Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which odds are better?

Topic closed. 95 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Ronnie316.

Page 6 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
Idaho
United States
Member #76087
June 18, 2009
859 Posts
Posted: April 22, 2012, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

You can track the Mega ball.  I usually win the money for hitting mega ball.  Right now 15, 16, 17, 20, 21 or 23 WILL hit in the next few drawings on PB.

I haven't had time to play MegaMillions lately but I noticed with the MegaBall that the teen numbers were sorely absent, as well as most numbers ending in '2'.  I need to sit down and update my charts today... see if it's worth taking a crack at again.

La Maga Della Spaziometria

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
    Economy class
    Belgium
    Member #123700
    February 27, 2012
    4035 Posts
    Posted: April 22, 2012, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

I posted a 500 USD game, up to you, if you want to play it or not. Maybe you should see what if it would have paid, if you would have played.

At the moment I am not refining that as I have started wheel construction.

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: April 22, 2012, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

You can track the Mega ball.  I usually win the money for hitting mega ball.  Right now 15, 16, 17, 20, 21 or 23 WILL hit in the next few drawings on PB.

Thanks BG for helping me win Maddogs Powerball Challenge 4/21 The mega #16 came in real handy. I seem to do well with the white numbers and then have little energy left for picking the mega. Thats why I traditionaly play one favorite mega number with all lines. Bummer is waiting sometimes 6 months to hit the mega. Im thinking about playing one line with all 46 megas but $46 is too much cash.

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: April 22, 2012, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

I posted a 500 USD game, up to you, if you want to play it or not. Maybe you should see what if it would have paid, if you would have played.

At the moment I am not refining that as I have started wheel construction.

Not sure what $500 USD game you are talking about, and didnt see what post. Im still thinking about the one line with all 46 megas. If I play 10 draws it would come out to $460. USD

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
          Economy class
          Belgium
          Member #123700
          February 27, 2012
          4035 Posts
          Posted: April 23, 2012, 6:04 am - IP Logged

I want to spend around $500. on a single Mega drew. Should I use 500 different sets of numbers with a single favorite Mega number, or use 10 sets of numbers and all 46 mega numbers with each?

@Ronnie

That post!

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
            rekjavik
            Iceland
            Member #99537
            October 27, 2010
            177 Posts
            Posted: April 23, 2012, 8:59 am - IP Logged

I want to spend around $500. on a single Mega drew. Should I use 500 different sets of numbers with a single favorite Mega number, or use 10 sets of numbers and all 46 mega numbers with each?

I say spend 250 and bank 250.... this way you will always win......

250 numbers should be more than enough....... and you can break it up in sectors.

50 wheel numbers

50 hot numbers

50 your numbers

50 quick pick

50 random dream numbers

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: April 23, 2012, 10:12 am - IP Logged

I say spend 250 and bank 250.... this way you will always win......

250 numbers should be more than enough....... and you can break it up in sectors.

50 wheel numbers

50 hot numbers

50 your numbers

50 quick pick

50 random dream numbers

What about boxing? Suppose I wanted to box 6 white balls instead of 5. How many lines would that be? And what about 7 white balls?

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                rekjavik
                Iceland
                Member #99537
                October 27, 2010
                177 Posts
                Posted: April 23, 2012, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

What about boxing? Suppose I wanted to box 6 white balls instead of 5. How many lines would that be? And what about 7 white balls?

Not sure but I think your down to 125 / 20 instead of 250 / 50.......

But make sure you use different types of systems for each one and see which works best......

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: April 23, 2012, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

I just went down to my local Lottery office and the retail counter would not accept my debit card for tickets, so instead of getting $500. worth of scratchers I got a FREE scratchers cheat sheet instead.

Funny, the guy in front of me was cashing in $500 worth of lotto draws and she told him he would have to accept a check because they didnt have that much cash on hand. He told her the reason he drove down to the Lottery office was so that he would be assured of getting cash. She rolled her eyes, shook her head, and reached in the drawer and got out the cash for him. Even after you win it, they dont want to give it up.

The cheat sheet is interesting, 11 of the 17 closed games listed have unclaimed jackpot prizes, one of them being a cool $1 million.

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: April 23, 2012, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

Here is a which odds are better question?

A..... $10. for a 1 in 1.2 million chance of winning $625,000.

B..... $20. for a 1 in 240,000 chance of winning $500,000.

C..... $10. for a 1 in 240,000 chance of winning $100,000.

D.....  $5. for a 1 in 240,000 chance of winning $50,000.

E.....  $2. for a 1 in 240,000 chance of winning $10,000.

United States
                      Member #123632
                      February 25, 2012
                      156 Posts
                      Posted: April 24, 2012, 8:24 am - IP Logged

Say Ronnie I came across your $500 idea

Listen I created a wheel some years back using lottopro I simply edited one of the wheels and came up wit my own.

it produces 42 tickets for 21 dollars using 24 numbers

I was able to wheel 24 numbers and got all 6 winning numbers that showed that night.

unfortunately my car broke down on the way to the store and I never got the playslip into the machine

Yet I had all 6 on the playslip (please dont feel bad for me I am fine)

Yet I know you do not have to spend alot to get alot

I got them with $21

With this wheel I created I was able to get the 6 winning number in my work out again in less than 2 years.

Yet when I went to play my numbers the machine was down and I only had a few min left to play.

yeah I know I have the worst luck, (again do not feel bad for me I am fine) My problem isnt getting the numbers my problem is getting them into the machine.

At times I really felt that life was working against me, so I gave up playing for a long time.

Before I created my wheel I used to spend about $100 dollars and occasionally up to $300 a draw until I came up with my wheel.

So I know that with the right wheel you can spend as little as $21 and get all 6 numbers on the same line

I think most people in this chat are hoping you will make a good investment with a great payout and they dont want you to lose your money.

You could be someone who doesnt not worry about wealth or money isnt an option

Yet heres and Idea if you are not wealthy

why not get someone else to go in halves with you for $250

or 4 people to go in with you for $125 a piece

or create a lottery group in your nieghborhood and get

10 people o play at $50 a piece

or 20 people at $25 a piece

this way you can try your method several times and no one will lose more than $25 or only lose a minimim amount.

And the money you do win you can all split

and if you ever do hit it BIG hey I think you would all be happy even if you split the jackpot as a group

After all how happy would you be if you were part of a group who won millions?

How much have you won by yourself?

You have to always be in "CREATIVE THINK MODE" and coming up with different ways to play and win

I would suggest NOT to be a LONE SOLDIER 

I spent over $10,000 attempting to win alone

and even when I had all 6 number I was prevented from getting the playslip into the machine

I haven't revealed this to anyone before on this site but I actually was able to get all 6 numbers right 6 different times in 2 years with my self created wheel

yet this is the worse part of being ME

Each time I had the numbers something prevented me each time from getting the numbers into the machine such as

The retail computer was down

My car broke down

The ATM was down and couldnt get the cash to play

I was one minute to late

Once I got all the playslips into the machine except the very last playslip and that was the playslip with the winning numbers.

I AM NOT JOKING!

My life has been a LIVING HELL

(but please do not feel sad for me I am fine, really I am)

I am just trying to help you.

You could very well get all 6 winning numbers but not make it to the store or your car breaks down or the computer at the store wil be down.

I finally came to the conclusion that life isnt about winning the lottery as much as it is about living your life while you still have the time to do so. LIFE IT SELF IS A LOTTERY. Some people get so wrapped up in it they lose their wife, their life, their house, everything! for what? Money?

Ronnie I have nothing against anyone spending money on the lottery. I say spend away..spend every dime you've got.

Who am I to tell someone what to do with their own money.

Its your money.

I hope you win.

Yet think hard about why you want or need to win?

Is a family member dying and you need the money to put them in the best hospital so they can live.

Then I hope you win BIG.

Hey man $500 ? 

Like one young guy said to me once when I was playing $300 one night in a drawing 

he said

"$300? What are you thinkin dude? What are you thinkin?"

6..6..times

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: April 24, 2012, 10:23 am - IP Logged

Your wheel statagy sounds like one that works. You can share it here if you want, and I will play the $21. The machines work real good in my location and I usually buy my tickets early in the day so I dont get shut out.

Also, I often mark the 10 draw box so I dont have to go back for 5 weeks. Does your statagy require using new numbers each game or can the same numbers be played 10 draws in a row?

Appleton, Wi
                          United States
                          Member #118178
                          October 24, 2011
                          199 Posts
                          Posted: April 25, 2012, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I would play the 4 combinations under the 10 sum.

Good choice.

United States
                            Member #116268
                            September 7, 2011
                            20244 Posts
                            Posted: April 26, 2012, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

Thanks BlueDuck,

Odds may be the same for all combinations but I still believe probability favors certain combinations even though it cant be proven and we don't know how or why.

Appleton, Wi
                              United States
                              Member #118178
                              October 24, 2011
                              199 Posts
                              Posted: April 27, 2012, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

Thanks BlueDuck,

Odds may be the same for all combinations but I still believe probability favors certain combinations even though it cant be proven and we don't know how or why.

I think the reason is because it is hard to produce completely random numbers.