Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you think any of your family would kill you if you won the lottery?

Topic closed. 71 replies. Last post 5 years ago by RL-RANDOMLOGIC.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Bronx, NY
United States
Member #124198
March 8, 2012
105 Posts
Posted: May 20, 2012, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

Nope but I agree with the person who said you never know what people are capable of. I can honestly say (and believe) that no one in the family I interact with everyday which is only my Mom, 3 sisters, brother and grandma would off me because they'd get a generous portion. I'd probably think of some silly excuse to give cash gifts to my extended family and probably never tell them I won the lottery. My extended family would probably never know because I don't see them often at all and have no idea who they interact with. My cousin actually stopped by a few days ago and talked about how all of his "homies" are getting arrested and locked up. If he were to know and offhandedly mention his cousin winning the lottery to his friends... something might occur. You never know.

I completely agree with your post and have a similar situation.  Of the family members I interact with on a day-to-day basis (mom, dad, one of my sisters) I'm confident they wouldn't kill me for the money, because they will be getting generous portions.  I have a huge family (some of them I've never met and others I don't even know their names) so I can't really speak to what they would and wouldn't do.  I do know for a fact that some of them are incredibly greedy.  My brother has been in and out of jail since he was 16 and while I don't think HE would do anything to me, as you said, he may offhandedly mention something to his pals and that might cause problems.  Its too the point that when I win, I do not even want certain people knowing where I live.

pepper1's avatar - batman38
    hotatlanta
    United States
    Member #70664
    February 8, 2009
    1446 Posts
    Posted: May 20, 2012, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

I'm totally blown away by the responses here with so many thinking their own family members might kill them for jackpot money.

That situation is so totally unthinkable and bizarre to me, I can't even imagine a thought like that ever entering my mind.

Wow.

Sorry rdgrnr you didn't like that comment. I bet you some of the people that won the lottery never thought that

there family member would try to kill than, but it happen. It best to be safe than sorry. I don't think my family member

wuld kill me, but I know how they like to talk , and that might be what will get me kill. We're living in evil time.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: May 20, 2012, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

Sorry rdgrnr you didn't like that comment. I bet you some of the people that won the lottery never thought that

there family member would try to kill than, but it happen. It best to be safe than sorry. I don't think my family member

wuld kill me, but I know how they like to talk , and that might be what will get me kill. We're living in evil time.

No, it wasn't that I didn't like any comment, pepper.

It's that I was totally blown away by the responses that affirmed so many people here would worry about their own family killing them for money.

That surprised the hell out of me.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

hotatlanta
        United States
        Member #70664
        February 8, 2009
        1446 Posts
        Posted: May 20, 2012, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

This is a very deep topic to me... and I believe I have a simple project which will give each and everyone of you an idea of what could possibly happen in the event of such a windfall. Just very casually, when you're around any friends or family, ask them what they'd say or think if you told them you'd won the lottery. Anybody here got the guts to do it? Also, it's not the initial response that I'd be focusin on but, rather what CONTINUES to happen thereafter for some time behind the thought of your winnings.

I've already been through it and I'm not sharing what happened. But, if you really, really want to know how much lots of money really affects those close to you, then conduct this project for your own personal satisfaction. There's nothing cruel about it because you'd only be asking what they'd think or feel "IF" you told them you won. There's a difference.

Yeah, somebody's afraid already. Pepper1 did really well and got deep with this topic...  Lucky's gonna one up her and take it even deeper...

Let the project begin...

L.L.

I've done this. My sister think that I should buy them a house  and car they should be able to quite work. My sister-in-law think I should take care of my family and my husband  family with 3 million a piece.

My two grown kids think they should'nt have to work again. My granddaughter want an expense car, college paid for, and all the most expense clothers that money can buy, money in the bank and credit card. I would help alot of people

It's just I'm going to make my own choice. I not telling anyone but my husband. I want peace just my choice.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
          Texas
          United States
          Member #86154
          January 30, 2010
          1648 Posts
          Posted: May 20, 2012, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

I've done this. My sister think that I should buy them a house  and car they should be able to quite work. My sister-in-law think I should take care of my family and my husband  family with 3 million a piece.

My two grown kids think they should'nt have to work again. My granddaughter want an expense car, college paid for, and all the most expense clothers that money can buy, money in the bank and credit card. I would help alot of people

It's just I'm going to make my own choice. I not telling anyone but my husband. I want peace just my choice.

Hey, good for you pepper1. At least now you have an idea of how those close to you feel about you and a windfall. See, the problem here is that most people think they really know those whom they're around most of the time...when they actually don't. Most people let you see what they want you to see because the conditions are usually never "right" for them to show true colors. 

Here's a prime example. I'm sure you've heard about these fake lottery and scratch-off tickets right? Well,

I've sat in on a jokes like this first hand...several times over, and I saw what the thought of certain types of individuals having lots of money does to those around him. For the record, it was a guy we gave the ticket to and he was in on this deal as well. The project was to see what all the "other" guys around him would think as well as all the women who never game him a second glance.

Oh, yeah...this was a real good one!!!! Long story short, the guy that actually threw the party, and invited the "jokee", felt that the winner should pay for all the drinks and food at the party..."since he has it like that now". And, the women that never gave him the time of day basically walked up to him with their underwear in their hands. Money does, in fact, change people's train of thought.

What's so strange is that even after we told everyone what really happened, they still didn't believe us...to this day. The reason why is because this same guy actually came into some money through inheritance not too long thereafter...and he knew he would which is why we did the project. The best part is that he now knows how all those people think...and he keeps them at a very safe distance. Especially those women...no disrespect at all to you.

pepper1, lots of people are afraid of the truth...and they suffer because of it. Well, Lucky knows exactly what to do when his ship comes in...and how. As the old cliche goes, "If you don't know, you'd better ask somebody!"

L.L.

hotatlanta
            United States
            Member #70664
            February 8, 2009
            1446 Posts
            Posted: May 20, 2012, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

No, it wasn't that I didn't like any comment, pepper.

It's that I was totally blown away by the responses that affirmed so many people here would worry about their own family killing them for money.

That surprised the hell out of me.

I'm old school. In my day family meant alot.Not today. Did you not see the story were the son sign his own name

to his mother lottery ticket. I believe it best to be safe than sorry.

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
              Whiskey Island
              United States
              Member #90216
              April 24, 2010
              12740 Posts
              Posted: May 20, 2012, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

Money is the Root of all Evil !!  It changes everyones preception of you when you have it . They get the " GIVE ME COMPLEX " or " I WANT THIS !!  " . The Best Rule for Such a WIN Fall is Silence !! Their is Ten Golden Rules to Life !

hotatlanta
                United States
                Member #70664
                February 8, 2009
                1446 Posts
                Posted: May 20, 2012, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

Hey, good for you pepper1. At least now you have an idea of how those close to you feel about you and a windfall. See, the problem here is that most people think they really know those whom they're around most of the time...when they actually don't. Most people let you see what they want you to see because the conditions are usually never "right" for them to show true colors. 

Here's a prime example. I'm sure you've heard about these fake lottery and scratch-off tickets right? Well,

I've sat in on a jokes like this first hand...several times over, and I saw what the thought of certain types of individuals having lots of money does to those around him. For the record, it was a guy we gave the ticket to and he was in on this deal as well. The project was to see what all the "other" guys around him would think as well as all the women who never game him a second glance.

Oh, yeah...this was a real good one!!!! Long story short, the guy that actually threw the party, and invited the "jokee", felt that the winner should pay for all the drinks and food at the party..."since he has it like that now". And, the women that never gave him the time of day basically walked up to him with their underwear in their hands. Money does, in fact, change people's train of thought.

What's so strange is that even after we told everyone what really happened, they still didn't believe us...to this day. The reason why is because this same guy actually came into some money through inheritance not too long thereafter...and he knew he would which is why we did the project. The best part is that he now knows how all those people think...and he keeps them at a very safe distance. Especially those women...no disrespect at all to you.

pepper1, lots of people are afraid of the truth...and they suffer because of it. Well, Lucky knows exactly what to do when his ship comes in...and how. As the old cliche goes, "If you don't know, you'd better ask somebody!"

L.L.

None taken. We see people marry some ugly old people for money. I like Larry King the other day I was watching

TV, and I was thinking why would a young wife that he has stay with him, and it hit me "Money, Money. The man got

all kind of hump in his back. We see and hear of all kind of stories everyday. I'm not telling so that we all can

get along.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                  Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                  United States
                  Member #112968
                  June 29, 2011
                  3855 Posts
                  Posted: May 20, 2012, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

pepper1, are these family members buying as much lottery and promising to share w/ you ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3855 Posts
                    Posted: May 20, 2012, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Money is the Root of all Evil !!  It changes everyones preception of you when you have it . They get the " GIVE ME COMPLEX " or " I WANT THIS !!  " . The Best Rule for Such a WIN Fall is Silence !! Their is Ten Golden Rules to Life !

"the love of money is the root of all evil"

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
                      East of Columbus, OH
                      United States
                      Member #120843
                      December 28, 2011
                      451 Posts
                      Posted: May 21, 2012, 9:53 am - IP Logged

No, I don't believe that anyone in my family would actually kill me to get my lottery winnings.  Depending on the amount won, I have a plan in place to give money to my family members.  I already know I have some people in my life that would expect me to pay for everything socially after I win. 

I know there are some dark people out there and I feel sorry for some of you that have them in your life.  I can only suggest that you plan for that day when you win.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #86154
                        January 30, 2010
                        1648 Posts
                        Posted: May 21, 2012, 10:42 am - IP Logged

Good catch, haymaker.

L.L.

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: May 21, 2012, 11:12 am - IP Logged

What if you love  Lover money, but also love  Lover   to give it away to   Lover   charitable causes.  Are you still evil?   Bat

United States
                            Member #112968
                            June 29, 2011
                            3855 Posts
                            Posted: May 21, 2012, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

What if you love  Lover money, but also love  Lover   to give it away to   Lover   charitable causes.  Are you still evil?   Bat

If i love somthing, i'm not giving it away.

I don't love money so when i win'

I will be giving some away,

And yes charitable causes are on my list.

@ lucky loser  thanks.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: May 22, 2012, 10:35 am - IP Logged

I'm old school. In my day family meant alot.Not today. Did you not see the story were the son sign his own name

to his mother lottery ticket. I believe it best to be safe than sorry.

I'm old school too, pepper. Maybe my whole family is. I just know there's not one person that I would have to worry about doing that in my family. Even the young ones undergoing the brainwashing in the schools (which we rectify).

Maybe that's the difference. Values, morals and good character aren't stressed, taught or placed in high regard anymore in school like they used to be. What generations of kids are being taught now is "If it feels good, do it."

And it's tearing the fabric of our society and destroying our whole culture.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke