Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I'd be so pissed...

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 5 years ago by four4me.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Bigheadnick's avatar - badluck
Taunton, Ma
United States
Member #123005
February 11, 2012
136 Posts
Posted: March 27, 2012, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

Epic ! just f-ing Epic !, I bet she wins

Scratchies for the win!

We are in a two-party dictatorship. You want change ? Vote third partyThumbs Up

Bronx, NY
    United States
    Member #124198
    March 8, 2012
    105 Posts
    Posted: March 27, 2012, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

That is why when someone asks me for money for food, I say "Do you really want some food?"  And if they say "yes" then I go "Ok let's go inside and I"ll buy you a sandwich or something."  Now if they go along then they really were hungry and in need of food.  But if they resist (like MOST do) that means they just want to money for other things....usually drugs.  I busted this guy just last week asking me for money inside of a McDonalds. I told him I won't give him any money but I would have no problem buying him a burger if he wanted it.  He said no he would prefer the money so he could buy it himself because it makes him feel more like a man being able to do it himself  "I'm like dude....you're in a <snip>ing McDonald's begging strangers for money, are you reallly that concerned about your manhood right now?"  I didnt say that out loud but I was thinking it.  I simply just rolled my eyes and walked away.  Didn't give him a dime.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

grwurston's avatar - 144
      Let's Go Rangers!!!
      bel air maryland
      United States
      Member #90251
      April 24, 2010
      4884 Posts
      Posted: March 27, 2012, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Some people make a pretty good living at panhandling.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
        Member #52345
        May 21, 2007
        2659 Posts
        Posted: March 27, 2012, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Some people make a pretty good living at panhandling.

Blue Thinkingwasn't thar an article a while back on MSN or somewhars similar about how some panhandlers clearin nearly as much as a person with a regular job ??

personally every time some bum asks me for money regardless of whar ....

I normally just tell them : "I'm so poor I got church mice stealing for me"

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
          Member #13130
          March 30, 2005
          2171 Posts
          Posted: March 27, 2012, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

One of those hidden camera shows did an episode where they set up 3 diff people in 3 diff locations to show how much could be collected in a day. Some regular panhandlers were making a nice living off of it.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
            Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
            United States
            Member #50210
            March 1, 2007
            843 Posts
            Posted: March 27, 2012, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

Blue Thinkingwasn't thar an article a while back on MSN or somewhars similar about how some panhandlers clearin nearly as much as a person with a regular job ??

personally every time some bum asks me for money regardless of whar ....

I normally just tell them : "I'm so poor I got church mice stealing for me"

Saw that show on Fox. Unreal!

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
              Member #121745
              January 16, 2012
              4806 Posts
              Posted: March 27, 2012, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

Once you make that decision to help someone out that you "perceive" needs helping, that should be the end of it.

What they do with that money after your gone is out of your hands. I would just chalk it up to a good Karma deed.    Blue Angel

Amen McGinnin.  Be kind to strangers in your midst as well since they could be angels.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10355 Posts
                Posted: March 28, 2012, 12:36 am - IP Logged

Some could be "angels unawares" but some definitely aren't.

When I worked in Vegas we had this "flea" (lowest bet player, at the time 25 cents) who hung around the crap tables waiting for aa touris to make a score.

Well, one day that's exactly what was happening and this one guy was geting paid $250 to $350 every roll of the dice ( he had all the numbers placed, had pressed them up, and the shooter was rolling a monster."

The guy took a break and went to the rest room and "Lenny the Loser" followed him on ( a couple of dealers were in there). Lenny gave the guy a song and dance about needing gas money to go to Jean to get his daughter because she was gettting out of jail that day, etc...etc....

The guy felt sorry for him and gave him $200.

A few minutes later the guy is back on the game. Here comes Lenny to the same table the guy is on and buys in for $200. What a pathetic low life degenerate.

---------------------------------------------------

A Las Vegas Review Journal once did an investigative report on panhandlers in Vegas and when he saw someone with a "Will work for food" sign he'd offer them $50 to help clean out his garage. He said the most common response he got was, "If I lose my corner (place on the street) I'll lose a lot more than the $50 you are offering to work.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #76087
                  June 18, 2009
                  859 Posts
                  Posted: March 28, 2012, 12:39 am - IP Logged

So here's the story. I'm parked right outside of a Gas Station/McDonald's, those dual store things where the McDonald's is connected to the gas station mart. This woman walks up to my car and ask me for money, says she's broke and starving, and needs money to eat from McDonald's. Now, I'm thinking to myself, I'm here to spend money on lotto tickets, the least I could do is give this poor lady a couple bucks so she wont starve. So I give her $2. Can't say the thought of good karma didn't cross my mind. 

I walk into the store and much to my surprise, she isn't at the McDonald's section, she's at the gas station section. I walk by and see her give the clerk the $2 I gave her, and I see him give her 2 Mega Millions QPs. My jaw is on the floor. I get the next 2 QPs from the clerk, but the damage was already done. If she ends up winning it with the money I gave her to get McDonald's, with the two tickets that I MYSELF would have gotten, well, I wont be able to cope with that at all.

LOL!  That's rather ironic.  Well let's hope you don't see her on the news holding that oversized check...

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                    Lavender Rocket

United States
                    Member #124616
                    March 16, 2012
                    2642 Posts
                    Posted: March 28, 2012, 5:18 am - IP Logged

It's tragic yet a cheap lesson.

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: March 28, 2012, 9:13 am - IP Logged

Amen McGinnin.  Be kind to strangers in your midst as well since they could be angels.

LOL  Blue Angel    Blue Angel     Blue Angel  I need all the Angel friends I can get!

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                        adelaide sa
                        Australia
                        Member #37136
                        April 11, 2006
                        3301 Posts
                        Posted: March 29, 2012, 7:05 am - IP Logged

did i say  she must think " only suckers pay for lotto tickets "

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
                          East of Columbus, OH
                          United States
                          Member #120843
                          December 28, 2011
                          451 Posts
                          Posted: March 29, 2012, 8:21 am - IP Logged

So here's the story. I'm parked right outside of a Gas Station/McDonald's, those dual store things where the McDonald's is connected to the gas station mart. This woman walks up to my car and ask me for money, says she's broke and starving, and needs money to eat from McDonald's. Now, I'm thinking to myself, I'm here to spend money on lotto tickets, the least I could do is give this poor lady a couple bucks so she wont starve. So I give her $2. Can't say the thought of good karma didn't cross my mind. 

I walk into the store and much to my surprise, she isn't at the McDonald's section, she's at the gas station section. I walk by and see her give the clerk the $2 I gave her, and I see him give her 2 Mega Millions QPs. My jaw is on the floor. I get the next 2 QPs from the clerk, but the damage was already done. If she ends up winning it with the money I gave her to get McDonald's, with the two tickets that I MYSELF would have gotten, well, I wont be able to cope with that at all.

Maybe the good karma did find you.  Maybe the two QP's you bought have a winner and by not buying the ones that she bought you have directed the good fortune to yourself.

Anyway, you thought you were doing a good thing and be happy you are a decent person willing to give a couple extra bucks to someone in need.  The next person that asks may really need it.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

meetoo's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                            Indiana
                            United States
                            Member #124862
                            March 21, 2012
                            41 Posts
                            Posted: March 29, 2012, 9:09 am - IP Logged

I'm usually reluctant to give money to beggars after witnessing many waste it on drugs or strong drink. I have however offered to buy them something to eat. In approx. 30 yrs. I've only had two people take me up on my offer. I personally went

inside with them and paid for their meal. Pray for those who despitefully use you. God knows your heart and acknowledges your efforts to help others. He will judge them accordingly and they shall reap what they sow just as we shall reap what

we sow. Who knows you may even be blessed with the winning ticket.

May You Prosper and be in Health!

NH
                              United States
                              Member #83352
                              December 5, 2009
                              223 Posts
                              Posted: March 29, 2012, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

That pulls at your nerves for sure...I always wondered about karma. When I do something that is thought of as good like give someone a couple bucks,  Afterward I too have a thought of this will be good for my karma...But does thinking that nullify the good deed? I sometimes get a quick guilty feeling for having that thought even though doing something good like that comes natural.