Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ughh...So Angry at a Clerk at my Gas Station!

Topic closed. 62 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Wheeler.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Raven62's avatar - binary
New Jersey
United States
Member #17843
June 28, 2005
49835 Posts
Posted: October 20, 2011, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

Question: "Are you going to split it with me if you win"?   

Answer: "Are you still going to be here when I call the police?  I intend to charge you with extortion for witholding my ticket after I paid for it and it became my personal property.

Good One! LOL

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49835 Posts
    Posted: October 20, 2011, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

LOL, how dare this clerk jokingly ask a customer if he will split a potential jackpot! Clearly, she's trying to extort money that this customer will clearly be beholden to sharing with her! I'm sure that security cameras recording the conversation will verify that said customer must indeed share a potential jackpot with said employee, as this constitutes a binding verbal contract! Never mind that the employee was clearly kidding and handed the customer the ticket. She clearly needs to go away for a looooong time!

Seriously, it's attitudes like these that make me realize why America is losing ground to the rest of the world. It's one thing to barely have a clue how the real world works. It's quite another to spread such ignorance so proudly. I honestly wish you were in this situation and that I were there to hear you get laughed at by the police for seriously suggesting that this clerk was committing extortion.

It's Greed: They All Want a Share of It!

New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49835 Posts
      Posted: October 20, 2011, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps she was being rude, or just came off that way because she was busy. Honestly, get over yourself. Being a clerk is not an easy job when they have to deal with people with such delicate sensibilities and a propensity for random angry outbursts (obviously, you're not such a person, but from experience I can tell you that a good number are).

And honestly, no manager in their right mind would seriously fire or heavily reprimand an employee for borderline perceived rudeness (leaving it on a FAR END of the counter is really that bad for you? really?) towards a lotto customer. From their perspective, the lottery is something they have no choice but to have in their businesses (it's almost always part of the franchise agreement) and provides such a low profit regarding the amount of time spent operating the machine (not that it's at all difficult, but it can be time consuming relative to a clerk's other tasks).

If you're really so upset over something so minor that you have to vent on an internet message board, then you're probably wasting your time and energy. But it's a free country, so....

Compulsive Whining About Trifles: Is the New Normal!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: October 20, 2011, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

That's not what happened Jack.  The clerk wasn't joking, at least not based on what was described here.  The point of my comment was to convey to the clerk that what she did was inappropriate.  Sometimes the only way to get through to someone is to express that in an extreme way.  It's one thing to joke with someone and say are you going to split that jackpot with me while you're handing the customer the ticket with a smile on your face.  It's another to keep the ticket aside while helping another customer. 

I think the point that you're missing Jack is that something this clerk did really upset the person who posted this topic, enough to post the topic.  You're defending the behavior of the clerk, but you're showing no compassion for the person who posted the topic. 

"It's quite another to spread such ignorance so proudly. I honestly wish you were in this situation and that I were there to hear you get laughed at by the police for seriously suggesting that this clerk was committing extortion."

I guess ignorance begets ignorance Jack. I admit when I make mistakes, do you?

Don't pay any attention to jackie, karinda.

He's obviously a disgruntled, minimum wage, 7/11 clerk, mad at the world for his lot in life.

Hey jackie! Slushee cleanup in Aisle 2!  LOL

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

temptustoo's avatar - cat anm.gif
          usa
          United States
          Member #89197
          April 2, 2010
          2818 Posts
          Posted: October 20, 2011, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

He keeps saying JACK , who is Jack.. LOL...

temptustoo's avatar - cat anm.gif
            usa
            United States
            Member #89197
            April 2, 2010
            2818 Posts
            Posted: October 20, 2011, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Compulsive Whining About Trifles: Is the New Normal!

U said that so well..   and it is SO true !

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
              Dallas, Texas
              United States
              Member #4549
              May 2, 2004
              1739 Posts
              Posted: October 20, 2011, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

"You gonna split with me?"

"We can discuss that over dinner tonight."

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: October 20, 2011, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

"You gonna split with me?"

"We can discuss that over dinner tonight."

LOLThumbs Up

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

karinda's avatar - WINGS
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #108445
                  March 25, 2011
                  2855 Posts
                  Posted: October 20, 2011, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

He's obviously a disgruntled, minimum wage, 7/11 clerk, mad at the world for his lot in life.

I've been informed that it's attitudes like mine that make people realize why America is losing ground to the rest of the world. Not only do I barely have a clue as to how the real world works, but I proudly spread ignorance. Patriot

(Holy smokes!  Shocked )  I'm having a little trouble shaking this one off Ridge. No Nod   I didn't deserve it. Smash  All because

I think what the woman did was totally inappropriate.  It was inappropriate.  I can tell you many stories

about the monkey business that goes on in some of these places when I've purchased tickets, and what I've

watched  happen to other customers too.  Wrong is wrong especially when a customer is made to feel uncomfortable.

She wasn't joking, she was serious, because she put the ticket aside and walked away.  I don't remember who

said it here but I agreed 100% with them;  that wasn't the first time that she's done that.  She's looking for someone

to give her something if they win, whether it's $10, or $10,000. 

( BTW:  I worked at a 7-11 when I was in High School. Smile  When I worked there we served the customers

coffee. Coffee  There weren't any self-serve coffee stations like they have now and 7-11 didn't sell lottery tickets

then either. )

Thanks for the back Ridge. Sad Cheers 

sully16's avatar - sharan
                    Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    40611 Posts
                    Posted: October 20, 2011, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

LOL, how dare this clerk jokingly ask a customer if he will split a potential jackpot! Clearly, she's trying to extort money that this customer will clearly be beholden to sharing with her! I'm sure that security cameras recording the conversation will verify that said customer must indeed share a potential jackpot with said employee, as this constitutes a binding verbal contract! Never mind that the employee was clearly kidding and handed the customer the ticket. She clearly needs to go away for a looooong time!

Seriously, it's attitudes like these that make me realize why America is losing ground to the rest of the world. It's one thing to barely have a clue how the real world works. It's quite another to spread such ignorance so proudly. I honestly wish you were in this situation and that I were there to hear you get laughed at by the police for seriously suggesting that this clerk was committing extortion.

4 posts and Jackfull-of-it is here to kindly inform us of how dumb and petty we are,

Did you read the entire first post of this thread ?

Have you read any of the threads here about dis-honest clerks?

Whats causing America to lose ground is the entitlement attitude compounded with poor SERVICE ! now shut the computor off, You got customers who want some taquitos.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: October 20, 2011, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

The wimmin clerks give tiggs money to buy at their stores they love tiggs so much..Bless'em.....

Pure luck

United States
                        Member #118014
                        October 20, 2011
                        11 Posts
                        Posted: October 21, 2011, 12:43 am - IP Logged

Ah, I see, you're a bigoted loser in addition to being an idiot. No wonder they say that the lottery is a tax on the stupid.

You remind me of those pathetic bitter old men standing in line ahead of me who threatens to fight anyone who complains about hogging the clerk.

Continue deluding yourself about those insane dreams you're buying. Big Grin

United States
                          Member #118014
                          October 20, 2011
                          11 Posts
                          Posted: October 21, 2011, 12:46 am - IP Logged

4 posts and Jackfull-of-it is here to kindly inform us of how dumb and petty we are,

Did you read the entire first post of this thread ?

Have you read any of the threads here about dis-honest clerks?

Whats causing America to lose ground is the entitlement attitude compounded with poor SERVICE ! now shut the computor off, You got customers who want some taquitos.

I see. So anyone who feels sympathy for a clerk is automatically someone who works as one. Do America a favor and get off welfare. Maybe then you'll make the rest of us feel better when you piss away your own money instead of the taxpayers'.

United States
                            Member #118014
                            October 20, 2011
                            11 Posts
                            Posted: October 21, 2011, 12:53 am - IP Logged

That's not what happened Jack.  The clerk wasn't joking, at least not based on what was described here.  The point of my comment was to convey to the clerk that what she did was inappropriate.  Sometimes the only way to get through to someone is to express that in an extreme way.  It's one thing to joke with someone and say are you going to split that jackpot with me while you're handing the customer the ticket with a smile on your face.  It's another to keep the ticket aside while helping another customer. 

I think the point that you're missing Jack is that something this clerk did really upset the person who posted this topic, enough to post the topic.  You're defending the behavior of the clerk, but you're showing no compassion for the person who posted the topic. 

"It's quite another to spread such ignorance so proudly. I honestly wish you were in this situation and that I were there to hear you get laughed at by the police for seriously suggesting that this clerk was committing extortion."

I guess ignorance begets ignorance Jack. I admit when I make mistakes, do you?

"I think the point that you're missing Jack is that something this clerk did really upset the person who posted this topic, enough to post the topic.  You're defending the behavior of the clerk, but you're showing no compassion for the person who posted the topic. "

Not at all true. If I were showing a "lack of compassion," I would have said something to original poster.

I wasn't there. I don't know if that's exactly what happened. I just find your ignorance about what is and isn't extortion amusing. However, it's easier to change the subject and make stuff up rather than face the idiocy of strawmen logic, isn't it?

New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #17843
                              June 28, 2005
                              49835 Posts
                              Posted: October 21, 2011, 2:00 am - IP Logged

That would be Good: If you were there you could be a Witness to the Extortion Attempt and Testify in Court!