Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I'd be so pissed...

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 5 years ago by four4me.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #124814
March 20, 2012
219 Posts
Posted: March 27, 2012, 1:38 am - IP Logged

So here's the story. I'm parked right outside of a Gas Station/McDonald's, those dual store things where the McDonald's is connected to the gas station mart. This woman walks up to my car and ask me for money, says she's broke and starving, and needs money to eat from McDonald's. Now, I'm thinking to myself, I'm here to spend money on lotto tickets, the least I could do is give this poor lady a couple bucks so she wont starve. So I give her $2. Can't say the thought of good karma didn't cross my mind. 

I walk into the store and much to my surprise, she isn't at the McDonald's section, she's at the gas station section. I walk by and see her give the clerk the $2 I gave her, and I see him give her 2 Mega Millions QPs. My jaw is on the floor. I get the next 2 QPs from the clerk, but the damage was already done. If she ends up winning it with the money I gave her to get McDonald's, with the two tickets that I MYSELF would have gotten, well, I wont be able to cope with that at all.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
    NY
    United States
    Member #121961
    January 21, 2012
    3157 Posts
    Posted: March 27, 2012, 2:01 am - IP Logged

LOL What a smart woman. Got to give her credit, she did'nt buy smokes or beer. You should of grabbed those tickets and signed your name on them, then wish her luck. That will suck if she makes any money off of it.

HiFi's avatar - police

United States
      Member #3792
      February 21, 2004
      198 Posts
      Posted: March 27, 2012, 2:15 am - IP Logged

i bet next time someone asks for money u will offer them actual food or directions to the nearest shelter, lol.

Minnesnowta
        United States
        Member #125219
        March 27, 2012
        79 Posts
        Posted: March 27, 2012, 2:19 am - IP Logged

Wouldn't this be considered justifiable homicide if she wins? That's legal right?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10354 Posts
          Posted: March 27, 2012, 2:29 am - IP Logged

Masone, I'm guessing you're not the only one she did this to.

She'll probably have a stack of tickets going into the drawing.

Bang Head

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
            Member #52345
            May 21, 2007
            2659 Posts
            Posted: March 27, 2012, 7:30 am - IP Logged

Wouldn't this be considered justifiable homicide if she wins? That's legal right?

Green laughin my book it would be

mrsinful's avatar - gambling problem.jpg
              South Carolina
              United States
              Member #66774
              November 5, 2008
              319 Posts
              Posted: March 27, 2012, 7:40 am - IP Logged

So here's the story. I'm parked right outside of a Gas Station/McDonald's, those dual store things where the McDonald's is connected to the gas station mart. This woman walks up to my car and ask me for money, says she's broke and starving, and needs money to eat from McDonald's. Now, I'm thinking to myself, I'm here to spend money on lotto tickets, the least I could do is give this poor lady a couple bucks so she wont starve. So I give her $2. Can't say the thought of good karma didn't cross my mind. 

I walk into the store and much to my surprise, she isn't at the McDonald's section, she's at the gas station section. I walk by and see her give the clerk the $2 I gave her, and I see him give her 2 Mega Millions QPs. My jaw is on the floor. I get the next 2 QPs from the clerk, but the damage was already done. If she ends up winning it with the money I gave her to get McDonald's, with the two tickets that I MYSELF would have gotten, well, I wont be able to cope with that at all.

Well I had something similar happen to me. My wife and I were leaving walmart and

there was a guy who looked homeless with a sign saying need food. She told me we

should give him a few bucks so we pulled up and gave him 3 dollars and he said GOD

bless you. About 2 days later we are out of milk so I am back at walmart and there he

was at the end of his "shift" getting on a brand new moped and driving off. A week after

that I stop at a lil cricket right above the walmart and he is walking out of the check cashing place

next door scratching dollar tickets. That is very aggravating I know, but your heart was in the right

place and GOD and Karma will take care of you and her.Best of luck to everyone tonight on the

big one.

Rehab is for quitters.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19831 Posts
                Posted: March 27, 2012, 7:56 am - IP Logged

I've never felt guilty about having extra money to spend of lottery tickets or anything else and I won't feel guilty if I ever win a lottery jackpot, so beggars and do-gooders who try to get money by pulling a guilt trip on me are wasting their time.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: March 27, 2012, 8:09 am - IP Logged

Once you make that decision to help someone out that you "perceive" needs helping, that should be the end of it.

What they do with that money after your gone is out of your hands. I would just chalk it up to a good Karma deed.    Blue Angel

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                    Oklahoma
                    United States
                    Member #82391
                    November 12, 2009
                    6290 Posts
                    Posted: March 27, 2012, 8:28 am - IP Logged

Masone, don't feel bad you saw someone in need and wanted to help them what you did came from your heart you will be blessed.  like CT said your not the only one she did this too.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                      Oklahoma
                      United States
                      Member #82391
                      November 12, 2009
                      6290 Posts
                      Posted: March 27, 2012, 8:29 am - IP Logged

Once you make that decision to help someone out that you "perceive" needs helping, that should be the end of it.

What they do with that money after your gone is out of your hands. I would just chalk it up to a good Karma deed.    Blue Angel

I Agree!

I Love Pink & Green 1908

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                        TX
                        United States
                        Member #121193
                        January 4, 2012
                        1637 Posts
                        Posted: March 27, 2012, 8:37 am - IP Logged

These stories are exactly why I give to organized charities like our local soup kitchen, giving to someone who claims to NEED food, that actually doesn't...those days are over. We have a guy who rides a 3 wheeled bike that panhandles all the time.....my neighbor who is a rural carrier for the post office, told me that this guy retired from the P.O. about 15 years ago and chooses to live that lifestyle. They had a retirement party for the guy, gave him gifts, etc etc. Not to say he couldn't have fallen on hard times, but hes getting a retirement check every month....So, no donations from my wallet No No

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                          Member #13130
                          March 30, 2005
                          2171 Posts
                          Posted: March 27, 2012, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

So it only cost you $2 to learn what other people still haven't learned after giving $100s to so-called charities & good-causes; many of those organizations support activities that donors would be totally at odds with.
                          You have no control (and usually no knowledge) of what is done with the money once it leaves your hand.

If people only knew where some of their scout-cookie money was going ...

Some of the wealthiest people in the country run "charities", "churches", and other "good-cause" organizations. A particularly odious one even has "poverty" as part of its name.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

ashabug725's avatar - Yavill
                            Indiana
                            United States
                            Member #122868
                            February 9, 2012
                            322 Posts
                            Posted: March 27, 2012, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

I ordered pizza once at my friends house... there was a lady out on the street begging for money for food... we ended up giving her the whole pizza.... well apparently she didn't like what kind it was and once we walked away she just threw it on the ground!!!!!!!!!! people like that make it even worse... what did she really want money for?!

I wish I may, I wish I might...
                                       Win the Powerball jackpot THIS big night!!!

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                              Dallas, TX
                              United States
                              Member #60284
                              April 12, 2008
                              3856 Posts
                              Posted: March 27, 2012, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

Her day job must be working at some banks. Using money of others as leverage. lol