Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

We Are Living Vicariously Through Lottery Winners By Playing The Lottery?

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Hermanus104.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: June 16, 2011, 1:57 am - IP Logged

Rooster Cogburn lives vicariously through me.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

NEW YORK
    United States
    Member #90535
    April 29, 2010
    11982 Posts
    Posted: June 16, 2011, 2:08 am - IP Logged

Rooster Cogburn lives vicariously through me.

Ridge, is time for you to regulate this thread with your wisdom my friend. I feel that some individuals do not know the meaning of living vicariously.Everything in the universe is so interconnected. I FEEL THAT WE ARE LIVING VICARIOUSLY THROUGH EACH OTHERS, THE UNIVERSE(GOD).

YOU ARE LIVING VICARIOUSLY THROUGH PEOPLE THOUGHTS IF YOUR THOUGHTS OCCUPY THE SAME ENERGY FIELD IN THE UNIVERSE WHETHER THEY ARE GOOD THOUGHTS OR BAD THOUGHTS. 

feri32's avatar - nw gnome.jpg
      Budapest
      Hungary
      Member #111903
      June 5, 2011
      35 Posts
      Posted: June 16, 2011, 5:46 am - IP Logged

Of course, all the time. I have my shopping list in my head ready :)

I always play random numbers

United States
        Member #105312
        January 29, 2011
        435 Posts
        Posted: June 16, 2011, 7:38 am - IP Logged

Wait... there are Scrooge McDuck-ers out here?? I need to leave the forums once in a while. I LOVE Scrooge!!!

Scrooge McDuckism is a powerful undercurrent here on Lottery Discussions with a strong following.  You'll find it's also most dominant on the various jackpot forums rather than among the Pick 3ers, who are usually proponents of Daffy Duckism or are non-denominational. 

McDuckers also post a lot on the Lottery News Forum.  The Math and Lottery Systems Forums tend to be about evenly matched between Duck-Soupers, Scrooge McDuckers and Daffy Duckers.

ValidationAll statements made above are accurate, precise, lucid and sometimes supported by factoids written down somewhere.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: June 16, 2011, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

Ridge, is time for you to regulate this thread with your wisdom my friend. I feel that some individuals do not know the meaning of living vicariously.Everything in the universe is so interconnected. I FEEL THAT WE ARE LIVING VICARIOUSLY THROUGH EACH OTHERS, THE UNIVERSE(GOD).

YOU ARE LIVING VICARIOUSLY THROUGH PEOPLE THOUGHTS IF YOUR THOUGHTS OCCUPY THE SAME ENERGY FIELD IN THE UNIVERSE WHETHER THEY ARE GOOD THOUGHTS OR BAD THOUGHTS. 

It's of little use, THRIFTMEISTER.

Some people are just not clear on the concept. 

When the Dalai Lama says: "Make me one with everything", they think he wants a hot dog.

Being an Oracle, I'm confronted with this sort of thing on a daily basis.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
            Texas
            United States
            Member #92330
            June 5, 2010
            887 Posts
            Posted: June 17, 2011, 2:04 am - IP Logged

Have you IMAGINED, PICTURED yourself being a winner like those that have won a jackpot WHENEVER YOU BUY ONE LOTTERY TICKET

I think everyone who plays has at least thought for a second about if they won. Otherwise, why play in the first place. Whether they think about it only once for a few seconds or almost constantly, lottery players have imagined what it would be like to win or pictured themselves winning.

And so of course I do. I love to picture myself in a nice big house not having to worry about anything and I love imagining the things I would do in that free time with financials to do many things I've always wanted. 

Of course, I still go on living my normal life every time I don't win, but still... it's something nice to day dream about.

United States
              Member #111186
              May 20, 2011
              344 Posts
              Posted: June 22, 2011, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

Sure do, also dream of taking a sledge hammer to my mini-van cause I'll be driving something better.

LMAO LOL

United States
                Member #111186
                May 20, 2011
                344 Posts
                Posted: June 22, 2011, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

I think/daydream about winning the lottery A LOT..

Things to buy, people I'd help, worldly places to visit (Egyptian Pyramids, Cayman Islands & on & on....)

Even tho I haven't won, it makes me smile just to imagine!!

And, I'm always happy to hear about the people that do win...

Their stories & how awesome they must feel...

Slim chance or not, I think we all feel we may win one day!

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49784 Posts
                  Posted: June 23, 2011, 9:50 am - IP Logged

Have you IMAGINED, PICTURED yourself being a winner like those that have won a jackpot WHENEVER YOU BUY ONE LOTTERY TICKET

Rather than escape in someone else's dreams, try to use them to inspire yourself to create your own.

You start to lose pieces of your own identity when you let your self-worth come from the achievements of others. It slowly degrades your own ambition and erodes the confidence in your own ability to achieve great things. Rather than try something new, you endlessly question whether you'd be able to accomplish something like others did (So You Buy One Quick Pick instead of Developing a Lottery System of Your Own and Betting on the Numbers Your Lottery System Produced!).

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
                    Northern Virginia
                    United States
                    Member #83350
                    December 5, 2009
                    1317 Posts
                    Posted: June 23, 2011, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

First, it crosses my mind from time to time, but I don't actively think of myself as a lottery winner when I play. I don't play often enough anyway.

Second, when I do play, it is almost always the Pick 3. I've played only one jackpot game this year, and that was the January 4 Mega Millions $380 jackpot. I played for that drawing only because it happened to coincide with my birthday.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!