Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

post if you have purchased a roll of scratch-off's

Topic closed. 64 replies. Last post 5 years ago by James1.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
mojo4's avatar - disney29
Florida
United States
Member #109474
April 13, 2011
16 Posts
Posted: April 29, 2011, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

Hey Everyone!! I have been reading the post for a long time, I finally decided to ask a silly question? Do they discount when you buy an entire roll or do you pay full price for them? I know it sounds silly, but I want to buy an entire roll, just don't know which one. I am also in Florida, SW. We won a straight play 4 in January for $5000, so that is my "fun" money, well almost, had to pay my house taxes with it also..lol I love scratchers and have been playing for a long time, nice to chat with peeps who are also semi addicted as me :)

Tn
    United States
    Member #87742
    March 2, 2010
    200 Posts
    Posted: April 29, 2011, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

Hey Everyone!! I have been reading the post for a long time, I finally decided to ask a silly question? Do they discount when you buy an entire roll or do you pay full price for them? I know it sounds silly, but I want to buy an entire roll, just don't know which one. I am also in Florida, SW. We won a straight play 4 in January for $5000, so that is my "fun" money, well almost, had to pay my house taxes with it also..lol I love scratchers and have been playing for a long time, nice to chat with peeps who are also semi addicted as me :)

you have to pay for the entire roll

Win or lose its a game of chance

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
      Florida
      United States
      Member #104435
      January 14, 2011
      2244 Posts
      Posted: April 30, 2011, 12:37 am - IP Logged

I have come to the realization that there is no rhyme or reason behind Florida scratch off rolls. The odds make no sense whatsoever sometimes. Some examples:

I have had a $5 roll with projected 14 winners ( based upon odds ) produce 18 winners.

On the other hand ive had $10 roll with projected 18 winners produce only 13.

There can be multiple $100 winners on the same roll whatever amount the game is. I have had this happen twice on $5 rolls. Once I got $100 and $200 even.

There can be a large winner say $10K and also a $500 winner on the same roll. A clerk told me a Gold Rush roll once produced 3 $500 winners. 

A roll can pay as little as 20% back

Even $10 and $20 games can have 15+ consecutive losers

Strangely all my $1,000 winners were back to back winners

2014 Highest Winner: $500

SE PA
        United States
        Member #93582
        July 3, 2010
        1866 Posts
        Posted: April 30, 2011, 12:45 am - IP Logged

I have come to the realization that there is no rhyme or reason behind Florida scratch off rolls. The odds make no sense whatsoever sometimes. Some examples:

I have had a $5 roll with projected 14 winners ( based upon odds ) produce 18 winners.

On the other hand ive had $10 roll with projected 18 winners produce only 13.

There can be multiple $100 winners on the same roll whatever amount the game is. I have had this happen twice on $5 rolls. Once I got $100 and $200 even.

There can be a large winner say $10K and also a $500 winner on the same roll. A clerk told me a Gold Rush roll once produced 3 $500 winners. 

A roll can pay as little as 20% back

Even $10 and $20 games can have 15+ consecutive losers

Strangely all my $1,000 winners were back to back winners

Hi, James. I'd rather take that then the win your money back or lose system PA is producing. The FLA Lottery seems to randomize more than here, too. There aren't many 15 losers in a row or 20% roll payouts in PA, but the FLA Lottery seems more interesting.

Florida
          United States
          Member #104435
          January 14, 2011
          2244 Posts
          Posted: April 30, 2011, 1:13 am - IP Logged

Hi, James. I'd rather take that then the win your money back or lose system PA is producing. The FLA Lottery seems to randomize more than here, too. There aren't many 15 losers in a row or 20% roll payouts in PA, but the FLA Lottery seems more interesting.

Honestly I prefer it over the states that "guarantee" a certain amount of money back on each and every roll. Its almost saying you will lose $165 bucks on every roll, but if you happen to hit $500 then your maximum profit would be $335 as you dont have a chance to get any more higher odds winners.

Just a few days ago there was a $500 and $1,000 winner on the same $600 roll in the store I play at almost daily. It is more interesting this way, especially if you end up with a hot roll.

SE PA
            United States
            Member #93582
            July 3, 2010
            1866 Posts
            Posted: April 30, 2011, 1:19 am - IP Logged

Honestly I prefer it over the states that "guarantee" a certain amount of money back on each and every roll. Its almost saying you will lose $165 bucks on every roll, but if you happen to hit $500 then your maximum profit would be $335 as you dont have a chance to get any more higher odds winners.

Just a few days ago there was a $500 and $1,000 winner on the same $600 roll in the store I play at almost daily. It is more interesting this way, especially if you end up with a hot roll.

Agree. One good thing about the PA Lottery though is that I read on Wikipedia that PA Lottery winnings are only taxable on the federal level. Other than that, I prefer the FLA system.

Florida
              United States
              Member #104435
              January 14, 2011
              2244 Posts
              Posted: April 30, 2011, 1:28 am - IP Logged

Dont worry Matt, PA has great odds for middle prizes. I think its one of the top lotterys along with Mass and Fl.

SE PA
                United States
                Member #93582
                July 3, 2010
                1866 Posts
                Posted: April 30, 2011, 1:29 am - IP Logged

Dont worry Matt, PA has great odds for middle prizes. I think its one of the top lotterys along with Mass and Fl.

Used to be good (lots of $100s even if no $500s), but now I'm having different feelings. Very cold around here it seems. If you played a lot in PA, you'd notice a difference unless you hit a lucky store.

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #104435
                  January 14, 2011
                  2244 Posts
                  Posted: May 1, 2011, 1:06 am - IP Logged

Used to be good (lots of $100s even if no $500s), but now I'm having different feelings. Very cold around here it seems. If you played a lot in PA, you'd notice a difference unless you hit a lucky store.

Are you playing in a high or low volume store ? In general I would stay away from the low volume places as they are money pits at best. 

The worst are the places with a selection of only 5 scratch offs total. The same rolls sit there for months it seems.

What I really dont play at but should be are gas stations. They seem to be havens for jackpot winners. They have lower volume then major grocery chains but carry a better selection of scratchers thus increasing odds of having more jackpots sold at them. 

PA does not look bad at all. im sure I would have just as good results maybe even more mid-tier prizes there. dr65 is doing well and she is not even buying rolls to my knowledge !!

SE PA
                    United States
                    Member #93582
                    July 3, 2010
                    1866 Posts
                    Posted: May 1, 2011, 1:17 am - IP Logged

Are you playing in a high or low volume store ? In general I would stay away from the low volume places as they are money pits at best. 

The worst are the places with a selection of only 5 scratch offs total. The same rolls sit there for months it seems.

What I really dont play at but should be are gas stations. They seem to be havens for jackpot winners. They have lower volume then major grocery chains but carry a better selection of scratchers thus increasing odds of having more jackpots sold at them. 

PA does not look bad at all. im sure I would have just as good results maybe even more mid-tier prizes there. dr65 is doing well and she is not even buying rolls to my knowledge !!

Remember that dr65 is particularly lucky. Some of the other PA players here haven't done so great lately either. I still mantain things have been overall worse here. Or the winners are much more concentrated than they used to be. The stores I go to are generally medium turnover with lots of games offered.

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #104435
                      January 14, 2011
                      2244 Posts
                      Posted: May 1, 2011, 1:22 am - IP Logged

Im just not one to hit $500 or more 1st ticket out. usually when i get to the machines they have been dried of all the winners and only a string of losers are left, usually followed by a measly face value winner. Although today I did get $100 1st ticket out twice and also yesterday, but $100 is very common no big deal im looking for life changes prizes here, or at least $1K ...

SE PA
                        United States
                        Member #93582
                        July 3, 2010
                        1866 Posts
                        Posted: May 1, 2011, 1:24 am - IP Logged

Good point about the gas stations - I'm trying to get my roll from one that has a lot of big winners hanging up. Before any big break from the Lottery, I have to check out other places more.

Florida
                          United States
                          Member #104435
                          January 14, 2011
                          2244 Posts
                          Posted: May 1, 2011, 1:25 am - IP Logged

Matt do you ever play "Million Dollar Mega Multiplier" ?? That game looks awesome. I wish we had one in Florida ...

SE PA
                            United States
                            Member #93582
                            July 3, 2010
                            1866 Posts
                            Posted: May 1, 2011, 1:27 am - IP Logged

Im just not one to hit $500 or more 1st ticket out. usually when i get to the machines they have been dried of all the winners and only a string of losers are left, usually followed by a measly face value winner. Although today I did get $100 1st ticket out twice and also yesterday, but $100 is very common no big deal im looking for life changes prizes here, or at least $1K ...

I was happy to hear you got some bigger prizes first ticket out lately - I think your luck could be heating up and you could see that big win.

I am on one of my biggest $100 droughts. Mostly because Cash Fever hasn't given one recently.

SE PA
                              United States
                              Member #93582
                              July 3, 2010
                              1866 Posts
                              Posted: May 1, 2011, 1:28 am - IP Logged

Matt do you ever play "Million Dollar Mega Multiplier" ?? That game looks awesome. I wish we had one in Florida ...

Yes, more lately because Cash Fever appears to be getting pretty played out. It does look and sound like a great game. But I haven't had much luck at it.