Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

POLL - Will You Buy $2 Lottery Tickets?

Topic closed. 72 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

Will You Buy $2 Lottery Tickets?

Yes [ 56 ]  [49.56%]
No [ 26 ]  [23.01%]
Only if Jackpot hits certain level. [ 22 ]  [19.47%]
Undecided [ 3 ]  [2.65%]
Other - Explain [ 6 ]  [5.31%]
Total Valid Votes [ 113 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
Member #4877
May 30, 2004
5120 Posts
Posted: August 9, 2011, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Two dollar online games are here and more are coming, like Powerball next year.

Do you now or will you play them when they come?

Explain, if you'd like.

I Agree!>>>>>>>>>if U bet on D horicey'$$$$$$$$@ oakland^^UR not a "REDNECK

PartyPartyPartyPartyDanceDanceDrumDanceDance

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jack-in-the-Box>>>>>>

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5120 Posts
    Posted: August 9, 2011, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!>>>>>>>>>if U bet on D horicey'$$$$$$$$@ oakland^^UR not a "REDNECK

PartyPartyPartyPartyDanceDanceDrumDanceDance

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jack-in-the-Box>>>>>>

UR a "BLUEBLOOD>>>>>>>>U kan afford $2.00

YOU GET A SHOW 4D price>>U kan afford $2.00

(p00r <<lottery<<player's GO home << no win<<NO SHOW<<<<<<<<<<NO WIN!!!!!

enjoy D racetrack & don't forget (put gas before) U

try 2 go home (only D RICH can afford a home 4U)

GO>>>>>>>>222222222 Home & AFFORD GAS!

Jack-in-the-Box

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
      Chicago
      United States
      Member #70678
      February 8, 2009
      889 Posts
      Posted: August 10, 2011, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

Ok I need to get with the program! 2 dollars? That could add up quick if you buy say 10 or more tickets. I would have to say it depends....if I have the money...if I think I can win...if I'm in the mood.... Where's my sugar daddy?  Can't HE buy the tickets???? LOL

Just get me thru this so called life......

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: August 16, 2011, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

Ok I need to get with the program! 2 dollars? That could add up quick if you buy say 10 or more tickets. I would have to say it depends....if I have the money...if I think I can win...if I'm in the mood.... Where's my sugar daddy?  Can't HE buy the tickets???? LOL

Sugar Britches is keeping an eye on your Sugar Daddy...

Pure luck

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: August 16, 2011, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Dadgum straight he oughta be buyin' the tickets.

As long as you're fulfilling the Double A proviso.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

THRUST's avatar - f35l

United States
            Member #88435
            March 16, 2010
            397 Posts
            Posted: August 17, 2011, 1:10 am - IP Logged

Yes. I spend $2 anyway on Decades Of Dollars. Thumbs Up

$1,000,000

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
              Northern Virginia
              United States
              Member #83350
              December 5, 2009
              1315 Posts
              Posted: August 20, 2011, 11:34 am - IP Logged

I generally play only 3-ball numbers games. Sometimes, I will play 4-ball numbers games. I am not aware of any numbers games that cost more than $1. Right now, I have no plan to play any game for which the lower-tier prizes are less than 50% of the odds

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: August 20, 2011, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

I generally play only 3-ball numbers games. Sometimes, I will play 4-ball numbers games. I am not aware of any numbers games that cost more than $1. Right now, I have no plan to play any game for which the lower-tier prizes are less than 50% of the odds

Decades of Dollars is a $2 game in Virginia and some other states I believe.

You can win $250,000 a year for 30 years and I don't think anybody has ever won the top prize as far as I know.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                  Member #47420
                  November 4, 2006
                  3930 Posts
                  Posted: August 20, 2011, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

Decades of Dollars is a $2 game in Virginia and some other states I believe.

You can win $250,000 a year for 30 years and I don't think anybody has ever won the top prize as far as I know.

It's also in Ky oldtimer..250,000 a year over 30 years is not enough time for tiggs...The Brain is 68 and will be like her mother who lived to be 99 and the last 18 years was with yours truly...They also offer a 4,000,000 buy out if you have the only ticket as far as tiggs knows..That's tiggs ho- ta-malie..4 mil!!!!!..After tiggs hits...:)..and if they don't offer the 4mil it's 30 years and The Brain best live that long or tiggs will haunt her!!!!..Get the message oldtimer!!??..

Pure luck

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: August 20, 2011, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

If your calling ridge your sugar daddy maybe you should call him your sugar grandday..Get with the program..

Pure luck

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10348 Posts
                      Posted: August 20, 2011, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

Poll within the poll.

How many who said they will not buy a $2 ticket will buy a $2 ticket?

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                        FEMA Region V Camp #21
                        United States
                        Member #520
                        July 27, 2002
                        5699 Posts
                        Posted: August 20, 2011, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

No, I wouldn't fork over an extra buck for those odds.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Abdi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg
                          Nairobi
                          Kenya
                          Member #64806
                          September 8, 2008
                          161 Posts
                          Posted: August 20, 2011, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

No, I wouldn't fork over an extra buck for those odds.

Since I assigned up for a platinum membership four years ago(I guess the only one from Kenya)-I have developed alot of passion for lotteries!

let alone paying $ 2,I am more than willing to pay $ 200 for a lottery ticket.BUT if it's not a scam-because the world has changed and people can even build companies over the internet these days.

Most of us from Africa-do get money the hardway-unlike most of you (especially in the USA)-who make money from the comfort of their chair!-we therefore like to see that every cent is spent wisely!

Back to the Topic!

In lottery we normally play not to win but to assume that your donating it to charity!

And let me ADVICE all of you: NEVER PLAY THE LOTTERY TO WIN-that way you will never WIN!-

Relax-and assume that you have donated $ 2 to starvating child in a hospital bed-with that heart you will WIN!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD  LUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK MY BROTHERS & SISTERS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD!.

Abdi

Nairobi-Kenya!

I Agree!

There are no born heroes or winners........it takes a hammer a chisel,a vision and a will to suffer the blows and be carved into one!..........

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: August 20, 2011, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

Since I assigned up for a platinum membership four years ago(I guess the only one from Kenya)-I have developed alot of passion for lotteries!

let alone paying $ 2,I am more than willing to pay $ 200 for a lottery ticket.BUT if it's not a scam-because the world has changed and people can even build companies over the internet these days.

Most of us from Africa-do get money the hardway-unlike most of you (especially in the USA)-who make money from the comfort of their chair!-we therefore like to see that every cent is spent wisely!

Back to the Topic!

In lottery we normally play not to win but to assume that your donating it to charity!

And let me ADVICE all of you: NEVER PLAY THE LOTTERY TO WIN-that way you will never WIN!-

Relax-and assume that you have donated $ 2 to starvating child in a hospital bed-with that heart you will WIN!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD  LUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK MY BROTHERS & SISTERS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD!.

Abdi

Nairobi-Kenya!

That sounds like reasonable advice, Abdi.

By the way, the President of our country was born in Kenya.

Good luck to you!

--Edmund Burke

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                              United States
                              Member #112968
                              June 29, 2011
                              3854 Posts
                              Posted: August 20, 2011, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

Back to the Topic!

Abdi

Nairobi-Kenya!

i don't make my $ from the comfort of a chair,i mostly do it by getting my hands dirty and often cut.

my street is not paved in gold,it's blacktop, put there by guys that work pretty hard.

and here we also like to spend every cent wisely,at least the average person.

but not our gov't they don't care how they spend.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.