Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 2:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LONA software.Dont buy it.Bad software.Dont solve the problems of the clients

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 5 years ago by lakerben.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
lottohardworker's avatar - shapes quad_feather.jpg
Spain
Spain
Member #113227
July 5, 2011
61 Posts
Posted: September 29, 2011, 8:15 am - IP Logged

I went to the LONA site, there doesn't seem to be a trial demo for the program.

Yes, Lantern, they do not give anything free.
In addition, if they were giving a demo, nobody would buy the program after proving it. For my it is one defrauds

Luck exists but when it comes, you have to be being employed at it

Spain
    Spain
    Member #113227
    July 5, 2011
    61 Posts
    Posted: September 29, 2011, 8:23 am - IP Logged

Yes, Lantern, they do not give anything free.
    In addition, if they were giving a demo, nobody would buy the program after proving it. For my it is one defrauds

Hallo Bob:

This is the only answer,they have sent to me:

Hi ...,

We checked with CrypKey (our piracy protection company) and they informed us that you have successfully installed LONA on your computer. You live in .....; information that we do not gather during the ordering process and can only be acquired by CrypKey during a successful software registration.

The license you purchased is only valid for one computer. You cannot transfer LONA to another computer; it will not work. You can't install LONA a second time on any computer; the Serial Number only works once on one computer. So, it's not that the Serial Number is invalid, it's just that the Serial Number has already been used.

If you want to install LONA on a second computer, you must purchase and Extended License ($18). Then, you would be sent a new download email with a new Serial Number.

Staff

After the first time that I wrote them, they does not answer more messages to me.

They say that my program works well, but the reality is that it does not work.

I have tried to prove it in two different computers, and it does not work in any of them.

They have so few shame that they do not answer to the clients.

I dont know what to do.

Probably in the USA, beech an organism where to protest for this topic. They say that my program and the serial number works well, but it IS NOT true. There appears a message that he says that it informs the administrator.

I have sent copy of the message to these gentlemen, and they do not answer.

They do not have shame.

Good Bob, regards, and thank you

Spain
      Spain
      Member #113227
      July 5, 2011
      61 Posts
      Posted: September 29, 2011, 9:51 am - IP Logged
      Hallo Bob:

Hi ...,

We checked with CrypKey (our piracy protection company) and they informed us that you have successfully installed LONA on your computer. You live in .....; information that we do not gather during the ordering process and can only be acquired by CrypKey during a successful software registration.

The license you purchased is only valid for one computer. You cannot transfer LONA to another computer; it will not work. You can't install LONA a second time on any computer; the Serial Number only works once on one computer. So, it's not that the Serial Number is invalid, it's just that the Serial Number has already been used.

If you want to install LONA on a second computer, you must purchase and Extended License ($18). Then, you would be sent a new download email with a new Serial Number.

Staff

After the first time that I wrote them, they does not answer more messages to me.

I have tried to prove it in two different computers, and it does not work in any of them.

I dont know what to do.

Probably in the USA, beech an organism where to protest for this topic. They say that my program and the serial number works well, but it IS NOT true. There appears a message that he says that it informs the administrator.

They do not have shame.

Hallo Bob:

I have sent them the following message:

My name is ... . 

I paid for this L.O.N.A. software on date 2009 or 2010 , this is the serial number
      "............." I received, it used to work and has now stopped working giving error message :

"The key you entered was not a valid site key.Make sure you typed the key correctly.If this problem persist

CONTACT YOUR KEY SUPPLIER FOR A NEW KEY"

, what should I do to fix this problem?. 

(I´ll wait their response...)

Cheers

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19893 Posts
        Posted: September 29, 2011, 10:21 am - IP Logged

Sounds like you can only use it on the computer it is originally downloaded to, you don't have the option of trying to make it work on another computer.  They should do a better job of explaining that in their advertisement so their customers only download to the computer they will be using it on.

If you reinstalled the operating system on the same computer, you probably can't use that key again.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Spain
          Spain
          Member #113227
          July 5, 2011
          61 Posts
          Posted: September 29, 2011, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

In a last e-mail to me,

these people of LONA call me pirate and thief .

It is more of what I can support.

(Now they say to me that they give me as favour the program again).

I have said to them that I do not want it. They are the worst. A serious company does not treat this way a client.

This is the last word about it  that I answer here.

In Spain it is unthinkable that a company speaks this way to a client.

Regards friends, to all , for help me.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
            Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: September 30, 2011, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

Some companies do take software protection to extremes, but I do know by a fact that software piracy is a huge problem to those who sell software and it has stopped the sale of  some softwares, including lottery software, so it is little wonder that some go to extremes, I also dislike software protection, but nowdays sometimes we just have to put up with it if we want to use the software and if the hard drive or Pc breaks or if you get a new Pc, well then you might just have to buy the program all over again, yes it is very upsetting, for example some programs need online re-activation every-time that you start them, imagine having to be online to use a program, but such is life, some companies don't even give demo trials of their software so once you buy it is yours to keep even if the program turns out to be trash and some trial demos are so crippled that you can't really use them and tell if they are good or not, software piracy has done a lot of damage to those who are honest and also to software companies.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
              The Ville, FL
              United States
              Member #95879
              August 19, 2010
              1708 Posts
              Posted: September 30, 2011, 10:53 pm - IP Logged
              Hallo Bob:

Hi ...,

Staff

I dont know what to do.

They do not have shame.

I didn't see in any of the previous posts if you are trying to get this to work on your original computer or not. Is this the same computer you are using that you originally had it installed on? If it is same computer, did you change anything on it? Such as re-install operating system, new hard drive, etc etc? It's not that un-common that software companies make you register the software so it is good for only one computer.

Did this software work since you purchased it, and then one day all of a sudden it stopped working?

If you are using a different computer, I can see the logic behind the companies response. However I don't agree with the way they presented their argument. They sound like they are not professional. If you are using a different computer, I think its a fair price for only $18 dollars if you really like the software. Im assuming you paid alot more than that the first time since you said it was '"expensive"

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Posted: September 30, 2011, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

I didn't see in any of the previous posts if you are trying to get this to work on your original computer or not. Is this the same computer you are using that you originally had it installed on? If it is same computer, did you change anything on it? Such as re-install operating system, new hard drive, etc etc? It's not that un-common that software companies make you register the software so it is good for only one computer.

Did this software work since you purchased it, and then one day all of a sudden it stopped working?

If you are using a different computer, I can see the logic behind the companies response. However I don't agree with the way they presented their argument. They sound like they are not professional. If you are using a different computer, I think its a fair price for only $18 dollars if you really like the software. Im assuming you paid alot more than that the first time since you said it was '"expensive"

Some registrations or serial numbers are tied-up to a particular hard drive or operating system installation or both so if you re-install and or change the hard drive the old or original serial number-registration will no longer work.

But it is possible that some registrations can also be tied-up to other hardware other than the hard drive or they can be tied-up to an operating system installation and or to parts of it.

-------------------------

Whenever possible I use freeware, but there are very few lottery freeware.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Spain
                  Spain
                  Member #113227
                  July 5, 2011
                  61 Posts
                  Posted: October 1, 2011, 5:12 am - IP Logged

I´m sorry friends. I am not going to spend a minute more of my time in these people.

Already I have explained enough. The one who wants, can buy the software, but if his hard disk breaks,the hard disk is formatted

or someone steals his PC , he will know about what I am speaking. I adviced it! .(See the elmoo168 post,in the page 1 )

The software is very expensive. I do not remember very well, but I think that it costs about 100 dollars (I insist, I do not remember

exactly the cost)

I am not going to answer any more post.

Thanks to all.

United States
                    Member #117264
                    October 1, 2011
                    1 Posts
                    Posted: October 1, 2011, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

To all readers,

Leader Software believes it is important for anyone reading this post to hear the real story. By the responses that many of you have made, you have already seen through the Spaniards comments.

Here is what really happened and we can back up everything we say with hard evidence.

1. He purchased LONA and successfully installed it on one of his computers.

2. Subsequently, he tried to install the same license on a second computer. This is called Software Piracy and costs the software industry Billions of dollars each year. Our piracy protection software prevented him from stealing our product. It's a shame but, he could have purchased a second license for just $18. Apparently he believes that if he purchases a product that he is somehow entitled to take a second for FREE. Try that at your local retail outlet.

3. Here is the amazing part. He contacted us and expected us to help him get the stolen copy installed on the second machine. As you might expect, we did not comply.

4. Then he assailed us with a barrage of insults about our product, our customer support and our character.

5. It appeared that the first installation stopped working for some unknown reason. So, in spite of his conduct, it was our responsibility to support that installation and therefore, sent him new download instructions to get that copy up and running again.

6. For reasons known only to him, he refused to update his installation and, instead, decided that a cyber rage rant was in order.

7. We believe that Forums are important venues for open discussion and, many times, offer a place for unhappy customers to vent their frustrations. Sometimes that even includes ourselves. But, civil discussions actually accomplish something and his rantings don't rise to that level.

Leader Software was started over 25 years ago and, in that time we have seen it all. Any software developer will always have some customers, for whatever reason, that simply will not like thier product. Even today, we still find it amazing that occasionally, nestled in the forest of positive feedback we receive, a nasty little thorn appears. As incongruous as it seems, it is a part of the business which we must deal with. The fact that we are still in business after 25 years speaks volumes about our product, our staff and the way we do business.

As for the commenter that claims to have had a similar experience, we stand ready to support any customer with any problem they encounter. Transferring a software license from one machine to another is common practice in our industry. But, to do so requires the customer's cooperation.

Thank you for reading our post.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #17843
                      June 28, 2005
                      50995 Posts
                      Posted: October 1, 2011, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

To all readers,

Leader Software believes it is important for anyone reading this post to hear the real story. By the responses that many of you have made, you have already seen through the Spaniards comments.

Here is what really happened and we can back up everything we say with hard evidence.

2. Subsequently, he tried to install the same license on a second computer. This is called Software Piracy and costs the software industry Billions of dollars each year. Our piracy protection software prevented him from stealing our product. It's a shame but, he could have purchased a second license for just $18. Apparently he believes that if he purchases a product that he is somehow entitled to take a second for FREE. Try that at your local retail outlet.

3. Here is the amazing part. He contacted us and expected us to help him get the stolen copy installed on the second machine. As you might expect, we did not comply.

4. Then he assailed us with a barrage of insults about our product, our customer support and our character.

5. It appeared that the first installation stopped working for some unknown reason. So, in spite of his conduct, it was our responsibility to support that installation and therefore, sent him new download instructions to get that copy up and running again.

6. For reasons known only to him, he refused to update his installation and, instead, decided that a cyber rage rant was in order.

7. We believe that Forums are important venues for open discussion and, many times, offer a place for unhappy customers to vent their frustrations. Sometimes that even includes ourselves. But, civil discussions actually accomplish something and his rantings don't rise to that level.

Leader Software was started over 25 years ago and, in that time we have seen it all. Any software developer will always have some customers, for whatever reason, that simply will not like thier product. Even today, we still find it amazing that occasionally, nestled in the forest of positive feedback we receive, a nasty little thorn appears. As incongruous as it seems, it is a part of the business which we must deal with. The fact that we are still in business after 25 years speaks volumes about our product, our staff and the way we do business.

As for the commenter that claims to have had a similar experience, we stand ready to support any customer with any problem they encounter. Transferring a software license from one machine to another is common practice in our industry. But, to do so requires the customer's cooperation.

Thanks for setting the record straight: Seems only fair that your Company File a Libel Lawsuit against him and hold him liable for damaging the reputation of your Company with the grossly unflattering statements made here in the Forums.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19893 Posts
                        Posted: October 1, 2011, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

To all readers,

It's nice to know that lottery software publishers also read LP posts and are aware of lottery players concerns even if they aren't their customers.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                          Member #13130
                          March 30, 2005
                          2171 Posts
                          Posted: October 1, 2011, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

It's nice to know that lottery software publishers also read LP posts and are aware of lottery players concerns even if they aren't their customers.

If you were selling a product and a complaint about it was showing up in the top search engine resullts for it, you'd read it too.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                            Dump Water Florida
                            United States
                            Member #380
                            June 5, 2002
                            3112 Posts
                            Posted: October 2, 2011, 2:13 am - IP Logged

While I understand the problem of software piracy.  I really don't see a private user installing a legally purchased software on their computer and laptop as a violation of a one use license as it is one user. 

BobP

Spain
                              Spain
                              Member #113227
                              July 5, 2011
                              61 Posts
                              Posted: October 2, 2011, 3:49 am - IP Logged

To all readers,

Greetings Professor Dolph:

First sorry for the delay in answer you,but my English level is not good, and it is very hard work for me

that I well understood.

(I have the impression that if I had tried my problem with you personally from the beginning, this sad affair

had not happened).

I'll tell you "my" truth. (Because the real truth is composed of several truths, not one).

I purchased your product for two or three years.I leave to use the software, and-as I often do-I gave

format the computer where I installed a copy of your program.When a few days ago I tried to use it for a

statistics, found that doesn´t work.Then, I thought maybe it was installed in my other computer which had

installed the registered copy of "LONA." It doesn´t worked too.

It was not my intention to have 2 copies of your program, I just wanted one that worked.In addition,

this software isn´t cheap.You are know there is software with a price of 20 dólars.No is the case of

"Lona".

I writed by e-mail to the Administrator of your company on 27 September this year.The same day, a few

minutes after,your administrator answered me: "You have successfully installed on your computer LONA".

After paying the high price of software, you may understand my indignation.Un user tries

contact the company that has paid a product because you can not use it, and told that the product

works well (when it is not true).

The same day 27, I return to write another e-mail, telling them that I have installed again the software and

program still don´t work.No answer from your company.

4 hours later I return them to send another e-mail, asking you from help.I say that perhaps there is a problem

with the program that checks the authenticity of software.No response from your company,again.

On day 28, (and this is my fourth e-mail), my anger is increasing more and more and I tell you if you are

doing something to fix my problem, and I say I can not support injustice.I attached a document with a

screen that displays the error message, when I open the program.

With no response to you to 3 of my e-mails, I decided to open a post in which I express my

dissatisfaction with this sorry affair.

Another user ,presents the same case as mine,(when the computer is formatted y When your company does not

send the user another "key" because you think that the software works Ok).But the reality is that when

the user installs the program after the formatting, the program says it is not a authentic

registration number.This user is also felt very frustrated,like I.

After opening the post, you answer.You say me pirate and I tried to steal you.At the end of the post,

almost like alms to a beggar, you told there is a minimum error rate in your anti pirate program

and can download a new copy of the program, and you not want to hear from me again, never more.(In an

unfriendly way).

I am so angry at that time I sent an e-mail, resigning to the program.This is why I dont want the

program,Profesor Dolph.For the indignation i feel in that moment, I do not want to use this software

anymore, (It is because of it that I say to your administrator that I do not want the software).For the way to

talk me,in the last e-mail to me.

How do you think, Professor Dolph, I felt that moment?. I would say, like dirt.

I have spent a considerable amount of money in your program, (I trust in you), and you tell me: "my

software works well" (not true), and I am a pirate and a steal you.I want you know that I am a

honest person with a great sense of justice.I have wife and two children, and a life of work;

also I am wrong sometimes as any person.

I have many computer programs, of course all legally acquired, ("Smart Luck", "Saliu

software "," Stonito Software "," Magic Lotus ") and many more programs like this. I have never had a

similar problem to which I had with you.

When I formatted the computer, I again have to install all the others programs without problem.

Indeed, if ever I have addressed them, I was treated in a very polite way .The person that answer the

e-mails in "LONA", maybe should be more polite and ALWAYS answer the customers who send e-

mails.Perhaps then not be published disenchanted users posts in the forums.

Now my part of apologies.In any way,I wanted to hurt with my post.I was only very defrauded by you and wanted

that someone was helping myself. I wanted helplessness for not being able to enjoy a software I paid.If you or

someone more has offended by my words,my major excuses to you.

If I must open another treat in the post for to ask for excuses,I´ll do it.

I only want you understand my behavior, which probably has not been adapted.

Regards