Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you REALLY expect to win?

Topic closed. 59 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Artist77.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10344 Posts
Posted: January 26, 2012, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

As SLOYAROLE said, hope to win much more than expect to win.

This is quite an entertaining thread, brings to mind the bridge scene from Kelley's Heroes and some other lines from it - Negative waves, Moriarity -

"It ain't my fault, Oddball, I've had nothing but positive thoughts about that bridge all morning"

Green laugh

and it also brings to mind Cubs fans at the beginning of every baseball season.

Smile  turns into Bang Head  as the season goes on.

There are a tleast two poster here at LP (or one poster posing as two people) who said they had a dream of a winning set of numbers or of hiting a jackpot. These dreams weren't recent. All I see something like that doing is causing people to play heavier and heavier and hitting a jackpot becoming an obsession........life fades away in the expectaion of the next drawing and it's disappoinment after disappointment.

Just my $.02

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
    adelaide sa
    Australia
    Member #37136
    April 11, 2006
    3300 Posts
    Posted: January 26, 2012, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

when i look at the odds i think  im not going ot win logically, but also i may be lucky, and that luck is slightly  better if i buy a ticket than if i just hope someone drops a winning ticket in my mail box.

so think im going to win, nope, hope im going to  yes. will i win? not if im not playing.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

vjohnson8's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
      fort
      United States
      Member #72407
      March 17, 2009
      6493 Posts
      Posted: January 26, 2012, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

when i look at the odds i think  im not going ot win logically, but also i may be lucky, and that luck is slightly  better if i buy a ticket than if i just hope someone drops a winning ticket in my mail box.

so think im going to win, nope, hope im going to  yes. will i win? not if im not playing.

your darn right im going two win,, why not me ,, somebody gots to win and its me me meme   val8

LET's get paid$$$$ money rollYes Nod

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1953 Posts
        Posted: January 26, 2012, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

Expect? I KNOW I'm gonna win. lol

Gonna win.Big Smile

gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #58835
          February 27, 2008
          148 Posts
          Posted: January 26, 2012, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

I'm just taking a chance.  I don't expect to win, it would be nice.

So many read the Secret, thought positive, and we went from positive thoughts straight into a global depression.

Thinking positive makes me happy, I don't think it will help me the lottery.

I am a big believer in the secret, but I also believe, in the end, gods will be done...meaning, I hope and pray that in the end whatever I'm 'meant' to have or what's meant to happen to me will come. 

I love reading all of these responses!!  So interesting!! :)

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
            adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            3300 Posts
            Posted: January 26, 2012, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

im the resident pessimist here,  i should have a bet with one of these eternal optimist types. that i will win before they do. we just have to pick a cash amount and a bet amount.

say a $1 game, and $10k, my game is oz lotto, 7/45 around 55 mill to 1 odds. its slightly more than $1 to enter but i only play 1 line on that ea week. and the syndicate name will be yippers.

winner gets adulation from the forum, no point  getting a prize off the loser, they'll still be broke.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
              Texas
              United States
              Member #92330
              June 5, 2010
              887 Posts
              Posted: January 27, 2012, 1:14 am - IP Logged

If you don't think you could win that draw then you shouldn't be playing. There are times when I don't have those thoughts and so I don't play. And even though some people say they don't expect to win or don't think they can win, part of them believes they might win which is why they are playing.

Epistrophy's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                San Diego, CA
                United States
                Member #112369
                June 17, 2011
                187 Posts
                Posted: January 27, 2012, 1:55 am - IP Logged

I do expect to win, just slightly over the line from hoping to win.  But I don't *REALLY* expect to win they way you phrased it and formatted it.

That reminds me of a software program I wrote years ago that warned Administrative users by looping the words "Are you really" with "really" and sure" three times so at the end they were answering "Are you really really really sure?" and I had one guy tell me "When I saw that last message, I had to say 'No' because nobody is THAT sure of anything."

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                  TX
                  United States
                  Member #121193
                  January 4, 2012
                  1637 Posts
                  Posted: January 27, 2012, 8:57 am - IP Logged

I have  been expecting to win on PB and on the Florida Fantasy 5( Got 4 out 5 #s on last nights drawing for $123.00....second time in the last 30 days).....I am Gettin" closer  See Ya!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: January 27, 2012, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

tiggs doe not expext to win and does not want to win..tiggs buys lotto tickets and throws them in the trash after buying tickets..tiggs want's everyone else to win but tiggs...Have to go take meds now and lay down...

Pure luck

Kumo's avatar - ebDWVf6 jpg?1

United States
                      Member #122235
                      January 27, 2012
                      172 Posts
                      Posted: January 27, 2012, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

I've had a bit of a lucky streak throughout my life, not so much on gambling, but in other things. I figure it will eventually rub off sooner or later. Even if I only match 5 numbers at most, I'll still be happy.  :) It also does not hurt to dream once in awhile of how to manage a large chunk of money, I've learned a few very important things recently because of it.

One thing I won't do is spend more than a few bucks on each drawing, I've got my sets of numbers and I am sticking to them. I am not going to go to the poor house by over extending my wallet, it's far more important for my kids to have milk to drink than being reckless with money.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                        United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3850 Posts
                        Posted: January 27, 2012, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

really a very good question,got me thinkin about "REALLY"

buying tix for me is so routine its like one of the errands i do on days off from work.

when i'm off from work i have my mind on many things,

when i'm at work and wish i was'nt thats when i'm thinking "lottery get me outta here"

when someone sez "you can't win that" i say "well someone will win it so it may as well be me.

i think thats real expectation.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Inland Empire
                          United States
                          Member #118116
                          October 22, 2011
                          316 Posts
                          Posted: January 28, 2012, 1:41 am - IP Logged

Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. At this point...I don't wanna care.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: January 28, 2012, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

Everybody's numbers will come in someday.

We wager on being alive when that happens.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

LuckyDrew's avatar - vector 20train%20small.jpg
                              New York NY
                              United States
                              Member #100766
                              November 18, 2010
                              5554 Posts
                              Posted: January 28, 2012, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

doesnt everyone expect to win if we didnt... y are we here!!! one answer  TO WIN!!  and win big!!!

wish me luck - im going in!