Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball Won Again... Already?

Topic closed. 55 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Nikkicute.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111442
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: March 22, 2012, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

Lol why would one block someone on a public forum?What a joke, mcginnin I don't  pay attention to little girls or individuals that lack sense of humor  :)

That's exactly what he really is.  Hippy He acts real tough, but when those who disagree with him give him a run for his money, he runs and hides

and puts them on block, because he doesn't have the emotional/intellectual capacity to have a civilized debate.

The only language and emotions he knows are name calling, bashing someone else's beliefs, bullying and intimidation. He thinks he's good at this. LOL

But when you get right down to it, he's a coward, and a bigot. Rant on barbie, no one really takes you seriously anymore.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
    Lavender Rocket

United States
    Member #124616
    March 16, 2012
    2642 Posts
    Posted: March 22, 2012, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

I don't know.

I'd be pissed If I was being compared to or confused for myself.

You stay out of this, he doesn't have to shoot you now.

Stooges

LOLOL - i note the 'now' in the 'he doesn't have to shoot you NOW... (typed while backing slowly away from the computer monitor and putting on nifty-yet-fashionable kevlar body-armor)

Can I offer anyone freshly baked non-lethal cookies???

Lavender Rocket

United States
      Member #124616
      March 16, 2012
      2642 Posts
      Posted: March 22, 2012, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

BLAH....BLAHHHH...BLAHHH. Same predictable ranting raging homophobic barbie. Those that bring all the steady non-stop homophobic accusations

are the real deal, you just keep it in your closet. As long as were all in agreement with barb, stroking his feathers, shining his twisted little ego,

he can act civilized, for a few hours anyhow. Your not here for lottery discussions, just to make an ass of yourself. Which you do quite well.

ok rdgrnr - NOW may be closer to the time that Jade was talking about...  sheesh...

-------

cookies anyone?

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
        Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #123290
        February 17, 2012
        3048 Posts
        Posted: March 22, 2012, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

The $2 per play has eliminated the dumb players and left only the smarter serious ones who make higher quality picks which is causing the jackpots to be won more often.

Your post rubs me the wrong way! Exactly what are are "dumb players"?

And "smarter serious" players? Who are they?

What are "higher quality" picks?

You've never won so are you a "dumb player"?

Is there some kind of hierarchy amongst lotto players?

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: March 22, 2012, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

I think what he respectfully meant, is that those who were just casual players without putting much forethought into choosing their numbers, were

getting frustrated at always losing at $2/shot. Those players became disenfranchised and stopped playing altogether.

The remaining players are more of the "hardcore" enthusiasts who want to spend more effort in predicting the numbers. Doesn't mean there all

big winners, just more willing to continue taking more risk and investing more time in their selection process. Just my 2 cents.

Lavender Rocket

United States
            Member #124616
            March 16, 2012
            2642 Posts
            Posted: March 22, 2012, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

Nikki - I read it this way

"The 2$ per play has elimminated all the players who arent forward thinking enough to realize that 2$ will still net them millions"... like all of us here at Lottery Post (we are part of the brilliant group by the by)

and left only the smarter serious ones (once again us us and us here at Lottery Post)

who make higher quality picks (well obviously THAT refers to us)

which is causing the jackpots to be won more often (and there he gave us the universal blessing... he is wishing everyone at Lottery Post to be one of the 'smaller multi-millionaires')

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
              Wisconsin
              United States
              Member #123290
              February 17, 2012
              3048 Posts
              Posted: March 22, 2012, 5:47 pm - IP Logged

I think what he respectfully meant, is that those who were just casual players without putting much forethought into choosing their numbers, were

getting frustrated at always losing at $2/shot. Those players became disenfranchised and stopped playing altogether.

The remaining players are more of the "hardcore" enthusiasts who want to spend more effort in predicting the numbers. Doesn't mean there all

big winners, just more willing to continue taking more risk and investing more time in their selection process. Just my 2 cents.

Well I like the way you put it then! lol

Casual player/hardcore enthusiasts vs Dumb player/smart player.Big Smile

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: March 22, 2012, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

Well I like the way you put it then! lol

Casual player/hardcore enthusiasts vs Dumb player/smart player.Big Smile

Sometimes looking at things from different angles, from others prospectives can clear up some of the points that were trying to be made.  Yes Nod

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19816 Posts
                  Posted: March 22, 2012, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

From an earlier post of THRIFTY is this thread

WHICH HAS THE BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING: COMPUTER PICKS OR PLAYER PICKS?
                  About 70% to 80% of purchases are computer picks. About 70% to 80% of winners are computer picks. Perhaps just one of those weird coincidences?

That is not false but it may not be absolutely true either.

Some states have systems that allow players to pick a portion of their combinations and the computers to fill in the rest which are also recorded as computer picks. So there's no way of telling the amount of those 70% to 80% winners were actually computer assisted picks(smart picks) with players involvements thus giving a false impression that 70% to 80% of winners involve no human thought at all.

The recent price increase of PB tickets may have eliminated many of those players who totally depend on the computers to make their picks which explains the reasoning behind my statement. With the increase in number of PB top prizes winners per lines played, something has changed and these are simply my thoughts on what has changed.

Explanations you requested:

"smart serious" players are those who put a little thought in the numbers they play and the amount of tickets they buy making their picks "high quality".

"dumb players" are those who depend totally on "dumb luck"

Not all "smart players" are winners but there may be more of them than dumb ones.

There is no hierarchy amongst lottery players, just players with different styles and I'm saying some styles of play are more successful than others.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7295 Posts
                    Posted: March 22, 2012, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

From an earlier post of THRIFTY is this thread

WHICH HAS THE BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING: COMPUTER PICKS OR PLAYER PICKS?
                    About 70% to 80% of purchases are computer picks. About 70% to 80% of winners are computer picks. Perhaps just one of those weird coincidences?

That is not false but it may not be absolutely true either.

Some states have systems that allow players to pick a portion of their combinations and the computers to fill in the rest which are also recorded as computer picks. So there's no way of telling the amount of those 70% to 80% winners were actually computer assisted picks(smart picks) with players involvements thus giving a false impression that 70% to 80% of winners involve no human thought at all.

The recent price increase of PB tickets may have eliminated many of those players who totally depend on the computers to make their picks which explains the reasoning behind my statement. With the increase in number of PB top prizes winners per lines played, something has changed and these are simply my thoughts on what has changed.

Explanations you requested:

"smart serious" players are those who put a little thought in the numbers they play and the amount of tickets they buy making their picks "high quality".

"dumb players" are those who depend totally on "dumb luck"

Not all "smart players" are winners but there may be more of them than dumb ones.

There is no hierarchy amongst lottery players, just players with different styles and I'm saying some styles of play are more successful than others.

Reminds me of the contest challenges made in the "self picks vs QP" threads where some QP players said it wasn't necessary to buy QPs to prove their point. Words like coverage have no meaning  to those who believe 2 or 3 QP combinations are enough coverage when it takes 12 combos just to cover all the numbers just once. Throw in the fact it takes 46 combos just to cover all the MM bonus numbers and the overall odds of 1 in 40 of winning anything , "dumb luck" is the reason anyone playing less than five combos wins anything. 

But MM and PB aren't about being "smart or dumb", it's about buying a dream. Just look at the number of "spending the winnings" threads compared to the threads where players are making a serious effort to pick the winning numbers.

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7295 Posts
                      Posted: March 22, 2012, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

"I think what he respectfully meant"

RJ explained exactly what he meant.

Instead of explaining what you think other posters mean, why don't you tell us about your 5+0 PB win. Was it a well thought out system or strategy play or was it just "dumb luck"?

United States
                        Member #111442
                        May 25, 2011
                        6323 Posts
                        Posted: March 22, 2012, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

"I think what he respectfully meant"

RJ explained exactly what he meant.

Instead of explaining what you think other posters mean, why don't you tell us about your 5+0 PB win. Was it a well thought out system or strategy play or was it just "dumb luck"?

Sure thing Stack, it was a very thoroughly thought out, strategic systematically devised plan.  Type   And by sheer "dumb luck" I scored $200K!

Banana    Dance     Hyper

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                          TX
                          United States
                          Member #121193
                          January 4, 2012
                          1637 Posts
                          Posted: March 22, 2012, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

Sure thing Stack, it was a very thoroughly thought out, strategic systematically devised plan.  Type   And by sheer "dumb luck" I scored $200K!

Banana    Dance     Hyper

Mac...........Whether it was planned,pondered,precisely persued or plain ole pleasure picked....in the end, it results in the same outcome...ya "got some"..kudos ta ya, ole man !!!!!....all these systems,analysts,psychics,mystics,mathematicians and whatever else is out there and yet over 7 out of 10 jackpot winners are QUICK PICS.......... plain ole dumb luck works for me Thumbs Up

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: March 22, 2012, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

Mac...........Whether it was planned,pondered,precisely persued or plain ole pleasure picked....in the end, it results in the same outcome...ya "got some"..kudos ta ya, ole man !!!!!....all these systems,analysts,psychics,mystics,mathematicians and whatever else is out there and yet over 7 out of 10 jackpot winners are QUICK PICS.......... plain ole dumb luck works for me Thumbs Up

Exactly CD!!! I'm proud of it, and still spending de loot as we speak.  Stretch Sorry to hear no one from Sun Smiley Florida will take home the "BIG ONE"

tomorrow. My sincere condolences.    Crying

Morrison, IL
                              United States
                              Member #4657
                              May 13, 2004
                              1884 Posts
                              Posted: March 22, 2012, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

This happened to Powerball seven years ago around this time too.  The jackpot was won seven times over just a three month span, and the pot (which started at $10 million at the time), never got over $41 million.

Forgot to add, the headlines at the time were, "Lucky string of winners bad luck for Powerball sales." LOL

---