Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

so you won 50 million dollars now what??

Topic closed. 70 replies. Last post 5 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

How would you clam your money

drive to the lottery office as fast as you can? [ 20 ]  [33.90%]
what and contact a good tax lawyer? [ 14 ]  [23.73%]
have a proxy clam it for you? [ 8 ]  [13.56%]
Hold on to for a little while and tell no one? [ 17 ]  [28.81%]
Total Valid Votes [ 59 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  

United States
Member #112061
June 9, 2011
8776 Posts
Posted: June 28, 2011, 12:07 am - IP Logged

After i got over the shock of winning I would get hold of a good tax lawyer

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
    California
    United States
    Member #112364
    June 17, 2011
    661 Posts
    Posted: June 28, 2011, 12:15 am - IP Logged

Unless I am short in money and need the money immediately to pay something urgent, I would sit back for a while and let it really sinks. There are many things you got to think of besides taxes. Like whether you would want to trust a financial adviser to handle all your money. What if he steals your money and disappears? How do you keep it secret from everybody but your most trusted people. How do you prepare yourself from possible constant harassment if ever the news is leaked?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: June 28, 2011, 12:20 am - IP Logged

Unless I am short in money and need the money immediately to pay something urgent, I would sit back for a while and let it really sinks. There are many things you got to think of besides taxes. Like whether you would want to trust a financial adviser to handle all your money. What if he steals your money and disappears? How do you keep it secret from everybody but your most trusted people. How do you prepare yourself from possible constant harassment if ever the news is leaked?

A defensible perimeter and special weapons training.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

California
        United States
        Member #112364
        June 17, 2011
        661 Posts
        Posted: June 28, 2011, 12:21 am - IP Logged

or hiring a bodyguard(s). Most billionaires have bodyguards.

United States
          Member #112061
          June 9, 2011
          8776 Posts
          Posted: June 28, 2011, 12:31 am - IP Logged

rdgrnr  you are sooooooooo  funny  Jester Laugh

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10353 Posts
            Posted: June 28, 2011, 12:49 am - IP Logged

I voted proxy although I'm not sure you can do it in lotto.

In some circles this is known as "sending in a beard."

Someone here on LP once posted that waiting for someone else to hit and claim a record jackpot before ytou claimed yours (assuming it's a lesser one) wouldn't be a bad plan.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
              Member #32537
              February 12, 2006
              698 Posts
              Posted: June 28, 2011, 4:07 am - IP Logged

am going to pretend its a 50m cash in my bank account,  atfer 35% tax,  in cash in my bank account form a major win,

, so what would i do with a 126mm jackpot win atfer i won, leaveing me 50m in the bank?

i get a bodyguard like redhat has planned,

but my bodyguards will double as personal assists AS their main job, who just also happen to now have tn handgun carry permits and are armed to the teeth for my protection.

i always wanted to have personal assists, at my buck and calling, why ever clean my own home again, why ever take out the trash, why do anything i Hate doing , But has to be done

simple, hire someone else now that your freaking Rich, is my plan

why drive around, get a nice backseat lexus, with corp vip backseat setup, and enjoy life, on my labtop, or watching movies, playin pc games on my insane 3000 buck gaming labtop, etc while being driven by my PA,  let them take care the paperwork when checking in  at a hotal etc , let them carry the shopping bags when at mall,stores etc

hell i even take them to the gorcery store, and just point at the stuff i want, and they put in cart and do the whole checkout with 100 plus items as i walk back to the car playing my video games on my gaming labtop, LOL

AND once they got ever thing i like writed down, and they know what i like and don't like, then they just do the shopping for food them self's,

i even have them carry the labtops around in labtop bags, and even use them  while eating out, put it on the table, watching a hd Movie on the labtop while waiting for the food to get to my table LOL

its all about having a good time doing whatever i want to do, and none of what i hate doing ever again

doing whatever i want. however i want is the key to being rich and enjoying your self

so lots of partying, lot more sex with free time and money i have, and just playin video games and doing whatever makes me have enjoyment with my time spent

and i also love to just travel , buy a Nice top of the line in outfited with all the best stuff,  RV, and have my full time 24/7 personal assists, drive me around the nation,  if its 1 thing i love doing, its explorering. i just do it in nation level, taking helicopter tours around major tourist are'a, etc,   i hate flying, onless its in a helicopter so i go the RV route.

United States
                Member #3958
                March 7, 2004
                74 Posts
                Posted: June 28, 2011, 8:32 am - IP Logged

I would wait a little while and  have a proxy claim it for me

Indiana will let u have a proxy

have a winning dayHyper

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49784 Posts
                  Posted: June 28, 2011, 9:26 am - IP Logged

After i got over the shock of winning I would get hold of a good tax lawyer

Claim it as-soon-as possible: Spend it as-fast-as possible: So Life can get Back to Normal! LOL

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

GamerMom's avatar - tails

United States
                    Member #60535
                    April 21, 2008
                    460 Posts
                    Posted: June 28, 2011, 9:29 am - IP Logged

If all you think of are the negative aspects, why do you play?

United States
                      Member #3958
                      March 7, 2004
                      74 Posts
                      Posted: June 28, 2011, 10:29 am - IP Logged

No its not about thinking negative , if you win that kind of money you have to be very careful cause if someone would kill a store owner over3 lousy dollars  think about what would happen to someone with 50 million if they are not careful

have a winning dayHyper

sully16's avatar - sharan
                        Ringleader
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #81740
                        October 28, 2009
                        40550 Posts
                        Posted: June 28, 2011, 11:59 am - IP Logged

No its not about thinking negative , if you win that kind of money you have to be very careful cause if someone would kill a store owner over3 lousy dollars  think about what would happen to someone with 50 million if they are not careful

I'll risk it.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

California
                          United States
                          Member #112364
                          June 17, 2011
                          661 Posts
                          Posted: June 28, 2011, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

Win first, worry about it later. Besides, I only play Fantasy 5, the one with much lower jackpot but with much higher odd of winning. Fantasy 5 jackpot ranges from 50K to 200K. I don't think I am going to be too concerned about hiring financial adviser for 200K. I would just tell the amount to my CPA for taxes, save the money in a saving account and be done with it.

GamerMom's avatar - tails

United States
                            Member #60535
                            April 21, 2008
                            460 Posts
                            Posted: June 28, 2011, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

I'll risk it.

For real though, me too.  If I die I will die happy :rofl:

NoShame's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                              Indiana
                              United States
                              Member #104853
                              January 21, 2011
                              159 Posts
                              Posted: June 28, 2011, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

Claim anonymously.  If your state doesn't allow it, play the lottery in a state that does.  I don't think it's worth the risk of threats and harrasment and changing addresses, etc to reveal yourself to the public, not in my antisocial case.  Do everything and anything you can to protect your identity, even if you must keep your winnings secret from family and friends.