Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Let this be a lesson for you!

Topic closed. 43 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Hermanus104.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #74096
May 2, 2009
22897 Posts
Posted: January 25, 2011, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

Yep I agree. No matter how bad you got it someone else has got it worse.

Very nice sully, I like this. I Agree!

TigerAngel's avatar - tiger andfairy.jpg
    california
    United States
    Member #23475
    October 13, 2005
    659 Posts
    Posted: January 25, 2011, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

I've learned the hard way to always buy the mistake ticket on lotto whether it's the clerk's mistake or my mistake. I even posted about it here. Now I will add this to remember. . . if I go to buy 2 scratchers and the clerk says there's 3 left, do I want all 3, I will know what to do, buy 'em!!

Sorry for your loss. But posting it here helps us all to learn and that's a good thing! I doubt you will ever make that mistake again!

May good luck rain down on you now!!!

Blue Angel  "if you can hold it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand"

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
      The Ville, FL
      United States
      Member #95879
      August 19, 2010
      1708 Posts
      Posted: January 25, 2011, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

Artemis - keep your head up. Ive been there (kinda)....You will get it one day.

If it makes you feel any better, here is a story of a similiar situation that happened to me. I remember it like it was yesterday even though it happened in 2009. I was playing the FL Fantasy 5 every day religiously - the same 3 sets of #s daily. There was 1 week that I did NOT play. During that week my wife and I were up at our local grocery store and I was buying a scratch off. I happened to pick up the previous nights #s for Fantasy 5. I couldnt believe my eyes. My #s that I had been playing for the last year came up!

It was on 11/1/2009 the #s were 6-9-11-14-34 which consists of me and my wifes Bday's and her lucky # 34....I was extremely upset. I know the feeling and it sux.... The jackpot that night was $173,209.40 with 1 winner....If I had played it would have been $86,604.70 thast I would have won...Tomorrow is another day!

You will get it one day just keep trying and good luck to you!

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #99032
        October 18, 2010
        1439 Posts
        Posted: January 25, 2011, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

That's really interesting, you not only wrote down the winning numbers but wrote them down in their sorted order.  Had you ever done that before?  Were those numbers special to you?  I've written down 4-19 and 419 often myself because they are my birth date and area code.   Often when I use my lottery program to pick numbers and its RNG needs a seed number I enter 419.

Well, I had a couple quick picks.  I liked the way a few numbers in it looked, and circled those.  I wrote those down and through in the 26 (I was born on the 26th).  The reason they were in order was because I was in the store, about to place the bet, when a bunch of people came in (and some of them had long lists) and my friend was waiting for me.

Trust me, I tried again after that, to little success.  It was just a one in a million (well more like 4 million) chance that occured, and had I put down that bet, I would have been soooo happy. I would have actually had a 1 in 46 chance at Jackpot, since I hadn't picked a mega ball- although I was leaning towards 41.  (Came out as 14)

BUT, the way I like to think about just so I don't feel bad is that had I picked those numbers, fate probably would have thrown other balls out.  Or whatever, it would have been really nice, but hey, I didn't make the wager when I had the chance.

GEORGIA
          United States
          Member #64238
          August 22, 2008
          9534 Posts
          Posted: January 25, 2011, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

Artemis - keep your head up. Ive been there (kinda)....You will get it one day.

If it makes you feel any better, here is a story of a similiar situation that happened to me. I remember it like it was yesterday even though it happened in 2009. I was playing the FL Fantasy 5 every day religiously - the same 3 sets of #s daily. There was 1 week that I did NOT play. During that week my wife and I were up at our local grocery store and I was buying a scratch off. I happened to pick up the previous nights #s for Fantasy 5. I couldnt believe my eyes. My #s that I had been playing for the last year came up!

It was on 11/1/2009 the #s were 6-9-11-14-34 which consists of me and my wifes Bday's and her lucky # 34....I was extremely upset. I know the feeling and it sux.... The jackpot that night was $173,209.40 with 1 winner....If I had played it would have been $86,604.70 thast I would have won...Tomorrow is another day!

You will get it one day just keep trying and good luck to you!

I feel your pain.  When I was living in Oklahoma before they got a lottery, we had to go across the bridge to Witchita
          Falls to play the Texas lottery.  Running late, I forgot to get my baby sister numbers to play.  Once there while my older sister was playing her numbers, I told her I was going to call our sister at home to get her numbers (we played each other number and took turns going to Texas).  On my was to the phone ther was a ticket on the floor that caught my eye. It was a ticket someone played in the previous draw.  The unique thing about this ticket is there were three sets of numbers and they all had the first three numbers.  The last three numbers were something like 33,35,36 or 31,32,37 or 36,37,39.  I told my sister I was going to play those numbers.  I put the ticket in my pocket and call my sister and were coloring in her numbers that she wanted to play.  The manager call on the loud speaker and announce that the store was closing and all customers needed to bring all purchasing to the front of the store because the store will be closing in 5 minutes.  There was about 4 or 5 people already in the lotto line and they had a list of numbers to play.  I took out my list from my purse to color in and by then I was being rushed by the manager to hurry up the store was now closed.  I managed to get all my numbers from the list played.  By the time we got back home the numbers had already been drawn.  I went to my sisters house to give her her tickets and my brother-in=law came to the door.  I said what were the numbers.  He rattled off the numbers and yes you guessed it, I immediately pulled the ticket out of my pocket and showed it to him and he said Jackie you won.  I said look at the date of the ticket.  My entire body got numb.  I was so sick I started vomiting.  The next drawing was up to 52 million and someone won it.  Since i've been in Georgia, I rarely play the fantasy 5, mega million.  If I do I only play one ticket each.  My son-in-law told me no more than I play, whatever numbers I play on the fantasy five that I should play the same numbers on the mega million.  This was before the power ball came into play.  This particular time I played a set of numbers on the fantasy five and played a set of numbers on the mega million.  To make a long story short, the numbers that I played came out in the mega million (every last one of them).  Instantly I thought of what my son-in-law suggested to me.  I could have had $250,000.  There again I was sick as a dog.  BUT THEY SAY THE THIRD TIME IS A CHARM.  i'M WAITING PATIENTLY.

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
            Member #88435
            March 16, 2010
            397 Posts
            Posted: January 25, 2011, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

This is why I don't get scratchers. Confused

Always buy the ticket!  Thumbs Up

$1,000,000

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40422 Posts
              Posted: January 25, 2011, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

Very nice sully, I like this. I Agree!

Thanks dr65,

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
                Member #93947
                July 10, 2010
                2180 Posts
                Posted: January 26, 2011, 12:22 am - IP Logged

My own post earlier in this thread, and others I've been reading here, caused me to have this thought:

Maybe a contributing factor to all the strife in the world is the fact that for every happy lottery winner there are TWO VERY unhappy lottery losers, the one in front of the winner in line, and the one behind!  Smiley

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                  Chicago
                  United States
                  Member #70678
                  February 8, 2009
                  889 Posts
                  Posted: January 26, 2011, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

1.  In response to your experience, all I can say is.....Bang Head......Thud......Puke

2. How did you get the a word through the sensor?  Big Grin

3. How does a horse sound when getting goosed???  LOL   ROFL  Green laugh

I need to know so I can practice for my jackpot win...............ROFL

Now stop kicking yourself, remember you are only human, and start having fun again..............  Party

OMG this is too funny!!!!!!!

If it were me......... I would have done the same thing (only purchased the 2 tickets) Worse yet when I buy lottery tickets I only take the amount of money I'm planning on spending so buying the 3rd ticket wouldn't have been an option. I don't think I would sleep well. Oh and I would GRRRRRR alot! : )

Win some.......lose a whole lot more! I guess it's just part of the game!

Just get me thru this so called life......

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                    adelaide sa
                    Australia
                    Member #37136
                    April 11, 2006
                    3300 Posts
                    Posted: January 26, 2011, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

so one lesson i have learned form this post.

there are more people who should have won  and can kick themselves , than actually won. or do we not have any winners announce their win on here? cuz in this 1 thread we have about half a mill of almost wons.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Artemis's avatar - Alice
                      New England
                      United States
                      Member #100508
                      November 13, 2010
                      96 Posts
                      Posted: January 27, 2011, 4:13 am - IP Logged

1.  In response to your experience, all I can say is.....Bang Head......Thud......Puke

2. How did you get the a word through the sensor?  Big Grin

3. How does a horse sound when getting goosed???  LOL   ROFL  Green laugh

I need to know so I can practice for my jackpot win...............ROFL

Now stop kicking yourself, remember you are only human, and start having fun again..............  Party

To answer your #3, think of the noise Jim Carrey makes in "Dumb & Dumber" LOL

Artemis's avatar - Alice
                        New England
                        United States
                        Member #100508
                        November 13, 2010
                        96 Posts
                        Posted: January 27, 2011, 4:17 am - IP Logged

Artemis, Was that on the Seasons Greetings game? I hope you win a much bigger prize someday, keep trying. If I had won that and knew someone almost had that ticket too I would have felt bad for them not winning and I would give them something.  I always think when I win, if its at a store where everyone is nice I would share some with them.   Thanks for the story, could happen to anyone and you know most people never know a winning ticket occured just before or after them.

At first when I heard the story I was thinking that I've seen people scratch and yell out but then look again and they really didn't have the winner but it sounds like your fella there did catch one.

Yep, It was Seasons Greetings! I've been chasing that one, and RI Black since they came out. I think I'm gaining on them lol

sully16's avatar - sharan
                          Ringleader
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          40422 Posts
                          Posted: January 27, 2011, 6:30 am - IP Logged

To answer your #3, think of the noise Jim Carrey makes in "Dumb & Dumber" LOL

LOL I agree

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                            Northern Virginia
                            United States
                            Member #83350
                            December 5, 2009
                            1315 Posts
                            Posted: January 29, 2011, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

I missed winning $500 in the Pick-3 once because I forgot to play the numbers that I wanted to play. I had predicted several months in advance that 104 would fall for the night draw on March 29, 2005. That day came around, I forgot my prediction, and 104 fell for the night draw!

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!