Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NY Scratch-off Discussion

Topic closed. 680 replies. Last post 5 years ago by lenkame.

Page 29 of 46
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #109882
April 21, 2011
158 Posts
Posted: May 4, 2011, 4:10 am - IP Logged

<snip> i dont know combine with how much i wasted and recycled probably the same or more

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

United States
    Member #107231
    March 3, 2011
    28 Posts
    Posted: May 4, 2011, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

Remember how I said the odds are the same whether you spend 15 or 1500? Yeah. I was right. Not to be snooty, but maybe you guys should take a statistics class instead of imparting your own "logic" into beating the lottery system? Buying rolls doesn't increase your chances unless you buy 12,000 of them.

United States
      Member #109882
      April 21, 2011
      158 Posts
      Posted: May 4, 2011, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

Remember how I said the odds are the same whether you spend 15 or 1500? Yeah. I was right. Not to be snooty, but maybe you guys should take a statistics class instead of imparting your own "logic" into beating the lottery system? Buying rolls doesn't increase your chances unless you buy 12,000 of them.

snag sang 3 more rolls for me lol when i win ill tell you about statistics.

United States
        Member #107231
        March 3, 2011
        28 Posts
        Posted: May 4, 2011, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

lol

So even if you win 2nd prize of 25k, you're still down like 10k right?

United States
          Member #109882
          April 21, 2011
          158 Posts
          Posted: May 4, 2011, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

i bought 3 books and here are my results

13 ten dollar tickets

15 15 dollar tickets

10 25 dollar tickets

7 50 dolllar tickets

1 250 dollar ticket

for a total of 1205 for a loss of 395.I invested 1600 so as far as today goes im through with the lottery

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
            Florida
            United States
            Member #104435
            January 14, 2011
            2244 Posts
            Posted: May 4, 2011, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

Are you gonna get any more rolls ?

2014 Highest Winner: $500

United States
              Member #107231
              March 3, 2011
              28 Posts
              Posted: May 4, 2011, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

James do you work for the lottery? dude just said he was done. why ask if he's getting more?

United States
                Member #109882
                April 21, 2011
                158 Posts
                Posted: May 4, 2011, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

im done with scratch off's im goin to use my scratchoff money and take a vacation.Whats the point of keep losing thats 800 bucks in 2 days and if i keep buying rolls im just gonna be down completely.

Adrift's avatar - natureavatars
                  Long Island
                  United States
                  Member #108824
                  March 31, 2011
                  51 Posts
                  Posted: May 4, 2011, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

im done with scratch off's im goin to use my scratchoff money and take a vacation.Whats the point of keep losing thats 800 bucks in 2 days and if i keep buying rolls im just gonna be down completely.

That was me a few months ago, it was hard stopping for good cause the next day you always have that "what if..." thought in your head but I think you're making the right choice. If possible just buy a ticket every now and then, like if you have to get gas grab one ticket and bring it home to scratch. Most jackpot winners either play every now and then or play a ticket a week or something before work. You never really hear about hardcore players hitting jackpots....

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #104435
                    January 14, 2011
                    2244 Posts
                    Posted: May 4, 2011, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

James do you work for the lottery? dude just said he was done. why ask if he's getting more?

lol no ... I read jada's post to fast did not notice he said he was done ...

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #104435
                      January 14, 2011
                      2244 Posts
                      Posted: May 4, 2011, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

That was me a few months ago, it was hard stopping for good cause the next day you always have that "what if..." thought in your head but I think you're making the right choice. If possible just buy a ticket every now and then, like if you have to get gas grab one ticket and bring it home to scratch. Most jackpot winners either play every now and then or play a ticket a week or something before work. You never really hear about hardcore players hitting jackpots....

I was thinking about getting 1 last roll of $20 game and if it wins nothing i will just focus on lotto and powerball. its hard to stop when your down...

United States
                        Member #109882
                        April 21, 2011
                        158 Posts
                        Posted: May 4, 2011, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

I was thinking about getting 1 last roll of $20 game and if it wins nothing i will just focus on lotto and powerball. its hard to stop when your down...

its hard to throw your money down the drain i gone throw 6 rolls in 2 days and lost over 800 dollars and my hand hurt from scracthing it aint easy to just keep losing and not get frustrated

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                          Los Angeles, California
                          United States
                          Member #103813
                          January 5, 2011
                          1530 Posts
                          Posted: May 4, 2011, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

its hard to throw your money down the drain i gone throw 6 rolls in 2 days and lost over 800 dollars and my hand hurt from scracthing it aint easy to just keep losing and not get frustrated

Just don't play any more than you are comfortable with losing.

When I play, I know I am only going to get about 50% back over time. The odds are clearly published, so you just gotta know what you are dealing with. Depending on the game, sometimes you get more, sometimes you get less. You just keep playing and maybe one day lady luck might smile on you. Have a budget for your lotto entertainment and try to stick to it.

I'd feel bad about $800 in a week too, so I don't play anywhere near that much. If you are gonna buy a couple of rolls a week, then you have to be comfortable with losing several hundred per week no matter what.

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #104435
                            January 14, 2011
                            2244 Posts
                            Posted: May 4, 2011, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

Im done too had another bad day today for my last hoorah got $300 bucks of lotto + powerball and 10 more raffle tickets

Jada are you gonna continue playing numbers ?

United States
                              Member #109882
                              April 21, 2011
                              158 Posts
                              Posted: May 4, 2011, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

Im done too had another bad day today for my last hoorah got $300 bucks of lotto + powerball and 10 more raffle tickets

Jada are you gonna continue playing numbers ?

im going to play exclusively numbers the sweet million is a 1 in 3million chance so ill try for that ill use my winning of 1200 on that tomorrow and go all in do you have a strategy on how to pick your number james?by the way i think your a cool guy cant say that about everyone here except brothadan and adrift

Page 29 of 46