Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ughh...So Angry at a Clerk at my Gas Station!

Topic closed. 62 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Wheeler.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #118014
October 20, 2011
11 Posts
Posted: October 21, 2011, 2:53 am - IP Logged

That would be Good: If you were there you could be a Witness to the Extortion Attempt and Testify in Court!

Yeah, I'm absolutely certain that if we went before Judge Reinhold (who, I'm certain, you know is the toughtest judge in America), he'd throw the book at the woman for said extortion!

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40402 Posts
    Posted: October 21, 2011, 8:17 am - IP Logged

I see. So anyone who feels sympathy for a clerk is automatically someone who works as one. Do America a favor and get off welfare. Maybe then you'll make the rest of us feel better when you piss away your own money instead of the taxpayers'.

GET OFF THE WELFARE, HAHAHAHA Your funny !

Your a Liberal plant pretending to be conservative , How sad is that?

You've probably been sent to the land of no avatar once before and it will happen again.

Enjoy your trouble making while you can.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40402 Posts
      Posted: October 21, 2011, 8:38 am - IP Logged

Ah, I see, you're a bigoted loser in addition to being an idiot. No wonder they say that the lottery is a tax on the stupid.

You remind me of those pathetic bitter old men standing in line ahead of me who threatens to fight anyone who complains about hogging the clerk.

Continue deluding yourself about those insane dreams you're buying. Big Grin

Why all the name calling ?

If you think lottery is stupid, why are you Here ?

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Kidzmom's avatar - cold
        NC
        United States
        Member #11741
        February 23, 2005
        1233 Posts
        Posted: October 21, 2011, 8:53 am - IP Logged

She had the nerve to keep the tickets that you had paid for by putting them on the far side of the counter and walked off to take care of another customer? I must say she is fortunate because I would have created such a fuss in that store I guarantee she would not be employed there tomorrow. Not only should you inform the Manager, you should also contact the Lottery office in your state. Trust me, it does not sound like the first time she has done this.  This matter should be investigated. I wonder if the winning tickets holders get the right amount from her if they win on scratch - offs! WOW!Rant

Yes, definitely contact the Lottery officials and let them know what happened and the name of the store!!P***ed

Be kind to a stranger because you never know when you are talking to an angel.Blue Angel

KZM

olplugger's avatar - moon2
          Mechanicsville, VA
          United States
          Member #84145
          December 23, 2009
          1523 Posts
          Posted: October 21, 2011, 8:57 am - IP Logged

Ok So I have to blow of some steam at a clerk.  I went to get some gas and then went inside to get some Powerball tickets for Wed. Drawing.(So Far so good) After she printed off my QP's  I handed over my money and reached for my ticket and she held it away...I thought she was joking with me when she said "Are you going to spit it with me if you win"?   I said if you give me $2.50(1/2 the money for the 5 QP's)...She laid down the ticket on the far side of the counter and walked off to take care of another customer at another register.  So I reached across the counter took my ticket and left...but I wish I had spoken to the manager or told her how rude she was being.   I was shocked.  I have never come across a clerk that acted like this in all my years of buying lotto tickets...Some joke and say will you take care of me but most are just having some fun.    Thanks for letting me vent...Anyone else come across Clerks like this????

Never have come across a clerk like you did.  If I did, I might not go back to that store again.  Hope that doesn't happen to you again.  However, I think I would go back and tell the manager about it, then never go back in the store again.  But that's just me...an 'ol plugger!

"Whatever the human mind can conceive and believe it can achieve."

Napoleon Hill, Author of "Think & Grow Rich"

karinda's avatar - WINGS
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #108445
            March 25, 2011
            2855 Posts
            Posted: October 21, 2011, 9:22 am - IP Logged

"I think the point that you're missing Jack is that something this clerk did really upset the person who posted this topic, enough to post the topic.  You're defending the behavior of the clerk, but you're showing no compassion for the person who posted the topic. "

Not at all true. If I were showing a "lack of compassion," I would have said something to original poster.

I wasn't there. I don't know if that's exactly what happened. I just find your ignorance about what is and isn't extortion amusing. However, it's easier to change the subject and make stuff up rather than face the idiocy of strawmen logic, isn't it?

You find my so-called ignorance about what extortion is amusing because you're arrogant. The same way you would find it amusing to watch me or anyone else get something wrong because you feel superior to everyone.  If you weren't arrogant you would have responded contructively. But that's a different subject.

ex·tor·tion
            noun

an act or instance of extorting.
            Law. the crime of obtaining money or some other thing of value by the abuse of one's office or authority.
            oppressive or illegal exaction, as of excessive price or interest: the extortions of usurers.
            anything extorted.

Is "extortion a stretch?  Perhaps.  Could I argue my point?  Definitely.

The clerk sold a ticket to one of our own. He paid for the ticket (thing of value) Then she kept the ticket behind the counter (abuse of one's office or authority) The only reason he got his ticket was because he was able to reach for it, which is outrageous right there.  And what keeps getting lost is her motive for doing it.  She asked whether or not he would share the jackpot, and when she didn't get the answer that she wanted, she DIDN'T HAND OVER THE TICKET that he already paid for!!!

karinda's avatar - WINGS
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #108445
              March 25, 2011
              2855 Posts
              Posted: October 21, 2011, 9:51 am - IP Logged

Ah, I see, you're a bigoted loser in addition to being an idiot. No wonder they say that the lottery is a tax on the stupid.

You remind me of those pathetic bitter old men standing in line ahead of me who threatens to fight anyone who complains about hogging the clerk.

Continue deluding yourself about those insane dreams you're buying. Big Grin

Does cruelty come naturally Jack, or do you have to work at it?

karinda's avatar - WINGS
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #108445
                March 25, 2011
                2855 Posts
                Posted: October 21, 2011, 10:14 am - IP Logged

I see. So anyone who feels sympathy for a clerk is automatically someone who works as one. Do America a favor and get off welfare. Maybe then you'll make the rest of us feel better when you piss away your own money instead of the taxpayers'.

ar·ro·gant

adj \'er-?-g?nt, 'a-r?-\

Definition of ARROGANT

: exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance often by an overbearing manner <an arrogant official>
                : showing an offensive attitude of superiority : proceeding from or characterized by arrogance <an arrogant reply>
                  karinda's avatar - WINGS
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #108445
                  March 25, 2011
                  2855 Posts
                  Posted: October 21, 2011, 10:43 am - IP Logged

You've probably been sent to the land of no avatar once before and it will happen again.

"You've probably been sent to the land of no avatar ... "

Sully, This is classic.  I can't stop laughing.  "The land of no avatar".

OMG!!! Green laugh

Raven62's avatar - binary
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #17843
                    June 28, 2005
                    49699 Posts
                    Posted: October 21, 2011, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I'm absolutely certain that if we went before Judge Reinhold (who, I'm certain, you know is the toughtest judge in America), he'd throw the book at the woman for said extortion!

That's the Judge that Hung the Jury and Let the Criminal Go! LOL

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: October 21, 2011, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

tiggs is reporting jackfullofit to pumpi...He'll be sorry!!!..

Pure luck

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                        Harbinger
                        D.C./MD.
                        United States
                        Member #44103
                        July 30, 2006
                        5583 Posts
                        Posted: October 22, 2011, 10:18 am - IP Logged

I laugh long time!!!!!!!!!!!! LONA you gonna be a LONA in the LONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green laugh

Hickory, NC
                          United States
                          Member #113297
                          July 6, 2011
                          110 Posts
                          Posted: October 22, 2011, 10:51 am - IP Logged

I would say "Are you going to give me half of my losing?" Green laugh

Raven62's avatar - binary
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #17843
                            June 28, 2005
                            49699 Posts
                            Posted: October 22, 2011, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

I would say "Are you going to give me half of my losing?" Green laugh

Sounds Fair! LOL

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

NASHVILLE, TENN
                              United States
                              Member #33372
                              February 20, 2006
                              1044 Posts
                              Posted: October 22, 2011, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

and don't forget your manners.  Say "Grassy Asssh" afterwards.