Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Tickets For Christmas

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 5 years ago by dr65.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
Mcminnville, Oregon
United States
Member #3013
December 13, 2003
3052 Posts
Posted: December 14, 2011, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

I like to give scratch-its for stocking stuffers but not to my niece and nephews because they are not of age yet.  So usually it is for my mother, sister and brother in law.  It is nice to see them hit a nice prize because usually every christmas they lose on the scratch-its.  But it is fun to see if they will win something.-weshar75

s5thomps's avatar - Lottery-033.jpg
    Hard Luck, Ak
    United States
    Member #23472
    October 13, 2005
    275 Posts
    Posted: December 14, 2011, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

Just give out five $1.00 scratchers each to everyone on your list! Usually the most those scatchers pay is between $100-$300 dollars and are usually sold with holiday themes for a limited time. So if Grandma does win she will be excited and you don't have to lose sleep about the "One that got away!" Couple hundred bucks isn't enough to dramatically change anyones life and I be "OK" with Grandma, cousin, etc.. winning a little extra cash.

Noel   

11 DAYS LEFT TO CHRISTMAS!

"We make a living by what you get, You make a LIFE by what you give!"

Sir Winston ChurchillSun Smiley

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
      North Carolina
      United States
      Member #64582
      September 1, 2008
      347 Posts
      Posted: December 16, 2011, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

Just give out five $1.00 scratchers each to everyone on your list! Usually the most those scatchers pay is between $100-$300 dollars and are usually sold with holiday themes for a limited time. So if Grandma does win she will be excited and you don't have to lose sleep about the "One that got away!" Couple hundred bucks isn't enough to dramatically change anyones life and I be "OK" with Grandma, cousin, etc.. winning a little extra cash.

Noel   

11 DAYS LEFT TO CHRISTMAS!

Yes, this is what I do - IF I buy any for anyone, then I buy the cheapies - I don't mind them winning $1K - they usually need it anyway.

But the big ones - I give to my spouse so essentially, it's to "me".  :-D

"Don't be a schmuck, always take the cash." -Coin Toss

United States
        Member #120281
        December 15, 2011
        35 Posts
        Posted: December 16, 2011, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

Hey suri,

You're so thoughtful, dude. Maybe you could give them as presents after you scratch them.

Just tell them it's the thought that counts.Thumbs Up

This brought a big smile to my face as I read it. Very good.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: December 16, 2011, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

This brought a big smile to my face as I read it. Very good.

Thank you joyceepoo.   Wink

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: December 16, 2011, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't mind giving the Holiday losers away...they can enter them into the Holiday second chance drawing. Big Grin

I'd never give lottery tickets - imagine living with the thought of giving away a cool Million due to a burst of holiday spirit.

Rudolph

You probably could live with it a lot better if they a least gave you back the cost of the ticket.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #74096
              May 2, 2009
              22944 Posts
              Posted: December 17, 2011, 10:52 am - IP Logged

No that's okay, they can keep that but it's the $500k or more possibility I'm looking at here. Not to say it would actually happen but why take that

chance? Confused