Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball Won Again... Already?

Topic closed. 55 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Nikkicute.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Portland, OR
United States
Member #102239
December 16, 2010
13 Posts
Posted: March 22, 2012, 1:58 am - IP Logged

Ok is it Me But does it seem like The Powerball Jp is being won Alot Quicker than expected??

Delaware
    United States
    Member #93503
    July 1, 2010
    453 Posts
    Posted: March 22, 2012, 2:20 am - IP Logged

After that first drawing it seems to not go past $70M now..

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
      Dallas, TX
      United States
      Member #60284
      April 12, 2008
      3856 Posts
      Posted: March 22, 2012, 3:01 am - IP Logged

Give it time and the JP will grow. Having not passed 70M does not mean it is easy to win. Just luck visited some prior visitng everyone else. haha

Delaware
        United States
        Member #93503
        July 1, 2010
        453 Posts
        Posted: March 22, 2012, 3:14 am - IP Logged

Give it time and the JP will grow. Having not passed 70M does not mean it is easy to win. Just luck visited some prior visitng everyone else. haha

I don't disagree it's kind of odd thought that it got hit at the $70M mark what 3 times in a row now?

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
          upstate NY
          United States
          Member #108791
          March 31, 2011
          549 Posts
          Posted: March 22, 2012, 3:16 am - IP Logged

Ok is it Me But does it seem like The Powerball Jp is being won Alot Quicker than expected??

It depends.  What did you expect?   Wink

Patriot

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
            Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #123290
            February 17, 2012
            3048 Posts
            Posted: March 22, 2012, 3:26 am - IP Logged

@COw Pi3

I agree diamondpalace, after that big $336million win, give it some time to build up

past $70million mark. And $70million is not a bad amount to win either!! :)

Morrison, IL
              United States
              Member #4657
              May 13, 2004
              1884 Posts
              Posted: March 22, 2012, 7:36 am - IP Logged

This happened to Powerball seven years ago around this time too.  The jackpot was won seven times over just a three month span, and the pot (which started at $10 million at the time), never got over $41 million.

---

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: March 22, 2012, 8:02 am - IP Logged

This happened to Powerball seven years ago around this time too.  The jackpot was won seven times over just a three month span, and the pot (which started at $10 million at the time), never got over $41 million.

What goes around comes around.  Yes Nod

ohfive's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                  New York, New York
                  United States
                  Member #124661
                  March 17, 2012
                  35 Posts
                  Posted: March 22, 2012, 8:17 am - IP Logged

what does it matter if someone wins the jackpot early?  personally I am very happy that a lot of people are winning powerball at a faster rate. Isn't that a good thing? Lol wait please don't tell me you think that PB is rigged.

Working hard, waiting for that one lucky ticket so I could retire and have a better life with my family!,

-Best of luck, Pete.

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: March 22, 2012, 8:26 am - IP Logged

what does it matter if someone wins the jackpot early?  personally I am very happy that a lot of people are winning powerball at a faster rate. Isn't that a good thing? Lol wait please don't tell me you think that PB is rigged.

Rigging is as rigging does.   LOL

NEW YORK
                      United States
                      Member #90535
                      April 29, 2010
                      11975 Posts
                      Posted: March 22, 2012, 8:39 am - IP Logged

The Powerball is not coming out of the minimum jackpot range.  It is a matter of time before they go back to $1. They are losing money by having the jackpot won before it gets to $100M annuity.  The powerball executives have to be mad as hell.

The Mega millions jackpot is $290M, Powerball can't be selling enough combinations to be won so early when the MM is so high.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19817 Posts
                        Posted: March 22, 2012, 10:53 am - IP Logged

The $2 per play has eliminated the dumb players and left only the smarter serious ones who make higher quality picks which is causing the jackpots to be won more often.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

NEW YORK
                          United States
                          Member #90535
                          April 29, 2010
                          11975 Posts
                          Posted: March 22, 2012, 11:00 am - IP Logged

The $2 per play has eliminated the dumb players and left only the smarter serious ones who make higher quality picks which is causing the jackpots to be won more often.

WHICH HAS THE BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING: COMPUTER PICKS OR PLAYER PICKS?
                          About 70% to 80% of purchases are computer picks. About 70% to 80% of winners are computer picks. Perhaps just one of those weird coincidences?

HOW COME THE ONLY JACKPOT WINNERS ARE FROM THE [EAST - WEST - NORTH - SOUTH - CITIES - RURAL AREAS]?
                          HOW COME ONLY [WHITE, BLACK, TALL, SKINNY, YOUNG, OLD] PEOPLE WIN?
                          Powerball is a random game that knows nothing about who buys a ticket or where a ticket is purchased. There really is no white/black/old/young/rich/poor, etc.] button on the machine. If one draws a box around some group of players (eg., state border, hair color, shoe size), then that group of players will win in proportion to their play. If the defined group buys 10% of the tickets, then they will win 10% of the prizes - on average and over a reasonable period of time. But that does NOT mean that you have a better chance of winning in a bigger box - you then just have more folks to play against. The Law of Large numbers explains how random expectations become truer as the number of occurrences increases. So, if players in a particular group buy 8.6754% of the tickets, then we will find, if the number of occurrences (prizes awarded) are large enough, that those players win 8.6754% of the prizes. This is definitely true for the low-tier prizes where there are large numbers of winners. With 12 to 15 jackpot winners in a year, we would expect that these percentages can get out of sync with sales from time to time, but as the number of jackpot winners continues to increase, we will find that the percentage numbers move closer and closer to being the same number. Try this experiment. Flip a coin four times. You might get 75% heads - or even 100%. You would not expect to get excited about that. With only ten flips, it can happen. But then flip it 1,000 times (no cheating). You will come much closer to the statistical expectation of 50% heads. If you hit 75% heads after 1,000 flips, then something is wrong. It really does NOT make any difference where you buy your ticket. It is you a against the draw machine.

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: March 22, 2012, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Excellent observation!   Idea

You have also just complimented me as well, as I continue to play the $2 Powerball.    Lep

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                              Oklahoma
                              United States
                              Member #82391
                              November 12, 2009
                              6290 Posts
                              Posted: March 22, 2012, 11:13 am - IP Logged

I Agree!