Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Post your scratch ticket results

13599 replies. Last post 7 hours ago by fast eddie.

Page 293 of 907
PrintE-mailLink
San Jose, CA
United States
Member #127272
April 27, 2012
2 Posts
Posted: April 27, 2012, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

Hey everyone...Newbie here, Daily scratcher in San Jose CA. I've been pretty lucky this year. Won $1,000 in October on the "5 times pay" ticket. Yesterday I won $500 On the "250Million" $10 ticket. I play daily, usually spend $20-$40, and win at least $100 once every month or so.  I am addicted to the stupid Bingo tickets, but have never won more than $30 on those. It seems there are certain games here that just don't have any winners in them. And on almost all games, it seems if there is a 5X or 10X multiplier, it is guaranteed to not be a winner.

Olney, MD
    United States
    Member #121536
    January 11, 2012
    450 Posts
    Posted: April 27, 2012, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

I played some tickets at a nearby grocery store I don't normally buy tickets at.  It was pretty bad lol I think I'll avoid that one from now on

$20 Millon Dollar Money Match

3-loser

2-loser

1-loser

1 $20 Cash Spectacular- lost

4 $5 Double Hot Bucks = $5

3 $5 Crossword- all lost

2 $2 X's & O's- lost

2 $3 Bonus 3's-lost

out $120 pwned

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
      Florida
      United States
      Member #104435
      January 14, 2011
      2244 Posts
      Posted: April 27, 2012, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

Bad day today....

Jubilee

023 - $40

026 - $0

Monopoly

033 - $0

032 - $0

031 - $0

030 - $20

LFL 

044 - $0

043 - $0

042 - $0

041 - $0

040 - $0

039 - $20

038 - $0

2014 Highest Winner: $500

Olney, MD
        United States
        Member #121536
        January 11, 2012
        450 Posts
        Posted: April 27, 2012, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

That's too bad James those sound like my results lately.  I'll buy like 5-6 tickets and lose and look at the back and the odds will be stated as like 1:2.6.  They post the remaining prizes in Maryland online but I wish they would print how many losing tickets to verify the odds are correct.

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
          Florida
          United States
          Member #104435
          January 14, 2011
          2244 Posts
          Posted: April 27, 2012, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

That's too bad James those sound like my results lately.  I'll buy like 5-6 tickets and lose and look at the back and the odds will be stated as like 1:2.6.  They post the remaining prizes in Maryland online but I wish they would print how many losing tickets to verify the odds are correct.

Unfortunately I rarely hit a good ticket on the first buy. the last week ive crawled out of being $200-300 down on the day to a $50-100 profit 3 times. Imagine if i hit the $100s $200s FIRST and not get any losers. Then id have $300 profits each of those times !

2014 Highest Winner: $500

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #74096
            May 2, 2009
            22840 Posts
            Posted: April 28, 2012, 12:16 am - IP Logged

Pfftt...I've had the odds explained to me once by some lottery employee. As soon as I read through it

I thought yeah, yeah, typical lottery double-speak and smoke and mirror tactics. They talk in circles so

I can't help think they do things the same way. They're posting odds out of the whole printing. That's,

here in PA anyway, 6 to 7 million tickets per game. Sad state of affairs when you have odds of 1:3.1

and the lottery is sitting back laughing at the people who believe that by buying 3 tickets, you win on

one.

This 'lottery person' told me that nearly 1 in 4 to 1 in 5 tickets win a prize...lmao! Ok.

I'm looking forward to the day where the odds will be 1 in 7 and they are advertising like it's as easy to

win as hitting the broadside of a barn with a spitball.

Luffy's avatar - Buggy mouth_closed.jpg
              NC
              United States
              Member #123257
              February 17, 2012
              19 Posts
              Posted: April 28, 2012, 3:18 am - IP Logged

The odds that are posted on the tickets are nothing more than assurances to the people who believe they can win if they just one more.

The only odds you need to worry about are the odds of the roll of tickets being a dud or not.

That being said, I bought 5 $2 tickets. Three of them were winners for $2 a piece.

Mass
                United States
                Member #68073
                December 12, 2008
                217 Posts
                Posted: April 28, 2012, 8:36 am - IP Logged

Pfftt...I've had the odds explained to me once by some lottery employee. As soon as I read through it

I thought yeah, yeah, typical lottery double-speak and smoke and mirror tactics. They talk in circles so

I can't help think they do things the same way. They're posting odds out of the whole printing. That's,

here in PA anyway, 6 to 7 million tickets per game. Sad state of affairs when you have odds of 1:3.1

and the lottery is sitting back laughing at the people who believe that by buying 3 tickets, you win on

one.

This 'lottery person' told me that nearly 1 in 4 to 1 in 5 tickets win a prize...lmao! Ok.

I'm looking forward to the day where the odds will be 1 in 7 and they are advertising like it's as easy to

win as hitting the broadside of a barn with a spitball.

It amuses me to see so many regular players griping about the "odds". The lottery is designed to make a profit and hopefully whatever state you resdie in is using those profits to better the roads, schools or whatever. Overall odds are just that, overall as in over all of  the entire print of tickets. If distribution of winners was predictable it would be awesome but it is not gonna happen. It is random as evidenced by the many posts here with folks winning on 4-5 tickets in a row and losing on as many as 10-12 in a row.

IMHO, there are many ways to increase your chance of winning, from knowing what top prizes are still available to glancing in the trash receptacles of stores to see who did you the favor of weeding out the losers in a particular game and also being friendly with the store clerks who can often steer you to a roll that's due or steer you away from a roll that had a recent hit.

Most often though it comes down to being in the right place at the right time. Recently I witnessed a woman who was in line in front of me purchase the ticket I was waiting to buy. She hit $2000 on it. 30 seconds late. Later that week I walked into a store and purchased a ticket from a roll that I had been picking away at (over the course of a week), and I hit for $2000. Perfect timing!

Spin

Olney, MD
                  United States
                  Member #121536
                  January 11, 2012
                  450 Posts
                  Posted: April 28, 2012, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

For the most part the odds seem pretty consistent.  Maybe it's just that when you run cold on the $20 tickets it bleeds you much more than when you lose on $5 tickets so the loss stands out more.

Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #74096
                    May 2, 2009
                    22840 Posts
                    Posted: April 28, 2012, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

I got in right before the hawk today and scooped up a $10 Diamonds and 7's ticket #049 for $1,000 today!!

It had a 7 in a diamond symbol yay - love the symbols.

I'll put a pic up later on in the other thread.

Hyper

LA CA
                      United States
                      Member #118691
                      November 6, 2011
                      416 Posts
                      Posted: April 28, 2012, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

Hey everyone...Newbie here, Daily scratcher in San Jose CA. I've been pretty lucky this year. Won $1,000 in October on the "5 times pay" ticket. Yesterday I won $500 On the "250Million" $10 ticket. I play daily, usually spend $20-$40, and win at least $100 once every month or so.  I am addicted to the stupid Bingo tickets, but have never won more than $30 on those. It seems there are certain games here that just don't have any winners in them. And on almost all games, it seems if there is a 5X or 10X multiplier, it is guaranteed to not be a winner.

Welcome to LP ! I am from the LA area. So you play $20 - $30 everyday and win at least $100 a month ? Isn't that a big loss for you or did I miss your point?

Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #74096
                        May 2, 2009
                        22840 Posts
                        Posted: April 28, 2012, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

It amuses me to see so many regular players griping about the "odds". The lottery is designed to make a profit and hopefully whatever state you resdie in is using those profits to better the roads, schools or whatever. Overall odds are just that, overall as in over all of  the entire print of tickets. If distribution of winners was predictable it would be awesome but it is not gonna happen. It is random as evidenced by the many posts here with folks winning on 4-5 tickets in a row and losing on as many as 10-12 in a row.

IMHO, there are many ways to increase your chance of winning, from knowing what top prizes are still available to glancing in the trash receptacles of stores to see who did you the favor of weeding out the losers in a particular game and also being friendly with the store clerks who can often steer you to a roll that's due or steer you away from a roll that had a recent hit.

Most often though it comes down to being in the right place at the right time. Recently I witnessed a woman who was in line in front of me purchase the ticket I was waiting to buy. She hit $2000 on it. 30 seconds late. Later that week I walked into a store and purchased a ticket from a roll that I had been picking away at (over the course of a week), and I hit for $2000. Perfect timing!

Spin

That post was in response to MDguy's post about 1 in 2.1 or so odds....which by the way are pretty good. If you play, you have

to understand the odds. They're not to be taken as for every 4 tickets you buy on a ticket with odds listed as 1 in 4 that you'll win.

It's the total odds for the entire printing.

It's not griping about the odds themselves. The gripe is about how they use the odds figures to their advantage and mislead people

who actually believe that if they buy 4, they'll win on one. That is NOT the way it goes.

I fully agree with your statement about right place right time. I'm not interested in odds when all it takes is buying 1 or 2 from a bin

or counter and coming out with $100 or $1,000. I'm more interested in what my random purchases are bringing me than any stupid

odds listing.

Olney, MD
                          United States
                          Member #121536
                          January 11, 2012
                          450 Posts
                          Posted: April 28, 2012, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

Wow that is a great win dr65!  Did you just buy 1 ticket off the roll?

Mass
                            United States
                            Member #68073
                            December 12, 2008
                            217 Posts
                            Posted: April 28, 2012, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

That post was in response to MDguy's post about 1 in 2.1 or so odds....which by the way are pretty good. If you play, you have

to understand the odds. They're not to be taken as for every 4 tickets you buy on a ticket with odds listed as 1 in 4 that you'll win.

It's the total odds for the entire printing.

It's not griping about the odds themselves. The gripe is about how they use the odds figures to their advantage and mislead people

who actually believe that if they buy 4, they'll win on one. That is NOT the way it goes.

I fully agree with your statement about right place right time. I'm not interested in odds when all it takes is buying 1 or 2 from a bin

or counter and coming out with $100 or $1,000. I'm more interested in what my random purchases are bringing me than any stupid

odds listing.

Sounds like you were in the right place at the right time today! Congrats on the 1K hit!

LA CA
                              United States
                              Member #118691
                              November 6, 2011
                              416 Posts
                              Posted: April 28, 2012, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Got 2 $10 $250M spectacular CA scratcher and both losers .. Down $20 for the day..

Page 293 of 907