Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What Do You Think About The Current Mega Millions And Powerball Lottery Jackpots?

Topic closed. 41 replies. Last post 5 years ago by fossil134.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: April 9, 2012, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Have you read my signature?

No, I haven't had time.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
    East of Columbus, OH
    United States
    Member #120843
    December 28, 2011
    451 Posts
    Posted: April 9, 2012, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

"I'm still focused on trying to win the Classic Lotto here in Ohio"

Nightstalker, 7.2 million is a sweet jackpot but have you considered the frequency of payout on the Ohio Lotto. I use to play it myself however when I recently found information revealing it has only paid out

one jackpot in the previous twelve month time period, I quit playing it. My reasoning is that there are other state lotto's which payout much more frequently, as much as 20 times more frequent in the same time period. Frequency of payouts may

greatly enhance our abiltiy to win.  ( It has to pay out to win it ). I'm certainly not trying to discourage anyone from playing it. It just seems to me that I (we) are missing an important part of the equation since we are not factoring in frequency

payout. In all honesty, I'm not even sure if it's possible to factor it in. Hope it helps!

No regrets here on playing MM as has been mentioned "you have to be in it to win it" (catchy little phrase - kudo's to whomever is responsible for it).

The Classic hit in Jan 2010 and May 2010 then didn't hit again until Oct 2011 (50.1 Million) and then again in Dec 2011.  I play all my own numbers in the Classic and have been tracking it for some time.  Thanks for the advice.  I'm not concerned with the frequency of payout, just the payout when I win it!  Big Grin

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      11979 Posts
      Posted: April 12, 2012, 9:16 am - IP Logged

PB jackpot rolled from $94M to $113M ( +$19M ).

This game is way better than MM. It is only a matter of time for MM to change its game matrix. The PB jackpots are rolling too fast for MM to catch up from a $12M starting Jackpot.  Lottery players are loving the powerball, they are playing this game more.That is why we are seeing rolls bigger than $10M.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90535
        April 29, 2010
        11979 Posts
        Posted: April 12, 2012, 9:30 am - IP Logged

Buddy, I'm not trying to tell you how to run your finances, but here's a little advice from my own personal experiences with PB/MM games. There's really no reason not to just get (5) QP's, or, run $5 worth of your own numbers...either will work fine. I've ALWAYS had better outcomes with simply getting a solid $5 worth of numbers as oppose to spending $20 and up. All BS aside, I seem to match more numbers on a single line with just one playslip than I do with multiple slips. In fact, on the very last time I played, I came within 1-2 numbers of every single one of them drawn...on a single playslip...$5. 

People put waaaay too much effort and emphasis on a game of this magnitude in terms of numbers to choose. A player is either gonna get something, nothing, or, ALL OF IT no matter how many numbers are ran.

L.L. 

Would you spend $20 for 1 Powerball ticket with 10 lines?

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
          upstate NY
          United States
          Member #108791
          March 31, 2011
          549 Posts
          Posted: April 12, 2012, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

This game is way better than MM. It is only a matter of time for MM to change its game matrix. The PB jackpots are rolling too fast for MM to catch up from a $12M starting Jackpot.  Lottery players are loving the powerball, they are playing this game more.That is why we are seeing rolls bigger than $10M.

Yet MM is the one that just had the world-record jackpot.  Hmmmmmmm.....  Lurking

Patriot

Morrison, IL
            United States
            Member #4657
            May 13, 2004
            1884 Posts
            Posted: April 12, 2012, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

Still, every draw on the current Mega Millions run has sold AT LEAST 22 MILLION tickets.   Every Powerball draw since its $325 million jackpot in February has sold LESS THAN 20 MILLION tickets.  Powerball only rolls faster because of its $2 ticket price.

---

WV
              United States
              Member #107175
              March 2, 2011
              100 Posts
              Posted: April 15, 2012, 12:54 am - IP Logged

Still, every draw on the current Mega Millions run has sold AT LEAST 22 MILLION tickets.   Every Powerball draw since its $325 million jackpot in February has sold LESS THAN 20 MILLION tickets.  Powerball only rolls faster because of its $2 ticket price.

They finally topped 20 million tickets sold. $40,154.098 for the Aug 14 drawing. Jackpot rolled to 131 million for next drawing.

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #123290
                February 17, 2012
                3051 Posts
                Posted: April 15, 2012, 1:43 am - IP Logged

Two players matched 5 numbers, $1,000,000 winners from Wisconsin!

How did your state do?

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7310 Posts
                  Posted: April 15, 2012, 10:08 am - IP Logged

Two players matched 5 numbers, $1,000,000 winners from Wisconsin!

How did your state do?

There were a total of 6 tickets matching 5 + 0 and one player in Florida used Powerplay and won $2 million. To find out where the other tickets were sold:

http://www.usamega.com/powerball-drawing.asp?d=4/14/2012

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                    Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #123290
                    February 17, 2012
                    3051 Posts
                    Posted: April 15, 2012, 10:20 am - IP Logged

There were a total of 6 tickets matching 5 + 0 and one player in Florida used Powerplay and won $2 million. To find out where the other tickets were sold:

http://www.usamega.com/powerball-drawing.asp?d=4/14/2012

Yes, that's where I got the information, just asking others how they did.

rikubby's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                      Madison
                      United States
                      Member #126713
                      April 15, 2012
                      2 Posts
                      Posted: April 15, 2012, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

Gotta love em:)

United States
                        Member #126225
                        April 5, 2012
                        7 Posts
                        Posted: April 15, 2012, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

Fantastic, NOT. So I was at the lottery machine on Wednesday, and selected a Powerball QP. The numbers looked too "bunched together" to me so I selected a new ticket. That "bunched together" ticket looked awfully similar to last night's drawing. May never know how close I got. Oh well, there's always next time!!!!!!! Cheers