Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 5:17 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

post if you have purchased a roll of scratch-off's

Topic closed. 64 replies. Last post 6 years ago by James1.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #104435
January 14, 2011
2244 Posts
Posted: May 1, 2011, 1:43 am - IP Logged

Do you play the games or just scan them to check for winners ?

2014 Highest Winner: $500

SE PA
    United States
    Member #93582
    July 3, 2010
    1872 Posts
    Posted: May 1, 2011, 1:49 am - IP Logged

Do you play the games or just scan them to check for winners ?

I usually take them home to play. If I do scratch in the store, it's usually one or two tickets rather than chasing a win.

mojo4's avatar - disney29
      Florida
      United States
      Member #109474
      April 13, 2011
      16 Posts
      Posted: May 3, 2011, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

Hey James! Just wondering, How many tickets are on a $1.00 roll, $2.00 roll, $3.00 roll, $5.00 ROll, $10.00 roll and $20.00 roll?

I want to buy a roll but wasn't sure how much to bring when I buy a roll. Also, do you get them at the DO or your favorite Publix or gas station?

I live in Ft. Myers so I pretty much stick with a local Mom and Pop store as they just sold the Lucky $100,000 for life a few weeks ago. I was sooooo bummed because I go there at least two times a week and that lucky fellow had been there the day before me and won just by purchasing 1 ticket!! GRRR!! Oh well, the luck of the scratchie! Anyway, thanks for the info.

I know this is on a different post, but , I bought my 777 raffle tickets yesterday at the DO and they ran out of the Ruby Red's, waited for about 20 minutes, tons of people, nasty people waiting, didn't win a thing, waiting on the big Prize!! How many tickets did you end up with?  Much Luck!

Florida
        United States
        Member #104435
        January 14, 2011
        2244 Posts
        Posted: May 3, 2011, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

Hey James! Just wondering, How many tickets are on a $1.00 roll, $2.00 roll, $3.00 roll, $5.00 ROll, $10.00 roll and $20.00 roll?

I want to buy a roll but wasn't sure how much to bring when I buy a roll. Also, do you get them at the DO or your favorite Publix or gas station?

I live in Ft. Myers so I pretty much stick with a local Mom and Pop store as they just sold the Lucky $100,000 for life a few weeks ago. I was sooooo bummed because I go there at least two times a week and that lucky fellow had been there the day before me and won just by purchasing 1 ticket!! GRRR!! Oh well, the luck of the scratchie! Anyway, thanks for the info.

I know this is on a different post, but , I bought my 777 raffle tickets yesterday at the DO and they ran out of the Ruby Red's, waited for about 20 minutes, tons of people, nasty people waiting, didn't win a thing, waiting on the big Prize!! How many tickets did you end up with?  Much Luck!

$1 - $5 games cost $300 per roll $10 games cost $600 and $20 games cost either $600 or $1,000

I buy them from Publix and convenience stores.

Florida
          United States
          Member #109474
          April 13, 2011
          16 Posts
          Posted: May 3, 2011, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

$1 - $5 games cost $300 per roll $10 games cost $600 and $20 games cost either $600 or $1,000

I buy them from Publix and convenience stores.

Thanks so much! Wealthy Wishes!Good Luck also to all the FL. Lucky Raffle Players!We need to bring home a WIN LP!

chinalinda143's avatar - batman38
            Miami,Fl
            United States
            Member #107375
            March 6, 2011
            11 Posts
            Posted: May 13, 2011, 4:58 am - IP Logged

Hello Lottery Post Family,

I wanted to ask everyone's opinion Do you think it's wise to buy a roll at the local DO? or not. Do you think that by doing this I will have better chances?

CHINADance

Florida
              United States
              Member #102882
              December 27, 2010
              334 Posts
              Posted: May 13, 2011, 7:17 am - IP Logged

That's a very interesting (but true) commentary you made:

" tons of people, nasty people waiting"

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
                The Ville, FL
                United States
                Member #95879
                August 19, 2010
                1708 Posts
                Posted: May 13, 2011, 10:36 am - IP Logged

Hello Lottery Post Family,

I wanted to ask everyone's opinion Do you think it's wise to buy a roll at the local DO? or not. Do you think that by doing this I will have better chances?

Hello China

It's hard to say. There has been multiple Top Prizes purchased from D.O."s in the past. The most recent a $1 Million Top Prize on "$20.00 Billion Dollar Blockbuster" scratcher claimed on 1/24/2011 at the Orlando D.O..

Also one of the Top Prizes on the Raffle was purchased at the Tampa DO I believe. So it boils down to Luck of the draw.

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #104435
                  January 14, 2011
                  2244 Posts
                  Posted: May 13, 2011, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

Hello China

It's hard to say. There has been multiple Top Prizes purchased from D.O."s in the past. The most recent a $1 Million Top Prize on "$20.00 Billion Dollar Blockbuster" scratcher claimed on 1/24/2011 at the Orlando D.O..

Also one of the Top Prizes on the Raffle was purchased at the Tampa DO I believe. So it boils down to Luck of the draw.

In WPB DO the highest scratch off winner ever was only $5K on BDB. Not too good ....

chinalinda143's avatar - batman38
                    Miami,Fl
                    United States
                    Member #107375
                    March 6, 2011
                    11 Posts
                    Posted: May 13, 2011, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

Hello China

CHINADance

Florida
                      United States
                      Member #104435
                      January 14, 2011
                      2244 Posts
                      Posted: May 13, 2011, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

I would get a roll of the Red White Blue 7s or High Roller. the 7s already had 1 top prize claimed makes me think they could of sent out several hot rolls the first week

Toledo, Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #111029
                        May 17, 2011
                        8 Posts
                        Posted: May 17, 2011, 10:45 am - IP Logged

Hey all....  I buy only 1/3 a roll at a time....$20 face value costs me on average $160, but I only buy the lower value # cards.  Typically card #001, 002, 003, thru #10.  The biggest winners seem to appear somewhere in the top first 10 on a roll----i never buy the 000---sometimes starting a new roll.  ...and I hate retaliers that start there new rolls high to low....  Can't tell ya how many times I popped for a 1000-bucks doing that, but it works for me! 

ps Vending lottery machines can't tell ya next #, but there fairly hot in my state (adds to the gamble---so start with one ticket!).  ...and if you talk with a seller----they'll freely tell ya what the next # is up for sale, and if there's been any big winners cashed at there store from a typical batch....you miss option at gas stations because people buy and drive off. 

pss.   Next time you're in the carryout that posts their winning tickets like wall-paper----check the ticket # in the lower right corner and test my theory!

Miami, Florida
                          United States
                          Member #111795
                          June 2, 2011
                          581 Posts
                          Posted: June 2, 2011, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

Hey All,

I just joined the forum because a friend and I are going halves on a roll next weekend:we're buying a $1000 dollar roll. I can't wait!! It's been 10 years since I've gone in on a roll.... lately I've been on a losing streak. Hit $500 on  a Gold Rush (#22 on roll) on April 4, 2011 and have LOST on 90% of tickets since then. So, I'm going to go for it all on one roll with a buddy instead of getting a ticket here or a ticket there, etc... In March, I hit $200 on  a Millionaire's Club, $200 on a Monopoly, a couple $100 winners here and there on Gold Rush (ever since the newly re-released Gold Rush, though, haven't hit a thing on Gold Rush)......  Anyway, also in March, hit $200 on a Lucky for Life and it was on 000....first one off the roll. Back in 2004, I hit $500 TWICE in the same night, back to back Lucky for Life games--- got one at a BP gas station, took it to Publix to cash it, asked for $480 and a Lucky for Life from there---and hit 5 hundo on that one!!! I'll never forget that night!!!   That was when the Lucky for Life odds at hitting 5 hundo were roughly the same as Gold Rush's current odds.....Other than the $200 win in March on Lucky for Life, I haven't hit on that game..... I'm excited for this up-coming roll next weekend. I will come back and post results. Glad I found this forum.

Florida
                            United States
                            Member #109474
                            April 13, 2011
                            16 Posts
                            Posted: June 2, 2011, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

Hey All,

I just joined the forum because a friend and I are going halves on a roll next weekend:we're buying a $1000 dollar roll. I can't wait!! It's been 10 years since I've gone in on a roll.... lately I've been on a losing streak. Hit $500 on  a Gold Rush (#22 on roll) on April 4, 2011 and have LOST on 90% of tickets since then. So, I'm going to go for it all on one roll with a buddy instead of getting a ticket here or a ticket there, etc... In March, I hit $200 on  a Millionaire's Club, $200 on a Monopoly, a couple $100 winners here and there on Gold Rush (ever since the newly re-released Gold Rush, though, haven't hit a thing on Gold Rush)......  Anyway, also in March, hit $200 on a Lucky for Life and it was on 000....first one off the roll. Back in 2004, I hit $500 TWICE in the same night, back to back Lucky for Life games--- got one at a BP gas station, took it to Publix to cash it, asked for $480 and a Lucky for Life from there---and hit 5 hundo on that one!!! I'll never forget that night!!!   That was when the Lucky for Life odds at hitting 5 hundo were roughly the same as Gold Rush's current odds.....Other than the $200 win in March on Lucky for Life, I haven't hit on that game..... I'm excited for this up-coming roll next weekend. I will come back and post results. Glad I found this forum.

Welcome to the post, good luck with your roll!! Post your winners on the Post Your Scratch Ticket Results forum so we know how you did!!!

Party

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                              Oklahoma
                              United States
                              Member #82391
                              November 12, 2009
                              6305 Posts
                              Posted: June 2, 2011, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

Hey All,

Welcome to the LP OldSchoolHits........