyone who comes across this can ignore it. It turned out to be a wire going bad, some kind of short. Funny how a wire can work for over 5 years then short out. Back to the Lottery.

United States
            Member #97729
            September 22, 2010
            321 Posts
            Posted: December 14, 2010, 5:55 am - IP Logged

I won $50 on Jingle Jumbo Bucks. It took me a month to the day, from when I first started playing, and I won on my twentieth ticket, on ticket number 018. A week later, and after purchasing 14 more tickets, I won my first jingle bell symbol, which pays $100. It fell on the first ticket in the book, number 029. The average winning ticket is $22.22, pretty close to $20, or double the cost of the ticket. The overall average payout for each ticket is $8.16, including the losing tickets, which means that every time I play, I lose $1.84, on average. The normal range of winners is anywhere from a free ticket to $25. I have spent $490 on this game, but have only won $400. I was behind by $50 on this game yesterday, before I had 7 losers in a row, which were followed by 2 winners of $15 each. I don't know whether this is stupid or smart,  but I am going to go back to that store to see if the winner is yet to come. Only time will tell.

I have won 18 out of 49 times that I have played, very close to the stated odds. The following are the amounts won, and the number of times I have won each prize: $10-6, $15-3, $20-6, $25-1, $50-1, and $100-1.

I have purchased 17 even numbered tickets, of which 5 won. Even wins are 1 in 3.4. 29.41% of even numbered tickets purchased won.
            I have purchased 32 odd numbered tickets, of which 14 won. Odd wins are 1 in 2.29. 43.75% of odd numbered tickets purchased won.

Ticket number 25 is the most consistent winner for me. It has won all three times I played it, and all winners have been at least $20. Number 29 has won 3 out of 5 times, and won $100. I have not won on number 26 or 28, but another player from GA won $100 on number 28. Number 19 has won 50% of the time. Every win has been $20. I won $50 on number 18, but lost the other time I played it.  Number 17 has lost 3 out of the 5 times that I have played it, and the two times it won, it was only for $10 or a free ticket. I record both as the same. Tickets 009 and 010 I have played twice. 3/4 won, but only an average of $10, the cost of a ticket. I did not win the one time I purchased ticket number 020, but another member won $100. Number 004 won $10, and number 003 won $20.

003-009=$45     6 plays 3 wins 50% win ratio.   $7.50 won per ticket, each ticket loses an average of $2.50.
            010-019=$155 25 plays 9 wins 36% win ratio.   $6.20 won per ticket, each ticket loses an average of $3.80.
            020-029=$200 18 plays 7 wins 38% win ratio. $11.11 won per ticket, each ticket earns an average of $1.11.

Now that I have proven to myself that this game can go at least 7 tickets in a row without a winner, and that I can spend $90, and only have $30 of it returned, I will not be buying many more of these, at least not at once. I think you break even at 2 tickets, almost, on average, so you would be very smart to walk away after three losers in a row. I still have no idea if the big winner is still in the pack, or if someone else bought it. Actually, I am going to try just buying one Jingle Jumbo Bucks ticket from now on, after being burned so bad. The GA lotto just stretched their luck one too many times with me. Who knows, maybe there is a $500 winner in this pack, but I doubt it. I may just call it quits altogether. Winning a good amount of money in just about 10 days, and then losing $90 in one day is a roller coaster ride, and I am beginning to wonder if the sudden crash is worth suffering through, after riding on that high so long. It was bound to happen given the amount that I have been spending. Having to tell my wife is worse than actually losing the money. She is fine with me playing, so long as I am winning. Based on my experience, and those who have voted in my poll, I am going to have to conclude that numbers the numbers 18 and above are the best in this game, and that odd numbers have won more times than even numbers, but discounting my biggest win, the other 2 players largest wins have been on even numbers, as was my second largest win.

United States
              Member #97729
              September 22, 2010
              321 Posts
              Posted: December 14, 2010, 7:57 am - IP Logged

OK, I went back, and 006 hit a jingle bell, so I think that I actually made $10. I bought tickets 017 through 006. I lost 7 in a row, had two $15 winners back to back, lost two more, then hit for $100. So make that 2 Jingle Bells for me. Now I just need that $750,000 top prize, so I can take a few days off from the lottery. If I can't win that, I'll take all of the jingle bells I can. I guess knowing the warning signs help, and staying the course pays off more times than I thought. I was not about to end the day losing $90, if I could possibly help it. I will accept my $20 loss instead, and try to make up for it later today. I wish those who made more than $500 on this game would have left a little more information on their wins. I wish I could redo my last post, but oh well, I will have to confuse everyone with a new set of numbers. I suppose that this is proving that you cannot really figure out the lottery. The best I can tell, I have nearly broken even with this game. I will have to take a look later today.

And yes, I was ther 10 minutes before the store opened. After the first ticket he sold me, he tried to sell me one out of another pack. Kind of makes me wonder if he forgot which one I had played out of, assumed that I wanted to try a different book because I lost, or he knew a big winner was coming.

United States
                Member #97729
                September 22, 2010
                321 Posts
                Posted: December 19, 2010, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

OK, I went back, and 006 hit a jingle bell, so I think that I actually made $10. I bought tickets 017 through 006. I lost 7 in a row, had two $15 winners back to back, lost two more, then hit for $100. So make that 2 Jingle Bells for me. Now I just need that $750,000 top prize, so I can take a few days off from the lottery. If I can't win that, I'll take all of the jingle bells I can. I guess knowing the warning signs help, and staying the course pays off more times than I thought. I was not about to end the day losing $90, if I could possibly help it. I will accept my $20 loss instead, and try to make up for it later today. I wish those who made more than $500 on this game would have left a little more information on their wins. I wish I could redo my last post, but oh well, I will have to confuse everyone with a new set of numbers. I suppose that this is proving that you cannot really figure out the lottery. The best I can tell, I have nearly broken even with this game. I will have to take a look later today.

And yes, I was ther 10 minutes before the store opened. After the first ticket he sold me, he tried to sell me one out of another pack. Kind of makes me wonder if he forgot which one I had played out of, assumed that I wanted to try a different book because I lost, or he knew a big winner was coming.

Based on prior experiences, I tried this again, and failed miserably.

All of these tickets listed on this post were purchased from the same roll. I purchased tickets 026 and 025, and both of those won $20, each. I had myself a nice little $20 profit. I decided to keep pushing my luck, ignoring the common sense that God gave me. I bought tickets numbered 24, 23 and 22. They all lost, but at least I quit after only losing $10. Pretty sad when you add the $10 loss with the $20 that I had won, that means in all actuality, I lost $30, even though technically I only lost $10. If I had just left well enough alone, I would have fared much better, and had my twenty dollars.

I went back later and found ticket 010 of that roll, so I bought it. It won $15. Then I bought 009, and it also won $15.  Number 008 won a free ticket. by this point in time, I had a profit of $10. What would someone with any sense have done? Walked away, that is what. But no, not me, as I am some kind of a genius. The winner of the free ticket after 2 $15 winners should have been my cue to quit, and would have made $10 in profit from this section of the roll. No, I could not be satisfied. I just had to find another jingle bell symbol, worth $100. I bought tickets  007-001 mostly one or two at a time, and they all lost. Amazing. Number 000 won $20, so it was really no win.

The jingle bell may have been somewhere between 011 and 021, but I will never know for sure. I was ahead by $20 on the first spree, and $10 on the second. Any rational person would have kept their $30. Not a lot of money, but better than nothing. All in all told, I spent $160 on this roll of tickets, on two failed buying sprees. I ended up with $100 worth of winners, so that means that I lost $60. Yes, I am admitting to being a real idiot. I was handed $30 on a silver platter, and turned it into a $60 loss, but that is what the lottery will do to you if you let it.

Just be careful out there and as I have just proven to myself, yes you can buy 16 tickets and have no jingle bell. If this roll payed out the rest of the roll like it did to me with my tickets, then it came pretty close to the $180 worth of winners that are guaranteed to be in each roll (I was told this by a member of management in a large supermarket chain). Math = 100/160=.625. This means that of every dollar spent, this roll paid out 62.5 cents. $300 in a roll * .625 = $187.50. That is about as close as it gets.

Was there a jingle bell in that roll? In retrospect, I seriously doubt it. Do I consider myself an idiot for doing that? Yes, pretty much so, but I also taught myself a very valuable lesson: you nor I can force a big winner to be in that pack. It just might not be there. I hope this make all of the readers, as well as myself use better judgement when buying tickets. I am going to stop when I get a winner or two. That is what I used to do. This game, along with Holiday Gifts has taught me a lesson. Just when you think you have a pattern figured out, the lottery demonstrates just how random it can be.