Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A Lotto Expectations

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 6 years ago by RJOh.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

What prize are you expecting to win when you play?

JACKPOT all the way! [ 23 ]  [47.92%]
A 4 Spot (JP games) [ 5 ]  [10.42%]
At least a 3 Spot (JP games) [ 2 ]  [4.17%]
A Pick 3 Straight [ 9 ]  [18.75%]
A Pick 3 Box [ 3 ]  [6.25%]
A Pick 4 Straight [ 1 ]  [2.08%]
A Pick 4 Box [ 1 ]  [2.08%]
Nothing! [ 4 ]  [8.33%]
Total Valid Votes [ 48 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
NoShame's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
Indiana
United States
Member #104853
January 21, 2011
159 Posts
Posted: February 2, 2011, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

Playing the Pick 3 games have become incredibly frustrating for me.  If I'm going to spend so much money just to win one game I would rather it be a major lotto game with a huge prize as opposed to won where I would win only $500.  I feel that throwing away so much money every day on a small prize game is worse than the occasional spending on a major jackpot.

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: February 3, 2011, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

Playing the Pick 3 games have become incredibly frustrating for me.  If I'm going to spend so much money just to win one game I would rather it be a major lotto game with a huge prize as opposed to won where I would win only $500.  I feel that throwing away so much money every day on a small prize game is worse than the occasional spending on a major jackpot.

I don't understand the logic of this. You can't beat a 1000 to 1 for 500 bucks, but you're willing to spend money on millions to one because you'd rather win a huge JP.

99.9% of folks who play for the JP will never win in their lifetime.

I'd rather spend the time in trying to figure out a loophole in the p-3 on a regular basis which is much more realistic and practical.

But at the end, it's your choice. I hope you win the JP........Cheers

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
      Member #52345
      May 21, 2007
      2659 Posts
      Posted: February 6, 2011, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

Roll Eyes just would be happy to get @ least 3  numbers in the jackpot games

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19830 Posts
        Posted: February 6, 2011, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

I don't understand the logic of this. You can't beat a 1000 to 1 for 500 bucks, but you're willing to spend money on millions to one because you'd rather win a huge JP.

99.9% of folks who play for the JP will never win in their lifetime.

I'd rather spend the time in trying to figure out a loophole in the p-3 on a regular basis which is much more realistic and practical.

But at the end, it's your choice. I hope you win the JP........Cheers

Both types of games have unique characteristics, if it was easier to figure out how to get rich playing the pick3 games some one would have already done it.  When dollars spent are compared with dollars won, the games rate about the same (50% of tickets sales are returned in prizes).  If you're playing for enjoyment then either type of game will do, but if you're playing hoping to get rich then it's only the jackpot games.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking