Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions jackpot...Which would Anger you the most winning MM?

Topic closed. 56 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Dollar419.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Which type of person would Anger you the most winning MM?

Someone already a Millionaire [ 21 ]  [30.88%]
Never played lottery before [ 5 ]  [7.35%]
Senator/Congressman [ 7 ]  [10.29%]
Someone on Welfare [ 1 ]  [1.47%]
Celebrity [ 10 ]  [14.71%]
Lotto Pool [ 2 ]  [2.94%]
Previous Lotto winner [ 1 ]  [1.47%]
Me for asking this question [ 8 ]  [11.76%]
Other [ 13 ]  [19.12%]
Total Valid Votes [ 68 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  
haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
United States
Member #112968
June 29, 2011
3850 Posts
Posted: April 1, 2012, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

Here's my thought.

I would be really pissed if someone who can't manage the money wins. If some guy who would buy a dozen Veyrons and/or Rolce Royce Phantom wins the jackpot and flaunt the wealth left and right I would be really, really pissed.

And...If someone who would keep the low profile and manages the money well, I would be jealous but I won't be furious at all. And if he/she is willing to help people without compromising his wealth significantly, I would be happy for him/her.

maybe we can call that DLEism, as in david lee edwards,

in some ways i feel bad for the guy, not devoid of human compassion.

the reason his story pisses off so many is he did't just flush $ down the toilet,

but that $ represented many oppertunities for the future,

thats what he did, took his future and flushed it.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8359 Posts
    Posted: April 1, 2012, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

"Maryland might be a democratic state but it's citizens also pay some of the highest taxes in the USA...."

Duh? What do you think I just said? You don't know what confiscatory taxes are or what?

Anywhere democrats run the show, taxes are sky-high. Everybody knows that. You nanny-staters love it. It's like a momma's boy's dream come true - somebody telling him what to do every step of the way for the rest of his life. It's for people who just don't have any confidence in themselves and just want someone to take charge of their lives. (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

The reason I mentioned bedbugs was cuz I read in a travel magazine a couple months ago that Baltimore's hotels are infested with them. I'm in the south and I've never seen one in my life.

So enjoy your high taxes and bedbugs and being told what to do and I'll just sit here in my own little holler, without a neighbor in sight, with all my hound dogs around me, breathin' the fresh country air with a big ol' glass o' Jack! 

Yea i know what confiscatory meant this dumbass had to look it up though Jack. We Baltimorns call it ripping us off. 

I love my momma god rest her soul.

I was a non conformist most of my life until i had no choice but to cut my hair and allow the bureaucracy to guide me and as a trained machinist i think i have a grip on what this country is about it's $$$$$$$ and always has been  money $$$$$$$ ever since George Washington crossed the Delaware river where they defeated the British a few weeks later. And later on build the wite house the cradle of our country.
    My father came to Maryland because Bethlehem Steel was paying the most $money$ and being to old to fight in the war decided to build Liberty ships instead of working in the mills in west Virginia and Harrisburg PA.
    I heard about the bed bugs too but thank god there not in my house, now when i was a kid my child hood home had them mom and dad burned the furniture and used a pesticide we aren't allowed to use now.
    You old country boy can stay up on the porch with the booze and the dogs that way you won't git in any trouble.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
      rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: April 2, 2012, 12:00 am - IP Logged
      Yea i know what confiscatory meant this dumbass had to look it up though Jack. We Baltimorns call it ripping us off. 

I love my momma god rest her soul.

I was a non conformist most of my life until i had no choice but to cut my hair and allow the bureaucracy to guide me and as a trained machinist i think i have a grip on what this country is about it's $$$$$$$ and always has been  money $$$$$$$ ever since George Washington crossed the Delaware river where they defeated the British a few weeks later. And later on build the wite house the cradle of our country.
      My father came to Maryland because Bethlehem Steel was paying the most $money$ and being to old to fight in the war decided to build Liberty ships instead of working in the mills in west Virginia and Harrisburg PA.
      I heard about the bed bugs too but thank god there not in my house, now when i was a kid my child hood home had them mom and dad burned the furniture and used a pesticide we aren't allowed to use now.
      You old country boy can stay up on the porch with the booze and the dogs that way you won't git in any trouble.

Roger that.

Hey, that article said that the bedbugs get in people's luggage and clothes in the hotels and motels and then they bring 'em home. They even latch onto their shoes when they're walking in the room. So don't let any visitors staying in hotels there come to your house, lol.

That was DDT that was the only thing that could kill them and it was outlawed due to faulty science from environmental wackos claiming possible cancer risk from long term exposure to it from what I understand and now there's millions of people dying from malaria every year because of the ban. Well, that worked out real good, didn't it?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tryintohit's avatar - masked
        Detroit, Michigan
        United States
        Member #118941
        November 11, 2011
        27 Posts
        Posted: April 2, 2012, 8:10 am - IP Logged

Like most people, I would rather see it be won by Leona Helmsley's cat than by some weasel-like, creepy, slimy democrat politician. 

Good luck everybody!  Thumbs Up

Thats funny!!I Agree!

I Can't Win, if I Don't Play.....Guitar

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #55889
          October 23, 2007
          5588 Posts
          Posted: April 2, 2012, 8:14 am - IP Logged

Thats funny!!I Agree!

I was wondering if Leona or her cat were a Dem??? LOL.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4783 Posts
            Posted: April 2, 2012, 8:23 am - IP Logged

I was wondering if Leona or her cat were a Dem??? LOL.

Leona left her money to a maltese dog, not a cat.

United States
              Member #111442
              May 25, 2011
              6323 Posts
              Posted: April 2, 2012, 8:37 am - IP Logged

Yup, Artist just let the "cat" out of the bag!

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                Member #121745
                January 16, 2012
                4783 Posts
                Posted: April 2, 2012, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

"Some of the numbers were familiar. I recognized some of them."

I say that after every lottery drawing. 

This super megamillions prize will continue to entertain us for this entire year and maybe years to come.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: April 4, 2012, 12:18 am - IP Logged

Well I'm glad to hear that cuz cats are very foolish with their money.

He'd have that penthouse apartment full of ridiculous little feathers on strings and battery powered mice and he'd be zoned out on catnip all the time.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Inland Empire
                    United States
                    Member #118116
                    October 22, 2011
                    316 Posts
                    Posted: April 4, 2012, 12:22 am - IP Logged

If you prefer a single party politics then I will just leave you at that.

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                      Wisconsin
                      United States
                      Member #123290
                      February 17, 2012
                      3048 Posts
                      Posted: April 4, 2012, 1:07 am - IP Logged

Only thing that would get me upset is that if this prize is never claimed.

Millions of prizes that go unclaimed every year all the time but  to have

the biggest jackpot ever go uncliamed?  UGH!!!!Mad

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                        Santa Ana
                        United States
                        Member #71159
                        February 20, 2009
                        651 Posts
                        Posted: April 4, 2012, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

Only thing that would get me upset is that if this prize is never claimed.

Millions of prizes that go unclaimed every year all the time but  to have

the biggest jackpot ever go uncliamed?  UGH!!!!Mad

I had previously answer this question before the Mega Millions Jackpot was drawn but now I feel a bit angry about the negative PR surrounding the winning ticket in Maryland. This was a landmark jackpot and now it has been tarnished by the fact that one woman is claming to have purchased the ticket, but has yet to produce it or if she purchased it with her co-workers, refuses to share it.  Either way, it will take years to unravel it and determine who should really get the money.  Perhaps the true winner is out there and is just waiting for the right time to come forward.

All I know is that if I was the winner, there would not have been a big problem claiming itSmile!!!. 

This is lottery karma at its worst!!!Mad 

GOOD LUCK TO LP FAMILY IN WINNING BIG!!Hyper