Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 1:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you create JOBS if you won the lottery?

Topic closed. 55 replies. Last post 5 years ago by LucyMontgomery.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Would you create JOBS if you won the lottery?

Yes [ 37 ]  [72.55%]
No [ 14 ]  [27.45%]
Total Valid Votes [ 51 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
sully16's avatar - sharan
Ringleader
Michigan
United States
Member #81740
October 28, 2009
42075 Posts
Posted: March 1, 2012, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

I'd like to get back to the Reservation and start some kind of Tech business for Tribe members.

Give them a chance to get in to the technical field; be it Art Design, Programming, Web Design, Career Development, etc.

That is awesome, I would even start a scholarship.

HyperBe Happy.

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: March 1, 2012, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

Oh yes. I want to give like 40-60% of the JP back somehow. Jobs and scholarships!

Wow that's awesome! So if you were to win a cool $1,000,000, the state and federal taxes (depending on state), would set you back around

$400,000. Then with your remaining $600,00 you would be giving back $240,000 - $360,00 (40-60%) to job's and scholarships. That would be

leaving you with a net of between $240,00 - $360,000. Very generous! We need more people like you.  Hyper

Bigheadnick's avatar - badluck
      Taunton, Ma
      United States
      Member #123005
      February 11, 2012
      136 Posts
      Posted: March 1, 2012, 2:48 pm - IP Logged

I think everyone that wins creates jobs for others in one way or another (unless of course he/she stuffs their winnings under a mattress). Whether it be the house they get built, the car/s they buy, spending money always spurrs job growth. So I think to some degree, EVERYONE should be clicking yes. As far as directly employing people, that answer for me would be yes as well. I would invest in distressed houses and hire people to help me fix them up. Being a carpenter myself, this is a no-brainer for me. I also would like to open a restaraunt, of the dave&busters mold, and start up a green energy company selling & installing solar panels, wind turbines, etc...

United States
        Member #112061
        June 9, 2011
        8776 Posts
        Posted: March 1, 2012, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

That is awesome, I would even start a scholarship.

If I won a really big jackpot

I would buy some land and go get all the permits and everything you need to do to build a housing addition.

Then hire all the people you build a house from carpenters to plumber and everyone in between,

The guideline I would use for someone to move in would be the following

Steady job [at least 2years on the job]

I would then look at the credit scores but, if the credit is not real good does not mean the will not get a home

If the credit report shows that they are current with all the regular bills like car payments ulitlites, etc.

But they had some kind of unexpected medical bill that was turn over to collections and drop their credit score they would still be able to buy a home

I would charge 2% interest rate and they would pay their mortgage to my company [something like pay here buy here concept]

The reason why the interest rate is low, it will that allow more people whose   income   is lower  to   buy a home

Then I would still have an income coming in to do other things to help out people

Of course there would be a lot of other legal thing I would have to do so I would have to hire a real estate lawyer

That is just one of my ideas

coco

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6305 Posts
          Posted: March 1, 2012, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

U betha.....Wink

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
            Mcminnville, Oregon
            United States
            Member #3013
            December 13, 2003
            3093 Posts
            Posted: March 1, 2012, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

I said no.  But I am going to help my family out and help my local chapter of the food bank out.  I would also like to help my fire department out with new equipment and the sheriffs department.  Since I have a mental illness I would give to my mental health department too.-weshar75

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5143 Posts
              Posted: March 1, 2012, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

I'd like to get back to the Reservation and start some kind of Tech business for Tribe members.

Give them a chance to get in to the technical field; be it Art Design, Programming, Web Design, Career Development, etc.

I Agree!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JL:

BUT, I think Rock O'Bomo has passed us byby and left us high and dry and ALL we really pur people have

left is to win a big jackpot lottery (IF we gona SURVIVE) while his few SELECTED get RICH$$$$$$$$$$$$

We have to trade at his company store while he give's all his friend's big "billion" dollar solar contracts in

car's, windmill's, car's, windmill's, solar panel'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ more electric car'ssssssssmore car's

with batterie's>>>>>>>but, no pur people I know can afford a $40>$50 thousand battery CAR????????

WE ALL KNOW>>>>>>>batteries all run DRY and that can be be BAD for UR HEALTH & if D WIND?/blow?

WE ALL KNOW>>>>>>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!

WHERE did "OUR" wind>GOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HELP us  GOD!

>>>>>>>>"OUR" Rock O'Bomo>GOoooooooooooooooooooooooo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: March 1, 2012, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

I said no.  But I am going to help my family out and help my local chapter of the food bank out.  I would also like to help my fire department out with new equipment and the sheriffs department.  Since I have a mental illness I would give to my mental health department too.-weshar75

The food banks are an excellent front line for helping out children and adults who are disadvantaged, kudos for you weshar!  Thumbs Up

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: March 1, 2012, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JL:

BUT, I think Rock O'Bomo has passed us byby and left us high and dry and ALL we really pur people have

left is to win a big jackpot lottery (IF we gona SURVIVE) while his few SELECTED get RICH$$$$$$$$$$$$

We have to trade at his company store while he give's all his friend's big "billion" dollar solar contracts in

car's, windmill's, car's, windmill's, solar panel'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ more electric car'ssssssssmore car's

with batterie's>>>>>>>but, no pur people I know can afford a $40>$50 thousand battery CAR????????

WE ALL KNOW>>>>>>>batteries all run DRY and that can be be BAD for UR HEALTH & if D WIND?/blow?

WE ALL KNOW>>>>>>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!

WHERE did "OUR" wind>GOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HELP us  GOD!

>>>>>>>>"OUR" Rock O'Bomo>GOoooooooooooooooooooooooo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Maybe if we get lucky, and people come to their senses psykomo, Rock O'Bomo will go byby.    See Ya!

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                    United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3857 Posts
                    Posted: March 1, 2012, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

sorry to hear about your illness,on the plus side i'd say your thinking is very clear.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5143 Posts
                      Posted: March 1, 2012, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

Maybe if we get lucky, and people come to their senses psykomo, Rock O'Bomo will go byby.    See Ya!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&WE WILL>>>>>>>>>BE DRIVING fieat>>FAIT'S>>>

itallian'sssssssssssssssssssssssssCAR'S<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

SCOTTORTER'SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSrrrrrrrrrr>>>>>>>>>>>>SCOOTER's r RRRRR >>CUMMING!!!!

oh>>>>>>>SO sohot>>>>>ITIALIAN car'ssss&scooter'SSS>>GREAT>!!!!

THANK YOU (o'bomo) & CHRYSLER car'ssssssssss444444444444>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!

"fait">>>>>>>>>>>>FAIT.....>>GREAT "american"

CAR>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FAIT...........................>>>>>GREAT car>>>>......"IT $HIT'$ & get's MILEAGE!

"i REALLY like the scooter>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>....."IT $<snip>'$ $ GET's FASTER>>

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

JADELottery's avatar - YingYangYong 01.PNG
                        The Quantum Master
                        West Concord, MN
                        United States
                        Member #21
                        December 7, 2001
                        3684 Posts
                        Posted: March 2, 2012, 7:56 am - IP Logged

Good responses everyone.

I'd like to say that, yes, it's true Business ventures can fail and educating one's self is very important to ward off failure, however, being a lottery winner (jackpot most likely) is not a prerequisite to failing in a business venture.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
                        Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
                        Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
                        Knowledge is Beyond Belief
                        Wisdom is Not Censored
                        Douglas Paul Smallish
                        Jehocifer

loonasee2's avatar - Lottery-040.jpg
                          Blue Sky Fly
                          United States
                          Member #95128
                          August 4, 2010
                          13114 Posts
                          Posted: March 2, 2012, 9:02 am - IP Logged

I would open a soup kitchen ,and a food pantry,and help the poor with basic needs.Once I meet people that use what I offer,I would find ways to better there lives,like education,jobs, and transportation to jobs and doctor appointments.

Along the way find new investors to keep this program going.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                            United States
                            Member #112968
                            June 29, 2011
                            3857 Posts
                            Posted: March 2, 2012, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&WE WILL>>>>>>>>>BE DRIVING fieat>>FAIT'S>>>

itallian'sssssssssssssssssssssssssCAR'S<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

SCOTTORTER'SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSrrrrrrrrrr>>>>>>>>>>>>SCOOTER's r RRRRR >>CUMMING!!!!

oh>>>>>>>SO sohot>>>>>ITIALIAN car'ssss&scooter'SSS>>GREAT>!!!!

THANK YOU (o'bomo) & CHRYSLER car'ssssssssss444444444444>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!

"fait">>>>>>>>>>>>FAIT.....>>GREAT "american"

CAR>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FAIT...........................>>>>>GREAT car>>>>......"IT $HIT'$ & get's MILEAGE!

"i REALLY like the scooter>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>....."IT $<snip>'$ $ GET's FASTER>>

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

i'll be drivin a chevy p/u

F.I.A.T. = fix it again tony.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

GRITS
                              United States
                              Member #123554
                              February 23, 2012
                              12 Posts
                              Posted: March 2, 2012, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Probably not with intent as I am retired and would like to enjoy my retirement!   However, I would certainly fund businesses for my children.  Therefore, indirectly I suppose the wealth I recieve would create jobs.  I imagine being very philanthropic in addition to enjoying life to the fullest.  Certainly a scholarship.  I would also get great pleasure from contributing secretly to the causes that I find worthy.  Also, this I found on a televised  program of lottery winners:  a winner regularly buys tickets and gives them out with the stipulation that they share in the winnings.  What a nice addition to the tip for the waitress who just gave you the excellent service that is definitely lacking  today?  I was a waitress back in my college days and a good one too!  A good tip was always appreciated.