Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery is fun to play when...

Topic closed. 114 replies. Last post 6 years ago by joker17.

Page 1 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
Entertaiment Capital
United States
Member #37800
April 19, 2006
302 Posts
Posted: January 26, 2011, 3:15 am - IP Logged

...when you have a relatively low expectation.

I used to want to win hundreds of millions of dollars. Now I simply want to nab a couple of millions. Well, that's still a lot. But most people in the world will never be able to touch such amount of money, right? Now I am going through a process to launch my career after I managed to earn my BFA at a Cal State university. I was obsessed with lottery because I had little confidence in my future career. (who doesn't?) Of course I still want to win. But I don't need to win a nine-figure prize. I just need a little boost. Just a little.

Of course many of you think that way.

Honestly, I rarely play scratch games because it costs more. I don't spend anymore than $2 per a jackpot game because I have two sets of dream numbers. (yep, saw them in my dreams.) Some really juicy scratch games are $5 per play. That's too much. The odds are not much better than jackpot games. I gave up that Set For Life games in CA Lottery because I realized that. Beside, I have the dream numbers. :)

For just one dollar you buy a dream from a jackpot game. And that should be enough. Still I remember that old article from Maxim magazine back in 2005. So many people see the lottery as the ultimate escape from the rat race. So many of them. And I used to be, or still am, one of them. Play it for fun. Nothing more. If I remember correctly, a novel by George Orwell mentions a lottery game that citizens cling for.

Now I learned to play the lottery for fun. When I play, I try not to expect to win. I am buying a dream. A piece of imagnation that boosts your endorphine level. That should be good enough for me.

Those self-proclaimed American patriots are nothing but ignorant xenophobic jingoists. A real patriot is a conversationalist, not a pitbull.

Jordans121's avatar - nw bookeep.jpg

United States
    Member #69169
    January 5, 2009
    2122 Posts
    Posted: January 26, 2011, 3:18 am - IP Logged

...when you have a relatively low expectation.

I used to want to win hundreds of millions of dollars. Now I simply want to nab a couple of millions. Well, that's still a lot. But most people in the world will never be able to touch such amount of money, right? Now I am going through a process to launch my career after I managed to earn my BFA at a Cal State university. I was obsessed with lottery because I had little confidence in my future career. (who doesn't?) Of course I still want to win. But I don't need to win a nine-figure prize. I just need a little boost. Just a little.

Of course many of you think that way.

Honestly, I rarely play scratch games because it costs more. I don't spend anymore than $2 per a jackpot game because I have two sets of dream numbers. (yep, saw them in my dreams.) Some really juicy scratch games are $5 per play. That's too much. The odds are not much better than jackpot games. I gave up that Set For Life games in CA Lottery because I realized that. Beside, I have the dream numbers. :)

For just one dollar you buy a dream from a jackpot game. And that should be enough. Still I remember that old article from Maxim magazine back in 2005. So many people see the lottery as the ultimate escape from the rat race. So many of them. And I used to be, or still am, one of them. Play it for fun. Nothing more. If I remember correctly, a novel by George Orwell mentions a lottery game that citizens cling for.

Now I learned to play the lottery for fun. When I play, I try not to expect to win. I am buying a dream. A piece of imagnation that boosts your endorphine level. That should be good enough for me.

Thats really sad. You try to not expect a win. You are buying a dream.

"Many Strategies|One Game"

Entertaiment Capital
      United States
      Member #37800
      April 19, 2006
      302 Posts
      Posted: January 26, 2011, 3:24 am - IP Logged

What's wrong with that? Now I play it strictly for fun. If I ever win, that would be great. But I won't hold my breath for it.

United States
        Member #69169
        January 5, 2009
        2122 Posts
        Posted: January 26, 2011, 3:27 am - IP Logged

What's wrong with that? Now I play it strictly for fun. If I ever win, that would be great. But I won't hold my breath for it.

I understand but why not play other games that will have a better chance at winning. doest make alot of sense to me

Entertaiment Capital
          United States
          Member #37800
          April 19, 2006
          302 Posts
          Posted: January 26, 2011, 3:30 am - IP Logged

I understand but why not play other games that will have a better chance at winning. doest make alot of sense to me

Oh, trust me. In reality they don't have the better chance at winning. And they cost more per game.

Those self-proclaimed American patriots are nothing but ignorant xenophobic jingoists. A real patriot is a conversationalist, not a pitbull.

United States
            Member #69169
            January 5, 2009
            2122 Posts
            Posted: January 26, 2011, 3:33 am - IP Logged

Oh, trust me. In reality they don't have the better chance at winning. And they cost more per game.

I play pick 3 and mostly pick 4. Trust me. I dont play blind like 90 percent of players here on LP. I win alot.

Entertaiment Capital
              United States
              Member #37800
              April 19, 2006
              302 Posts
              Posted: January 26, 2011, 3:35 am - IP Logged

I can understand that. But Pick 3-like games are not much fun.  And I didn't dream just three numbers in my dream! :D

United States
                Member #69169
                January 5, 2009
                2122 Posts
                Posted: January 26, 2011, 3:39 am - IP Logged

lol. Whats fun about playing numbers and never winning?

Entertaiment Capital
                  United States
                  Member #37800
                  April 19, 2006
                  302 Posts
                  Posted: January 26, 2011, 3:44 am - IP Logged

lol. Whats fun about playing numbers and never winning?

Right...But winning a jackpot is statistically impossble so I don't expect it. Or I try not to.

Off to bed. Ta ta.

United States
                    Member #69169
                    January 5, 2009
                    2122 Posts
                    Posted: January 26, 2011, 3:49 am - IP Logged

Right...But winning a jackpot is statistically impossble so I don't expect it. Or I try not to.

Off to bed. Ta ta.

Take care buddy

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                      Oklahoma
                      United States
                      Member #82391
                      November 12, 2009
                      6290 Posts
                      Posted: January 26, 2011, 10:07 am - IP Logged

Playing the Lottery for fun is how it should be........ but I do understand that some people have a hard time differentiating between the two.....

United States
                        Member #75358
                        June 1, 2009
                        5345 Posts
                        Posted: January 26, 2011, 11:11 am - IP Logged

I think he's just being realistic. A dollar and a dream. That's all it takes. If it's your time to win, it won't matter If you buy one ticket or a hundred. Buying a hundred tickets won't improve your chances a whole lot. In Florida, the Lotto game is over 20 million to one. A hundred tickets ain't gonna make a dent.

99% of folks who play the lottery will never win in their lifetime. That's why I only buy one or two tix tops.....

And the PB....you might as well take the 10 bucks and throw it in a bonfire.....195 million to one....Ya...OK...I'm gonna win that one....Crazy

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
                          Denver, Co
                          United States
                          Member #103046
                          December 29, 2010
                          546 Posts
                          Posted: January 26, 2011, 11:14 am - IP Logged

To the OP: I do agree with you with one exception...anyone who joins a lottery forum and spends time posting on it is taking it a little more seriously than just fun.

Cheers and good luck....Banana

United States
                            Member #75358
                            June 1, 2009
                            5345 Posts
                            Posted: January 26, 2011, 11:16 am - IP Logged

I play pick 3 and mostly pick 4. Trust me. I dont play blind like 90 percent of players here on LP. I win alot.

You should really think about what you're going to write before you write it. I highly doubt 90% of the LP folks play blindly. The reason they are here in the first place is to find tools and methods that will improve their chances of a hit.

And don't brag about winning a lot when you can't prove it. We've been down that road before and you failed to prove it back then. Then after posting some numbers a few times with no success, you dissolved away into the backround.....

sully16's avatar - sharan
                              Ringleader
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #81740
                              October 28, 2009
                              40348 Posts
                              Posted: January 26, 2011, 11:31 am - IP Logged

Lottery is more fun to play when you have friends like  RIGDERUNNER  giving you a WTG after your numbers come in.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"