Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Lottery and Marriage Poll

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Mr-Smith.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

If you were single and won a lottery jackpot, would you marry someone after winning the prize?

YES [ 13 ]  [26.53%]
NO [ 36 ]  [73.47%]
Total Valid Votes [ 49 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
rukiafae's avatar - box
NC
United States
Member #100192
November 7, 2010
125 Posts
Posted: July 6, 2011, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

well, i said yes BUT NOT WITHOUT A PRENUP

i would NOT have joint accounts of any kind.

if he truly loved me, he would TOTALLY understand and NOT mind. if he minds well.... he can take a hike....

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: July 6, 2011, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

well, i said yes BUT NOT WITHOUT A PRENUP

i would NOT have joint accounts of any kind.

if he truly loved me, he would TOTALLY understand and NOT mind. if he minds well.... he can take a hike....

I agree, rukiafae.

If it was me, I would love you and your money like crazy.

Til death do us part. Me you and our money.

And I wouldn't want you to be stressed out about anything so I'd take charge of the money to make sure everything is on the up and up and nobody's trying to take advantage of you or rip you off.

In fact I wouldn't even want you getting involved in the day to day drudgery of handling it or worrying about how much of it is left.

So for your protection and safety and peace of mind, I'd have it all transferred to my name and put in my accounts and if you ever needed anything you could just ask me for it.

That way you'd have nothing to worry about.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40431 Posts
      Posted: July 7, 2011, 8:46 am - IP Logged

I agree, rukiafae.

And I wouldn't want you to be stressed out about anything so I'd take charge of the money to make sure everything is on the up and up and nobody's trying to take advantage of you or rip you off.

In fact I wouldn't even want you getting involved in the day to day drudgery of handling it or worrying about how much of it is left.

So for your protection and safety and peace of mind, I'd have it all transferred to my name and put in my accounts and if you ever needed anything you could just ask me for it.

LOL good thing your name isn't Patel .

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

feri32's avatar - nw gnome.jpg
        Budapest
        Hungary
        Member #111903
        June 5, 2011
        35 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2011, 9:52 am - IP Logged

I would place all my money into an offshore trust, where noone could touch. Not even the wife. Indeed, why should she know that I am rich?

Of course I would travel around the world and would have access to things I need, but that does not mean that I should forget how to be a regular guy. Indeed, it would be fun to play the average Joe with a Platinum card :)

I always play random numbers

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: July 7, 2011, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

I agree, rukiafae.

Is this guy not a wonderful human being..Kinda brings a tear to your eye..He's always there trying to help some poor but rich woman out if she has to much money to handle..Keep up the begging ridge some woman will fall fore your BS....again..tiggs might call Sugar Britches and tell her what a great guy she married...maybe the other 5 or 6 exs too..

Pure luck

United States
            Member #110736
            May 11, 2011
            34 Posts
            Posted: July 9, 2011, 8:23 am - IP Logged

If I got married after winning the lottery, there would be some serious prenup action! No future ex-husband of mine is going to leave with anything more than what he came with. Sun Smiley

United States
              Member #111186
              May 20, 2011
              344 Posts
              Posted: July 9, 2011, 8:35 am - IP Logged

If I got married after winning the lottery, there would be some serious prenup action! No future ex-husband of mine is going to leave with anything more than what he came with. Sun Smiley

"No future ex-husband of mine"....... LOL

United States
                Member #111186
                May 20, 2011
                344 Posts
                Posted: July 9, 2011, 8:48 am - IP Logged

I agree feri32....

Makes perfect sense to play the average Joe/Jane runnin' on Platinum!

I'm not the type to be out front stylin' & profilin' anyway....so yeah Cool

NSW
                  Australia
                  Member #113402
                  July 9, 2011
                  8 Posts
                  Posted: July 10, 2011, 3:08 am - IP Logged

Fully agree with the pre-nup idea though the number of times you read about them being contested after a change in fortune. Then again not having a marriage certificate doesn't seem to matter either. I'm sure we've read about former boy/girl friends coming out of the woodwork.

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                    California
                    United States
                    Member #112364
                    June 17, 2011
                    661 Posts
                    Posted: July 11, 2011, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

Lottery winners face numerous problems including divorce, lawsuits, news media, and greedy relatives.  For a single person who wins the lottery prize, marriage is a compromise to the control that winner has over the prize.  Not only that, but how do you know that the legions of men or women who run toward you are actually interested in you out of true love and not because of the money?  Not only that, but how do you know that the person would still be interested in you if you lost it all?

I thought about this topic about "The Lottery and Marriage" this morning.  What would you do in this situation?  Would you remain permanently single (a lifelong bachelor/bachelorette) or would you marry later in life after winning a lottery jackpot grand prize?  What are your thoughts on this situation?

No way man. Too may gold diggers out there. Unless of course, she has far more money than my winning lottery, like 10 times then I know it is true love Embarassed

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                      rekjavik
                      Iceland
                      Member #99537
                      October 27, 2010
                      177 Posts
                      Posted: July 15, 2011, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

I have been married for 10 years...like most marriages some days its happily, other days--not so much...

I sometimes worry when we win the lottery my husband will leave me.  We married young(me 20, him 23), were each others' first EVERYTHING--sometimes I worry that he would want to go "sow his wild oats" once he has money....

If I was single I would probably get married.

<snip> that almost made me drop a tear..

But I feel your pain, i'm 10 yrs in also and I understand your what your feeling.

but remember if you do win half is YOURS to do what you want to do also.

Money will always bring out the true person that your with.

So if my wife wants to divorce to get half then so be it, I look at it as a great investment for your freedom..

As far as getting re married after a lotto win... That will be HELL to the NO........lol.

but really I wish you luck....

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.