Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 4:23 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

You Know Your Poor When ?

Topic closed. 38 replies. Last post 5 years ago by mcginnin56.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111442
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: April 4, 2012, 10:20 am - IP Logged

When the food stamps run out, your competing with Fido for the that last morsel of Gravy Train.  Boxing

lottogenie's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    texas
    United States
    Member #2324
    September 15, 2003
    152 Posts
    Posted: April 4, 2012, 11:48 am - IP Logged

You have absolutely no money left, so you are walking around town sifting through all the lottery trash cans, looking for any winning scratchers.

you might also be addicted to the lottery.

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: April 4, 2012, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

you might also be addicted to the lottery.

That's the general idea, and topic of this forum (Your know your poor when...)   LOL   Yes Nod

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: April 4, 2012, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

You know your poor when you cant afford to pay attention.

We say that around here a lot.. lol

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
          Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #74096
          May 2, 2009
          22872 Posts
          Posted: April 4, 2012, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

You know somebody is poor when you stop at a 7-11 and theres a guy with a plastic bag and the top of the smoke post off (where you throw your cigarette butts) picking out a select few of used cigarette butts.When I saw him fire one up ,I nearly puked ,...........nasty

Poor comes in many varieties. This guy was poor and doing something about it. Didn't sound like he was asking for handouts, you got by alright...a little sick but still

off the hook. The guy will probably smoke til the day he dies. He would have had a fresh pack of smokes because I would have been right back in that store buying

him some fresh ones. He probably would have felt like a king for a day. Shame on people who choose to be compassion poor and ignore or are disgusted by what they can

help change.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
            Member #59354
            March 13, 2008
            3964 Posts
            Posted: April 5, 2012, 5:03 am - IP Logged

You know your poor when all the dogs won't dig around in your trash anymore.

You know your really poor when you start setting game traps to catch the neigh-

bothood pets. 

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40348 Posts
              Posted: April 5, 2012, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

You know your poor when, you use Mcdonalds ketchup packs to make soup.

You know your poor when you can't change the newspaper covering the windows.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

lottogenie's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                texas
                United States
                Member #2324
                September 15, 2003
                152 Posts
                Posted: April 5, 2012, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

you know your poor when you use a trashliner for a shower curtain,,,

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: April 5, 2012, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

Poor comes in many varieties. This guy was poor and doing something about it. Didn't sound like he was asking for handouts, you got by alright...a little sick but still

off the hook. The guy will probably smoke til the day he dies. He would have had a fresh pack of smokes because I would have been right back in that store buying

him some fresh ones. He probably would have felt like a king for a day. Shame on people who choose to be compassion poor and ignore or are disgusted by what they can

help change.

That's a nice gesture dr, guess I wouldn't have looked at it that way because of health concerns. Next time I see someone like that, I'll buy

them a pack of Marlboro's. Thumbs Up Put a smile on their face, if only for a few hours.