Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 4:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you create JOBS if you won the lottery?

Topic closed. 55 replies. Last post 5 years ago by LucyMontgomery.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Would you create JOBS if you won the lottery?

Yes [ 37 ]  [72.55%]
No [ 14 ]  [27.45%]
Total Valid Votes [ 51 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  
JADELottery's avatar - YingYangYong 01.PNG
The Quantum Master
West Concord, MN
United States
Member #21
December 7, 2001
3685 Posts
Posted: March 4, 2012, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Been holding close to about 67% Yes and 33% No, 2 : 1 ratio.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
Knowledge is Beyond Belief
Wisdom is Not Censored
Douglas Paul Smallish
Jehocifer

United States
    Member #94616
    July 24, 2010
    4735 Posts
    Posted: March 4, 2012, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

I hear ya on the choice Kapla....the benefit of choice doesn't pay the maker to have a more expensive product sit idle on the shelf and not sell unless you have the finances for that option. Of course a lottery win affords you that option, but the everyday working stiff has budget limits. That being said.....I think the "maintain" option is more prevalent than the "create", other than hiring personal staff.

I understand about budgets and agree a family just trying to get by needs to do what they have to.  But for most others, it is a choice. 

Just remember this when you don't have a job anymore.  We need to support our OWN economy first. 

KSplayer's avatar - lightening
      KS
      United States
      Member #103006
      December 29, 2010
      108 Posts
      Posted: March 5, 2012, 11:54 am - IP Logged

Yes my Husband and i have talked about this a lot and with the current things going on at his job it would add 4 jobs to the market plus if we start out own buisness it would add more jobs and a great service for our small town.

DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!Blue Angel

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
        Member #4877
        May 30, 2004
        5146 Posts
        Posted: March 5, 2012, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

i'll be drivin a chevy p/u

F.I.A.T. = fix it again tony.

I Agree!>>>>>haymaker:

PSYKO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>like's chevy P/U'sssssssssssssssssssss&&&&>>>>>Corvett's!!!!!

latest POLL on SORRY car's:

(1) Chrysler

(2)   GM

(3) Mercedies Benz>>>>Janice Joplin's (favorite car)>>>>>>!!!!

Tony own's

LET's ALL say ah prayer 4D truck division and D>>>>>>>>>Corvette division of General Motor'sssssssssss

GOD only know'ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss<<<WHAT will happen 2D<<<<<VOLT<<????

PSYKO

Milwaukee, WI
          United States
          Member #3131
          December 27, 2003
          665 Posts
          Posted: March 6, 2012, 12:03 am - IP Logged

> As a big lover of all animals, giving back to all area ASPCA and animal shelters in the form of donations and increasing

>their labor force would also be very high on my list.

Be careful who you give your money to in this area. Often very LITTLE goes to the animals like 1%. Much of it goes to preventing you from eating a hamburger.

HSUS is a rip off organization.

Much better opening your own facility.....

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: March 6, 2012, 12:47 am - IP Logged

> As a big lover of all animals, giving back to all area ASPCA and animal shelters in the form of donations and increasing

>their labor force would also be very high on my list.

Be careful who you give your money to in this area. Often very LITTLE goes to the animals like 1%. Much of it goes to preventing you from eating a hamburger.

HSUS is a rip off organization.

Much better opening your own facility.....

Thanks for the heads up mark, when I score that mouth watering jackpot, I shall heed your advice.  Thumbs Up

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: March 6, 2012, 12:56 am - IP Logged

I Agree!>>>>>haymaker:

PSYKO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>like's chevy P/U'sssssssssssssssssssss&&&&>>>>>Corvett's!!!!!

latest POLL on SORRY car's:

(1) Chrysler

(2)   GM

(3) Mercedies Benz>>>>Janice Joplin's (favorite car)>>>>>>!!!!

Tony own's

LET's ALL say ah prayer 4D truck division and D>>>>>>>>>Corvette division of General Motor'sssssssssss

GOD only know'ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss<<<WHAT will happen 2D<<<<<VOLT<<????

PSYKO

The Volt has been plagued with problems from the start. Why would someone want to pay $40,000 for a Chevy that looks and has the room

of a sub compact? GM is shutting down production starting the 16th of this month. Apparently their sitting on an unsold inventory of

6,000 of these unpopular hybrid's. Probably once gas passes the $4 mark, interest will pick up again?  Roll Eyes

Don't buy a Volt psykomo... better to invest your $40,000 into 2-nites MM (all QP's!)   See Ya!   Banana     Hyper

JAP69's avatar - alas
                South Carolina
                United States
                Member #6
                November 4, 2001
                8797 Posts
                Posted: March 11, 2012, 8:39 am - IP Logged

I would also consider buying votes and donating to super pacs for my candidate of choice who would work to create a better buisness enviroment for them to hire more people.

Probabaly would end up with more jobs created for the money invested in a candidate.

Oo'Ka

United States
                  Member #94616
                  July 24, 2010
                  4735 Posts
                  Posted: March 11, 2012, 9:12 am - IP Logged

I would also consider buying votes and donating to super pacs for my candidate of choice who would work to create a better buisness enviroment for them to hire more people.

Probabaly would end up with more jobs created for the money invested in a candidate.

It is interesting all the different things you now have the option to do if you won.  YOUR way of thinging now (if you choose to do it) has more power as you can use money cause it to happen. 

Appleton, Wi
                    United States
                    Member #118178
                    October 24, 2011
                    199 Posts
                    Posted: March 12, 2012, 9:31 am - IP Logged

Take care of family with winnings after paying about 1/2 in taxes. Getting close to retirement here. Like to spend summers in Alaska and high-tail it back down south to Texas for winters. Like to help out the people in southern Indiana that got hit with the bad wx. Still got a soft spot for Indiana.

Opening a business?? Had a Pack-n-Ship Store for a couple years. Buy low and sell high, keep expenses to a minimum helps the business stay in business.

Best Luck to All with hopes and dreams,

BlueDuck

LucyMontgomery's avatar - Jadyen

United States
                      Member #123813
                      February 29, 2012
                      43 Posts
                      Posted: March 12, 2012, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

Wow that's awesome! So if you were to win a cool $1,000,000, the state and federal taxes (depending on state), would set you back around

$400,000. Then with your remaining $600,00 you would be giving back $240,000 - $360,00 (40-60%) to job's and scholarships. That would be

leaving you with a net of between $240,00 - $360,000. Very generous! We need more people like you.  Hyper

EmbarassedAwww youre so sweet, but LOL!!!! I should've included a footnote : Comments apply to winnings over $80mill after taxes! 

No, but I say that in all seriousness because 1) I actually am very uncomfortable with that much money seeing how i've been pretty broke my whole life, so i'd want to get rid of it and keep at least 5mill to live off 2) I have big plans for creating jobs and charity (i.e. I'd like to create some kind of boarding school for kids in the foster care system, kids from abusive homes, or runaways... unfortunately that requires way more than the 12mill standard JP.) So I gotta go for the big ones Cheers

Another idea I think i could do for less is this soup kitchen that's also a community restaurant. Bon Jovi opened one in Jersey I think... Soul Kitchen. You have to volunteer to eat there and its actually really good food. I'd love to open up one of those myself if they are sustainable (his project is still in the "beta" but i heard that ppl love it). I'd definitely want to spread my wealth cuz Biggie said it best and I won't get got wth free money lol!!!