Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:13 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I'd be so pissed...

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 5 years ago by four4me.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
LottoPools's avatar - bee
Houston, TX
United States
Member #4496
April 29, 2004
71 Posts
Posted: March 29, 2012, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

Even though I usually feel guilty for not giving, I don't give because my sister in law saw a guy she had given money to before end his day by getting into a fairly new mercedes and driving off.  Plus the stories about how much some of these people make angers me.  I give to meals on wheels and food banks.

The only time I've been tempted to give was when I saw a guy with a sign that said "I'll be honest, I just want a beer."  If I'd been walking instead of driving, I'd have given him some money because he made me laugh.

Playing together to make a splash in the pool of lottery winners.  It's just a matter of time.

lottogenie's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    texas
    United States
    Member #2324
    September 15, 2003
    152 Posts
    Posted: March 30, 2012, 12:22 am - IP Logged

maybe she will think she has won by looking at the ticket wrong,,

tell her boss a thing are two and get fired...one could hope :)

itll back fire on her one day.....that was sorry what she did....

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: March 30, 2012, 1:00 am - IP Logged

I'm usually reluctant to give money to beggars after witnessing many waste it on drugs or strong drink. I have however offered to buy them something to eat. In approx. 30 yrs. I've only had two people take me up on my offer. I personally went

inside with them and paid for their meal. Pray for those who despitefully use you. God knows your heart and acknowledges your efforts to help others. He will judge them accordingly and they shall reap what they sow just as we shall reap what

we sow. Who knows you may even be blessed with the winning ticket.

"...witnessing many waste it on drugs or strong drink."

What do you mean "waste it" on strong drink?

A lot of us enjoy strong drink. Even some bums have good taste.

Maybe they don't want anything to eat. Maybe they just wanna put a good buzz on.

There's worse things in the world.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8360 Posts
        Posted: March 30, 2012, 1:08 am - IP Logged

So here's the story. I'm parked right outside of a Gas Station/McDonald's, those dual store things where the McDonald's is connected to the gas station mart. This woman walks up to my car and ask me for money, says she's broke and starving, and needs money to eat from McDonald's. Now, I'm thinking to myself, I'm here to spend money on lotto tickets, the least I could do is give this poor lady a couple bucks so she wont starve. So I give her $2. Can't say the thought of good karma didn't cross my mind. 

I walk into the store and much to my surprise, she isn't at the McDonald's section, she's at the gas station section. I walk by and see her give the clerk the $2 I gave her, and I see him give her 2 Mega Millions QPs. My jaw is on the floor. I get the next 2 QPs from the clerk, but the damage was already done. If she ends up winning it with the money I gave her to get McDonald's, with the two tickets that I MYSELF would have gotten, well, I wont be able to cope with that at all.

Basically you got took for 2 bucks... at least she didn't buy crack with it. Once you hand off money to someone like that you have no idea what they'll do with it. Here in Baltimore city some people are making like $250 a day panhandling.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.