Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Take5 NY

13092 replies. Last post 20 minutes ago by GiveFive.

Page 461 of 873
PrintE-mailLink
Guy-Montag's avatar - 2mqurlf
NY
United States
Member #155074
May 7, 2014
34 Posts
Posted: May 7, 2014, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

Greetings Mink!

It's true that there are 5 plays per slip for NY-T5, and it's possible that someone chose the same subset 5x on one card

outside S-Springs yesterday...but, if you check your SAS analysis for NY-T5, this drawing is illogical, as Spock would say.

It's outside all the parameters w.r.t. normal distributions, except the one incoherent person/mule who would play 07-10-11-18-28

5x on a single slip. I think a "group" wheeled 100k and won ~250k, but one mule screwed up a slip. That's the only logic that

I can muster.

Next time I head N to Sarasota w/ the kids, the pitchers of beer, at the track, are on me!

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
    NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3709 Posts
    Posted: May 7, 2014, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

Greetings Mink!

It's true that there are 5 plays per slip for NY-T5, and it's possible that someone chose the same subset 5x on one card

outside S-Springs yesterday...but, if you check your SAS analysis for NY-T5, this drawing is illogical, as Spock would say.

It's outside all the parameters w.r.t. normal distributions, except the one incoherent person/mule who would play 07-10-11-18-28

5x on a single slip. I think a "group" wheeled 100k and won ~250k, but one mule screwed up a slip. That's the only logic that

I can muster.

Next time I head N to Sarasota w/ the kids, the pitchers of beer, at the track, are on me!

Hi and welcome to the T5 forum.

I've seen this kind of thing before, except the multiple winning lines were sold at the same store in Brooklyn.

I'm told it's done by savvy players who want to defeat the pari-mutuel aspect of the game.  The time I saw it happen in Brooklyn, there were a total of five winners, four were player picks, and one was a quick pick. Four of those five were winners were sold in the store Brooklyn, while the fifth winner (the Quick Pick) was sold out on Long Island.

The guy who had the four winners received 80% of the jackpot.  The guy with the other winning ticket took just 20% of it.  For instance, if the JP was 100k, then the guy with 4 winners won 80K, while the other guy won just 20K. 

I've also seen it happen in NY's Sweet Million.  Two winners of a million dollars were sold in Suffern NY at two different stores located on the same street.  The two stores are one block apart.  I never learned if it was done on purpose, or if it was an accident. Theoretically, someone could play the same bet slip in two different stores and not realize they had done it.  In Sweet Million, the first 5 winners of 1 million are NOT pari-mutuel, so there is no advantage to do it, unless there are more than 5 winners of a million dollars.  G5

BTW, you'll have to drive south to go to Sarasota!  Saratoga is north!  Wink

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
      United States
      Member #92609
      June 10, 2010
      3709 Posts
      Posted: May 7, 2014, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

Guy,

Those numba's drawn were all birthdates, ages etc what MANY players use for their picks so the payouts will be much lower that usual.  The person who hit in Saratoga I would say played the same set of numba's on one betslip. I have done that so I could get multiple hits if I am lucky that night. This person was very lucky last night so I can't take anything away from it.  That Stewarts has a history of selling many winning tickets maybe you might want to stop in there on the way to the Track in July. 

MINK

And Minkster, you aint no better!!  The track at Saratoga is open in AUGUST, not July!!!!  If anybody should know that, it's YOU!! 

Ya know, back in August of 1980, the wife and I (she wasn't the wife at the time, she was the girlfriend) went to The Whitney Stakes at Saratoga.  That day, Czarivich was the favorite.  He was set to go off at 2 to 1.  He ran in The Kentucky Derby and had done well, so they entered him in The Whitney.

I had spent my last dime and was flat broke, but SHE had 20 bucks.  So I told her, "Give me that 20, and I'll bet it all on Czarivich.  He's gonna win, he's the favorite, and we'll win 40 bucks!  That way we can stop and have a nice dinner at a nice Restaurant in Albany on the way home."  So she gave me the twenty and I went to the window. 

I think they must have changed Czarivich's name that day, cuz all I heard anybody say after the race was over was "That Son of a Bitxx!"  Somebody said they shot Czarivich on the backstretch, cuz he came in dead last.

Not only that, I wasn't too sure if we had enough gas in the tank to get home. Not a good day.  Ever since that day, she aint ever loaned me money to gamble with either.  Long memory I guess.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
        Watervliet, New York
        United States
        Member #1100
        February 2, 2003
        3193 Posts
        Posted: May 7, 2014, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

And Minkster, you aint no better!!  The track at Saratoga is open in AUGUST, not July!!!!  If anybody should know that, it's YOU!! 

Ya know, back in August of 1980, the wife and I (she wasn't the wife at the time, she was the girlfriend) went to The Whitney Stakes at Saratoga.  That day, Czarivich was the favorite.  He was set to go off at 2 to 1.  He ran in The Kentucky Derby and had done well, so they entered him in The Whitney.

I had spent my last dime and was flat broke, but SHE had 20 bucks.  So I told her, "Give me that 20, and I'll bet it all on Czarivich.  He's gonna win, he's the favorite, and we'll win 40 bucks!  That way we can stop and have a nice dinner at a nice Restaurant in Albany on the way home."  So she gave me the twenty and I went to the window. 

I think they must have changed Czarivich's name that day, cuz all I heard anybody say after the race was over was "That Son of a Bitxx!"  Somebody said they shot Czarivich on the backstretch, cuz he came in dead last.

Not only that, I wasn't too sure if we had enough gas in the tank to get home. Not a good day.  Ever since that day, she aint ever loaned me money to gamble with either.  Long memory I guess.  G5

"Bet with your head..... not over it!" 

NY State
          United States
          Member #92609
          June 10, 2010
          3709 Posts
          Posted: May 7, 2014, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Uh-oh!!  My most sincere apologies Mr. Mink!!

July 18th huh?  I know that day well.  It's my wedding anniversary date...  Was it ever hot that day!

Tell ya what.  For me being such a lunk-head, I'll buy you a beer at the track on July 18th.

NY
            United States
            Member #155074
            May 7, 2014
            34 Posts
            Posted: May 7, 2014, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Greetings G5, and thanks for the welcome!

I remember that Suffern SweetM, since I live in Rockland. I think the winner ran his slip twice by mistake? Probably.

But yesterday's T5 was very unusual. Take a look at the number of winners compared to history, it's very unusual.

Besides, I'm miffed that it was only 260.5 when it was ~ 800 a few days earlier. Angry

United States
              Member #136265
              December 7, 2012
              489 Posts
              Posted: May 7, 2014, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Welcome guy

Playing same plus some fp good luck to all.

GO RED WINGS

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
                Watervliet, New York
                United States
                Member #1100
                February 2, 2003
                3193 Posts
                Posted: May 7, 2014, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

NY Take 5 results for 5/7/14

02-10-20-31-35

Congrats to all the winners!!!

MINK

"Bet with your head..... not over it!" 

United States
                  Member #136265
                  December 7, 2012
                  489 Posts
                  Posted: May 7, 2014, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

Only a fp for me

GO RED WINGS

NY
                    United States
                    Member #155074
                    May 7, 2014
                    34 Posts
                    Posted: May 8, 2014, 2:39 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the welcome Lchange!

Your wishes of good luck helped...

I was so ticked off yesterday morning by the 4/5 payout that I just rolled everything into QPs and didn't

run any FWheels. I usually roll payouts into 50/50 FWheels/QPs. 

As luck would have it...another 4/5 showed up, a QP. My un-played FWheels didn't have a 4/5.

Now, if there are another 5 winning tickets at a different Stewart's, I'm going to "J'accuse"

The Great Architect of the Universe of messing w/ me for sh**s and giggles.

GL to everyone.

United States
                      Member #94616
                      July 24, 2010
                      4735 Posts
                      Posted: May 8, 2014, 4:12 am - IP Logged

I was wondering if anyone else noticed this...so I joined the forum.

This NY Take5 drawing is very unusual, or very suspicious, depending upon one's philosophical proclivity.

Take, for example, the number of "cash winning tickets" which is usually on the average of 8.4k. This drawing had ~11.6k.

Take, for example, the number of "winning free pick tickets", which is usually on the average of 87k. This drawing had ~103k.

Take, for example, the number of "winning 3/5 pick tickets", which is usually on the average of 8.1k. This drawing had ~11.1k.

Take, for example, the number of "winning 4/5 pick tickets", which is usually on the average of 242. This drawing had 411.

Something was very fishy on this draw, and I'm unhappy that my 4/5 ticket only paid 260.50 instead of the usual ~500.

Not only are the stats wildly askew on this drawing, but 5 winning 5/5 ticket at the same local (Saratoga Springs)?

Yea, that was a LOW payout for 4 of 5.  But its Take 5 so nothing is NORMAL with this game.  Congrats on the win!Thumbs Up

NY State
                        United States
                        Member #92609
                        June 10, 2010
                        3709 Posts
                        Posted: May 8, 2014, 6:29 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the welcome Lchange!

Your wishes of good luck helped...

I was so ticked off yesterday morning by the 4/5 payout that I just rolled everything into QPs and didn't

run any FWheels. I usually roll payouts into 50/50 FWheels/QPs. 

As luck would have it...another 4/5 showed up, a QP. My un-played FWheels didn't have a 4/5.

Now, if there are another 5 winning tickets at a different Stewart's, I'm going to "J'accuse"

The Great Architect of the Universe of messing w/ me for sh**s and giggles.

GL to everyone.

Congrats Guy!

Looks to me like you're makin' a habit out of 4/5's.  $526 is more like it too.

NY
                          United States
                          Member #155074
                          May 7, 2014
                          34 Posts
                          Posted: May 8, 2014, 7:01 am - IP Logged

Thanks G5!

I just looked at the pay-outs, and they're back to their usual averages:

~ 8k cash winning tickets, ~200 4/5, ~7.5k 3/5, and ~85k FPs.

My pay-out on 5/5/14 was about a G, which I rolled into 5/6/14 getting only ~450 back,

which I rolled into last night giving ~700. I'm going to roll that again into

tonight's draw.

5/5/14's 4/5 was >600, so I just signed it and sent it

in instead of driving up to Fishkill.

So tonight I'm looking at

823-1 for 5/5

5-1 for 4/5

If the odds are in my favor, the brisket and beer are on me. 

GL to everyone.

NY
                            United States
                            Member #155074
                            May 7, 2014
                            34 Posts
                            Posted: May 8, 2014, 7:12 am - IP Logged

Yea, that was a LOW payout for 4 of 5.  But its Take 5 so nothing is NORMAL with this game.  Congrats on the win!Thumbs Up

Thanks Kapla!

I still think there was something fishier than usual w/ 5/6/14's draw. There are some NORMAL

things one can expect w/ T5, like average number of cash winning tickets etc.

Five winning tickets on a single slip I can understand, even though it's not something I would do

for this pari game. It's the number of winning tickets in each category that was unusual on 5/6/14,

and topping that w/ the 5 winning ticket slip, it's just very weird.

United States
                              Member #136265
                              December 7, 2012
                              489 Posts
                              Posted: May 8, 2014, 7:19 am - IP Logged

So. guy you played 260 qps? If u did wow dut as the book says sow little get little sow much get much. Congrats on win

GO RED WINGS

Page 461 of 873