Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When Mega Millions Goes To $2/Ticket

Topic closed. 60 replies. Last post 5 years ago by mightwin.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
Oklahoma
United States
Member #82391
November 12, 2009
6290 Posts
Posted: February 24, 2012, 8:47 am - IP Logged

I would be very happy for you dallas!   Dance

Thanks mcginnin tonight the night.......Dance

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: February 24, 2012, 10:20 am - IP Logged

Thanks mcginnin tonight the night.......Dance

Yes indeedeeee..............I've already contacted a financial advisor, picked out my "newer" Benz, and rented a Limo for Monday morning to ride in style to the lottery office.

All I need now are for those 6 sweet littl' o' numbers to pop up for me!            Party

JADELottery's avatar - MeAtWork 03.PNG
      The Quantum Master
      West Concord, MN
      United States
      Member #21
      December 7, 2001
      3675 Posts
      Posted: February 24, 2012, 10:30 am - IP Logged

The only thing it affects is the jackpot threshold at which I start playing seriously, usually play $5.00 to $20.00; $40.00 at the most.

Casually I'll play $1.00 to $4.00 once in a while, but that will all go away once it goes up and I'll only play at the new threshold, $10,000,000,000.00.

Currently, I start playing seriously when it gets at or above $250,000,000.00.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
      Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
      Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
      Knowledge is Beyond Belief
      Wisdom is Not Censored
      Douglas Paul Smallish
      Jehocifer

United States
        Member #123134
        February 14, 2012
        55 Posts
        Posted: February 24, 2012, 10:39 am - IP Logged

Hi Ruud, welcome to LP!

By the way, are you the mysterious Feb. 11 winner of the record R.I. Powerball jackpot?

From industry buzz and twitter from MUSL there has been speculation of a $1 increase. This is not an official statement from Mega Millions itself. As far as the "May" date, Through googling several articles about lottery price increases, this was a projected window of time that MM  might consider implementing the increase.

I would agree with you, that May would be a short period of time to accomplish.

What terms should I Google to find this information?  I don't see any tweets from MUSL about a Mega Millions price increase (do they even have a Twitter feed?), don't see any articles about a Mega Millions price increase and can't find any "industry buzz" other than online forums posts by lottery players. 

Mega Millions has seen an increase in sales from the folks who left Powerball after the price increase.  If they, too, increase the price of their ticket, they'll lose those players and, probably more, to state lottery games.  It will take significant analysis of Mega Millions, Powerball and State Lotto trends after the Powerball increase to make a decision.  That, couple with the implementation needs, make it extremely likely that it won't happen in 2012.

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: February 24, 2012, 11:07 am - IP Logged

What terms should I Google to find this information?  I don't see any tweets from MUSL about a Mega Millions price increase (do they even have a Twitter feed?), don't see any articles about a Mega Millions price increase and can't find any "industry buzz" other than online forums posts by lottery players. 

Mega Millions has seen an increase in sales from the folks who left Powerball after the price increase.  If they, too, increase the price of their ticket, they'll lose those players and, probably more, to state lottery games.  It will take significant analysis of Mega Millions, Powerball and State Lotto trends after the Powerball increase to make a decision.  That, couple with the implementation needs, make it extremely likely that it won't happen in 2012.

From my registered twitter account, by typing in key words about US lottery ticket increases, beyond that Ruud I really cannot help you. Again this was not an official declaration from Mega Millions. Let's hope they do not go up...or better yet PB goe's back to $1.

Sunny California
            United States
            Member #40295
            May 31, 2006
            7712 Posts
            Posted: February 24, 2012, 12:35 pm - IP Logged

at least you have the Fantasy 5 lottolaughs, Oklahoma only has PB, Mega & HL we don't have a state lotto game but if we did I would be all over it...LOL...

Well now...you do have OK Cash 5 which is half the money than our Fantasy but odds are better.

Here's some stats for ya for Cash 5--

HOTTEST DIGIT: 16

HOTTEST PAIR: 16-27

HOTTEST NUMBERS to go with 16-27--

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  17  18

GOOD LUCK!!

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7297 Posts
              Posted: February 24, 2012, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

"It will take significant analysis of Mega Millions, Powerball and State Lotto trends after the Powerball increase to make a decision.  That, couple with the implementation needs, make it extremely likely that it won't happen in 2012."

I Agree!

And I don't give that much credibility to Twitter where everything twittered must be fact. Hopefully the MM twitter speculators won't be twittering while driving.

ashabug725's avatar - Yavill
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #122868
                February 9, 2012
                322 Posts
                Posted: February 24, 2012, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

Hey thats where that out of work carpenter scored $5 Mill. on a scratcher. (see news feed).

Bet that guy (Ricky), can afford to top off his tank with out thinking twice now.  Banana I should move to Indiana.

$3.76 ging to $4.00 "That'll Be The Day"   Guitar

Yea that guy was a little further north... BUT... somebody did win a million dollars on powerball last week from my home town!!!

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: February 24, 2012, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

Yea that guy was a little further north... BUT... somebody did win a million dollars on powerball last week from my home town!!!

It's gettin close ashabug.................... be ready to receive!!!   Dance

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                    Oklahoma
                    United States
                    Member #82391
                    November 12, 2009
                    6290 Posts
                    Posted: February 24, 2012, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

Well now...you do have OK Cash 5 which is half the money than our Fantasy but odds are better.

Here's some stats for ya for Cash 5--

HOTTEST DIGIT: 16

HOTTEST PAIR: 16-27

HOTTEST NUMBERS to go with 16-27--

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  17  18

GOOD LUCK!!

Thanks lottolaughs.....Thumbs Up

ashabug725's avatar - Yavill
                      Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #122868
                      February 9, 2012
                      322 Posts
                      Posted: February 25, 2012, 2:27 am - IP Logged

It's gettin close ashabug.................... be ready to receive!!!   Dance

Ivebeen ready... Or so I think as of now... One thing that,concerns me is 2 of my regular numbers hit twice n a row.. And a third number a few times.. Making me think of quitting that set.. But ive spent so much on those numbers over the years it jist doesnt make sense to give em up!!! But mentally I have a plan for my money when I win (depending on amt)... Ready to put my strategy and ideas into action!!!!

United States
                        Member #111442
                        May 25, 2011
                        6323 Posts
                        Posted: February 25, 2012, 5:01 am - IP Logged

Ivebeen ready... Or so I think as of now... One thing that,concerns me is 2 of my regular numbers hit twice n a row.. And a third number a few times.. Making me think of quitting that set.. But ive spent so much on those numbers over the years it jist doesnt make sense to give em up!!! But mentally I have a plan for my money when I win (depending on amt)... Ready to put my strategy and ideas into action!!!!

Be careful there. If you have been playing your "regular" numbers for awhile, you shouldn't abandon them.

Good that you have a plan for all that dough.   Type

mightwin's avatar - questns

United States
                          Member #103786
                          January 5, 2011
                          486 Posts
                          Posted: February 25, 2012, 10:37 am - IP Logged

In theory the $2 a pick sounds great but considering powerballs constant minimum increases so far (could there be another minimum increase tonight?) it might not work in the real world. I cant see the public supporting two $2 games seems like a lot of money to shell out each week.

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: February 25, 2012, 11:38 am - IP Logged

In theory the $2 a pick sounds great but considering powerballs constant minimum increases so far (could there be another minimum increase tonight?) it might not work in the real world. I cant see the public supporting two $2 games seems like a lot of money to shell out each week.

Yeah it's slow for now. Just remember less than two weeks ago it was in the stratosphere at $364 million (third largest jackpot ever).

I predict if it rolls again, an increase of $14 million. As it it approaches $100 million, it should start climbing again in $20+ million increments.

This newly revamped Powerball is only about six weeks old. like a newborn infant infant, we need to give it a chance to first crawl, begin to walk....

and then hopefully start sprinting towards new records.    Banana 

For $2 dollars, you get a lot of bang for the buck in my newbie opinion.   Roll Eyes

United Kingdom
                              Member #122950
                              February 10, 2012
                              85 Posts
                              Posted: February 25, 2012, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

Why complain with $2. In UK the Euromillions had been increased to £2 + increased number of draw dates and just for kicks also increased the numbers to pick from.

Seems it will come to megamillions as well, but maybe one at a time.

Suspiciousness is one way of saying that one do not want to know the truth. It is the best way to keep the mind empty and the spirit restless.