Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LONA software.Dont buy it.Bad software.Dont solve the problems of the clients

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 5 years ago by lakerben.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
lottohardworker's avatar - shapes quad_feather.jpg
Spain
Spain
Member #113227
July 5, 2011
61 Posts
Posted: October 2, 2011, 3:56 am - IP Logged

While I understand the problem of software piracy.  I really don't see a private user installing a legally purchased software on their computer and laptop as a violation of a one use license as it is one user. 

BobP

Thank you very much, Bob. Since always with many coherence. I think so.

Thank you indeed.

Luck exists but when it comes, you have to be being employed at it

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49835 Posts
    Posted: October 2, 2011, 10:24 am - IP Logged

I´m sorry friends. I am not going to spend a minute more of my time in these people.

Already I have explained enough. The one who wants, can buy the software, but if his hard disk breaks,the hard disk is formatted

or someone steals his PC , he will know about what I am speaking. I adviced it! .(See the elmoo168 post,in the page 1 )

The software is very expensive. I do not remember very well, but I think that it costs about 100 dollars (I insist, I do not remember

exactly the cost)

I am not going to answer any more post.

Thanks to all.

So much for being true to your word! Thud

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
      The Ville, FL
      United States
      Member #95879
      August 19, 2010
      1708 Posts
      Posted: October 2, 2011, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

Greetings Professor Dolph:

First sorry for the delay in answer you,but my English level is not good, and it is very hard work for me

that I well understood.

(I have the impression that if I had tried my problem with you personally from the beginning, this sad affair

had not happened).

I'll tell you "my" truth. (Because the real truth is composed of several truths, not one).

I purchased your product for two or three years.I leave to use the software, and-as I often do-I gave

format the computer where I installed a copy of your program.When a few days ago I tried to use it for a

statistics, found that doesn´t work.Then, I thought maybe it was installed in my other computer which had

installed the registered copy of "LONA." It doesn´t worked too.

It was not my intention to have 2 copies of your program, I just wanted one that worked.In addition,

this software isn´t cheap.You are know there is software with a price of 20 dólars.No is the case of

"Lona".

I writed by e-mail to the Administrator of your company on 27 September this year.The same day, a few

minutes after,your administrator answered me: "You have successfully installed on your computer LONA".

After paying the high price of software, you may understand my indignation.Un user tries

contact the company that has paid a product because you can not use it, and told that the product

works well (when it is not true).

The same day 27, I return to write another e-mail, telling them that I have installed again the software and

program still don´t work.No answer from your company.

4 hours later I return them to send another e-mail, asking you from help.I say that perhaps there is a problem

with the program that checks the authenticity of software.No response from your company,again.

On day 28, (and this is my fourth e-mail), my anger is increasing more and more and I tell you if you are

doing something to fix my problem, and I say I can not support injustice.I attached a document with a

screen that displays the error message, when I open the program.

With no response to you to 3 of my e-mails, I decided to open a post in which I express my

dissatisfaction with this sorry affair.

Another user ,presents the same case as mine,(when the computer is formatted y When your company does not

send the user another "key" because you think that the software works Ok).But the reality is that when

the user installs the program after the formatting, the program says it is not a authentic

registration number.This user is also felt very frustrated,like I.

After opening the post, you answer.You say me pirate and I tried to steal you.At the end of the post,

almost like alms to a beggar, you told there is a minimum error rate in your anti pirate program

and can download a new copy of the program, and you not want to hear from me again, never more.(In an

unfriendly way).

I am so angry at that time I sent an e-mail, resigning to the program.This is why I dont want the

program,Profesor Dolph.For the indignation i feel in that moment, I do not want to use this software

anymore, (It is because of it that I say to your administrator that I do not want the software).For the way to

talk me,in the last e-mail to me.

How do you think, Professor Dolph, I felt that moment?. I would say, like dirt.

I have spent a considerable amount of money in your program, (I trust in you), and you tell me: "my

software works well" (not true), and I am a pirate and a steal you.I want you know that I am a

honest person with a great sense of justice.I have wife and two children, and a life of work;

also I am wrong sometimes as any person.

I have many computer programs, of course all legally acquired, ("Smart Luck", "Saliu

software "," Stonito Software "," Magic Lotus ") and many more programs like this. I have never had a

similar problem to which I had with you.

When I formatted the computer, I again have to install all the others programs without problem.

Indeed, if ever I have addressed them, I was treated in a very polite way .The person that answer the

e-mails in "LONA", maybe should be more polite and ALWAYS answer the customers who send e-

mails.Perhaps then not be published disenchanted users posts in the forums.

Now my part of apologies.In any way,I wanted to hurt with my post.I was only very defrauded by you and wanted

that someone was helping myself. I wanted helplessness for not being able to enjoy a software I paid.If you or

someone more has offended by my words,my major excuses to you.

If I must open another treat in the post for to ask for excuses,I´ll do it.

I only want you understand my behavior, which probably has not been adapted.

Regards

You bought this software 2-3 years ago, and now you are trying to install in a different computer (or same computer with new formatting), and you get pissed at the company because it doesn't work? Even after they explained in detail why you are having issues?

It's safe to say that most software entities sell licenses for a SINGLE use (1 computer per license).

They even offered you a new license for your new computer for a measly $18 bux and you still bash them?

Sorry, not getting any sympathy from me. The company seems to have went out of their way to please you. In the end of the day, just seems like you want to argue and bash them. They are running a business not a charity.

It's like buying a shirt, then 2 years later telling the retail store you don't like it anymore and expecting a brand new one for FREE.  Business doesn't work like that.

At least we all know the truth now.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
        The Ville, FL
        United States
        Member #95879
        August 19, 2010
        1708 Posts
        Posted: October 2, 2011, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

While I understand the problem of software piracy.  I really don't see a private user installing a legally purchased software on their computer and laptop as a violation of a one use license as it is one user. 

BobP

I really don't see a private user installing a legally purchased software on their computer and laptop as a violation of a one use license as it is one user

Bob - If this was how software companies worked, they would all be out of business.

You have to think about it, if this was the case then 1 person could buy a software app and install it on 100 different peoples computers. You think a software company would be ok with that?

I know it's not the ethical thing to do, but do you think people in todays society are ethical?  Thats why LONA put a restriction on their software for a "single use"

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3104 Posts
          Posted: October 3, 2011, 2:37 am - IP Logged

I really don't see a private user installing a legally purchased software on their computer and laptop as a violation of a one use license as it is one user

Bob - If this was how software companies worked, they would all be out of business.

You have to think about it, if this was the case then 1 person could buy a software app and install it on 100 different peoples computers. You think a software company would be ok with that?

I know it's not the ethical thing to do, but do you think people in todays society are ethical?  Thats why LONA put a restriction on their software for a "single use"

In my opinion there is a vast difference between private use and comercial. 

Many software products have a why to know it's you.  I can login to my ISP from any of my computers because I'm the only user.   If I handed out my account login and pass to other people my account would be shut down. 

In the same sense I can put as many phones on the line at my house as I like, as many tv and dvr and dvd burners as I like on my cable line.  I can burn copies of shows for my own use.  I shouldn't have to buy a second license just to play a game I already own on the other computer. 

It is typical for a software company to do something to prevent illegal distribution of their product, the disc or dvd must be in the drive for it to work so we can't give it away and still own it. 

For that matter we should try defining "works" for lottery prediction software.   Wink

BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19831 Posts
            Posted: October 3, 2011, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

In my opinion there is a vast difference between private use and comercial. 

Many software products have a why to know it's you.  I can login to my ISP from any of my computers because I'm the only user.   If I handed out my account login and pass to other people my account would be shut down. 

In the same sense I can put as many phones on the line at my house as I like, as many tv and dvr and dvd burners as I like on my cable line.  I can burn copies of shows for my own use.  I shouldn't have to buy a second license just to play a game I already own on the other computer. 

It is typical for a software company to do something to prevent illegal distribution of their product, the disc or dvd must be in the drive for it to work so we can't give it away and still own it. 

For that matter we should try defining "works" for lottery prediction software.   Wink

BobP

For that matter we should try defining "works" for lottery prediction software.    Wink

When it comes to prediction software that "works", we all have a similar definition.  The best any claim is "they improve your odds of winning" and even that's hard to prove.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
              Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: October 3, 2011, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

I have had also softwares that could not again be registered with the same original serial that was sent to me after buying the programs.

This was due to me changing a hard drive for another and then installing the operating system on the newer hard drive.

Such has also happened after changing computers and trying to install and register the software on the newer computer.

And has also happened after a hard drive format and reinstallation of the O.S.

It is very upsetting.

By even so I do understand the why of software protection.

But while software piracy costs the software companies, software protection costs those who buy software.

Software piracy costs the software companies a lot of money.

Software protection costs those who buy software a lot of money.

So as seen, I do understand both points of view.

I have lost a lot more than LottoHardWorker has due to software protection, yet I do understand why they do it, but that is why I don't buy software as often as I used to, if the software is not lottery software then I will only use free programs, nowdays I will only put up with lottery protection on lottery programs and will try not to buy lottery programs often after all I Very Much Dislike Software Protection, I was going to write that I Hate Software Protection and I guess that I do, but as I said and don't get me wrong I am very much aware of the evils of software piracy which many people don't seem to understand.

The thing is often you don't know if a program has "Bad" software protection before and when you buy it, you sometimes find out about it very much later when you change hard drives or computers or when you reinstall on the same hard drive and Pc.

If you can do without a program then do without it, buy only if you really must and then know that you are taking your chances with it.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
                New Mexico
                United States
                Member #86099
                January 29, 2010
                11120 Posts
                Posted: October 4, 2011, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

I have bought software and replaced hardrives etc and had no problem with more than one vendor who let me re-install without an extra fee.  One took his time in responding but eventually gave in. I gave my order #'s etc. and asked without getting excited and in a demanding tone, and everything worked out fine.  Communication is important.

US Flag