Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Post your scratch ticket results

13694 replies. Last post 2 days ago by Dragonsofra.

Page 740 of 913
PrintE-mailLink
SE PA
United States
Member #93582
July 3, 2010
1873 Posts
Posted: September 7, 2014, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Congrats!

Boy I can not stand Golden Ticket. Should have kept my $50 but had to blow it on 2 losers and also 2 Win It All losers. Winners were just not there last night.

Only spent $5 today and won $25 on $3 Winning Combinations. Also earlier had a $10 win on it. Except for one of those Golden Tickets, have been winning in Phoenixville lately. Not so much in my Limerick area.

Now I am putting this $25 in the bank.

Georgia
    United States
    Member #158146
    August 13, 2014
    76 Posts
    Posted: September 8, 2014, 11:16 am - IP Logged

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum. Although, I enjoy reading past posts, I think it will take me a few days to get through all these pages, so I decided to get to the point of what I am looking for. Has anyone posted an actual picture of a  jackpot ticket from Georgia? I'm planning to get a few $20 and $10 tickets this week. I want to start low with about $200. 

If I can win that back and hopefully a little more if I don't hit the jackpot, I'll reinvest the same amount in a different set of tickets at a different location. I don't know if any of you have a strategy but I have come to think, major jackpots like $1 million and up aren't found in poverty stricken neighborhoods. I am shooting for the big one.

I've seen a $50k and a $20k ticket sold at Kroger and Publix grocery stores next door to where I live. Both within a 5 mile radius of each other this year. This was about a 5 month space when the tickets were sold. One was a $20 ticket and the other was a $10 dollar ticket. 

I guess I am curious if someone bought a book, with a jackpot ticket in it, what was the sequence of numbers? Was there a winner before or after the jackpot ticket? How many winners were in a book with a jackpot ticket? If no one has experienced it personally, do you know of any stories? I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #74096
      May 2, 2009
      23243 Posts
      Posted: September 8, 2014, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum. Although, I enjoy reading past posts, I think it will take me a few days to get through all these pages, so I decided to get to the point of what I am looking for. Has anyone posted an actual picture of a  jackpot ticket from Georgia? I'm planning to get a few $20 and $10 tickets this week. I want to start low with about $200. 

If I can win that back and hopefully a little more if I don't hit the jackpot, I'll reinvest the same amount in a different set of tickets at a different location. I don't know if any of you have a strategy but I have come to think, major jackpots like $1 million and up aren't found in poverty stricken neighborhoods. I am shooting for the big one.

I've seen a $50k and a $20k ticket sold at Kroger and Publix grocery stores next door to where I live. Both within a 5 mile radius of each other this year. This was about a 5 month space when the tickets were sold. One was a $20 ticket and the other was a $10 dollar ticket. 

I guess I am curious if someone bought a book, with a jackpot ticket in it, what was the sequence of numbers? Was there a winner before or after the jackpot ticket? How many winners were in a book with a jackpot ticket? If no one has experienced it personally, do you know of any stories? I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks

luckyladie, first welcome to the thread. Second, keep a level head about your purchases and always remember the

ratio of losers to winners. The 'big one' can go anywhere but in a printing of 6 to 7 million with only 4 or 5 top prizes

it's always good to dream but stay realistic about winning the top prize. I don't play books and sorry can't help you

there but just thought I'd bring up the rotten ratio reality. Big Smile 

I wish you good luck and hope you win big!

357 369

Pittsburgh
        United States
        Member #130933
        July 28, 2012
        249 Posts
        Posted: September 8, 2014, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

In tennesee on vacation. Playing a few Tennessee scratchoffs. Not much luck here either,

SARASOTA, FL
          United States
          Member #95778
          August 17, 2010
          1110 Posts
          Posted: September 8, 2014, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

GO TO FLORIDA SCRATCH SCRATCH OFFS AND SEE "DUCKMANS" $100,000 GOLD RUSH WINNER !!!!!!!!

Georgia
            United States
            Member #158146
            August 13, 2014
            76 Posts
            Posted: September 8, 2014, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

Thanks! I try not to over exaggerate. I like playing for fun but there is nothing fun about losing money. I have seen a little money come my way from just playing on a whim. I think there is something to it but who knows. Today might be the day. :-)

PA
              United States
              Member #129849
              June 29, 2012
              314 Posts
              Posted: September 9, 2014, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

Hello everyone,

Thanks

Hey luckyladie,

As far as a "strategy" goes, the only one I employ is to make sure I'm never gambling more than I can afford to lose. Some people feel that particular number ranges are better than others, they feel that buying certain amounts have better odds, buying at certain times of the day or even as you mention certain locations might be "luckier" than others.

The advice that I can give you is that the winners really do seem to be distributed randomly, there are no hard evidences otherwise that can't be explained in other perfectly reasonable terms. For example, many people argue that certain major or larger cities get more big winners or that the genreal "wealth" of the area determines if they get big winners or not. You've even eluded to this yourself. But if you think about it, larger cities have many more people living in them and traveling to them. More players = higher volume of tickets. Same thing for richer areas.... more folks with more money means more tickets being sold. It's a game of numbers, the more you play the more of a "chance" you have of winning. It's like an old saying "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take".... so in this case if you take an abusrd number of shots your chances get better and better that even just one might be successful for you.

To add to that, I live in a small town with a population of less than 2000 people. The town itself sits on less that three or four square miles. We've had two or three 100K winners, two 250K winners, a 300K winner and a 30K winner in the last few years. These are at stores that I go to almost daily, stores that might only sell a book or two of a particular game per week. But we still produce this winners... just backs up my logic that it really is luck of the draw.

Please do not feel discouraged to search for that big winner, duckman put a $20 in the machine and walked away $100,000 richer just recently. It can happen to anyone, but please remember that the odds are way against you. I think it's always a good idea to stick to only playing what you can afford to lose.

Georgia
                United States
                Member #158146
                August 13, 2014
                76 Posts
                Posted: September 9, 2014, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

That sounds like really good advice. I'm definitely going to take whatever I can get. :-)

SE PA
                  United States
                  Member #93582
                  July 3, 2010
                  1873 Posts
                  Posted: September 9, 2014, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

Hey luckyladie,

As far as a "strategy" goes, the only one I employ is to make sure I'm never gambling more than I can afford to lose. Some people feel that particular number ranges are better than others, they feel that buying certain amounts have better odds, buying at certain times of the day or even as you mention certain locations might be "luckier" than others.

The advice that I can give you is that the winners really do seem to be distributed randomly, there are no hard evidences otherwise that can't be explained in other perfectly reasonable terms. For example, many people argue that certain major or larger cities get more big winners or that the genreal "wealth" of the area determines if they get big winners or not. You've even eluded to this yourself. But if you think about it, larger cities have many more people living in them and traveling to them. More players = higher volume of tickets. Same thing for richer areas.... more folks with more money means more tickets being sold. It's a game of numbers, the more you play the more of a "chance" you have of winning. It's like an old saying "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take".... so in this case if you take an abusrd number of shots your chances get better and better that even just one might be successful for you.

To add to that, I live in a small town with a population of less than 2000 people. The town itself sits on less that three or four square miles. We've had two or three 100K winners, two 250K winners, a 300K winner and a 30K winner in the last few years. These are at stores that I go to almost daily, stores that might only sell a book or two of a particular game per week. But we still produce this winners... just backs up my logic that it really is luck of the draw.

Please do not feel discouraged to search for that big winner, duckman put a $20 in the machine and walked away $100,000 richer just recently. It can happen to anyone, but please remember that the odds are way against you. I think it's always a good idea to stick to only playing what you can afford to lose.

That's good advice about how much to play. I want to save up so haven't been playing the last couple days. As far as lucky areas, I am not sure it is by size either. But certain stores do seem to produce more winners it seems. At least for me, none of my regular places has been great and a couple are really bad. Certain times of day may be better based on a store's traffic.

SE PA
                    United States
                    Member #93582
                    July 3, 2010
                    1873 Posts
                    Posted: September 10, 2014, 12:52 am - IP Logged

Got a $20 Multiplier from Wawa that won $100 - last ticket #029. Seems I do better when I avoid Golden Ticket. 

Wasn't going to play today but took a chance.

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                      Upacreek
                      United States
                      Member #136306
                      December 8, 2012
                      431 Posts
                      Posted: September 10, 2014, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

That sounds like really good advice. I'm definitely going to take whatever I can get. :-)

Folks here know a heck a lot more than me, but for what it's worth...

You may hit it on the first $10/$20 scratcher you buy and if so- good for you!

However, if you haven't played scratchers much, brace yourself- $200 probably won't last long.

Folks here who post lots of tall winners also spend a whole lot in losers to get there.

My best advice to you is if you haven't dabbled in scratchers very much, then don't start as they can suck you dry if you let em.

-RC

Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #158146
                        August 13, 2014
                        76 Posts
                        Posted: September 10, 2014, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

Folks here know a heck a lot more than me, but for what it's worth...

You may hit it on the first $10/$20 scratcher you buy and if so- good for you!

However, if you haven't played scratchers much, brace yourself- $200 probably won't last long.

Folks here who post lots of tall winners also spend a whole lot in losers to get there.

My best advice to you is if you haven't dabbled in scratchers very much, then don't start as they can suck you dry if you let em.

Good thinking! I have been playing for about 3 or 4 years but I used to only play periodically. I was too afraid to lose big. But now, Idon't like losing at all, if possible. That's why I started to pay attention to the games, odds, and where the winners are. Here in Ga., I have seen stores with winning tickets from all places. Some stores that have heavy traffic don't necessarily have huge jackpot winners unless its from the draws. Like duckman, that ticket can be anywhere and even more strangely, in the least of places you would expect.

United States
                          Member #136265
                          December 7, 2012
                          489 Posts
                          Posted: September 10, 2014, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

I always buy 1.00 tickets if I hit any amount I keep playing up until I run dry. Here's the key for me. you have to remember on the 1.00 you will hit most of the time with 5 tickets or less. if your lucky you will win more then it cost. some times it's only 1.00 then I leave that machine. it's just the way I do it. like today I played lucky 7 on the 5th ticket I won 14.00 then jumped to the 5.00 game lost. Played the new hit game for 3.00 2 times lost played a 1.00 game lost went home, Had about 20 mins of fun for under 5.00. that's how i roll. still can't buy the 20.00 and up, one of these days.  Scratch ON MY Friends

GO RED WINGS

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                            Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #74096
                            May 2, 2009
                            23243 Posts
                            Posted: September 11, 2014, 2:13 am - IP Logged

This is ticking me off...I've got 4 tickets to post that I said I would and can't download squat. I guess Todd will be

along telling me I should have emailed him but I did on the renew membership glitch...it is a glitch, I DON'T HAVE

THE BUTTONS I NEED SHOWING UP AS CLICKABLE there either...DO I need to use CHROME????

Well, when I figure it out is when I'll post my wins.

357 369

SE PA
                              United States
                              Member #93582
                              July 3, 2010
                              1873 Posts
                              Posted: September 11, 2014, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

This is ticking me off...I've got 4 tickets to post that I said I would and can't download squat. I guess Todd will be

along telling me I should have emailed him but I did on the renew membership glitch...it is a glitch, I DON'T HAVE

THE BUTTONS I NEED SHOWING UP AS CLICKABLE there either...DO I need to use CHROME????

Well, when I figure it out is when I'll post my wins.

Hi dr! I am using Safari on iPad and I see the buttons right below the quoted text box. Hope you get it solved! Your winners are always inspiring. 

Did not play yesterday

Page 740 of 913