Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 7:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ughh...So Angry at a Clerk at my Gas Station!

Topic closed. 62 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Wheeler.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #26330
November 16, 2005
330 Posts
Posted: October 17, 2011, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

Ok So I have to blow of some steam at a clerk.  I went to get some gas and then went inside to get some Powerball tickets for Wed. Drawing.(So Far so good) After she printed off my QP's  I handed over my money and reached for my ticket and she held it away...I thought she was joking with me when she said "Are you going to spit it with me if you win"?   I said if you give me $2.50(1/2 the money for the 5 QP's)...She laid down the ticket on the far side of the counter and walked off to take care of another customer at another register.  So I reached across the counter took my ticket and left...but I wish I had spoken to the manager or told her how rude she was being.   I was shocked.  I have never come across a clerk that acted like this in all my years of buying lotto tickets...Some joke and say will you take care of me but most are just having some fun.    Thanks for letting me vent...Anyone else come across Clerks like this????

laguna hills, ca
    United States
    Member #116009
    September 2, 2011
    48 Posts
    Posted: October 17, 2011, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

ive never had a clerk be that rude to me, but all the time they ask me to split it with them or give them something if i win,and i just tell them yes but if i ever hit it they are getting jack squat.

Delaware
      United States
      Member #93503
      July 1, 2010
      453 Posts
      Posted: October 17, 2011, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

I've had clerk's say i get half if you win.. but no way have i ever had anything like that!

Sherita's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Vtracs is My Game!
        Georgia
        United States
        Member #3617
        February 6, 2004
        7497 Posts
        Posted: October 17, 2011, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

She had the nerve to keep the tickets that you had paid for by putting them on the far side of the counter and walked off to take care of another customer? I must say she is fortunate because I would have created such a fuss in that store I guarantee she would not be employed there tomorrow. Not only should you inform the Manager, you should also contact the Lottery office in your state. Trust me, it does not sound like the first time she has done this.  This matter should be investigated. I wonder if the winning tickets holders get the right amount from her if they win on scratch - offs! WOW!Rant

Congrats To All Winners and Posters!

LurkingWe are all in it to win!  My Pet numbers 103,724,152,397,189,118,205.

Ga Lottery Player!

Hot-Due-Cold. Short Sums/Last Digit Sum. Pairs. Vtracs. Vtrac Pairs. SUM OF VTRACS CHART.

Don't forget to FLIP 6/9 in all WORKOUTS!  66=99=69. Vtracs Code sheets available....

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: October 17, 2011, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

Ok So I have to blow of some steam at a clerk.  I went to get some gas and then went inside to get some Powerball tickets for Wed. Drawing.(So Far so good) After she printed off my QP's  I handed over my money and reached for my ticket and she held it away...I thought she was joking with me when she said "Are you going to spit it with me if you win"?   I said if you give me $2.50(1/2 the money for the 5 QP's)...She laid down the ticket on the far side of the counter and walked off to take care of another customer at another register.  So I reached across the counter took my ticket and left...but I wish I had spoken to the manager or told her how rude she was being.   I was shocked.  I have never come across a clerk that acted like this in all my years of buying lotto tickets...Some joke and say will you take care of me but most are just having some fun.    Thanks for letting me vent...Anyone else come across Clerks like this????

Sounds a little extreme.

Maybe she was hittin' on ya in her own weird little way.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Member #0
            January 1, 2000
            0 Posts
            Posted: October 17, 2011, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

i would call papa john manager and complain. i never split pizza with cashier. bad service in my opining

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: October 17, 2011, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

ive never had a clerk be that rude to me, but all the time they ask me to split it with them or give them something if i win,and i just tell them yes but if i ever hit it they are getting jack squat.

Better make sure they don't have a video camera with audio going.

They might claim they have an oral contract, LOL.

--Edmund Burke

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                Whiskey Island
                United States
                Member #90216
                April 24, 2010
                12808 Posts
                Posted: October 17, 2011, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

It's just someone wanting something for none thing .  Thinking their entitled to youre winnings . I've had some clerks do the same at the reguler stores  , They ask me to split my winnings I  tell the 1 or 2  when I cash my tickets" Invest your own money in Tickets . " They are like well you win often enough you should splt . It tell them its my time and money not theirs and tell them " Your not entitled to any of my winnings  " .

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
                  The Ville, FL
                  United States
                  Member #95879
                  August 19, 2010
                  1708 Posts
                  Posted: October 17, 2011, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Sounds a little extreme.

I've met some weird ones before Ridge, I wldnt put it past her. I've had some just show up at my house buck nekked. Those were the good ole days

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: October 17, 2011, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

I've met some weird ones before Ridge, I wldnt put it past her. I've had some just show up at my house buck nekked. Those were the good ole days

Yes, I've had to counsel and console a few of those in my day.

Sometimes they just need to be held.

And given a few shots of Jack in case of snakebite.

--Edmund Burke

Raven62's avatar - binary
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #17843
                      June 28, 2005
                      50995 Posts
                      Posted: October 17, 2011, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

Total Nonsense!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

sully16's avatar - sharan
                        Ringleader
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #81740
                        October 28, 2009
                        41925 Posts
                        Posted: October 17, 2011, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

You should go in there and ask her if she wants to share some head lice shampoo also.

not to late to tell the owner, your probably not her first.

HyperBe Happy.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: October 17, 2011, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

You should go in there and ask her if she wants to share some head lice shampoo also.

not to late to tell the owner, your probably not her first.

"You should go in there and ask her if she wants to share some head lice shampoo also."

LOL

--Edmund Burke

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
                            Member #32537
                            February 12, 2006
                            698 Posts
                            Posted: October 17, 2011, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

your more nice then me, i would of told her on spot, go "F word" your self, and called her a ever ugly name i could think of on the spot ontop of calling her a lowlife leech.

i was rasied to be a evil mofo when disrepected in real life. i never hold back onless i got friends doing so rofl.

i have had family joke about getting some money if i won once

, and i told them on the spot, not even a penny they would get and to go get their own ticket to play

", and when i got the line back," if i won, i would share with you"  i rolled my eyes ,as i replyed, will am not you, and i hate sharing what's MINE.

i don't want anyone, not even family, to think am some ATM. and share the wealth type,       hell my family scares me, as  when 1 person said in my family

, i give ever family member money,    i was like, oh god noooooooooooooo, this very person that be at my door if i ever won with hands out and no gulit or shame when they beg, i flat out told them. ahead of time NO chance in hell.

they all know  i am very conservative and hate very idea of bailouts,   yet they tryed this pity party logic on me anyway, that scares me.

but what they don't know is i plan to hide under a trust and fool them all anyway.  , i never come out, i be hiding it better then closest gays hide their love life.

,  if i had cure for  lung cancer, i keep it to my self, why, cease i hate smokers!

hell, if my family won,  i tell them to keep their money, and tell flat out tell them, best investments , never  invest into  said person without a proven track record etc. such as a divind paying stock that has a decade plus track record of great returns, etc. and never ever give begers money, tell everyone noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

, if its 1 word a lottery winner must master, its "no"

as their many more begers and they are ungrateful pigs.

how to prove it, look at ever govt leech, er person who gets free stuff form govt

they robbed other people via tax to do so, , and they want more and more, no shame, so many evil bad people who are  down right  missed up in head, they get mad when you ever say nooooooo to their wants and needs

the fact is,  clerks who try this should be yelled at,

all i can say to you, is never buy a ticket at that store anymore,  take it as a sign to shop else where form now on, screw that clerk, and screw that store.

United States
                              Member #26330
                              November 16, 2005
                              330 Posts
                              Posted: October 17, 2011, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

Sounds a little extreme.

Hmm that would be strange but I guess wierder things could happen...LOL   She was a young cute hispanic lady....I guess maybe it could have been mis comunication as my Spanish is terrible!  Maybe I should go and buy another QP to see if I can get her digits??  HAHAHAHAWink    It wouldn't be the first time I have attracted a crazy girlfriend!