Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you think any of your family would kill you if you won the lottery?

Topic closed. 71 replies. Last post 5 years ago by RL-RANDOMLOGIC.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
Mcminnville, Oregon
United States
Member #3013
December 13, 2003
3047 Posts
Posted: May 18, 2012, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

I would have to say no.  Nobody in my family would kill me for money.  They would kid me about the money and beg but I do not think they would be that desperate for money.  We have been low income all of our lives but we love each other no matter what are differences are so I am safe from being do in by one of my family members.  At least I hope!-weshar75

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
    Texas
    United States
    Member #86154
    January 30, 2010
    1648 Posts
    Posted: May 19, 2012, 12:53 am - IP Logged

This is a very deep topic to me... and I believe I have a simple project which will give each and everyone of you an idea of what could possibly happen in the event of such a windfall. Just very casually, when you're around any friends or family, ask them what they'd say or think if you told them you'd won the lottery. Anybody here got the guts to do it? Also, it's not the initial response that I'd be focusin on but, rather what CONTINUES to happen thereafter for some time behind the thought of your winnings.

I've already been through it and I'm not sharing what happened. But, if you really, really want to know how much lots of money really affects those close to you, then conduct this project for your own personal satisfaction. There's nothing cruel about it because you'd only be asking what they'd think or feel "IF" you told them you won. There's a difference.

Yeah, somebody's afraid already. Pepper1 did really well and got deep with this topic...  Lucky's gonna one up her and take it even deeper...

Let the project begin...

L.L.

Stormiela's avatar - 170px 051Dugtrio.png
      Phoenix, AZ
      United States
      Member #120254
      December 14, 2011
      91 Posts
      Posted: May 19, 2012, 12:54 am - IP Logged

Nope but I agree with the person who said you never know what people are capable of. I can honestly say (and believe) that no one in the family I interact with everyday which is only my Mom, 3 sisters, brother and grandma would off me because they'd get a generous portion. I'd probably think of some silly excuse to give cash gifts to my extended family and probably never tell them I won the lottery. My extended family would probably never know because I don't see them often at all and have no idea who they interact with. My cousin actually stopped by a few days ago and talked about how all of his "homies" are getting arrested and locked up. If he were to know and offhandedly mention his cousin winning the lottery to his friends... something might occur. You never know.

United States
        Member #105575
        February 3, 2011
        241 Posts
        Posted: May 19, 2012, 12:57 am - IP Logged

Nope I will run away after I hit the lottery jackpot!!!

United States
          Member #105575
          February 3, 2011
          241 Posts
          Posted: May 19, 2012, 1:02 am - IP Logged

I'll be in Vegas 2 hands  with chicks around and play bj

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
            Texas
            United States
            Member #86154
            January 30, 2010
            1648 Posts
            Posted: May 19, 2012, 1:04 am - IP Logged

I don't think any of my family would kill me. I think there mouths would. They would  tell everybody who would listen. I think this would cause me to get kill are to not have any peace. I've decide that I wouldn't tell them if I ever won.

Pepper1, check my post when you have some time and let me know your thoughts on it. It's good to see you're still around!

L.L.

United States
              Member #105575
              February 3, 2011
              241 Posts
              Posted: May 19, 2012, 1:05 am - IP Logged

Vegas baby!!!!

NY
                United States
                Member #23835
                October 16, 2005
                3474 Posts
                Posted: May 19, 2012, 2:08 am - IP Logged

Whenever somebody is named as a murder suspect there are plenty of people who say the person would never do anything like that, but most are convicted, and most of those really are guilty. Anyone who's positive that nobody in their family would kill them for a million dollars either has an extremely small family or is overconfident in their judgment.

I trust the vast majority of my family, but I've got a nephew who's done some really stupid things in the past. More importantly he's hung out with some serious losers. He's getting better as he gets older, but I'm with HoLeeKau. If your family knows you won the lottery it's a good idea to make sure they know they won't be getting anything if you don't die of natural causes.

KPaul's avatar - f holeavatar.jpg
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #128094
                  May 16, 2012
                  63 Posts
                  Posted: May 19, 2012, 7:37 am - IP Logged

I can't imagine anyone in my family wanting to kill me for the money. I don't think any of them would really even pester me about it.

If I won the big one, I'd be sharing with them anyway. They're all responsible folks and would likely manage the monetary gift wisely. I'd like to pay off their homes/cars...however much that is for each, and then an equal amount to each for whatever they'd like to do with it. I think that would be fair. I'd also foot the bill for them all (3 sisters and a brother) to come to Florida for a long weekend for a family get together...we haven't all been together since we were kids. That was several decades ago.

United States
                    Member #122468
                    February 1, 2012
                    530 Posts
                    Posted: May 19, 2012, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

None of my family would ever kill me if I won the lottery. I would most certainly want to help my parents, daughter and rest of my family out. What concerns me is that in my state you can't claim anonymously and I would be worried about everyone else out there trying to come after me (okay I do tend to be paranoid at times). Also can see people coming out of the woodwork trying to be friends with me when I was never friends with them in the first place (I certainly remember my bullies at school years ago). My family would be happy for me and I would be happy for any family member who won the lottery and would wish them happiness and peace.

Idaho
                      United States
                      Member #76087
                      June 18, 2009
                      859 Posts
                      Posted: May 19, 2012, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

No.  Because they don't know where the booby traps are in the house.  Red Devil

Ha! 

As soon as I win I'll have to get The Goonies kids on the payroll.

La Maga Della Spaziometria

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                        United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3854 Posts
                        Posted: May 19, 2012, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

None of my family would ever kill me if I won the lottery. I would most certainly want to help my parents, daughter and rest of my family out. What concerns me is that in my state you can't claim anonymously and I would be worried about everyone else out there trying to come after me (okay I do tend to be paranoid at times). Also can see people coming out of the woodwork trying to be friends with me when I was never friends with them in the first place (I certainly remember my bullies at school years ago). My family would be happy for me and I would be happy for any family member who won the lottery and would wish them happiness and peace.

Just because you're paranoid does'nt mean they're not after you. LOL

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                          Lavender Rocket

United States
                          Member #124616
                          March 16, 2012
                          2642 Posts
                          Posted: May 19, 2012, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

The only person you have to worry about is you Ridge...because when you win the MM

you probably will buy a Jack Daniels Distillery...

and one day during the tour they will find you floating in a huge oak vat all bloated!Jack-in-the-Box

they will wheel you out and pump your stomache...

when the paramedics ask you if you are ok...you will answer

"more whiskey"...Sad Cheers

ooOOoo LottoBoner - what a fabulous idea!  I would LOVE to own a Jack Daniels Distillery!!!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: May 19, 2012, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

The only person you have to worry about is you Ridge...because when you win the MM

you probably will buy a Jack Daniels Distillery...

and one day during the tour they will find you floating in a huge oak vat all bloated!Jack-in-the-Box

they will wheel you out and pump your stomache...

when the paramedics ask you if you are ok...you will answer

"more whiskey"...Sad Cheers

Roger that!  Thumbs Up

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                              Member #105575
                              February 3, 2011
                              241 Posts
                              Posted: May 19, 2012, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

I am running always after I won lottery so the answer no they will never find me.