Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you REALLY expect to win?

Topic closed. 59 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Artist77.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
Member #121745
January 16, 2012
4791 Posts
Posted: February 15, 2012, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Wasn't there some book about the laws of attraction and if you act like you will win (and I do not mean spend it before you have it), then the universe lines up to let you win? lol

I want a graduate art degree at the Corcoran.  I don't want to teach or maybe even use it officially...but I just love the decorative arts and it would be just for me!

Inland Empire
    United States
    Member #118116
    October 22, 2011
    317 Posts
    Posted: February 15, 2012, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Wasn't there some book about the laws of attraction and if you act like you will win (and I do not mean spend it before you have it), then the universe lines up to let you win? lol

I want a graduate art degree at the Corcoran.  I don't want to teach or maybe even use it officially...but I just love the decorative arts and it would be just for me!

To me, it's all about reverse-law of attraction. Things happen when I least expect. :(

And...be careful what you say about liking art. Some 'senior' member of LP really hates art and he will give you some mean-spirited coments.

loonasee2's avatar - ty789 zpsxdhaaskf.jpg
      Orangutan Forest
      United States
      Member #95128
      August 4, 2010
      12786 Posts
      Posted: February 15, 2012, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

What's the point in playing if you don't truly believe your going to win .Gotta be in it to win it.Think more about spending your win,than doubting your dreams.There holding a spot in the winners circle for you , people win lotteries everyday.Don't go broke gambling get rich playing.And never try to out-smart your common sense play smart with a budget.GOOD LUCK !!!!

cashbuckets of cash

New York
        United States
        Member #109073
        April 5, 2011
        3 Posts
        Posted: February 15, 2012, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

So, a discussion with my husband got me thinking....How many of us *REALLY* expect to win a lotto jackpot and how many of us are doing it to take a chance at luck?

I mentioned to my husband that everytime I DON'T win a jackpot, I am kind of surprised that I didn't win...and he said "REALLY?!?!"  YUP, I really AM surprised everytime I don't win because I really do expect to win someday. 

Anyone else? :)

Hi gonnawinwatchme, 

I Agree! I love your positive attitude! I have the very same view about playing the lottery and alot of things in life. You must believe in yourself always.

New York
          United States
          Member #109073
          April 5, 2011
          3 Posts
          Posted: February 15, 2012, 11:11 pm - IP Logged

What's the point in playing if you don't truly believe your going to win .Gotta be in it to win it.Think more about spending your win,than doubting your dreams.There holding a spot in the winners circle for you , people win lotteries everyday.Don't go broke gambling get rich playing.And never try to out-smart your common sense play smart with a budget.GOOD LUCK !!!!

Smash well said loonasee2!

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
            TX
            United States
            Member #121193
            January 4, 2012
            1637 Posts
            Posted: February 16, 2012, 1:33 am - IP Logged

"And lastly, dear CDanat, the "good ole USA residents" are actually 19th on the official development assistance by country as a percentage of GNI, now that's the government's job you will say. Yes but as individuals, the USA are only 6th on the world giving index... that's poor for the Number 1 economy in the world (well not for long, let's hope the Chinese will be more generous)."

Actually, you've gotten hold of some old, outdated statistics there, old chap. I'm sure it was merely an oversight.

Here's something a little more current and accurate:

World Giving Index: US Ranked Most Charitable Country On Earth

The Huffington Post  Eleanor Goldberg   First Posted: 12/20/11   Updated: 12/20/11

The United States climbed from fifth place to the rank of most generous country in the world, according to a recent global study.

In its second annual study of 153 countries, the Charity Aid Foundation concluded that the U.S. has demonstrated "strong" behavior across all three criteria measured -- volunteering, helping strangers and donating money. The U.S. has increased its charity by 3 percentage points this year, up to $212 billion.

"The point to leave with American leaders is the world really needs America; it needs its generosity, its resource and spirit, and though times are really hard, this is the time we need to keep giving as much as we possibly can," Richard Harrison, director of research at the UK-based Charities Aid Foundation told The NonProfit Times.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/19/world-giving-index-us-ran_n_1159562.html

---------------------------------------------------

"I actually lived most of my life in Lancaster CA and believe me I see no difference in freedom whatsoever."

Tried to buy a handgun lately, matey?

Thanks for the supporting info Ridge....I appreciate the back up...arguing with that tea & crumpett consumer was like trying to teach liberals that prayer in public doesn't cause cancer. Patriot

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
              TX
              United States
              Member #121193
              January 4, 2012
              1637 Posts
              Posted: February 16, 2012, 1:37 am - IP Logged

BananaOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!  I LOve CDanaT!!!!  when truth and Logic Lovekiss it's a Real Beauty!It's Cool!!Cool!

Thank you Ro$i dahhhhhlin  Lover    Backatcha

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

HiFi's avatar - police

United States
                Member #3792
                February 21, 2004
                198 Posts
                Posted: February 16, 2012, 2:01 am - IP Logged

i think the law of attraction is merely just keeping a positive attitude and by doing so, you dont give up on trying.  it is about not giving up.

New York
                  United States
                  Member #109073
                  April 5, 2011
                  3 Posts
                  Posted: February 16, 2012, 5:16 am - IP Logged

I Agree!

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                    adelaide sa
                    Australia
                    Member #37136
                    April 11, 2006
                    3300 Posts
                    Posted: February 16, 2012, 6:42 am - IP Logged

chance of losing power ball = 99.999999%

chance of losing 1 in  1000  raffle = 99.9%

powerball dont seem too bad after all.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
                      Member #110736
                      May 11, 2011
                      34 Posts
                      Posted: February 18, 2012, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

To me, it's all about reverse-law of attraction. Things happen when I least expect. :(

And...be careful what you say about liking art. Some 'senior' member of LP really hates art and he will give you some mean-spirited coments.

What the hell? Doesn't like art?? I'm an artist. Send him to me! *rolls up sleeves*

NEW YORK
                        United States
                        Member #90535
                        April 29, 2010
                        11979 Posts
                        Posted: February 19, 2012, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

What the hell? Doesn't like art?? I'm an artist. Send him to me! *rolls up sleeves*

I am an artist too. I draw mental pictures of the life I want to live. I already drew a picture of me winning a lottery jackpot in my mind. Have you?

United States
                          Member #121745
                          January 16, 2012
                          4791 Posts
                          Posted: February 19, 2012, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

Mabe the person who does not like art is a frustrated artist. Takes a lot of courage and guts to put yourself out their everyday for critique and not everyone can do this. 

Hitler was a frustrated artist and you saw what resulted.

NEW YORK
                            United States
                            Member #90535
                            April 29, 2010
                            11979 Posts
                            Posted: February 19, 2012, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

Mabe the person who does not like art is a frustrated artist. Takes a lot of courage and guts to put yourself out their everyday for critique and not everyone can do this. 

Hitler was a frustrated artist and you saw what resulted.

I never saw it that way, you are absolutely correct.

United States
                              Member #121745
                              January 16, 2012
                              4791 Posts
                              Posted: February 19, 2012, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

I never saw it that way, you are absolutely correct.

Thanks. Meant...out there....not "their"..lol  This is what happens when I type and watch hoarders on comcast on demand at the same time.