Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ughh...So Angry at a Clerk at my Gas Station!

Topic closed. 62 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Wheeler.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: October 17, 2011, 11:55 pm - IP Logged

Hmm that would be strange but I guess wierder things could happen...LOL   She was a young cute hispanic lady....I guess maybe it could have been mis comunication as my Spanish is terrible!  Maybe I should go and buy another QP to see if I can get her digits??  HAHAHAHAWink    It wouldn't be the first time I have attracted a crazy girlfriend!

Yep!

Next time you go in there, walk up to her and say: Bonus natchez Sencherina! (They like when you speak their language). She'll be like putty in yer hands.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Empress-N's avatar - voodoo
    If That # Looks Good, Play It!!!
    United States
    Member #73903
    April 28, 2009
    1433 Posts
    Posted: October 18, 2011, 12:19 am - IP Logged

Yep!

Next time you go in there, walk up to her and say: Bonus natchez Sencherina! (They like when you speak their language). She'll be like putty in yer hands.

ROFLMAO, Rdgrnr you are hilarious.

Nacho        Test Taste Before You DIP.        Nachitas

$1 Billion

Touch The Money For Luck!!!

"Claim It! Believe It! Receive It!"

I am who I am,   Not because of who I am,   But because the Great I AM,   Made me who I am.

Power Numbers   Where Is The Courtesy ??  Universal Dreams  Empress-N Hot Triads  All States P4 - Triads
    Lotto Losers Lounge  WV - P3   WV - P4  Harve$t Moon Billionaires Club - Members Only  H$M - Holiday Music TRIADS All States P4  Lottery Bible 

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: October 18, 2011, 12:39 am - IP Logged

ROFLMAO, Rdgrnr you are hilarious.

Nacho        Test Taste Before You DIP.        Nachitas

Well thank ya lil darlin, I'm beholden to ya!

That's good advice too, thanks.  Naughty

--Edmund Burke

United States
        Member #26330
        November 16, 2005
        330 Posts
        Posted: October 18, 2011, 11:45 am - IP Logged

Yep!

ROFL  LOL!  I can always count on you for a good laugh rdgrnr!!     Then do I say Hola bendacho??  HAHAHA

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: October 18, 2011, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

ROFL  LOL!  I can always count on you for a good laugh rdgrnr!!     Then do I say Hola bendacho??  HAHAHA

Yeah, "Holer Bendecko", "Kay Passer", all that romantic stuff!  She'll be swoonin' all over the place.  Lover   Thumbs Up

--Edmund Burke

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #94283
            July 17, 2010
            2284 Posts
            Posted: October 18, 2011, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

Maybe she was joking, but putting the tickets out of your reach was going too far.

And I'd be careful joking back, because she could take you to court if you win, claiming you did promise her half.  Anytime ANYBODY, friend, stranger, enemy jokes with me about sharing, I emphatically say No!  I take some grief over not having a sense of humor, but no way am I going to jeopardize my $$$ over a joke.  And that's not how I want to spend the first year after I win, sitting in lawyer's office and in court fighting over the $$$.

temptustoo's avatar - cat anm.gif
              usa
              United States
              Member #89197
              April 2, 2010
              2817 Posts
              Posted: October 18, 2011, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

OVER REACTION if you ask me.. NOW lets get the gal fired ... GEEEZZZZZZ   can't play around with anyone anymore...

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7302 Posts
                Posted: October 18, 2011, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

OVER REACTION if you ask me.. NOW lets get the gal fired ... GEEEZZZZZZ   can't play around with anyone anymore...

Maybe this clerk read some of the topics right here on LP where members assume ownership of numbers by saying "play MY numbers" or "MY combos". Wonder if any of our members have asked for their cut when "THEIR" numbers were drawn?

Artemis's avatar - Alice
                  New England
                  United States
                  Member #100508
                  November 13, 2010
                  96 Posts
                  Posted: October 18, 2011, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

Kind of a weird way to joke around, but like some said maybe it's a language barrier lol. 

If a clerk was nice, and didn't ask when they sold me the winning Jackpot ticket, then I would throw a few thousand their way :-)

karinda's avatar - WINGS
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #108445
                    March 25, 2011
                    2855 Posts
                    Posted: October 19, 2011, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

Ok So I have to blow of some steam at a clerk.  I went to get some gas and then went inside to get some Powerball tickets for Wed. Drawing.(So Far so good) After she printed off my QP's  I handed over my money and reached for my ticket and she held it away...I thought she was joking with me when she said "Are you going to spit it with me if you win"?   I said if you give me $2.50(1/2 the money for the 5 QP's)...She laid down the ticket on the far side of the counter and walked off to take care of another customer at another register.  So I reached across the counter took my ticket and left...but I wish I had spoken to the manager or told her how rude she was being.   I was shocked.  I have never come across a clerk that acted like this in all my years of buying lotto tickets...Some joke and say will you take care of me but most are just having some fun.    Thanks for letting me vent...Anyone else come across Clerks like this????

Question: "Are you going to split it with me if you win"?   

Answer: "Are you still going to be here when I call the police?  I intend to charge you with extortion for witholding my ticket after I paid for it and it became my personal property.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5118 Posts
                      Posted: October 20, 2011, 1:48 am - IP Logged

Sounds a little extreme.

Maybe she was hittin' on ya in her own weird little way.

sounds a bit sextreme 2 me 2 BananaPartyBanana

Jack-in-the-Box

United States
                        Member #118014
                        October 20, 2011
                        11 Posts
                        Posted: October 20, 2011, 6:50 am - IP Logged

Question: "Are you going to split it with me if you win"?   

Answer: "Are you still going to be here when I call the police?  I intend to charge you with extortion for witholding my ticket after I paid for it and it became my personal property.

LOL, how dare this clerk jokingly ask a customer if he will split a potential jackpot! Clearly, she's trying to extort money that this customer will clearly be beholden to sharing with her! I'm sure that security cameras recording the conversation will verify that said customer must indeed share a potential jackpot with said employee, as this constitutes a binding verbal contract! Never mind that the employee was clearly kidding and handed the customer the ticket. She clearly needs to go away for a looooong time!

Seriously, it's attitudes like these that make me realize why America is losing ground to the rest of the world. It's one thing to barely have a clue how the real world works. It's quite another to spread such ignorance so proudly. I honestly wish you were in this situation and that I were there to hear you get laughed at by the police for seriously suggesting that this clerk was committing extortion.

United States
                          Member #118014
                          October 20, 2011
                          11 Posts
                          Posted: October 20, 2011, 7:01 am - IP Logged

i would call papa john manager and complain. i never split pizza with cashier. bad service in my opining

Perhaps she was being rude, or just came off that way because she was busy. Honestly, get over yourself. Being a clerk is not an easy job when they have to deal with people with such delicate sensibilities and a propensity for random angry outbursts (obviously, you're not such a person, but from experience I can tell you that a good number are).

And honestly, no manager in their right mind would seriously fire or heavily reprimand an employee for borderline perceived rudeness (leaving it on a FAR END of the counter is really that bad for you? really?) towards a lotto customer. From their perspective, the lottery is something they have no choice but to have in their businesses (it's almost always part of the franchise agreement) and provides such a low profit regarding the amount of time spent operating the machine (not that it's at all difficult, but it can be time consuming relative to a clerk's other tasks).

If you're really so upset over something so minor that you have to vent on an internet message board, then you're probably wasting your time and energy. But it's a free country, so....

karinda's avatar - WINGS
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #108445
                            March 25, 2011
                            2855 Posts
                            Posted: October 20, 2011, 7:24 am - IP Logged

LOL, how dare this clerk jokingly ask a customer if he will split a potential jackpot! Clearly, she's trying to extort money that this customer will clearly be beholden to sharing with her! I'm sure that security cameras recording the conversation will verify that said customer must indeed share a potential jackpot with said employee, as this constitutes a binding verbal contract! Never mind that the employee was clearly kidding and handed the customer the ticket. She clearly needs to go away for a looooong time!

Seriously, it's attitudes like these that make me realize why America is losing ground to the rest of the world. It's one thing to barely have a clue how the real world works. It's quite another to spread such ignorance so proudly. I honestly wish you were in this situation and that I were there to hear you get laughed at by the police for seriously suggesting that this clerk was committing extortion.

That's not what happened Jack.  The clerk wasn't joking, at least not based on what was described here.  The point of my comment was to convey to the clerk that what she did was inappropriate.  Sometimes the only way to get through to someone is to express that in an extreme way.  It's one thing to joke with someone and say are you going to split that jackpot with me while you're handing the customer the ticket with a smile on your face.  It's another to keep the ticket aside while helping another customer. 

I think the point that you're missing Jack is that something this clerk did really upset the person who posted this topic, enough to post the topic.  You're defending the behavior of the clerk, but you're showing no compassion for the person who posted the topic. 

"It's quite another to spread such ignorance so proudly. I honestly wish you were in this situation and that I were there to hear you get laughed at by the police for seriously suggesting that this clerk was committing extortion."

I guess ignorance begets ignorance Jack. I admit when I make mistakes, do you?

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7302 Posts
                              Posted: October 20, 2011, 9:32 am - IP Logged

Perhaps she was being rude, or just came off that way because she was busy. Honestly, get over yourself. Being a clerk is not an easy job when they have to deal with people with such delicate sensibilities and a propensity for random angry outbursts (obviously, you're not such a person, but from experience I can tell you that a good number are).

And honestly, no manager in their right mind would seriously fire or heavily reprimand an employee for borderline perceived rudeness (leaving it on a FAR END of the counter is really that bad for you? really?) towards a lotto customer. From their perspective, the lottery is something they have no choice but to have in their businesses (it's almost always part of the franchise agreement) and provides such a low profit regarding the amount of time spent operating the machine (not that it's at all difficult, but it can be time consuming relative to a clerk's other tasks).

If you're really so upset over something so minor that you have to vent on an internet message board, then you're probably wasting your time and energy. But it's a free country, so....

"From their perspective, the lottery is something they have no choice but to have in their businesses"

Lottery tickets are no different than any other product the store sells and costumers won't shop there if they hear silly comments about every thing they buy. Has a clerk ever asked you to split a bag of chips, milk, or the gas you put into your vehicle with them?

"If you're really so upset over something so minor that you have to vent on an internet message board, then you're probably wasting your time and energy.  "

Thousands of lottery players read topics on LP every day; situations like this are common and how to handle them can be informative and valuable information. Will being a member of LP for "one whole day" qualify you as an expert on how other other members should spend their time posting?

I'd say "welcome to LP" but I doubt you'll be here very long,