Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 9:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you REALLY expect to win?

Topic closed. 59 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Artist77.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
Wisconsin
United States
Member #58835
February 27, 2008
148 Posts
Posted: January 26, 2012, 9:53 am - IP Logged

So, a discussion with my husband got me thinking....How many of us *REALLY* expect to win a lotto jackpot and how many of us are doing it to take a chance at luck?

I mentioned to my husband that everytime I DON'T win a jackpot, I am kind of surprised that I didn't win...and he said "REALLY?!?!"  YUP, I really AM surprised everytime I don't win because I really do expect to win someday. 

Anyone else? :)

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: January 26, 2012, 10:07 am - IP Logged

So, a discussion with my husband got me thinking....How many of us *REALLY* expect to win a lotto jackpot and how many of us are doing it to take a chance at luck?

I mentioned to my husband that everytime I DON'T win a jackpot, I am kind of surprised that I didn't win...and he said "REALLY?!?!"  YUP, I really AM surprised everytime I don't win because I really do expect to win someday. 

I ALWAY'S, ALWAY'S, ALWAY'S expect to win a major lotto. The universe is like a giant radio transmitter, sending out a broad band of both postive and negative energy and karma.

If you harbor negative thought's and expectations, you are attracting negative energy and results in your life. What you send out is what you will receive in return.

Playing the lottery involves more than just filling out a betting slip, you must be proactive in your thoughts and energy.

If you truly believe that you will never win.....you probably never will.          Unhappy

Columbus, OH
      United States
      Member #96391
      August 28, 2010
      86 Posts
      Posted: January 26, 2012, 10:17 am - IP Logged

I would not play if I did not expect to win. I had a vision of winning, and I believe that vision will come true. I never played the lottery until 7 years ago after having that vision. So it's real to me and I believe that my time to win the jackpot is coming soon.

United States
        Member #120281
        December 15, 2011
        35 Posts
        Posted: January 26, 2012, 10:42 am - IP Logged

I would not play if I had no expectation of winning.  I am not in this to have fun losing.  Losing is not fun.  I am  in  this for the possibilities.  If there were no possibility then it would be silly of me to play with the expectation of winning.

Orlando, FL
          United States
          Member #115785
          August 28, 2011
          259 Posts
          Posted: January 26, 2012, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! well said

martingorgeous's avatar - azural
            Johannesburg
            South Africa
            Member #113589
            July 12, 2011
            48 Posts
            Posted: January 26, 2012, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I really do expect to win! And I also know the year when my special numbers will come in.Wink

If you cannot visualize winning that huge jackpot then there is really no point in playing the lottery.

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
              British Columbia
              Canada
              Member #116101
              September 4, 2011
              4033 Posts
              Posted: January 26, 2012, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

WiNNiNG WiNNiNG WiNNiNG...Oh Hell Yeah!!!

"You have to be in it to win it!"

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                TX
                United States
                Member #121193
                January 4, 2012
                1637 Posts
                Posted: January 26, 2012, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

I Agree! well said

Always believe I am going to win. Just the timing is off.....Got the red Powerball # right last night Big Smile...Just missed the 5 white ones,  Thud.... spent $4 and won $4

back....Its a start !!!!

Have to think and remain positive.

I am positive i am going to win the big jackpot soon

Chicago
                  United States
                  Member #122152
                  January 25, 2012
                  9 Posts
                  Posted: January 26, 2012, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

Same here! My co-workers and I have our little "WE ARE DUE" pow wow sessions in the office the day after we don't win! Good luck!

imagine's avatar - WINGS

United States
                    Member #85047
                    January 7, 2010
                    102 Posts
                    Posted: January 26, 2012, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

I'm just taking a chance.  I don't expect to win, it would be nice.

So many read the Secret, thought positive, and we went from positive thoughts straight into a global depression.

Thinking positive makes me happy, I don't think it will help me the lottery.

Member #0
                      January 1, 2000
                      0 Posts
                      Posted: January 26, 2012, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

with odds of 20 to 100 million, no, just buy one ticket every so often to donate money to those poor school children.

if i ever master the p-3 with 1,000 to 1 odds, i may consider realistically hoping to win a jp. but until then, it's just a fantasy that 99.9% of the players will never see come true in their lifetime.

United States
                        Member #115450
                        August 20, 2011
                        30 Posts
                        Posted: January 26, 2012, 4:05 pm - IP Logged

I don't know that I expect to win moreso than I hope I win. Big difference. I'm one of those people who rarely play the lottery. Mainly because I usually don't carry cash. So when I do have paper money in my pocket, I just play a PB quickpick from time to time. I never check my ticket expecting to have any numbers correct. I did hit 1 + PB once. I was kind of surprised because I've never guessed the PB before (or since) then.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                          adelaide sa
                          Australia
                          Member #37136
                          April 11, 2006
                          3316 Posts
                          Posted: January 26, 2012, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

im special, not only my mum says so , but so did my school teachers.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                            Mcminnville, Oregon
                            United States
                            Member #3013
                            December 13, 2003
                            3095 Posts
                            Posted: January 26, 2012, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

I have always believed that I would win a major prize in the lottery.  So that is what makes me play as much as possible.  But if I never win I will not be down about it because I know the odds are high.  But I think I am do for a big win in my future and soon.-weshar75

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                              Nova Scotia
                              Canada
                              Member #9934
                              December 27, 2004
                              891 Posts
                              Posted: January 26, 2012, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

I always expect that I will win, I am not sure when I will get the big prize, but there is always the possiblity..!