Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 1:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions jackpot...Which would Anger you the most winning MM?

Topic closed. 56 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Dollar419.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Which type of person would Anger you the most winning MM?

Someone already a Millionaire [ 21 ]  [30.88%]
Never played lottery before [ 5 ]  [7.35%]
Senator/Congressman [ 7 ]  [10.29%]
Someone on Welfare [ 1 ]  [1.47%]
Celebrity [ 10 ]  [14.71%]
Lotto Pool [ 2 ]  [2.94%]
Previous Lotto winner [ 1 ]  [1.47%]
Me for asking this question [ 8 ]  [11.76%]
Other [ 13 ]  [19.12%]
Total Valid Votes [ 68 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  
Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
Member #121745
January 16, 2012
4974 Posts
Posted: March 30, 2012, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

I agree with the majority as well. No one deserves to win it more than another. I think when you start to think like that you are in for a lot of disappointment in your life. While I will be very curious who won (location, # of tickets bought,  age and some little tidbit of info will hopefully be shared), I cannot imagine thinking I deserve it over anyone or a more experienced played who has put in "the time", deserves to win over me as more of a novice.  That is ridiculous.  I would not even care if a celebrity won. If you think but for that "winner", it would have been you, you are delusional.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #82391
    November 12, 2009
    6305 Posts
    Posted: March 30, 2012, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

I voted other.....

I Love Pink & Green 1908

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8394 Posts
      Posted: March 30, 2012, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

Like most people, I would rather see it be won by Leona Helmsley's cat than by some weasel-like, creepy, slimy democrat politician. 

Good luck everybody!  Thumbs Up

Or say some curmudgeon scoundrel who's sitting by his still up on the hill with a warped sense of social skills

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
        Washington State
        United States
        Member #33973
        February 26, 2006
        347 Posts
        Posted: March 30, 2012, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't be angry if any of those listed won.  I'll have to admit, though, that I'd prefer someone who was not already wealthy to win.  Not that anyone "deserves" it.  But those who are able to contribute thousands of dollars to the frenzy are not only helping to fund all the prizes.  Their dollars are helping their state meet its budget problems, which is fine with me.

NH
          United States
          Member #83352
          December 5, 2009
          223 Posts
          Posted: April 1, 2012, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

Watching all these lottery shows and what people who didn't have any money are doing with their big win, makes me think that society just might be better off if someone already wealthy hits a very large jackpot. The wealthy seem to already know what to do with it.

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: April 1, 2012, 4:06 pm - IP Logged
            Or say some curmudgeon scoundrel who's sitting by his still up on the hill with a warped sense of social skills

Green laughNice return four4me!   ROFL

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: April 1, 2012, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

Anyone should be able to win, without any sour grapes from envious nut jobs. (makes for some bad wine also).  Yes Nod

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                Lavender Rocket

United States
                Member #124616
                March 16, 2012
                2642 Posts
                Posted: April 1, 2012, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

Which would anger me the most winning ANY lottery - how about some arogant know-it-all who goes out of their way to rub it in everyone's face and just generally be a pric-tard?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: April 1, 2012, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

Which would anger me the most winning ANY lottery - how about some arogant know-it-all who goes out of their way to rub it in everyone's face and just generally be a pric-tard?

You got that right, max! Thumbs Up

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: April 1, 2012, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Or say some overfed, bloated, no-nothing, union blowhard sitting in a bedbug infested city in a democrat-infested state paying confiscatory taxes.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: April 1, 2012, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

Or say some overfed, bloated, no-nothing, union blowhard sitting in a bedbug infested city in a democrat-infested state paying confiscatory taxes.

Isn't this the stuff we live for here at LP?  Green laughColorful, lively good hearted exchanges between a couple of good old boys.    Argue

I can't wait to get my Mom    Hippy      on this site........ she will be absolutely in  Lovies with all our delightful characters!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8394 Posts
                        Posted: April 1, 2012, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Maryland might be a democratic state but it's citizens also pay some of the highest taxes in the USA.... Prince Georges county has some of the richest people in the state also.... they work in DC too. all of em cant be Democrats. Especially since the GOP spent most of it's time there they didn't even bother to come to Baltimore the city that bleeds not reads.

Our unions have all but left here except for a few. and as for bedbugs we know where they came from down south. Maryland put over 1500 people to work last month. The so called free ride doesn't exist here. Welfare to work or hit the bricks. 

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                          Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                          Member #121745
                          January 16, 2012
                          4974 Posts
                          Posted: April 1, 2012, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

Maryland might be a democratic state but it's citizens also pay some of the highest taxes in the USA.... Prince Georges county has some of the richest people in the state also.... they work in DC too. all of em cant be Democrats. Especially since the GOP spent most of it's time there they didn't even bother to come to Baltimore the city that bleeds not reads.

Our unions have all but left here except for a few. and as for bedbugs we know where they came from down south. Maryland put over 1500 people to work last month. The so called free ride doesn't exist here. Welfare to work or hit the bricks. 

Prince Georges county has been infamous for murders and various crimes for at least 25 years and has as poor or even  worse reputation than SE DC. This is the first time I have ever heard PG county referred to as an upscale area (although I am sure there are wealthy enclaves there). And Yes, about 95% of them are Democrats.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: April 1, 2012, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

"Maryland might be a democratic state but it's citizens also pay some of the highest taxes in the USA...."

Duh? What do you think I just said? You don't know what confiscatory taxes are or what?

Anywhere democrats run the show, taxes are sky-high. Everybody knows that. You nanny-staters love it. It's like a momma's boy's dream come true - somebody telling him what to do every step of the way for the rest of his life. It's for people who just don't have any confidence in themselves and just want someone to take charge of their lives. (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

The reason I mentioned bedbugs was cuz I read in a travel magazine a couple months ago that Baltimore's hotels are infested with them. I'm in the south and I've never seen one in my life.

So enjoy your high taxes and bedbugs and being told what to do and I'll just sit here in my own little holler, without a neighbor in sight, with all my hound dogs around me, breathin' the fresh country air with a big ol' glass o' Jack! 

--Edmund Burke

Inland Empire
                              United States
                              Member #118116
                              October 22, 2011
                              322 Posts
                              Posted: April 1, 2012, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

Here's my thought.

I would be really pissed if someone who can't manage the money wins. If some guy who would buy a dozen Veyrons and/or Rolce Royce Phantom wins the jackpot and flaunt the wealth left and right I would be really, really pissed.

And...If someone who would keep the low profile and manages the money well, I would be jealous but I won't be furious at all. And if he/she is willing to help people without compromising his wealth significantly, I would be happy for him/her.