Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you think any of your family would kill you if you won the lottery?

Topic closed. 71 replies. Last post 5 years ago by RL-RANDOMLOGIC.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: May 22, 2012, 11:36 am - IP Logged

I'm old school too, pepper. Maybe my whole family is. I just know there's not one person that I would have to worry about doing that in my family. Even the young ones undergoing the brainwashing in the schools (which we rectify).

Maybe that's the difference. Values, morals and good character aren't stressed, taught or placed in high regard anymore in school like they used to be. What generations of kids are being taught now is "If it feels good, do it."

And it's tearing the fabric of our society and destroying our whole culture.

But ridge.

Are you too "calcified" to see that you are destroying America with that kind of talk??

They are being taught "all good things" like, reducing gasoline usage, making higher education a career, helping a negro, saving an animal and loving a gay person.

Thanks to the goobers of this world, it is a much safer and fairrier place now.

Uh...wait, is that Right??????

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
    Lavender Rocket

United States
    Member #124616
    March 16, 2012
    2642 Posts
    Posted: May 22, 2012, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

I'm old school too, pepper. Maybe my whole family is. I just know there's not one person that I would have to worry about doing that in my family. Even the young ones undergoing the brainwashing in the schools (which we rectify).

Maybe that's the difference. Values, morals and good character aren't stressed, taught or placed in high regard anymore in school like they used to be. What generations of kids are being taught now is "If it feels good, do it."

And it's tearing the fabric of our society and destroying our whole culture.

ahh but Ridge - sometimes a bad-egg just turns up through the wonder of the "genetic" lottery and you end up with a crazy-uncle that everyone sighs heavily once he shows up and when he leaves everyone checks their back pockets/purses.  no amount of un-brainwashing can help in some cases.  goodness knows we all tried!  ... however, age and old-timers is helping.  :)

pepper1's avatar - batman38
      hotatlanta
      United States
      Member #70664
      February 8, 2009
      1446 Posts
      Posted: May 22, 2012, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

pepper1, are these family members buying as much lottery and promising to share w/ you ?

Most of them say that they would. I know the ones that would. My sister-law who want the 3million would, she's a very

kind heart person. My other sisterlaw say that she would , but I know she run off. My parents would. My sister would

give you a little, and not answer the phone after. I'm not saying that I wouldn't share the wealth. I just wouldn't let

it become an issues. If you don't know than we wouldn't have a problem. My mother keeps up with the gossip in

her small town, and when you know that a person can't hold water than don't give them the news.

hotatlanta
        United States
        Member #70664
        February 8, 2009
        1446 Posts
        Posted: May 22, 2012, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

But ridge.

Are you too "calcified" to see that you are destroying America with that kind of talk??

They are being taught "all good things" like, reducing gasoline usage, making higher education a career, helping a negro, saving an animal and loving a gay person.

I don't get this post at all. What do you mean by helping a negro. We don't have negro anymore we have black people

If that what you mean stay off my post...................... I don't want that kind of stuff here.

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
          Whiskey Island
          United States
          Member #90216
          April 24, 2010
          12754 Posts
          Posted: May 22, 2012, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

If they try ! They will need to get pass my dogs Smith and Wesson ....

hotatlanta
            United States
            Member #70664
            February 8, 2009
            1446 Posts
            Posted: May 22, 2012, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

Pepper1, check my post when you have some time and let me know your thoughts on it. It's good to see you're still around!

L.L.

Thanks. I will check your post out.

NH
              United States
              Member #83352
              December 5, 2009
              223 Posts
              Posted: May 23, 2012, 12:31 am - IP Logged

I'm totally blown away by the responses here with so many thinking their own family members might kill them for jackpot money.

That situation is so totally unthinkable and bizarre to me, I can't even imagine a thought like that ever entering my mind.

Wow.

My older brother and all the people he lives with are drug addicts and raging alcoholics. If I didn't think it was a possibility that I could be killed by these people, then I would probably end up dead.  And to be honest, I really wouldn't worry about my brother but the people around him.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: May 23, 2012, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

My older brother and all the people he lives with are drug addicts and raging alcoholics. If I didn't think it was a possibility that I could be killed by these people, then I would probably end up dead.  And to be honest, I really wouldn't worry about my brother but the people around him.

Sorry to hear that, Gym.

Be careful.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                  Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #74096
                  May 2, 2009
                  22976 Posts
                  Posted: May 23, 2012, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

Without the drugs and alcohol, your brother would be a different person and have different people around him. It's a shame what some people

become and what lows they sometimes sink to while under the influence of either. I don't think most people would actually go as far as killing

someone in their own family....I said some in mine might if they could get away with it...but you are wise to face the truth that with drugs and

alcohol involved, wrong place, wrong time for you may not feel so wrong to them.

I agree with rdgrnr.....be careful and stay safe...better yet, stay away.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                    Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #74096
                    May 2, 2009
                    22976 Posts
                    Posted: May 23, 2012, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

But ridge.

What do those things have to do with morals? 'Causes' like you listed are meant to make the individual feel better....all pain free and

simple to be involved in yet important enough for those who take part because it gives them a sense of 'I'm doing my part'.

Love a gay person?

Why not just love all people? Why just gay? Being gay is something we're all 'taught' is now acceptable and if you don't accept it, then

something is wrong with you.

Save an animal? Well, I'm all for saving animals but not over people. Sometimes I think that's a tough choice for some people.

Helping a negro? Negro? Well, that's a better term than another I can think of but there are Whites that need help, so do Hispanics

and Asians too...HELL, a LOT of White people need help. Why center on race - just another cause to support. Don't get reeled in by

the 'we gotta do something now for how badly we treated them' bunk.

Reduce gasoline usage? Until people stop driving everywhere, anytime, all the time - there will be no savings in gas usage, unless we

all drive electric cars or start walking.

Causes are painless...morals are painful. Do the right thing and don't be guided into feeling like jumping on the bandwagon and having

a back patting party being part of a cause. To say that you're for something just because it's expected of you isn't really hard to do.

Get out there and really HELP someone, really DO something and really BE an example.

America is destroying itself because no one has the guts or motivation to change the very little that they do - everyone is too busy taking

care of number 1...themselves.

hotatlanta
                      United States
                      Member #70664
                      February 8, 2009
                      1446 Posts
                      Posted: May 24, 2012, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

What do those things have to do with morals? 'Causes' like you listed are meant to make the individual feel better....all pain free and

simple to be involved in yet important enough for those who take part because it gives them a sense of 'I'm doing my part'.

Love a gay person?

Why not just love all people? Why just gay? Being gay is something we're all 'taught' is now acceptable and if you don't accept it, then

something is wrong with you.

Save an animal? Well, I'm all for saving animals but not over people. Sometimes I think that's a tough choice for some people.

Helping a negro? Negro? Well, that's a better term than another I can think of but there are Whites that need help, so do Hispanics

and Asians too...HELL, a LOT of White people need help. Why center on race - just another cause to support. Don't get reeled in by

the 'we gotta do something now for how badly we treated them' bunk.

Reduce gasoline usage? Until people stop driving everywhere, anytime, all the time - there will be no savings in gas usage, unless we

all drive electric cars or start walking.

Causes are painless...morals are painful. Do the right thing and don't be guided into feeling like jumping on the bandwagon and having

a back patting party being part of a cause. To say that you're for something just because it's expected of you isn't really hard to do.

Get out there and really HELP someone, really DO something and really BE an example.

America is destroying itself because no one has the guts or motivation to change the very little that they do - everyone is too busy taking

care of number 1...themselves.

Well said. If we all had this outlook on life the world would be a better place........

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                        Member #59354
                        March 13, 2008
                        3985 Posts
                        Posted: May 24, 2012, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Not if I seen them first

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020