Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

FYI sad situation

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 5 years ago by topazz28.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
trulyblessed's avatar - yocco
Durham, North Carolina
United States
Member #58710
February 23, 2008
6882 Posts
Posted: November 7, 2011, 7:05 am - IP Logged

This really saddens me. I remember Kobra well. My prayers go out to both families.

Lovies

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23345 Posts
    Posted: November 7, 2011, 7:36 am - IP Logged

Tragic story, but the most tragic thing is the life he attempted to murder.  I hope the man is able to recover, it does not sound good.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

kennedygrandma's avatar - nw shadow.jpg
      gastonia nc
      United States
      Member #54044
      August 2, 2007
      984 Posts
      Posted: November 7, 2011, 9:00 am - IP Logged

This is a very sad story for everyone I remember him being on here. I am praying for everyone involved we never know what people are going through.

United States
        Member #69530
        January 11, 2009
        7803 Posts
        Posted: November 7, 2011, 9:23 am - IP Logged

This is a very sad story for everyone I remember him being on here. I am praying for everyone involved we never know what people are going through.

Dang, its hard to imagine kobra pullin that stuff.

He and i actually got along very well here on lotterypost...he was also very attentive and was wanting to learn and who also seen the pitfalls of excessive gambling..it is also sad that he wasnt able to keep his own actions in order ...

very sad news very sad...

rest in peace Kobra.

jbarn884's avatar - 15qw5dg
          Mooresville
          United States
          Member #89728
          April 14, 2010
          675 Posts
          Posted: November 7, 2011, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

I just saw on WXII that Mr Little was shot four times but is expected to make a full recoveryMr. Little's wife stated that even though they had fired Kobra, they still considered him a close friend.

Smiley

topazz28's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg
            Winston-Salem
            United States
            Member #75064
            May 26, 2009
            5812 Posts
            Posted: November 7, 2011, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the update jbarn! I am glad to know that Mr. Little is expected to be OK.

"I am on earth for joy. To give and receive it!

South Carolina
              United States
              Member #18322
              July 9, 2005
              1743 Posts
              Posted: November 7, 2011, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

Is this the same KOBRA who is the author of the D-Sum Pick 3 Strategy ???

Winston-Salem
                United States
                Member #75064
                May 26, 2009
                5812 Posts
                Posted: November 7, 2011, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

Is this the same KOBRA who is the author of the D-Sum Pick 3 Strategy ???

I'm pretty sure that it is not..... did a search and I think the person that you are referring to is named KOLA. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Leelou's avatar - side smile.jpg
                  NC
                  United States
                  Member #89559
                  April 10, 2010
                  54 Posts
                  Posted: November 7, 2011, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

Tragic story, but the most tragic thing is the life he attempted to murder.  I hope the man is able to recover, it does not sound good.

There's not one thing more tragic than the next with this situation!  The whole thing is tragic.

Rip Dixon, I didn't have a chance to personally get to know you, but I wish you could have found the strength to make it through! Your heart was for the people and that is rare.

I pray that God's mercy will rest on you for eternity!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: November 9, 2011, 12:30 am - IP Logged

There's not one thing more tragic than the next with this situation!  The whole thing is tragic.

Rip Dixon, I didn't have a chance to personally get to know you, but I wish you could have found the strength to make it through! Your heart was for the people and that is rare.

I pray that God's mercy will rest on you for eternity!

"There's not one thing more tragic than the next with this situation!"

Yes there is. Oh, yes there is.

An innocent, unarmed man was shot four times for no legitimate reason.

That is waaaay more tragic than somebody taking their own life.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                      Clarksville
                      United States
                      Member #487
                      July 15, 2002
                      17638 Posts
                      Posted: November 9, 2011, 1:07 am - IP Logged

I agree 100 per cent.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

Winston-Salem
                        United States
                        Member #75064
                        May 26, 2009
                        5812 Posts
                        Posted: November 10, 2011, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Richard Dixon

DIXON     WINSTON-SALEM ~ Richard Dixon, 25, died Sunday, Nov. 6, 2011. Funeral will be at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 12, at the Russell Funeral Home Chapel. (RUSSELL).

Published in Winston-Salem Journal on November 10, 2011

Winston-Salem
                          United States
                          Member #75064
                          May 26, 2009
                          5812 Posts
                          Posted: November 10, 2011, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

Richard Dixon

DIXON     WINSTON-SALEM ~ Richard Dixon, 25, died Sunday, Nov. 6, 2011. Funeral will be at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 12, at the Russell Funeral Home Chapel. (RUSSELL).

Published in Winston-Salem Journal on November 10, 2011

Here is another resource/link

http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1310610&fh_id=13343

Obituaries

Richard Dixon (Died November 6, 2011) Sign Guest Book

Richard Dixon

Mr. Richard Vance Dixon departed this life suddenly on November 6, 2011 Richard was born in W-S, NC on December 21, 1985. After graduating from Parkland High School in 2004 he enlisted in the Navy and was stationed in San Diego, CA. After leaving the navy, Richard worked several jobs. Richard loved spending time with his daughter…calling her the best thing in his life. Richard was preceded in death by his grandparents, Robert and Martha Dixon. He leaves to mourn his passing his mother, Vanessa Dixon; his daughter, Jayden and her mother/his friend Christina Canterbury; his brother, Bernard Dixon; aunts, Cynthia Fair, Vera Carter, and Barbara Dixon; his uncles, Willie (Johnnie) Dixon and Weldon Dixon; his best friend, Cory Hairston; and a host of other cousins, family members and friends. Funeral services will be held at 12:30pm Saturday, November 12, 2011 at the Russell Funeral Home Chapel. Interment will follow in Evergreen Cemetery. The family visitation will be held from 12noon until 12:30pm on Saturday at the funeral home.

Winston-Salem
                            United States
                            Member #75064
                            May 26, 2009
                            5812 Posts
                            Posted: November 22, 2011, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

This is a snipet from a heavenletter #3770  With new eyes

You’re pretty good at estimating the worth of items. When it comes to people, you often fall short. How many people have you dismissed for no reason at all. You tossed their merit aside for an assumed reason, perhaps for the looks of the coat they wore. In your estimation, you somehow devalued people that, if you had seen through whatever blocked you, you might have found inestimable.

Don’t dismiss anyone so that you are not dismissed, for when you dismiss someone, you dismiss yourself.

There is no one who is irrelevant. Everyone is relevant. If someone comes before you or is even seen out of the corner of your eye, he or she came before you. Everyone comes for a reason. You don’t have to know the reason. You just have to acknowledge their presence. They may be tarnished like good silver. You are meant to see beneath outer appearances. Your inner blindness is often someone else’s outer appearance. You are the determinant of someone’s presumed value or lack of.

Sometimes whole peoples are undervalued because of superficialities. Until you know a person, or a nation, your under-evaluation is based on a supposition. Of course, you may attribute value to someone or a nation by the same premise. What do you value? Fame, fortune? Good looks, age, condition of skin? How many superficialities can you think of that decide the course of your life and what people you take into your heart and which people you do not.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/206962/1588655

Now my question is why erase the pictures Todd? How do the pictures and the memories that some of us have of Kobra (Richard) add or take away from lottery post?

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                              Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23345 Posts
                              Posted: November 22, 2011, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

This is a snipet from a heavenletter #3770  With new eyes

You’re pretty good at estimating the worth of items. When it comes to people, you often fall short. How many people have you dismissed for no reason at all. You tossed their merit aside for an assumed reason, perhaps for the looks of the coat they wore. In your estimation, you somehow devalued people that, if you had seen through whatever blocked you, you might have found inestimable.

Don’t dismiss anyone so that you are not dismissed, for when you dismiss someone, you dismiss yourself.

There is no one who is irrelevant. Everyone is relevant. If someone comes before you or is even seen out of the corner of your eye, he or she came before you. Everyone comes for a reason. You don’t have to know the reason. You just have to acknowledge their presence. They may be tarnished like good silver. You are meant to see beneath outer appearances. Your inner blindness is often someone else’s outer appearance. You are the determinant of someone’s presumed value or lack of.

Sometimes whole peoples are undervalued because of superficialities. Until you know a person, or a nation, your under-evaluation is based on a supposition. Of course, you may attribute value to someone or a nation by the same premise. What do you value? Fame, fortune? Good looks, age, condition of skin? How many superficialities can you think of that decide the course of your life and what people you take into your heart and which people you do not.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/206962/1588655

Now my question is why erase the pictures Todd? How do the pictures and the memories that some of us have of Kobra (Richard) add or take away from lottery post?

I'm not sure why you're accusing me of erasing pictures.  They were obviously hosted on some other Web server, and whoever operates that Web server erased them.  Am I supposed to control the content of the entire Internet? 

Maybe you're not familiar with how images work.  I wrote an extensive Help topic about it; you may want to check it out.

If I DID erase an image from LP (this is a big IF, because I did no such thing), then I would have had to have a good reason to do it.  So rather than make an accusation on the public forums, a better approach would have been to contact me through private messaging to ASK about it.  It's much more friendly that way, and less prone to making false accusations.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                              Help eliminate computerized drawings!