Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 10:48 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$750,000 Winner - Jingle Jumbo Bucks - 2010

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 6 years ago by CarHauler.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Have you or someone you known played this game and won? If so, how much?

Jingle Jumbo Bucks is in my state I haven't played [ 3 ]  [18.75%]
I have played this game, but have never won. [ 3 ]  [18.75%]
I have played and won either $10 or a free ticket. [ 1 ]  [6.25%]
I have played Jingle Jumbo Bucks, and I won $20. [ 1 ]  [6.25%]
I have played Jingle Jumbo Bucks, and I won $40. [ 1 ]  [6.25%]
I have played Jingle Jumbo Bucks, and I won $50. [ 2 ]  [12.50%]
I have won $100 on Jingle Jumbo Bucks. [ 3 ]  [18.75%]
I won $250 on Jingle Jumbo Bucks. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I won $500 playing Jingle Jumbo Bucks. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I won over $500 playing Jingle Jumbo Bucks. [ 2 ]  [12.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 16 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  
TheOtherOne's avatar - Lottery-027.jpg
Nashville, TN
United States
Member #86739
February 9, 2010
483 Posts
Posted: December 2, 2010, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Got a number 20 'winner' today (TICKET) on Jingle Jumbo Bucks. I guess it counts as a winner, since its not a loser.

United States
    Member #97729
    September 22, 2010
    321 Posts
    Posted: December 3, 2010, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

Well, I spent $30 on other games and struck out. I still don't know whether to be pissed at the cashier. I ordered two Holiday Gifts, and a Giant Jumbo Bucks #044. He handed me the two Holiday Gifts that I requested, and a Millionaire Celebration. I told him that I wanted Giant Jumbo Bucks, but he said that it had just hit and sold me the Millionaire Celebration instead, for a total cost of $20 instead of the $15 that I was going to spend. He said that it would be a good ticket, along with at least one of the Holiday Gifts.

I noticed Millionaire Celebration was #000, and I have never won on that number that I can remember, especially expensive tickets. Now I am left wondering whether he:

A) Was truly looking out for my best interest, since I am a regular customer, and thought it would win; or

B)The Giant Jumbo Bucks ticket #044 was about to hit for a large amount and he knew it, so he called a buddy up to come and buy it, or

C) He just had the last ticket in the roll, #000, and he knew he was never going to sell it

D) It was a $20 sale instead of $15, and he knew that I would come back and buy even more tickets

E) Any combination of B, C, and D

They all lost, so I was pretty pissed, and went back to speak to the cashier. He just said that he told me that the Giant had just hit for $25, so he was trying to sell me a better ticket, but it was the lottery, so what did I expect. He then offered to sell me Giant Jumbo Bucks, it was at ticket #042 I think, and it had been torn off and put back in the slot. The next one was 41. He said that it might be OK, because he just sold a few sice I was in there last.

I guess that it is kind of like if a liquor store that sold you alcohol, and you got into a drunk driving wreck, you couldn't very well blame the liquor store. I do not know whether to trust this clerk or not. I am left wondering his true intentions. I had asked him about Jingle Jumbo Bucks, and he said he didn't know if anyone had hit big on those, because he had just come on the shift, but none had since he had been there. Against my better judgement, I went ahead and bought two Jingle Jumbo Bucks. I knew they were going to lose, but one hit for $50, so now I am all excited about that at least. My faith has been renewed.

United States
      Member #97729
      September 22, 2010
      321 Posts
      Posted: December 4, 2010, 6:02 am - IP Logged

I won $50 on Jingle Jumbo bucks yesterday, and $25 on it today. Not too bad for $30 worth of tickets. I then went and bought one at QT, and they never win from there, so shame on me. I guess that means I spent $40, but not to win, I only spent $30 to win, and wasted the other $10 after I had won at my favorite lottery retailers.

Just as a side note, wasn't there more votes in my poll before? How do votes get discarded? Did some of them dissapear? I thought I had around 15 votes, but I might just be losing my mind.

Toney725's avatar - speedykat
        Stone Mountain, GA
        United States
        Member #3189
        January 1, 2004
        28472 Posts
        Posted: December 4, 2010, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

I just bought 1 (tic# 028) and got the Jingle Bells so I just won $100!  Hurray!

win4life's avatar - batman38

United States
          Member #48867
          January 11, 2007
          4180 Posts
          Posted: December 5, 2010, 9:14 am - IP Logged

I just bought 1 (tic# 028) and got the Jingle Bells so I just won $100!  Hurray!

Congrats Toney on your win.

Mass
            United States
            Member #68073
            December 12, 2008
            217 Posts
            Posted: December 5, 2010, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

You are kidding right? You are complaining to the lottery because you did not win? You should be embarrassed. I can understand frustration if you bought 17 tickets in a row but you bought them at 4 different stores. Of course the lottery randomly distributes tickets. I have seen back-to-back-to-back $100 winners and as many as 12 losers in a row, on $5 massachusetts tix. I know of a $100 winner attached to a $10,000 winner. It is random- it is a game of chance. The rules are clearly stated and the odds are what they are.  I suggest you stop gambling if you cannot handle losing or insist on a conspiracy when you do. Some people!

United States
              Member #97729
              September 22, 2010
              321 Posts
              Posted: December 5, 2010, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

You are kidding right? You are complaining to the lottery because you did not win? You should be embarrassed. I can understand frustration if you bought 17 tickets in a row but you bought them at 4 different stores. Of course the lottery randomly distributes tickets. I have seen back-to-back-to-back $100 winners and as many as 12 losers in a row, on $5 massachusetts tix. I know of a $100 winner attached to a $10,000 winner. It is random- it is a game of chance. The rules are clearly stated and the odds are what they are.  I suggest you stop gambling if you cannot handle losing or insist on a conspiracy when you do. Some people!

Yes, friend, I was actually a little unhappy. I wanted to see what their response was, and I also wanted to see what the other members of this board had to say about their experiences with this ticket. I believe that they may have over stated the odds. I have spent over $1000 on the lotto over the course of around 3 months, and have never, ever had consistent luck that was anywhere near that bad. Not only that, those are not cheap tickets. 

How is it that you have seen all of these winners/losers?

SE PA
                United States
                Member #93582
                July 3, 2010
                1872 Posts
                Posted: December 5, 2010, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

He was overreacting to you, CarHauler. Most everyone who plays complains about the lottery. The odds seem worse because they put some rolls out with more winners so they can even it out - but there are a lot of bad rolls. The lottery is slanted badly. The best way to get back at them if you are mad (and I'm still in a losing streak) is to not play. Sometimes I do not play.

Nashville, TN
                  United States
                  Member #86739
                  February 9, 2010
                  483 Posts
                  Posted: December 6, 2010, 12:03 am - IP Logged

CarHauler have you ever been to a store that displays winning tickets?

here in TN, some stores will do this, i.e. display them on a wall or up around the register. This might be a good way to study winning tickets.

as for complaining to the lottery, I say send them your feedback and see what they say. everyone is entitled to their opinion and it does not hurt to send your opinion. i love watching people get bent out of shape just because someone else posts something they do not agree with. CarHauler has every right to contact the lottery and also to be angry about spending his hard earned money and seeing no good results.

CarHauler, good luck to you and I hope you hit a big winner soon!

SE PA
                    United States
                    Member #93582
                    July 3, 2010
                    1872 Posts
                    Posted: December 6, 2010, 12:44 am - IP Logged

here in TN, some stores will do this, i.e. display them on a wall or up around the register. This might be a good way to study winning tickets.

as for complaining to the lottery, I say send them your feedback and see what they say. everyone is entitled to their opinion and it does not hurt to send your opinion. i love watching people get bent out of shape just because someone else posts something they do not agree with. CarHauler has every right to contact the lottery and also to be angry about spending his hard earned money and seeing no good results.

Hear hear! My thoughts exactly.

United States
                      Member #97729
                      September 22, 2010
                      321 Posts
                      Posted: December 6, 2010, 1:34 am - IP Logged

I am guilty of thinking that they will learn if I don't play, or quit going to McDonald's because they have all of those ghetto commercials that seem to be catering to only the hip hop segment of society. I never eat there for that reason, but they still haven't called me up yet to see why I haven't been in for a few years. I guess our few hundreds or thousands of dollars spent there is only a tiny grain of sand in the whole Gulf Of Mexico. Sad to say, they probably don't care if we play.

I actually have some cashiers that have been a little bit of an ass to me, because I take my time buying tickets some of the time, and I study the tickets in great detail. It is like they are like hurry up and get your ticket and get the hell out of here. They like to make excuses like they need to go do some chores, etc. I have worked in retail in a past life, and that is never the way you treat a customer.

This one guy told me that I would win no more than 1 out of the 3 or 4 that I bought, and that it would be no more than $10. I was on a winning streak at that time, so I figured I would scratch them all off to show him he was wrong, but none of them won. I thought they all should have, or at least most of them, especially since I had bought like 5 or 6 in a row and had not won in one book (I think it took 6 or 7), but in the past I had never gone more than 3 without winning.

He said the way to win was to buy multiple tickets from the same book, but I tried explaining to him that if I buy 3 $5 tickets to get an average payout of $15, then I am wasting my time. It is only profitable on a consistent basis if you win more than you pay in. I just cashed in $150 worth of tickets today, but it was at a $17 loss. I don't like it, but I can live with an 11% loss sometimes, and that is better than the average loss of at least 50%. I know it could be a whole lot worse, but I intend on making money, not seeing how many tickets I can win. I study them carefully and take my printouts with the data to the store. I keep an Excel spreadsheet, and I am now keeping the tickets serial number and code on the front, along with the ticket number. Here is an example:

NAME

EA

FULL TICKET

NUM

AMT

RETAILER

DAY

DATE

PRF

SERIAL NUM

VAL

LTR

NOTES

HOLIDAY GIFTS

(5.00)

842-133676-028

$0

BP SHA/GOR

FRI

Friday, December 03, 2010

($5)

6778[222]764

BSG

HOLIDAY GIFTS

(5.00)

842-195317-052

$20

BP ROS/JFR

SAT

Saturday, December 04, 2010

$15

19952[617]31

GFS

$1, $2 WINALL

It is prettier in my Excel spreadsheet, but I had to copy it to Word, then copy it to the forum. I keep track of each and every ticket I play, and I keep all of the losers, and winners some of the time. In case you did not figure it out, the columns from left to right are TICKET NAME, COST EACH, FULL TICKET NUMBER INCLUDING THE BOOK, THREE DIGIT TICKET NUMBER, THE WINNING AMOUNT, $0 IF IT IS A LOSER, THE RETAILER NAME AND LOCATION, THE DAY, THE DAY DATE AND YEAR, THE PROFIT (OR LOSS), THE FULL SERIAL NUMBER FROM THE FRONT OF THE TICKET, THE THREE DIGITS IN THE BOX ARE IN THE BRACKETS IN MY SPREADSHEET, THE THREE LETTERS ON THE FRONT, AND FINALLY, ANY NOTES. I also use the SUM function for each column, and can tell how much I have paid, how much I have won, and the profit/loss. =B2+F2 is in the cell I2, and you just copy and paste down the column; it does the math for you, but sometimes you have to highlight the column and hit the SUM button.

You will have to use the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the page to see the whole spreadsheet in this post.

I have some redundant data, but I do this so I can sort it different ways. For example, I can sort it by day of the week instead of date, and see if I win more on certain days. I can sort it by ticket number to see if certain numbers consistently win or lose in a particular game, over multiple books. I usually have it sorted by retailer, then full ticket number, and finally, date. That allows me to walk into the store and see exactly where I am in the book, what it has done, and where I have been. I have been amazed at the fact that I have found that I do better at certain games, at certain retailers. Sometimes patterns emerge, other times not, but I am left with better than chance odds, and I am certainly going to do better in the long run than someone who buys 5 in a row, has a winner, and throws the losers in the trash. That is a recipe for usually small, one time gains, but never consistent wins, and never a long-term profit.

I love it when someone spends $50 on tickets, wins one for $20, and says see, I told you so. I bought five tickets and won $20. No, you just lost $30 do-do brain. You have to not only count the cost of the losing tickets, but the cost of the winning tickets as well, when you are calculating your profit/loss.

I have single spreadsheets for some tickets (the ones I play the most), and some spreadsheets for each dollar amount, such as $2, $5, $10, and $20. For games that I play a lot, I go even one step further. I keep them in a stack in the order closest to what they should be printed, or at least the full ticket/book number. For example, in this order: Ticket 123-123456-001, 123-123456-002, 123-123457-028, 123489-001, etc. I study the tickets before and after the winners if I have them, along with the winner, if I have it, so I can look for a pattern. I am trying to come up with the algorithm used by the GLC between the winning serial number, and the full ticket number, including the book number.

It does not guarantee that I will win, but it sure helps keep the odds in my favor. If there are 5 bins with the same ticket, it is much easier to keep up with. I know for example that if I go in and see that I just won on the last ticket I bought in that bin, then there is absolutely no reason to play that game, because you are going to lose 99% of the time.

Is it just me, or are consecutive ticket wins, in exact order almost nonexistent? I keep hearing that 2 tickets in a row do happen, but I am not sure that it has ever happened to me.

United States
                        Member #97729
                        September 22, 2010
                        321 Posts
                        Posted: December 6, 2010, 2:12 am - IP Logged

I am going to do exactly that. I will primarily be looking for the ticket numbers, within the same game. I usually avoid the stores with lots of big winners on the wall, because it makes me think that the cashiers are counting the tickets, and buying the winners themselves. How else does that explain a slow gas station having 50 $100 to $500 tickets posted on the wall? Surely not all of the winning customers turn in their tickets where they buy them anyways. Maybe I am being paranoid. Anyone have better or worse luck at such places?

Matt, I have heard you mention that you win mostly at Wegmans, which I guess is a supermarket chain up north? We don't have them here. Anyway, do most of your winners come from machines or cashiers? I do not trust the machines as much, because I feel like some of the more timid players may not want to keep going back to the counter, time after time, so they buy tickets out of the machine one at a time until they win. That and the fact that you cannot tell which ticket number you are going to win. What do you think?

SE PA
                          United States
                          Member #93582
                          July 3, 2010
                          1872 Posts
                          Posted: December 6, 2010, 2:29 am - IP Logged

I am going to do exactly that. I will primarily be looking for the ticket numbers, within the same game. I usually avoid the stores with lots of big winners on the wall, because it makes me think that the cashiers are counting the tickets, and buying the winners themselves. How else does that explain a slow gas station having 50 $100 to $500 tickets posted on the wall? Surely not all of the winning customers turn in their tickets where they buy them anyways. Maybe I am being paranoid. Anyone have better or worse luck at such places?

Matt, I have heard you mention that you win mostly at Wegmans, which I guess is a supermarket chain up north? We don't have them here. Anyway, do most of your winners come from machines or cashiers? I do not trust the machines as much, because I feel like some of the more timid players may not want to keep going back to the counter, time after time, so they buy tickets out of the machine one at a time until they win. That and the fact that you cannot tell which ticket number you are going to win. What do you think?

Overall my best luck is at Giant Supermarkets. But my last two $100s (BWS and Cash Fever) have come from Wegmans. I've been playing the machines, but I also am disturbed by the ticket hawk factor. Problem is, WaWa stores don't carry lotto, so I have to go a bit out of my way to play from the counter.

Nashville, TN
                            United States
                            Member #86739
                            February 9, 2010
                            483 Posts
                            Posted: December 6, 2010, 7:28 am - IP Logged

CarHauler said: "Is it just me, or are consecutive ticket wins, in exact order almost nonexistent? I keep hearing that 2 tickets in a row do happen, but I am not sure that it has ever happened to me."

I think it is just as random as several losing tickets in a row. One time I cashed in a $5 winning 'ticket' winner and the cashier was one of those that said 'you HAVE to buy $5 worth of tickets' as opposed to giving me cash. So I got $5 worth of junior jumbos. All 5 were winnners for a grand total of $7.

Then, a few weeks ago at a Titans game the TN Lottery was set up and had the Titans scratchoff game out and if you bought $10 worth or more you could win a tshirt or something. At first I said no but thought $10 for a tshirt isnt bad so I bought 2.

on the way home I scored my first BACK TO BACK victory -- the first was $20, the 2nd was $25!!! I was elated to say the least. This was the 3rd or 4th time in my life winning that much on scratchers (and the fact that the game tickets were free was the icing on the cake!)

....as for the clerks counting tickets -- that is intereseting you say that. One of the stores in my town that has them on the wall is a tobacco shop that has plenty of room for scraching and LOTS of people come there to do it. The guy has 4 rolls of TN Millinionare ($20) tickets alone and obviously tons of others too. One Milliionare ticket has been sold there, along with several other large prizes. So I know a lot of people stay and scratch there.
                            I did it one time with a $250,000 ($10) game. bought like 7 in a row -- nada. left and got more money, bought about 3 more. Left one more time to the grocery store next door for about 4 minutes. Came back to buy more and this guy behind the counter (the owner of course) shows me that someone walked in, bought 2 of the tickets on that roll and won $30. He showed me the tickets -- they werent even scratched, only the number at the bottom was revealed. I have no doubt that THE OWNER OF THE STORE BOUGHT THESE HIMSELF.

Maybe he thought I wasnt coming back, but i find it hard to belive someone waltzed in and bought those tickets from that roll in that amount of time. Now, there was a man in there that wlaked in while I was playing so he may have got it, but odds are the owner did it.

Not to mention the winner of the Million dollar ticket is 'anonymous' -- i wouldnt be surprised if it was the owner.

BTW Carhauler, the spreadsheet is awesome! I wish i had the time and patience to keep all that info on my tix!

United States
                              Member #97729
                              September 22, 2010
                              321 Posts
                              Posted: December 6, 2010, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

CarHauler said: "Is it just me, or are consecutive ticket wins, in exact order almost nonexistent? I keep hearing that 2 tickets in a row do happen, but I am not sure that it has ever happened to me."

I think it is just as random as several losing tickets in a row. One time I cashed in a $5 winning 'ticket' winner and the cashier was one of those that said 'you HAVE to buy $5 worth of tickets' as opposed to giving me cash. So I got $5 worth of junior jumbos. All 5 were winnners for a grand total of $7.

Then, a few weeks ago at a Titans game the TN Lottery was set up and had the Titans scratchoff game out and if you bought $10 worth or more you could win a tshirt or something. At first I said no but thought $10 for a tshirt isnt bad so I bought 2.

on the way home I scored my first BACK TO BACK victory -- the first was $20, the 2nd was $25!!! I was elated to say the least. This was the 3rd or 4th time in my life winning that much on scratchers (and the fact that the game tickets were free was the icing on the cake!)

....as for the clerks counting tickets -- that is intereseting you say that. One of the stores in my town that has them on the wall is a tobacco shop that has plenty of room for scraching and LOTS of people come there to do it. The guy has 4 rolls of TN Millinionare ($20) tickets alone and obviously tons of others too. One Milliionare ticket has been sold there, along with several other large prizes. So I know a lot of people stay and scratch there.
                              I did it one time with a $250,000 ($10) game. bought like 7 in a row -- nada. left and got more money, bought about 3 more. Left one more time to the grocery store next door for about 4 minutes. Came back to buy more and this guy behind the counter (the owner of course) shows me that someone walked in, bought 2 of the tickets on that roll and won $30. He showed me the tickets -- they werent even scratched, only the number at the bottom was revealed. I have no doubt that THE OWNER OF THE STORE BOUGHT THESE HIMSELF.

Maybe he thought I wasnt coming back, but i find it hard to belive someone waltzed in and bought those tickets from that roll in that amount of time. Now, there was a man in there that wlaked in while I was playing so he may have got it, but odds are the owner did it.

Not to mention the winner of the Million dollar ticket is 'anonymous' -- i wouldnt be surprised if it was the owner.

BTW Carhauler, the spreadsheet is awesome! I wish i had the time and patience to keep all that info on my tix!

If you had kept the winning tickets, or at the very least memorized or written down the ticket numbers, you would have known that the tickets had been played since you left the store. Never be afraid to ask the cashier what the ticket numbers are. I have found that I won on #017 and #007 on a sigle roll, so that would lead me to the conclusion that #12 was most likely a winner as well, and I wish I had bought it. Another thing I have found is that after a big win of at least 3-4 times the value of the ticket, the next winner in the roll is more likely to be just a free ticket, or 2x the value of the ticket.

As far as putting it into Excel, you can do it in your spare time. I keep all of my tickets in envelopes with a beginning date and and ending date such as November 1-November 10, or whatever. Sometimes I will write on the back of the losers, the store and location, and the date. KRO instead of KROGER. SPR/SHA instead of the corner of Sandy Plains Road and Shallowford Road. It makes it much more simple, and I know what I am talking about. You can just enter them into Excel at the end of the day, or whenever is convenient.

This strategy has allowed me to consistently win at much greater than chance odds. If I am very careful, I can win more than 1 out of every 2 tickets that I buy, by figuring out the approximate order of the tickets. I win 3 out of 4 a good portion of the time, assuming I get the timing right. $1 tickets have the worst overall odds of winning, and the worst payout. For me, I have won the most consistently on $5 tickets, and $10 tickets, but you have to be very careful with $10 tickets, because the losses add up fast if you just play them casually.

I will give you an example. Jingle Jumbo Bucks: there is a 1 in 100 chance that you will win $100. Lucky 7's: there is a 1 in 100 chance that you will win $7. So you are paying more for much greater odds of winning a large prize. Try playing $5 tickets for a while. Stick with one or two tickets, and watch them closely.

I am going to start a series that will contain much of the same information I have already put out, but in a more clear and concise format. This will also allow more specific discussion about certain things.