Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do YOU know any lottery winners personally?

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Set4life.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Litebets27's avatar - power
Maryland
United States
Member #10465
January 14, 2005
6065 Posts
Posted: July 13, 2011, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

Two people.   One, whose story ended very badly.  It was actully his mother who won, but he helped her to spend the money.

The other took his money and returned to his country of origin. (He is probably living like a king now.)

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
    California
    United States
    Member #112364
    June 17, 2011
    661 Posts
    Posted: July 14, 2011, 2:22 am - IP Logged

Two people.   One, whose story ended very badly.  It was actully his mother who won, but he helped her to spend the money.

The other took his money and returned to his country of origin. (He is probably living like a king now.)

Couldn't he live like a king in America?

vfigures's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg
      Oakley,CA
      United States
      Member #66896
      November 10, 2008
      200 Posts
      Posted: July 14, 2011, 3:04 am - IP Logged

I know a guy who won super lotto in the 80's. He won a little over 3 million dollars. He still plays everyday and he still has money. He only carries one hundred dollars bills never more tha one thousand dollars and he is a very sweet man.

OrganzaPendant_vfigures1.gif picture by vondafigures

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
        Kentucky
        United States
        Member #35086
        March 12, 2006
        10374 Posts
        Posted: July 14, 2011, 3:32 am - IP Logged

I  know  one

I  didnt know  her back when she won it.............but I remember  the draw that nite  back  then ...............because there were two winners and one of them  wasnt  too  far  from  home.........she  won it on a mistake  ticket  (   " never  leave  a   ticket  behind "  )

I heard about it for years after that

It  was  a  lot.........even after splitting it with the other winner in the state........I am thinking it was   15  million after the split 

( the  Jackpot  was  around  30  million  that  nite I  think  )

It was to be paid out over  20 years  or maybe it was 30  years

I  first  met   some of her kinfolk over the years and  they  became very good  friends  of  mine..........then about two  years   ago I met  her and she became one  of my  friends

A very sweet  person   with  a  good  heart

But I never did ask her anything  about  it.............not  even once

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
          adelaide sa
          Australia
          Member #37136
          April 11, 2006
          3300 Posts
          Posted: July 14, 2011, 8:01 am - IP Logged

i metsomeone won $15 mill on powerball,  their family relations are strained, they gave too much money away, bought too many houses, and property isnt doing too well,. not like USA bad , but they still have a few mill, and quite a few houses. but think they would  do things different if they had  chance again.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: July 14, 2011, 10:47 am - IP Logged

i metsomeone won $15 mill on powerball,  their family relations are strained, they gave too much money away, bought too many houses, and property isnt doing too well,. not like USA bad , but they still have a few mill, and quite a few houses. but think they would  do things different if they had  chance again.

"...not like USA bad..."

The dems are always trying to outlaw guns here but they never will, so even though that's bad, at least it's not like Australia bad where you can't even own a gun.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49813 Posts
              Posted: July 14, 2011, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

Everyone here on Lottery Post argues about what to do if you win a jackpot prize, but does anyone actually know someone who actually won a jackpot prize ($1 million or larger) and what happened to them?

I have read stories of jackpot winners and what happened to them over the years.  I don't know any jackpot winners personally, but I am curious about what happens to everyday people who win such a large prize of $1 million or larger.  Now that I think of it, this brings up an interesting question.  Do you know any winners of any jackpot prize ($1 million or larger) and what happened to them as a result of it?  I don't know any jackpot winners, but I am curious to know if any of you know any and what happened to them.

Looks Like: You're going to read more Stories about Lottery Winner's: Afterwards: You're still Not Going to Know Any Lottery Winners Personally! LOL

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
                Member #111186
                May 20, 2011
                344 Posts
                Posted: July 14, 2011, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

No.

But I wanna Yes Nod !!

Party

United States
                  Member #112061
                  June 9, 2011
                  8776 Posts
                  Posted: July 14, 2011, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

My brother won a million but he got in annually payments after taxes he cleared 72 thousand a year for ten years

one thing  change about him he was a  poor as-hole before he won

after he won he was a rich as-hole

showing that an  as-hole is just that rather rich or poor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

showing that not all people change after hitting the lotteryDance

Raven62's avatar - binary
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #17843
                    June 28, 2005
                    49813 Posts
                    Posted: July 14, 2011, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

My brother won a million but he got in annually payments after taxes he cleared 72 thousand a year for ten years

Heredity: The genetic transmission of characteristics from parents to offsprings!

Hey: Maybe you'll Win a Million Too! Thud

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: July 14, 2011, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

Now we know you don't really mean that, mrcoco! LOL

--Edmund Burke

CHICOPEE, MA
                        United States
                        Member #113661
                        July 14, 2011
                        3 Posts
                        Posted: July 14, 2011, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

Now we know you don't really mean that, mrcoco! LOL

Yea, I do. She has won many times. The biggest was $2million on a scratch ticket maybe 10 years ago and then about 2 years ago she won $1million on a scratch ticket. She has won many times on KENO and other LOTTERIES.

She has given me advice. Scratch is luck but you just have your own method of picking scratch game to play. She liked to play 3 and 4 number on KENO.

Me I read people's theories. Books I have are Gail Howard's Books(5), Winning Lotto/Lottery, Easy Dollars, Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery, I have bought other books.

I have started getting into eBooks and have bought Jimmy The Swede's Handbooks (4).

I use lottery software like, Lottery 2000, WinEasy, LotWin, Lottery Tracker, Lotto Master and others.

Everyone always says their way is best but like College, I like to study which makes me more informed and gives me more feel for the numbers. Nothing is guarenteed but odds can be increased in your favor.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                          United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3856 Posts
                          Posted: July 14, 2011, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Yea, I do. She has won many times. The biggest was $2million on a scratch ticket maybe 10 years ago and then about 2 years ago she won $1million on a scratch ticket. She has won many times on KENO and other LOTTERIES.

She has given me advice. Scratch is luck but you just have your own method of picking scratch game to play. She liked to play 3 and 4 number on KENO.

Me I read people's theories. Books I have are Gail Howard's Books(5), Winning Lotto/Lottery, Easy Dollars, Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery, I have bought other books.

I have started getting into eBooks and have bought Jimmy The Swede's Handbooks (4).

I use lottery software like, Lottery 2000, WinEasy, LotWin, Lottery Tracker, Lotto Master and others.

Everyone always says their way is best but like College, I like to study which makes me more informed and gives me more feel for the numbers. Nothing is guarenteed but odds can be increased in your favor.

did i miss something ? What?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Litebets27's avatar - power
                            Maryland
                            United States
                            Member #10465
                            January 14, 2005
                            6065 Posts
                            Posted: July 14, 2011, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

Couldn't he live like a king in America?

I believe, when he left the US his country's currency was approximately somewhere between 5 or 10 to our 1. 

He would have been considered, extremely wealthy.

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: July 14, 2011, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

did i miss something ? What?

Yeah, I was confused at first too til I realized he was answering the thread's title question, not my post.

--Edmund Burke